8 Little West 12th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradounyc.com/
- Phone: 2124638345
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday 11:00am-4:00pm & Sunday 11:00am-7:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday 6:00pm-11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday 6:00pm-1:00am. We are closed Mondays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Kfir Ben Ari
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering services reflective of our menu and style - Casual Provencal. We can cater events up to 75 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can be rented out in its entirety for a private event or our garden area can be rented for a semi-private event. Paradou has done everything from weddings, to birthdays, to product launches. Paradou can accommodate events up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Vadim 9173481210
- Entertainment: SUNDAY BUBBLES & BEATS BRUNCH - Make your reservation for after 3:30PM and enjoy our fabulous guest DJs in the garden while enjoying unlimited champagne cocktails and delicious food!! We do a wide range of wine tastings, cheese tastings, special menu dinners. THE PARADOU 90: HAPPY HOUR A LA FRANCAISE!!! Because after a day at the office, any office, you need some time to unwind. Talk about the boss, the client, or just breathe. Join us Monday - Friday, 6 - 7:30PM. GLASSES OF HOUSE RED, WHITE, ROSE OR BEER ONLY $5 EACH TASTY PLATES OF CHEESES, PATES & SALUMI ONLY $5 EACH
- Special Events: Every Saturday & Sunday - The Best Brunch Deal in Town!!! Unlimited Champagne Cocktails with Choice of Entree only $30!!! SUNDAY DJ BRUNCH - Bubbles & Beats!! Special Sunday brunches now last all day long from 11AM to 7PM DJ Starts at 3:00PM in our fabulous Garden!!! Free Wine Tuesdays - First we said we would do this until the Dow was back over 12,000. Then we just decided to keep doing it. Make a dinner reservation for Tuesday night and get a free bottle of wine!!! One per table
A word from Paradou
Welcome to Paradou, a little bit of Provençal paradise in the heart of Manhattan’s Meatpacking District. Behind the sky-blue doors of a 19th century carriage house, is a restaurant that will transport you to your own quiet, romantic corner of the South of France. High ceilings and white-washed brick walls, bar and tables constructed of vintage French wine crates are the backdrop for a highly acclaimed list featuring more than 40 French wines, matched by an equally extensive and innovative seasonal menu overseen by Paul Bocuse & Daniel Boulud alum, Executive Chef, Kfir Ben Ari. As warm, welcoming and inviting as Paradou is, it is OUR HIDDEN, YEAR-ROUND GARDEN that makes it a true refuge in NYC. Possessing one of the most unique outdoor, all-season spaces, Paradou offers a wonderful setting for gatherings, whether an intimate dinner for two or large parties up to 100, in a private corner of idyllic Provençe in the heart of New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paradou reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (7)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- We were the only dinersdineouthhDined on 9/2/2014For some reason, the restaurant was completely empty and during the time we had dinner and desert nobody else dined at this restaurant. It was a bit disconcerting and felt very weird. The food was very good, though..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014terrible, terrible service. waiter took 40 minutes to take our drink order. 1 person in our party of 6 did not get her meal. 20% tip added by the restaurant for service because we were a party of 6. unless you're coming for the unlimited drinks, don't bother.
- Good placeNurysDined on 7/29/2014This place has good food, good ambiance. I would have given them five stars, but we specifically went there for their foie gras, only to find out it was removed from the menu three months ago even though their online dinner menu still states it is available. That was really disappointing. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014It took about an hour and 45 minutes to get our main course. Two people in our party of 6 sent their meal back because one was cold and the other dish was not eatable. The kitchen clearly is poorly run. Everyone in the place seemed to be waiting a long time for food or drink. The information about the menu on-line was not accurate. We were looking forward to a good meal and were very it was not good.
- Deliciousangela1112Dined on 7/26/2014Food was delicious, service was great. Will be coming back for more!Special Features:
- Horrible service and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Ordered drinks after being asked 10 times if we wanted the champagne cocktail. 2 of the 4 of us ordered the same drink before he ran away to get us a whole pitcher and then didn't take anyone else's order. We were then stuck with a whole pitcher of the worst tasting Bellini ever, having to finish it before being able to get another. All I could taste was cheap champagne and which surely wasn't champagne. Not worth $30 bottomless offer, especially when the meal I had was more like an appetizer than entree. God forbid if I had to pay the price they had listed on the menu-$40 for a champagne pitcher, are they kidding? Needless to say I will not be returning and advise even those contemplating a visit to steer clear.
- We left before orderingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We were 4 people for brunch but left due to several factors. First, diners should know that the back garden is covered. It was very hot, without the benefit of actual blue sky and fresh air, and was very noisy despite being only 1/3 full. Through no fault of the restaurant, we happened to be seated next to a disruptive patron. But when we requested to be moved I was surprised at the push-back I received from the host: "all our tables are reserved," "we would not be able to move you without a lot of trouble." Um, we were a table of 4 and had not even received coffees yet. There are more gracious restaurants in the neighborhood. I will not be returning. (I didn't eat anything but OpenTable would not accept a review without a Food rating.)
- AMSJVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was probably my fifth and last time to Paradou. Previously my experiences were very nice, great atmosphere, the patio is very cute and the staff was very nice. This time, it is clear that the restaurant has decreased in quality significantly. They shifted from a cool, vibrant experience to a trashy, way too packed, extremely noisy and poor service experience. The food has also significantly worsened. I used to really recommend this place, but now would never visit again. The host was very disrespectful at the end of the night.
- Brunch July 4thChi1Dined on 7/4/2014I attended brunch with a group of girls. The seating was outdoors under a canopy like setting, and was "compact" to say the least. The brunch deal sounded good, just $29 with an entree and unlimited champagne cocktails. But that's about where the fun ended. The service was extremely poor considering it took our waiter several requests until we received our drinks. When we asked for a refill, he told us they had no more glass jars to pour the champagne in, which made no sense! We had to finish what we had first and then were given our refills, one of which was what we did not order. As for the food it was good, just wish we had gotten more after waiting about an hour for an omelet! Overall too noisy and barely any music playing, Odd.Special Features:
- The following 628 reviews are from the Paradou reviews archive.
- Service and food has taken a diveNYerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Three different food temps on the same plate. Ordered the steak and it came out cold, the Brussels sprouts were luke warm, while the potato tots were super hot (clearly microwaved.) Would've sent it back but didn't want them to nuke my steak and we were pressed for time. Service was lackluster--had to ask for bread three times before it finally arrived and we were never asked if we wanted any more drinks. Not what I remembered from the last three times I was here at all!
- Worst serviceslc4VIPDined on 6/15/2014This was quite possibly the worst service experience I've encountered. We made reservations weeks in advance, and yet when we arrived at the restaurant we weren't seated for at least 20 minutes. I could understand if the tables were full and needed to be cleared, BUT when the hostess took us to our table, there were numerous empty tables. We were a party of 3, and we were given a 2 top table to squeeze into...while another 2 top sat empty next to us. We were assured that we could have the other table once the table next to that one left, however that party remained at their table the entire time we were there. Yet we still couldn't move over. The server wasn't attentive at all and never came back to ask if we needed anything. Awful!Special Features:
- First TimersJCMLDined on 5/29/2014After reading many negative reviews my wife still decided to try this New York bistro mostly due to its location to the end of the Hi Line and its foie gras menu. Location great, foie gras menu no longer served. We sat by the bar as the back dining room was set for a large party (that did not start arriving until we had completed our dinner). The positives, our food was very good and our waiter was quite attentive. The unlimited set price wine was attractive but the red was lacking, the white quite drinkable. Would not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2014Thus spot is a regular brunch one for us We love the food and the ambience Quality without pretention Reservation was handled accurately and efficientlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/17/2014I have been going to Paradou for over 8 years and sadly the past couple of visits my fav brunch spot has changed. What used to be a lively brunch spot with great food and service - has now changed into an underage day "nightclub" with terrible service. Hope this is just a phase!Special Features:
- What's happened to ParadouSaraVIPDined on 5/15/2014Been going for years but not for about 10 months = hugely disappointed. Short and dull menu, piped loud 80s music, no French staff. All the "je ne sais quoi" has disappeared. Thurs night at 9pm used to be packed but this time hardly any tables taken. Won't be going again. What a shame.
- mothers day boozy brunchARoses8Dined on 5/11/2014Great outdoor patio garden area for a mothers day boozy brunch! My family had the best time and it was beautiful to walk the highline after a delicious brunch. Also, I should mention the Mango and Lychee flavored mimosas mmmmSpecial Features:
- Good food, Bad experience, Noisy!!twoplusoneVIPDined on 5/4/20141. They didn't have coffee. On a Sunday brunch! I don't care that the machine broke down, find an alternative coffee for your morning customers, even if it means buying large coffee containers from Starbucks. 2. I was told that they ran out of the Foie Gras dish that I ordered (we were among the first customers there that day!). 3. We bought the all you can drink Champagne brunch, and the strawberry drink we received was terrible. Luckily, I ordered a different drink, so when I reminded that to the waitress she took the glass she poured me, and poured it back into the carafe that the others were supposed to drink out of. After I already took a sip. WTF? The Pro - 3 out of 4 dishes we ordered were really good! The duck reuben is amazing.Special Features:
- A used to be greatToddBrooklynVIPDined on 5/2/2014I remember when Paradou was a gem! It was a great small restaurant that if you love pate and French food you would have a wonderful meal now not so much - unprofessional and rude manager almost one hour between starter and main course and the steak came cold - not even warm - but cold with a pepper sauce that had just been poured from the refrigerator - would not reccomend at all - bring back the old chef and there should be a manager that can handle the restaurant without being so flustered and rude
- Only go for the foodFoodie4twoDined on 4/27/2014The food is very good however the staff is horrible. They are rude and do not take your order correctly and then proceed to not give you the correct order.Special Features:
- Go for the foie gras.SteveVIPDined on 4/19/2014'Found this place while visiting the city on a search for restaurants serving foie gras. They offer a tasting menu of foie gras prepared several ways, which was excellent. But, we had to ask for the foie gras menu - it was not offered to us with their regular menus. The steak was good as well. A couple having dinner next to us who had been there several times before was surprised to know they even serve foie gras, as the menu had not been offered to them on any previous visit. On the negative side, if you're looking to be coddled by the staff, this place is not for you. They staff is not unfriendly, but they don't make much effort to make you feel welcome. They place was quite crowded, so the service can be slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foie grascrazybichonVIPDined on 4/11/2014the best thing here is the wide selection and preparations of foie gras. it is usually offered 5 different ways and all are delicious. also for brunch there are lots of fruity champagne cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Sunday Brunchdondada48Dined on 4/6/2014The staff was very nice and social. I did the bottomless mimosa special and they kept the drinks flowing while keeping us entertained with great conversation. The food was also really delicious and there was not a long wait. Would absolutely go here again.Special Features:
- Food was great! UnlimitedJasminex3Dined on 3/23/2014Food was great! Unlimited champagne cocktails are a great deal. Sooooo worth it for the price. Will def be back there again. A little but on the smaller said so reservation is a MUSTSpecial Features:
- first glass of wine was offOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/20/2014first glass of wine was off and the waiter didn't seem very surprised. Things went downhill from there -- the food was lackluster, especially the charcuterie which is pretty hard to mess up. Decor was seedy and so were the bathrooms. How does this restaurant survive in such a busy area?
- Yummy brunch and cute atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014Cute atmosphere... if you are lucky enough to sit in the back in the tent! I have been three times for brunch and only the 1st time was able to sit back there. The other two times they sat us at a tiny table in the front of the restaurant near the door, so it's a little squished and chilly but after a few mimosas you start to notice less. I'm not sure I'll return again though unless I can get a table in the back, which they say they normally reserve for big groups. Besides that, their mimosa flavor list is exceptional, and they bring a whole carafe to your table to enjoy. The food is very yummy (definitely recommend the french toast and hash brown appetizer!)Special Features:
- Worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/1/2014Smelled like bleach the entire night They did not turn the music on in the back for almost an hour once we were seated. Our server barely spoke to us, we had a few appetizers drinks and a bottle of wine. I had the foi gras as my main dinner course and had to ask for the tastes bread twice that the dish came with. We were done with our main dinner for 35 minutes before we could finally get the servers attention(the restaurant was not that busy) we were so frustrated with the service that we did not stay for after dinner drinks or the desert. Even though the entire time we had planned on having the crapes. Patrons that came after us were done before us. Will never go back and will not recommend to any friends after this poor experience.Special Features:
- Brunch food is of the best I've hadvisitor88Dined on 2/22/2014Also great selection of champagne cocktails. Great value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freezing cold inside withrocksaltDined on 2/14/2014Freezing cold inside with no solutions, almost no ambiance, pretty bad for a meat packing district restaurant. No cocktails - only wine and beer, very mediocre prefix for Valentines day 2014. Staff is courteous and service is good.
- It was alrightvalentinedinerDined on 2/14/2014This was my girlfriend and my first Valentine's day together. It was....alright. To be honest, for the price of the dinner, I was a little disappointed. We ordered from the evening's PrixFixe menu, with the added cheese course, and a bottle of wine. First, we were forced to sit in the outer area - not very comfy. It felt cramped and there was a cold draft blowing in. When I asked to be seated in the back dining area the hostess refused. I don't think I will be returning next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/1/2014Paradou is a friendly and cozy spot hidden among larger pretentious literal and figurative "Meatpacking" restaurants. Myself and four friends enjoyed beautifully presented and delicious food, conversation, good wine, very pleasant service in a relaxed setting. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable Brunch & Cocktails!ABCReviewsDined on 1/26/2014I am never disappointed when dining here for brunch. If you prefer a quieter (not quiet) brunch ask for a table in the front. If your party is extending to the morning, then a seat in the back is perfect for you!Special Features:
- Birthday Brunch disappointmentLY9087Dined on 1/4/2014This was my birthday brunch and I knew I wanted an "boozy brunch spot". I made the reservation for 4 people at 3:30pm, which was easy to get. We showed up only to wait for 35 minutes in a VERY small walkway located in the middle of ALL the front tables and bar (which shouldn't be there). They told us they couldn't get the table before us out but the brunch is limited to 2 hours. Once seated by the very nice hostess, our table was smack in the middle of the very tight back room space. It was so loud and so HOT . They heaters were blasting and though it was winter, it felt more like summer! On top of that the music was random and old, aka bad. The food was decent but nothing exciting. I wouldn't recommend this spot if you have standards.Special Features:
- Eh, Ok. Music is great!visitingNYCDined on 1/4/2014I was underwhelmed by my Saturday brunch experience here. My boyfriend and I went solely for the $30 unlimited mimosa brunch, which included an entree. I ordered the smoked salmon withe eggs and he ordered the burger. Both entrees were mediocre at best and there really wasn't a cool ambiance. The main dining area is an outdoor area that is covered by a tent (don't worry it stays warm in the winter). By 2pm it was pretty crowded. There was nothing particularly memorable about the ambiance except the music. The music is hands down the best thing about this place!They play recent r&b mixed with top 40s and a little house.Special Features:
- Noisy, but delicious foodBeckyDined on 12/21/2013Be sure to ask someone to sit in the front room, not the back room. They blasted the music and my friend and I couldn't hear each other! However. The food was so delicious. And the drinks were fantastic. Super fun brunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped and loudjonathanjoDined on 11/17/2013Went here for relaxing brunch on Sunday. I should have read the reviews more carefully Tables are so close together and it Is so it makes your ears ring. It's full of twenty-somethings shouting at each other. It's a pity because the food is excellent with good value wines to match. Service is friendly too. But I guess it's just not meant to be a place for people like me!Special Features:
- Tables are way too close together..FiskVIPDined on 11/8/2013Tables are way too close together...especially when you have 2-year old melting down next to you at 8:30pm on a Friday night! Otherwise, food is delicious...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and CrampedLyndaDined on 10/27/2013Had brunch here at my son's urging, he heard the food was good and we wanted to go to the meatpacking district. It is basically a tent attached to the back of a building. The tables are very tight in a small space. It was difficult to squeeze in and out of your seat. The music was extremely loud, and it was impossible to have a conversation. This place is geared towards a 20 something crowd, so we really did not fit in here (we are older). The waiter did warn us that a DJ started in an hour, so when our food arrived we got out as soon as possible, since it got even louder. The brunch features a carafe of champagne cocktail, so that was OK, and the food was OK, but nothing spectacular. Will never go here again.
- AwfulAwfulDined on 10/25/2013We were thrown out after asking to not have butter on a fish dish. We were ordering beautiful items and had two bottles of very expensive wine. The owner screamed at us calling us "difficult" and we needed to "get out" - the owner also called my 14 year old daughter and loser and screamed in my face. I have called and written everyone about this guy and I refuse to let anyone dine here.
- Long long waitAnnaVIPDined on 10/12/2013We got the appetizer after 45 minutes. Food is quite good, service is nice but really slow.Special Features:
- Definitely a brunch in meatpackingBrunchaholicVIPDined on 9/15/2013My friend and I came for brunch thinking it would be a chill place. What we didnt expect was the blaring house music and party atmosphere that came along with it. At first we were a little turned off but it turned into a really good time actually. I got their version of the eggs benedict and they were pretty good. Yolk was a little hard but paired with smoked salmon and spinach? I was in heaven. My friend got their omelette with bacon and goat cheese and raved about it. Portions were great. The seating is a little tight but the fun atmosphere really kind of made up for a lot. I didnt expect it but it really was enjoyable. Also, they give you bottomless champagne drinks (and the meal plus drinks is $30 total!!). Really enjoyable.Special Features: