685 Bancroft Avenue
San Leandro, CA 94577Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradiso-sanleandro.com/
- Phone: (510) 430-9310
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday
10am - 4pm
Monday - Friday
11am - 4pm
Sunday - Thursday
4pm - 9pm
4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wiesner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Valentine’s Day Menu
PRIX FIXE MENU INCLUDES 4 COURSES
SHARED APPETIZER, SOUP or SALAD, ENTRÉE, & DESSERT SAMPLER —
PRICE OF FOUR COURSES SHOWN WITH ENTRÉE ($50/ $60 / $75
Reservations now being excepted.
A word from Paradiso
Paradiso offers a contemporary atmosphere with an architecturalContinued
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
flair. The exhibition kitchen is a highlight.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Paradiso - Best Restaurants in San Leandro ›
Paradiso reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (197)fit for foodies (127)special occasion (115)good for groups (83)great for lunch (79)romantic (47)great for brunch (43)notable wine list (39)hot spot (36)kid-friendly (28)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2014I have been to Paradiso a number of times. The food and service have always been outstanding. It is not too loud so conversation is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome variety of food in San Leandro NeiborhoodLinda4Dined on 11/21/2014Paradiso has a wide variety of dishes that cater to a foodie palate including brick oven pizza, pasta, seafood, chicken, meat, and salads. Desserts are amazing too. All served in an amazing friendly neighborhood atmosphere. If you want excellent service request Nassar and Francesco. All servers are of high quality! They have a banquet room in the back for larger groups and a nice bar and wine bar. We live in the neighborhood so we can walk to the restaurant especially in the summer. Don't miss this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very disappointed with ParadisoSandiDined on 11/21/2014I will still give Paradiso Five Stars but I am very disappointed with their customer service. I made reservations with Open Table one week ahead of our arrival for dinner I even called the night before to make sure my request for a window seat, request for Francisco as our waiter @ 7 p.m. was confirmed. "Yes, all confirmed see you Friday @ 7 p.m." We arrived early 6:20 checked in and went to the bar for a drink. At 7 p.m. My husband went to the front to let them know we were available at any time. At that time he was told they could not accommodate our reservation request due to two large parties that walked in!!!!!! We were very upset but hungry! So we were ushered to the back bar area where it was very crowded and loud. Our waitress was very friendly and personable which calmed us down and went on to order another amazing dinner, drinks and dessert. I don't know if I will trust making reservations there again but we love their cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/21/2014Really crowded on a Friday night. Make a reservation! And try the salted Carmel ice cream for dessert! Wine and entrees (duck & salmon) were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHerbDined on 11/21/2014We have enjoyed Paradiso for many years, however, by far the worst meal we've had here. Poor service, mediocre food. Disappointing.
- San Leandro gemSuziQDined on 11/20/2014As a new East Bay resident, I have been looking for very good restaurants that don't empty one's pocketbook. This is it! Paradiso has fabulous food, a varied menu and daily specials that are tasty beyond words. The wait staff is attentive but don't hover. We especially like lunch with it's full menu. Either lunch or dinner, I would encourage reservations. It's a popular place...for very good reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood fine.LoveBaconDined on 11/16/2014I have frequented Paradiso many times and their food never is nothing but fantiastic.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at ParadisoNeneDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner with friends at a cosy corner table. The seafood pasta dish was perfect with scallops, shrimp and crab in a light cream sauce. Rich but not heavy. The ahi tuna was perfectly seared and the sea scallops were very fresh and well seasoned. Although the restaurant was super busy on Saturday night the service was not rushed and the food was served at an enjoyable pace. We selected a great white wine at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood brunch place.LovetoeatDined on 11/15/2014I've had dinner here and I think dinner is so-so...a bit on the expensive side and ok food. Brunch is another story. I thought the food and service was excellent. I would definitely recommend for brunch. I had the chicken enchilada verde and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful serviceKandLsayDined on 11/13/2014I mentioned that we were celebrating my friend's birthday and we were comp'd with dessert. very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014It's hard to find good restaurants in San Leandro. This one is a gem. Service good, warm atmosphere, food is generally wonderful. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2014It was my husband's (Warren's) 62 birthday and I wanted to take him to someplace special. We've done the Jack London Square Scott's thing so many times and I wanted to have a different experience and different scenery. I've been hearing about Paradiso and kept saying I was going to go. As a matter of fact I've passed it a numerous of times. So after speaking to my sister (who frequents Paradiso) I said that's it. I went online and checked out the menu, and that's all it took. It was a go from there, I made our reservations right then and there. The food was magnificent, our drinks were delicious and our server Michael took extra care of us! After seeing the birthday cake being brought out to four different people ( his was #5) we looked at the two couples sitting across from us ( 2 birthdays at that table) and agreed that this is the place to be! Oh yea and my sister was texting me asking me how was it, how was the food? She couldn't even wait till our dinner was over so I could call her and tell her about my experience. Thank you again Paradiso for a wonderful experience!! See Ya Soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As Always!DavidDined on 11/10/2014You can never go wrong with Paradiso. They are very accommodating of request and the service and food is always excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We had a great time. It was my wife's B-day and the food and the sevice was amazing. EdSpecial Features:
- Girls Night Out!Jean24VIPDined on 11/9/2014We went here this past Sunday to celebrate two of my gfs birthdays. There was 9 of us total so it was great for everyone to try different dishes! The dishes that stood out were the Avocado Crab, NY Steak, Double Pork Chops and the Crab Artichoke ravioli. Unfortunately I ordered the linguini with prawns. It wasn't a bad dish... I just wasn't wowed. I will definitely go back and order one of the dishes I mentioned above! It was a surprising find in San Leandro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DityTidyDined on 11/8/2014We were seated near the door and it was pretty noisy with patrons entering and exiting.Special Features:
- A Nice Birthday Dinner CelebrationBirthdayGirlDined on 11/5/2014Paradiso was a nice taste of Italy in the quaint neighborhood of San Leandro. Attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly waitstaff. Our group enjoyed a delicious apple, Gorgonzola sprinkled with whole pistachios salad, a beautiful mixed beet salad, and 3 mouth-watering small loin chops with sliced mini tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with vinaigrette dressing. We had linguini & bucket of clams. Linguini was uninspired but the abundant clams stole the show, plus had a scrumptious tender lamb shank with fluffy mashed potatoes, and delicious rigatoni with bolognese sauce. The waiter appeared with two complimentary tiramisu desserts with a glowing candle on each one. We also ordered the pecan pie with whipped cream on top. Desserts were yummy.Special Features:
- Consistent and ReliableCoopDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I eat at Paradiso at least once a month. The restaurant provides a nice mix of comfort food and foodie favorites. Also an awesome desert menu! The open kitchen turns out lovely meals, quickly and efficiently. There's something on the menu for everyone. If you want a simple pizza and salad - you're good to go. Twin Lobster Tails? No problem. Great wine selection and plenty of good beers to choose from too. Service is always excellent. The place can be busy and noisy at dinner hour but almost always quiets down after 7:30. We've brought family and friends here and they always love it. Like I said, it's our go-to dinner house and never disappoints.Special Features:
- A gem in San LeandroLoves2eatoutVIPDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I always plan to have dinner at Paradiso before we go to the Warriors game. The food is excellent and healthy. The wines by the glass are good and the servers are attentive. We would eat here weekly if we didn't live so far away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DityTidyDined on 11/1/2014Have eaten at Paradiso many times. I was pleased and excited to find out that they have a Saturday brunch! The choices were bountiful and hard to choose. The warm blueberry scones -delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy halloween!mimiEATSDined on 10/31/2014my neighbor and I escape halloween'ers by going out to eat...seafood pasta for me, pork chop for my friend. we were both happy...especially after having a lovey well-made Sidecar cocktail. Service was attentive and friendly. A good go-to local spot for me!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/30/2014Adore the Niçoise salad, don't change it! Live the large open and airy room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carlos is the bomb!CPGKDinerDined on 10/27/2014I always enjoy dining at Paradiso...it's a welcome edition to San Leandro. Enjoyed the beet salad; however, the tortilla soup left something to be desired (actually appeared to be made from the same base as the white bean minestrone!). The swordfish, however, more than made up for the disappointing soup. The most memorable aspect of the evening, by far, was the tremendous attention, humor and all-around good vibe we got from our server, Carlos...he's definitely worth 5 stars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rigatoni best ever...SandraVIPDined on 10/26/2014I loved the Rigatoni, The sauce was the best ever. We came back just for this...... All the food was presented lovely, and all 4 in my party were happy with their meals.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Great food and service. Nice ambiance. Definitely recommend. Local gem in San leandroSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable OverallWabisabiDined on 10/23/2014The service at Paradiso was great. Jo Jo helped us and was ever so attentive. Overall we all really enjoyed our meal. The only thing I didn't really think was great was the pumpkin gnocchi, since, in my opinion, it was too mushy in texture. The deserts we ate were also very nice. We had the "deconstructed" pumpkin pie and the bourbon pecan pie. The setting has an industrial ceiling with an open kitchen. We ate in the room located in the back of the restaurant. ...Yes, we will be going back again, and do recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Local EstablishmentEat2LiveDined on 10/22/2014I had dined here a few years ago but hadn't been back since- Too bad; my loss. Service was attentive; ambience is casual with an open kitchen yet classy with table cloths. Wine selection by the glass is substantial. Wine and menu prices seemed very reasonable. We had lunch this time. The Caesar salad was crisp, fresh and tasty. The swordfish and salmon entrees were equally delicious and vegetables were served just as we like them - al dente. For dessert, we enjoyed Tiramisu, which was very light and an excellent rendition of this classic, and two gelato flavors which were superb. We look forward to our next visit and intend to return much sooner than this time. We think dining at Paradiso represents excellent value and quality.Special Features:
- Friends for BrunchLunchtimefoodieDined on 10/19/2014We had a great time, Paradiso's is centrally located as we were from Castro Valley, Pleasanton, Hayward, San Leandro and San Mateo. The food was good, service was great! We had a great time visiting and never felt rushed. Perfect place and time for old friends to gather, eat and talk!Special Features:
- Always ExceptionalNickidesignmlVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have been to this restaurant several times for small and large gatherings from a small girlfriend Sunday brunch to the large party Graduation celebration and every time the service, food and experience have been outstanding. If you have not been to this restaurant it is a must, especially if you live in or near the area.Special Features:
- Paradiso is AwesomeEllejayDinesOutDined on 10/17/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at Paradiso, one of our regular and favorite restaurants. We took our 10-year old with us too. We were given a great window table and were treated to their usually excellent service, including a candle-lit dessert on the house. Pre-dinner drinks are not to be missed -- basil martinis are our favorite. So many good things to choose from on the menu. While this is a neighborhood gem, it is worth the trip even if you aren't from the area. We come to Paradiso for special occasions, but also for those non-occasions when we just feel like having a delicious dinner out. They don't have a kids' menu, but there are a number of things on the menu that a kid can love -- especially for the budding foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScooterVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Food and service was very good. Nice ambiance....a San Leandro gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitAcedVIPDined on 10/14/2014The sole special was very tasty, always great food and service
- Menu ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/11/2014We love this restaurant but were disappointed that they had changed the menu and eliminated my favorite item, the Scallops! I was looking forward to ordering them tonight, but picked my 2nd favorite item, the Salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperDavDined on 10/10/2014Really enjoyed Restaurant, will have to take my wife for my next visit.Special Features:
- Great placeThirtyDined on 10/10/2014Great variety of food and wine, service always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Gemsunnyside1VIPDined on 10/8/2014I had not been to Paradiso for many years. It was even better than I remembered. The wine room is the best room if you want to talk.Special Features:
- MichelleDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food. I brought three others from work for a special occasion, it was worth the bit of a drive from the office. Parking was difficult, but on a nice day the short walk in the cute neighborhood was fine. The service could have been better, I found myself looking for help a couple of times and they weren't trained to top standards.Special Features:
- Busy, busysantafeDined on 10/2/2014For good reason, this spot is very popular...be sure to have a reservation!Special Features:
- steve4200Dined on 10/2/2014Excellent, as usual. No matter what you order, you will be more than satisfied. I have been there many times and have never been the least bit disappointed.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesBug1947Dined on 10/1/2014We celebrated our anniversary here, and had a lovely evening. This is the best restaurant in town. We have tried many other places, but always seems to end up here for birthdays, anniversaries and an evening out with friends.Special Features: