685 Bancroft Avenue
San Leandro, CA 94577Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradiso-sanleandro.com/
- Phone: 5104309310x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday
10am - 4pm
Monday - Friday
11am - 4pm
Sunday - Thursday
4pm - 9pm
4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wiesner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine’s Day Menu
PRIX FIXE MENU INCLUDES 4 COURSES
SHARED APPETIZER, SOUP or SALAD, ENTRÉE, & DESSERT SAMPLER —
PRICE OF FOUR COURSES SHOWN WITH ENTRÉE ($50/ $60 / $75
Reservations now being excepted.
A word from Paradiso
Paradiso offers a contemporary atmosphere with an architecturalContinued
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Paradiso - Best Restaurants in San Leandro ›
Paradiso reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (207)fit for foodies (133)special occasion (124)great for lunch (82)good for groups (78)romantic (56)notable wine list (43)great for brunch (41)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (30)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Dinner at ParadisoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We had a nice meal at Paradiso. Service was good, meals came quickly and dessert was delicious. The only negative I do have to point out was the fig and endive salad. That was really, really, really overdressed, the endive leaves were soaked and soggy and there was entirely too much pepper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and sevice, will return for the filet and cippino, and finish with the carmel sea salt gelato anytime never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014I have been to Paradiso a number of times and have NEVER been disappointed. The food is always excellent and the service is outstanding. The staff always tajes good care of the kids. A great place for the family.Special Features:
- Hidden FemCarlosThomasVIPDined on 9/19/2014A+ spot in the East Bay. I have been there twice and this might become my go to spot for clients and out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little slow to wait on usOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We sat at the table for quite a while before they waited on us. But then whne they did wait on us they were very attentive. The food was perfect and the lemon tart was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- raviolis a little disappointingflash442Dined on 9/17/2014I have to preface by saying I have been here multiple times and the food has been outstanding but this time I decided on the raviolis for the first time and it was not up to my expectations. I have the crab & artichoke raviolis and they were a little hard on the edges and chewy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014It is a great find - there is no other like it in San Leandro area - staff is friendly, food is excellent (except for the Lemon Tart, which had an off flavor on Saturday) - It's a Gem in the East Bay.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful evening! This restaurant is welcoming for any occasion - casual or a celebration. The food is always excellent, and the 3 different dining areas make it the perfect fit for any occasion. The service is exceptional. The wait staff are friendly and very attentive without being intrusive and never make you feel rushed despite how busy the restaurant is. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fine neighborhood spotcftylerVIPDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy Paradiso. The service this time was a little slow and disjointed, but the food was quite good, as always.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful in all ways!CandygirlDined on 9/12/2014We are never disappointed when we come here. The food, the outstanding service, it is such a pleasure to have this right in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- MsWandaVIPDined on 9/11/2014My new favorite dining spot Everthing about it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2014I have eaten here several times in the past. The food, service, and ambience are always good. Best tables, I think, are at the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HikerVIPDined on 9/9/2014This place just keeps getting better and better! Friendly efficient staff, (always nice to be recognized), nice surroundings and really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyMarilynVIPDined on 9/9/2014Great restaurant, great food. Noisy at the lunch hour making it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Continues to be greatOnBoardAgainDined on 9/9/2014I had not eaten at Paradiso for awhile and was grateful to find that the restaurant remains true to my memory of a good location, great service and wonderful food. I will recommend Paradiso to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great San Leandro GemCincity67Dined on 9/7/2014The food and service are outstanding. We have never been disappointed in any meal we've had.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dining!cweatsDined on 9/3/2014Celebrated our 15yr wedding anniversary with my usual go-to crab/avocado/grapefruit/mango special appetizer & hubby had the special berries salad to start, which he loved as well! There were so many entrees that I wanted (scallops, steak, petrale sole & all time favorite, melt in your mouth cabernet short ribs). It was a no-brainer for him short ribs....me on the other hand had a little more trouble but settled on the petrale sole pan-seared in butter and a short ribs dinner box to go! ~we split that for lunch the next day! :) All of it was excellent (as expected) including our 2 orders of Molten Lava Cake with vanilla bean gelato! ymmmm Only surprise, no complementary tiramisu dessert, like last time :(...Ohhhh well maybe next year!Special Features:
- Sunday nights are busyitmustbebetterthanedibleVIPDined on 8/31/2014We usually go during the week, but made reservations for Sunday evening. The restaurant wasn't prepared for the holiday crowd, under staffed, and most of the best dishes on the menu were sold out by 7:30 pm. The food was still very good. Our waiter was working hard to ensure everyone was taken care of, despite being short staffed. Next time we go, we will stick to the weekdays, and avoid the crowd.Special Features:
