15 Railroad Ave
Swampscott, MA 01907Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradisoristorante.net/
- Phone: 7815817552x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Benedetto Carenza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call 781-581-7552; We are eager to build a menu to match your desire and budget.
- Private Party Facilities: Paradiso Ristorante is and will be the perfect setting for your private or corporate events on or off site.
- Private Party Contact: Concetta Carenza 6174291167x
A word from Paradiso Ristorante
Paradiso Ristorante is a family-friendly restaurant located across from the Swampscott train station. Executive Chef Benedetto Carenza from Avellino, Italy prepares Italian cuisine that will make you want to lick your plate. All menu items are cooked to order. Quality is our number one priority. Enjoy the ambiance of our newly renovated dining room. The casual atmosphere of our lounge offers four big flat screen TVs, aong with a lighter menu as well as our dinner menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Paradiso Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Swampscott ›
Paradiso Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- JonnieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful meal and a very enjoyable evening with 8 friends. We didn't feel rushed at all and our service was very good. A few times someone mentioned how loud it was in the room and was hard to hear someone across the table but overall the ambiance was very pleasant!Special Features:
- Not allergy friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I have a serious peanut allergy. I understand that I came to this restaurant on a busy weekend night, but I was told that the kitchen staff "did not have time" to "go downstairs" to check what kind of oil they use. When I seemed upset by this comment, the waitress assured me, "no they didn't mean it like that!". Although, I don't understand how else this could have been taken, other than they were unwilling to accommodate my allergy. I had to ask if they would just use olive oil for my food, and they assured me they would. I should have just walked out when they were unwilling to accommodate a severe food allergy. The food was only mediocre, and my health is more important. Won't be going back there.
- First visit since the new formattheGardenGnomesDined on 9/22/2014Food was good. I asked for hand made pasta instead of bought, wanted to eat the way I would at my grandparent's table. Dinner should have had sides, though. Antipasiti was ok, a little small. Too few pieces of bread. Desert was nice. Decent wine. I usually don't go out for Italian. Might try the bar next time and have a few app's and wine.
- That's Italianeyeluv2dineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Local restaurant Paradisio, never fails to perform. Great Italian dishes, at reasonable prices. 'great drinks. Wine list ok but adequate. Good bet to not to any further.Special Features:
- Great food, Great SErviceLocaltoBostonVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very happy eating here. I met my parents (I live in Boston), parking was easy, our reservation was exactly on time, the service and food very good. I'd would eat here again.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014We have had dinner there many times & have always had excellent meals. From Lobster pizza to all your go to Italian dishes like chicken parm the food tastes great. Always wonderful service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceLUV2DINEDined on 8/16/2014This place is one of our favorites. The food is always good, however this last visit the service was terrible. I'm not sure why because they were not terribly busy when we arrived at 6:30. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- NEVER DISAPPOINTS!!!MumNightOffDined on 8/15/2014We are lucky to live within walking distance of this restaurant and have never been disappointed with our dining experience. Courteous staff, lovely ambiance and delicious food. A favorite for our whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Was looking for a place to eat Saturday night, went to paradiso and loved it! Everything we ordered was so tasty !!! Will go back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food Aroundmattyhat23VIPDined on 7/10/2014By far the best, fresh Italian food this side of the Atlantic. Great service. Fresh food. Amazing home made pasta. Fantastic red sauce. Love the Veal Affumicato but anything on the menu is great! Connie is the best!Special Features:
- Very Nice ItalianzgalVIPDined on 6/23/2014We enjoyed 2 Frutti di Mare entrees and 1 Halibut special. The seafood in the Frutti di Mare was very fresh and ample, and the sauce was very tasty, too. Service was prompt and pleasant; we will return. Kudos for offering a taste of a Chardonnay before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Paradiso Ristorante reviews archive.
- Brilliantly AverageBoysNightDined on 6/17/2014A relatively quiet spot with a menu filled with Italian staples. The food is average and lacked spice. Homemade pasta is a nice treat but sauce needs basil
- My new favorite local spotLUV2DINEDined on 6/14/2014Love this place! Great food. Nice quiet dining room but also fun bar if that's what you are looking for, noise from the bar does not interfere with the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience.PickyEaterDined on 5/31/2014Just a solid place to go for drinks and dinner or even just drinks in their modern bar. If your craving Italian style food this is worth a try. It's a real neighborhood gem in Swampscott with easy parking during the evening. If you want a quiet, more romantic dining experience try the dining room in the rear. They also have a relatively inexpensive wine list. $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationFriendDined on 5/31/2014We were celebrating Mom's 81st birthday and there were 10 of us. This is a family big into fish and being MA. we know good fish. Four of us had fish, different dishes, two had veal, one steak and I'm not sure about the granddaughters. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we had several take homes. We had several kinds of wine, white before our meal, white with our meal and the steak guy had red. We sampled the whites before ordering a bottle (several bottles) and enjoyed them. We had brought a birthday cake which the staff brought singing happy birthday. We were in a corner but not at all unpleasant. It was a very relaxed dinner and fun night. We were in the dining room but we noticed that the bar area was full.Special Features:
- Great Food,VealParmDined on 5/19/2014When you find a Place like Paradiso Ristorante your not sure if you want to tell anyone, or keep it all to your self, but I just have not stopped bragging about the whole experience. Thank you Jon FossSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MdbdDined on 5/16/2014We loved the veal chop. The service was outstanding. The waitress was charming and extremely helpful with the men items. Looking forward to returning to this restaurant very shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianSwampscottsmanDined on 5/5/2014My wife got the Risotto Di Mare and I had the Vitello Tartufo. Both meals were excellent. The place is nice and quiet in the back dining room or much more lively when sitting at the bar depending on what you are looking for. Highly recommend Paradiso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Bar AreaDanielleBDined on 4/26/2014We made a last minute reservation Saturday evening. We arrived about 15 minutes early and the table wasn't ready but they had a table in the bar area that was available so we took it. Dinner was good with decent portions. We both had chicken mine with spinach, mushrooms and proscuito and my husband had his with mozzarella. We both had ziti instead of salad. We parked at the commuter rail station as all on-street parking was taken. The bar was packed! Definately a locals hangout. I am pregnant so I didn't get to have a cocktail or wine but the drink specials and wine list looked good. Hubby had a beer from a pretty small beer list. We both would go back to Paradiso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!DStaceyDined on 4/22/2014Great meal at Paradiso. It was very quiet the night we dined as it was a Tuesday during school vacation week. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. Chicken Parmesan is the best I have had. Chicken was tender and Nad a nice light breading. Sauce was tasty and light. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/10/2014Food and service were just ok. Nothing special. Won't be in a rush to go back, but notable neighborhood restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LUV2DINEDined on 3/22/2014Fantastic food. Tender veal, homemade pasta is delicious and the only restaurant meatballs I will eat! Tiramisu yummy. My only wish is more italian white wines by the glass. But overall this has become one of my favorite go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very considerate.RedcacDined on 2/28/2014We running very late due to traffic on Route 95. We called the restaurant and explained our situation. We also had an engagement at 8:00 at Lynn Auditorium. We arrived at the restaurant and saw it was very busy. I went to reception and gave our name. I was greeted warmly and told "right this way". They held our table for us for 45 minutes! Very accommodating. We also told the waitress we were in a bit of a rush and she did everything to push our meal along. The service was great and the food was very good. We wish we had more time to enjoy it.Special Features:
- Loved it!ChefJanDined on 2/21/2014Can't believe that I have lived in the neighborhood for quite a while and not been here before -- what a find! Everything was absolutely wonderful. Had dinner with a friend that I hadn't seen in quite a long while so we had a very enjoyable and leisurely dinner. Never got any pressure to speed things up. Lovely server was so gracious. Can't wait to go back!! We ate in the dining room and when we left we walked through the bar. Seems like everyone in there knew eachother! Very fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- ImprovementKringleDined on 2/15/2014Regular salads should be served with each entree at no extra cost, otherwise the cost of the entree is on the high side.Special Features:
- THis is a really excellentFoodieDined on 1/4/2014THis is a really excellent restaurant. At our last visit, it turned out to be their last day before closing for a couple of weeks for renovations, so it was packed, and they ran out of their (excellent!) broccoli rabe, which I'd been craving. But in several visits, I've never been disappointed in the food or the service. It's not super fancy (you don't have to dress up) but the menu is definitely elegant, varied and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a greatKMO25Dined on 1/4/2014This restaurant is a great place to go and relax. Went with our kids (in their twenties) and our oldest's girlfriend. Five of us. Food was adequate but inexpensive and we felt it is fairly priced. Service is attentive and it's just really a cozy neighborhood bar/eating establishment and a nice alternative when you want to just hang with friends/family. We go three or four times a year - and have had the same waitress (Emily H.) for the last five visits (completely by coincidence) but glad we get her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite of ours.StaceyMDined on 12/31/2013We always feel at home at Paradiso. The food, service and experience never disappoints. Once you try Paradiso, it'll be your new favorite restaurant too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprising GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013This was our first time dining at Paradiso Ristorante. We were surprised that a local restaurant had such a European feel. The food and service were excellent. The owner sent over an appetizer because it was our first time eating at their restaurant; That was certainly a gracious touch. We will definitely make another reservation in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2013Food was delicious. Service was good. We had a great time. It was my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting food with pleasantJoshuaDined on 12/7/2013Great tasting food with pleasant service in a lovely dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!IndyDined on 11/23/2013We were there on a Saturday so the review is based on a very busy evening. There were six of us. Food is fabulous. Noisy but perfect for a group there to enjoy the evening. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmareDined on 11/23/2013We were a party of six, sat right at reservation time, excellent waitress and the food was delicious. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good, dining room badMangiaDined on 11/23/2013Second time there, food was exceptional. Waitress also very doting and knew menu well. Lighting too dark, would have been nice to have bread sticks in addition to rolls.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends nite out, great.suzyqDined on 11/22/2013We were treated very well and they let us sit down even though our friends were not there yet. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot to meetLovelyLeeDined on 10/7/2013It is nice to find a spot where friends can meet, eat good food with great service and actually visit over dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt very rushed!!!Nothappy2Dined on 7/13/2013Over all the food wasn't bad , the service decent , we sat on the bar side at a table , on a first date , so we took our time eating, talking, and at least 6 times 3 different people came over during us eating as if we we're still working on our food could the wrap Anything , if was very awkward, I could understand if people were waiting for tables but all the tables on in the bar area were empty It will the last 90.00 I spend there for sure!!
- Delicious dinner. ChickenPeabodyDined on 5/25/2013Delicious dinner. Chicken Parm was a big with two of the group. The seafood risotto was excellent. Bolognese was good.Special Features:
- I must have passed by a millionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013I must have passed by a million times, but finally came in for dinner. All the tables were full, lots of families. Very nice meal. Good bread is always a good sign. Shrimp scampi was great. Great dinner, veal parm. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Usually terrific.GlutenFree1VIPDined on 4/22/2013The chef tried to attend to my Gluten free concerns and the veal without all the ingredients necessary for a good Marsala sauce left the veal a bit overcooked and tough. This is the first time the veal hasn't been perfect. It's a good local choice for us. We will return, no doubt. Our server Katrina is only there on Monday nights. She was bright and attentive.Special Features: