685 Bancroft Avenue
San Leandro, CA 94577Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradiso-sanleandro.com/
- Phone: 5104309310x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday
10am - 4pm
Monday - Friday
11am - 4pm
Sunday - Thursday
4pm - 9pm
4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wiesner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine’s Day Menu
PRIX FIXE MENU INCLUDES 4 COURSES
SHARED APPETIZER, SOUP or SALAD, ENTRÉE, & DESSERT SAMPLER —
PRICE OF FOUR COURSES SHOWN WITH ENTRÉE ($50/ $60 / $75
Reservations now being excepted.
A word from Paradiso
Paradiso offers a contemporary atmosphere with an architecturalContinued
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Paradiso - Best Restaurants in San Leandro ›
Paradiso reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (194)fit for foodies (127)special occasion (121)good for groups (80)great for lunch (77)romantic (54)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (40)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sunday nights are busyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We usually go during the week, but made reservations for Sunday evening. The restaurant wasn't prepared for the holiday crowd, under staffed, and most of the best dishes on the menu were sold out by 7:30 pm. The food was still very good. Our waiter was working hard to ensure everyone was taken care of, despite being short staffed. Next time we go, we will stick to the weekdays, and avoid the crowd.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014Good food and service. Friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The brunch was quite nice as usual. Our server was not really too attentive even though it was only half fullSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was fabulous. The staff was great. It was a wonderful evening with a very convenient location for us.Special Features:
- Delicious food, gourmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food of gourmet quality and service is excellent. I really like the seared tuna I ordered for dinner. Lovely decor and easy parking also. As a large group of 8 we all enjoyed our food. The only drawback was the noise level - the noise level was high and it was hard to hear everyone at our table.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DavidDined on 8/28/2014You can always count on Paradiso for delicious food and great service! It is my go to restaurant in San Leandro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradiso San LeandroSuzespicsDined on 8/27/2014A friend of mine had been telling me about this great restaraunt for months. We finally went for her birthday, and I gotta say, it is a new favorite! The food is fabulous with a great menu and plenty of daily specials. It has an uptown vibe mixed with a friendly neighborhood joint. The pasta, risotto, and homemade gelato were all home runs! I definitely recommend Paradiso for the food the atmosphere and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOTfanaticVIPDined on 8/24/2014The first time for brunch. At first i was disappointed that the regular lunch menu wasn't available but the brunch menu was very interesting and I had a delicious short rib hash. They offered mimosas with pomegranate juice instead of oj and those were also quit nice.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseDisappointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant was a nice surprise. Quite good food, excellent service and in a nice little neighborhood.Special Features:
- The Place To Go!fatima54Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fabulous and so was the service. Had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. You must try the trimisu for dessert and don't forget to get a cup of that great coffee to go with it. Highly recommend for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, will be backJanGDined on 8/21/2014We had an absolutely wonderful meal here. Ingredients and dishes were of high quality. My rigatoni bolognese, for example, had lovely, tender meat. The hummus in one of our starters seemed home-made. I had remarked to the restaurant beforehand that we were dining there for my partner's birthday, and to my delight they surprised us by bringing him a tiramisu slice with a candle in it - free. But service was *slightly* poor - it took a long time for our dishes to be cleared away, and our gelato clearly had sat for a while melting before being brought to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatThechocolate1Dined on 8/20/2014I have never had a bad meal served here. The food is superb and the service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigdVIPDined on 8/20/2014Been to Paradiso several times, food is always really good but had Morgan as our server for the first time - she was just great, so friendly with a great smile, makes the dining experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place! Go there nowJRoneDined on 8/19/2014Have had the opportunity to attend dinner twice within a month, after a rather long hiatus. We had a great dinner. Parking is easy, within one short block. The atmosphere inside is warm and friendly. The middle of the room can be noisy but bearable. The food is wonderful with that open kitchen, it adds an inviting aroma in the air. Just go there now you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- isluv2dineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food came to table hamburgers were raw in the middle, sent back... Waiter looked like he was in a hurry to leave... Rather rude to our table and service was really poor...
- Not too excited about this placeernieDined on 8/17/2014Average food; friendly but spotty service. The waiter was a bit confused as to where each order went for our group dining. There was one dessert missing and he had to review what was ordered. My lamb shank was tender with a nice gravy. The buttery mashed potatoes were good but stangely, there seem to be burnt fingerling potatoes mixed in with the mashed potatoes. The match stick vegetables were tasteless and really non-descript.
- love this placeTamiandDianeDined on 8/16/2014Great Food and service. Very busy so I do reccomend reservations. Definately a gem in San Leandro. It is very loud in there so if this bothers you don't go. Staff very knowledgable of the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great San Leandro restaurantBuddha2Dined on 8/15/2014This is a great restaurant inSan Leandre ( we don't have that many) great food, salads. A little pricey but I always have good food and service Morgan was great the other nigjtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationFoodiesatthepinkdoorDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food with the exception of the fact that everyone got their food except me. Hate that! By the time my dish came almost everyone was done. That aside, the evening was great and the wait staff was attentive, the food good as always, and I'm glad we took our group of 7 out to celebrate a birthday. We'll be back!Special Features:
- nonameVIPDined on 8/14/2014We lived a few blocks from Paradiso when it first opened (+/- 18 years ago) and have enjoyed dining there ever since. It is nice that it has been consistently good all those years. We no longer live in the area but decided to have lunch there with an old friend as we were passing through the Bay Area. The food was great. The Crab Louie was excellent and both the burger and steak sandwich were very good. Followed by one strawberry shortcake (which was perfect) and two hot fudge sundaes. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014We have been coming here for years. Love it! The food has always been deliciousSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerSteakLoverVIPDined on 8/12/2014We took a friend out of dinner and we had a great time. This gentlemen has had two meals that were not up to par at Paradiso so we wanted him to give it another try to convince him that it is as good a restaurant as we believe it to be. We all enjoyed our meal and I am sure he will be back, as will we.Special Features:
- Terrific foodJeanMichiganDined on 8/11/2014Hidden away in Oakland, this place is a find! Terrific food. The kale salad is to die for.Special Features:
- Excellent Second Visitmjh147Dined on 8/9/2014Went before on a recommendation and was just as impressed with their staff and their dishes. 1st time went overboard with appetizers which were all good, but left no room to consider a entrée. Had salad, calamari, grilled polenta/other veggies, and just decided a cocktail or 2 was all that visit would allow. Next visit, had crab/avocado, Mediterranean platter appetizers. Was unsure of which wine between 2 to get, our server, David, assured me there was not much between them besides the price. All great food!! Took a dessert to go. Both times the service was over the top, very engaging, and what dining out is supposed to be like. I plan to work my way through their menu! I will get there soon enough...baked tortellini is my next trip!!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good choice2dindinVIPDined on 8/9/2014Paradiso is a consistently great dining experience.i highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in San Leandrojaz2020VIPDined on 8/7/2014OK, that's not saying much. But Paradiso does some dishes very well indeed: salads are better than soups, fried foods are done nicely, the meat entrees (pork scallopini, roast chkn, beef) are excellent compared to the pastas/pizzas, the latter two being barely above Olive Garden. It is a pleasant, quite large restaurant inside, good service, very good wine list. This is updated Cal-Italian, not the more authentic regional style of Riva Cucina/Berkeley, Trabocco/Alameda, Centouno & Desco/Oakland. But my MIL is a Olive Grdn fan, so we compromise by bringing her here, and everybody's satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/6/2014Paradiso is a hidden gem in San Leandro. The food was excellent as was the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Restaurant!TFalleiroDined on 8/2/2014I've always enjoyed every single meal here. You can never go wrong!Special Features:
- Excellent foodEzduzitDined on 8/2/2014The food and service was very good. However, we were charged an exorbitant amount (not coo) just to have our own cake sliced. And the prices are high for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy again!LorrilDined on 7/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant! As always, Francisco gave us stellar service. The bottle of Oak Cabernet was excellent. Food was delicious. A wonderful evening with family visiting from out of town.Special Features:
- Dining at ParadisokathypDined on 7/25/2014I've been to Paradiso many, many times. The food is always consistently good and the servers are friendly. I've arranged several holiday and celebration lunches at this restaurant and have never been disappointed. They have always been very accommodating. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Restaurant4foodiesDined on 7/24/2014There are not too many restaurants serving good food in San Leandro, but Paradiso is one that serves great food. We have had many dinners (also lunches) here and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!YosemiteDined on 7/23/2014We had driven by Paradisos several times and it always looked full. Now we know why. Every time we eat there the food is excellent, the service impeccable and the ambiance great. Either lunch or dinner but make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at ParadisoLoves2eatoutVIPDined on 7/21/2014I met friends at Paradiso for lunch on Monday. I was surprised how many people were there are Mondays are usually slow for restaurants. They didn't hurry us and were attentive without being bothersome. We had a school-age child with us and although they did not have a child's menu they made her a pepperoni pizza and she was happy. Our meals were wonderful. We frequently go to Paradiso on evenings when we go to Warriors games. It is always bustling then but they make sure to get you served so that you can arrive at the game on time. to arrive at the game on time. Their wines by the glass are great as are the dinner waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place TopsJoyceDined on 7/19/2014Very nice dining experience excellent menu fine service Enjoyed every momentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable MealReneeSVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have always enjoyed our meals at Pardiso and they did not disappoint. We started with the seafood bisque and the spinach with strawberries salad and they were both great. The prime rib was so tender it was like cutting through butter! It was perfectly seasoned, well prepared, and huge! (even though I ordered the small portion). My husband had lamb chops and they were also perfectly prepared. Both entrees were served with vegetables that were cooked to exactly the correct doneness without being overdone. We had more than enough to satisfy our appetites and our taste buds. It was truly a meal to be remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad foodbadfoodDined on 7/18/2014The food was not good for the price that we paid. The mussels and calamari were awful! If the restaurant is going to charge that kind of price, then they have to have good food.
- okay food, great ambaianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Food was okay but not great and the price was high for what was offered. It didn't WOW me but it's convenient if you live in the area.There isn't a lot to choose from in this area. I wish they had more variety on the menu. For example more fish, better choice of vegetables, more more healthy entrees that didn't have red meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LTKTDined on 7/16/2014I like to treat my co-workers to lunch and I find that each person can get something they like and we don't spend more than the time we're allowed to be away from the office.Special Features:
- Consistently goodAlamedaDebDined on 7/14/2014Returned to this downtown San Leandro area for a small lunch reunion. As always, Paradiso's food and service is top-notch. From the walnut pear salad, to the lightly-sautéed filet of sole with whipped potatoes and steamed fresh vegetables, and finishing the meal with an apple crisp -- everything was perfect. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.