- Last Minute Gem1tastybudDined on 8/31/2014I made the reservation about an hour before arriving with my friend. As we parked, we noticed a couple of people outside the door. As we approached we noticed several people standing just within the door- it's 630 on a Sunday night! Fortunately I had made reservations and we were rapidly shown to our table. The service was good, efficient and helpful with suggestions. The food was excellent! My friend had the lamb shanks, and although I was not eating them, I could see how well cooked they were. The dessert ( Tiramisu) was heavenlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014Good food and service. Friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The brunch was quite nice as usual. Our server was not really too attentive even though it was only half fullSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was fabulous. The staff was great. It was a wonderful evening with a very convenient location for us.Special Features:
- Delicious food, gourmentLydiaDined on 8/30/2014Delicious food of gourmet quality and service is excellent. I really like the seared tuna I ordered for dinner. Lovely decor and easy parking also. As a large group of 8 we all enjoyed our food. The only drawback was the noise level - the noise level was high and it was hard to hear everyone at our table.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DavidDined on 8/28/2014You can always count on Paradiso for delicious food and great service! It is my go to restaurant in San Leandro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradiso San LeandroSuzespicsDined on 8/27/2014A friend of mine had been telling me about this great restaraunt for months. We finally went for her birthday, and I gotta say, it is a new favorite! The food is fabulous with a great menu and plenty of daily specials. It has an uptown vibe mixed with a friendly neighborhood joint. The pasta, risotto, and homemade gelato were all home runs! I definitely recommend Paradiso for the food the atmosphere and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOTfanaticVIPDined on 8/24/2014The first time for brunch. At first i was disappointed that the regular lunch menu wasn't available but the brunch menu was very interesting and I had a delicious short rib hash. They offered mimosas with pomegranate juice instead of oj and those were also quit nice.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseDisappointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant was a nice surprise. Quite good food, excellent service and in a nice little neighborhood.Special Features:
- The Place To Go!fatima54Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fabulous and so was the service. Had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. You must try the trimisu for dessert and don't forget to get a cup of that great coffee to go with it. Highly recommend for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant, Great food...yldprplDined on 8/23/2014We visit this restaurant quite often and are always happy when we leave. We love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent, will be backJanGDined on 8/21/2014We had an absolutely wonderful meal here. Ingredients and dishes were of high quality. My rigatoni bolognese, for example, had lovely, tender meat. The hummus in one of our starters seemed home-made. I had remarked to the restaurant beforehand that we were dining there for my partner's birthday, and to my delight they surprised us by bringing him a tiramisu slice with a candle in it - free. But service was *slightly* poor - it took a long time for our dishes to be cleared away, and our gelato clearly had sat for a while melting before being brought to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatThechocolate1Dined on 8/20/2014I have never had a bad meal served here. The food is superb and the service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigdVIPDined on 8/20/2014Been to Paradiso several times, food is always really good but had Morgan as our server for the first time - she was just great, so friendly with a great smile, makes the dining experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place! Go there nowJRoneDined on 8/19/2014Have had the opportunity to attend dinner twice within a month, after a rather long hiatus. We had a great dinner. Parking is easy, within one short block. The atmosphere inside is warm and friendly. The middle of the room can be noisy but bearable. The food is wonderful with that open kitchen, it adds an inviting aroma in the air. Just go there now you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- isluv2dineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food came to table hamburgers were raw in the middle, sent back... Waiter looked like he was in a hurry to leave... Rather rude to our table and service was really poor...
- Not too excited about this placeernieDined on 8/17/2014Average food; friendly but spotty service. The waiter was a bit confused as to where each order went for our group dining. There was one dessert missing and he had to review what was ordered. My lamb shank was tender with a nice gravy. The buttery mashed potatoes were good but stangely, there seem to be burnt fingerling potatoes mixed in with the mashed potatoes. The match stick vegetables were tasteless and really non-descript.
- love this placeTamiandDianeDined on 8/16/2014Great Food and service. Very busy so I do reccomend reservations. Definately a gem in San Leandro. It is very loud in there so if this bothers you don't go. Staff very knowledgable of the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great San Leandro restaurantBuddha2Dined on 8/15/2014This is a great restaurant inSan Leandre ( we don't have that many) great food, salads. A little pricey but I always have good food and service Morgan was great the other nigjtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationFoodiesatthepinkdoorDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food with the exception of the fact that everyone got their food except me. Hate that! By the time my dish came almost everyone was done. That aside, the evening was great and the wait staff was attentive, the food good as always, and I'm glad we took our group of 7 out to celebrate a birthday. We'll be back!Special Features:
- nonameVIPDined on 8/14/2014We lived a few blocks from Paradiso when it first opened (+/- 18 years ago) and have enjoyed dining there ever since. It is nice that it has been consistently good all those years. We no longer live in the area but decided to have lunch there with an old friend as we were passing through the Bay Area. The food was great. The Crab Louie was excellent and both the burger and steak sandwich were very good. Followed by one strawberry shortcake (which was perfect) and two hot fudge sundaes. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014We have been coming here for years. Love it! The food has always been deliciousSpecial Features: