685 Bancroft Avenue
San Leandro, CA 94577Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradiso-sanleandro.com/
- Phone: 5104309310x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday
10am - 4pm
Monday - Friday
11am - 4pm
Sunday - Thursday
4pm - 9pm
4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wiesner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine’s Day Menu
PRIX FIXE MENU INCLUDES 4 COURSES
SHARED APPETIZER, SOUP or SALAD, ENTRÉE, & DESSERT SAMPLER —
PRICE OF FOUR COURSES SHOWN WITH ENTRÉE ($50/ $60 / $75
Reservations now being excepted.
A word from Paradiso
Paradiso offers a contemporary atmosphere with an architecturalContinued
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Paradiso - Best Restaurants in San Leandro ›
Paradiso reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (198)fit for foodies (124)special occasion (117)good for groups (77)great for lunch (75)romantic (48)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2014I have been to this restaurant several times for small and large gatherings from a small girlfriend Sunday brunch to the large party Graduation celebration and every time the service, food and experience have been outstanding. If you have not been to this restaurant it is a must, especially if you live in or near the area.Special Features:
- ScooterVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Food and service was very good. Nice ambiance....a San Leandro gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitAcedVIPDined on 10/14/2014The sole special was very tasty, always great food and service
- Menu ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/11/2014We love this restaurant but were disappointed that they had changed the menu and eliminated my favorite item, the Scallops! I was looking forward to ordering them tonight, but picked my 2nd favorite item, the Salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperDavDined on 10/10/2014Really enjoyed Restaurant, will have to take my wife for my next visit.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Gemsunnyside1VIPDined on 10/8/2014I had not been to Paradiso for many years. It was even better than I remembered. The wine room is the best room if you want to talk.Special Features:
- MichelleDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food. I brought three others from work for a special occasion, it was worth the bit of a drive from the office. Parking was difficult, but on a nice day the short walk in the cute neighborhood was fine. The service could have been better, I found myself looking for help a couple of times and they weren't trained to top standards.Special Features:
- Busy, busysantafeDined on 10/2/2014For good reason, this spot is very popular...be sure to have a reservation!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesBug1947Dined on 10/1/2014We celebrated our anniversary here, and had a lovely evening. This is the best restaurant in town. We have tried many other places, but always seems to end up here for birthdays, anniversaries and an evening out with friends.Special Features:
- Still the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2014We've lived in San Leandro for six years, and Paradiso remains our favorite local eatery. Always great food, friendly service and great ambiance.Special Features:
- JustinDined on 10/1/2014I've been here a few times. Everytime has terrific. The food is beyond good, the open air wood fire really adds to the ambiance. The staff could be less "cool" but overall the whole things works. Both dinner and lunch have been very good. Best place within miles.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch!jaz2020VIPDined on 9/28/2014Four of us met for Sunday brunch. Surprised it wasn't crowded; usually Paradiso is well attended at both L/D. Food was excellent: enchiladas, short rib hash, duck hash, and crab omelet were all above average. Despite waiter's assurances, however, the poached eggs for both hash dishes were overcooked. Kitchen needs to be more careful, with most of the room empty there was little excuse for this. Still, a pleasant dining room, good location, easy parking, and a fine brunch made this a real pleasure. We'll definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014The food at Paradiso's was excellent. The atmosphere was perfect. We will defiantly done there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014good food, but the restaurant was understaffed and our poor waiter had to work way too hard to take care of all the tables he had - but that is a management issue and considering everything, he did a good job.Special Features:
- uni1VIPDined on 9/26/2014Waiter put my left over pasta w/ clams (saucy) in a paper box. Sauce was all over my car when we got home 20 minutes later.
- Delicious food, mostly med. pricedGloriaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the lunch and chatting in a quiet area with our visiting family -- they enjoyed it, too. Lovely service. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at ParadisoJillhDined on 9/20/2014We had a nice meal at Paradiso. Service was good, meals came quickly and dessert was delicious. The only negative I do have to point out was the fig and endive salad. That was really, really, really overdressed, the endive leaves were soaked and soggy and there was entirely too much pepper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and sevice, will return for the filet and cippino, and finish with the carmel sea salt gelato anytime never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden FindLuciDined on 9/20/2014Our first time here and we were made to feel very welcome for Sat. brunch. We asked for a special table and they gave it to us immediately. The waiter, Carlos, was excellent, always there when we needed him without hovering. The eggs were perfectly cooked and the home fries (which usually are boring) were very tasty and delicious. We plan on returning to experience dinner soon!Special Features:
- Always GoodRichDDined on 9/19/2014I have been to Paradiso a number of times and have NEVER been disappointed. The food is always excellent and the service is outstanding. The staff always tajes good care of the kids. A great place for the family.Special Features:
- Hidden FemCarlosThomasVIPDined on 9/19/2014A+ spot in the East Bay. I have been there twice and this might become my go to spot for clients and out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little slow to wait on usOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We sat at the table for quite a while before they waited on us. But then whne they did wait on us they were very attentive. The food was perfect and the lemon tart was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- raviolis a little disappointingflash442Dined on 9/17/2014I have to preface by saying I have been here multiple times and the food has been outstanding but this time I decided on the raviolis for the first time and it was not up to my expectations. I have the crab & artichoke raviolis and they were a little hard on the edges and chewy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014It is a great find - there is no other like it in San Leandro area - staff is friendly, food is excellent (except for the Lemon Tart, which had an off flavor on Saturday) - It's a Gem in the East Bay.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful evening! This restaurant is welcoming for any occasion - casual or a celebration. The food is always excellent, and the 3 different dining areas make it the perfect fit for any occasion. The service is exceptional. The wait staff are friendly and very attentive without being intrusive and never make you feel rushed despite how busy the restaurant is. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fine neighborhood spotcftylerVIPDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy Paradiso. The service this time was a little slow and disjointed, but the food was quite good, as always.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful in all ways!CandygirlDined on 9/12/2014We are never disappointed when we come here. The food, the outstanding service, it is such a pleasure to have this right in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- MsWandaVIPDined on 9/11/2014My new favorite dining spot Everthing about it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2014I have eaten here several times in the past. The food, service, and ambience are always good. Best tables, I think, are at the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HikerVIPDined on 9/9/2014This place just keeps getting better and better! Friendly efficient staff, (always nice to be recognized), nice surroundings and really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyMarilynVIPDined on 9/9/2014Great restaurant, great food. Noisy at the lunch hour making it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Continues to be greatOnBoardAgainDined on 9/9/2014I had not eaten at Paradiso for awhile and was grateful to find that the restaurant remains true to my memory of a good location, great service and wonderful food. I will recommend Paradiso to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great San Leandro GemCincity67Dined on 9/7/2014The food and service are outstanding. We have never been disappointed in any meal we've had.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dining!cweatsDined on 9/3/2014Celebrated our 15yr wedding anniversary with my usual go-to crab/avocado/grapefruit/mango special appetizer & hubby had the special berries salad to start, which he loved as well! There were so many entrees that I wanted (scallops, steak, petrale sole & all time favorite, melt in your mouth cabernet short ribs). It was a no-brainer for him short ribs....me on the other hand had a little more trouble but settled on the petrale sole pan-seared in butter and a short ribs dinner box to go! ~we split that for lunch the next day! :) All of it was excellent (as expected) including our 2 orders of Molten Lava Cake with vanilla bean gelato! ymmmm Only surprise, no complementary tiramisu dessert, like last time :(...Ohhhh well maybe next year!Special Features:
- Sunday nights are busyitmustbebetterthanedibleVIPDined on 8/31/2014We usually go during the week, but made reservations for Sunday evening. The restaurant wasn't prepared for the holiday crowd, under staffed, and most of the best dishes on the menu were sold out by 7:30 pm. The food was still very good. Our waiter was working hard to ensure everyone was taken care of, despite being short staffed. Next time we go, we will stick to the weekdays, and avoid the crowd.Special Features:
- Last Minute Gem1tastybudDined on 8/31/2014I made the reservation about an hour before arriving with my friend. As we parked, we noticed a couple of people outside the door. As we approached we noticed several people standing just within the door- it's 630 on a Sunday night! Fortunately I had made reservations and we were rapidly shown to our table. The service was good, efficient and helpful with suggestions. The food was excellent! My friend had the lamb shanks, and although I was not eating them, I could see how well cooked they were. The dessert ( Tiramisu) was heavenlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014Good food and service. Friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The brunch was quite nice as usual. Our server was not really too attentive even though it was only half fullSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was fabulous. The staff was great. It was a wonderful evening with a very convenient location for us.Special Features:
- Delicious food, gourmentLydiaDined on 8/30/2014Delicious food of gourmet quality and service is excellent. I really like the seared tuna I ordered for dinner. Lovely decor and easy parking also. As a large group of 8 we all enjoyed our food. The only drawback was the noise level - the noise level was high and it was hard to hear everyone at our table.Special Features: