Paradiso - Philadelphia
1627-29 E. Passyunk Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paradiso - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paradisophilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 271-2066
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00 - 9:00pm Closed Mondays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lynn Marie Rinaldi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining space that can accommodate up 100 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Paradiso offers a beautifully appointed second-floor private dining room to accommodate groups up to 100 guests for a seated dinner as well as menus to suit your event and to fit your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Lynn Marie Rinaldi 8775672398
- Entertainment: BYOB On Sunday evenings.
- Special Events: Happy Hour - 5-7 Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Paradiso - Philadelphia
Located on East Passyunk Avenue near Tasker Street, the oldest Italian-American business district in the country, Paradiso is an exciting new addition to "South Philly's Restaurant Row". The spacious property has been renovated into a casually-elegant restaurant that features a open-air kitchen with a fresh approach to regional Italian & Mediterranean cooking. The private dining room provides the perfect setting for any occasion with seating capacity for parties up to 100 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paradiso - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (24)notable wine list (19)romantic (18)good for groups (11)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Scrumptious.nursefoodieDined on 11/18/2014Went here with my husband to take an aunt/uncle out for dinner. I dont love Italian but the other 3 attendees do. Probably top 3 Italian I ever had. If everyone would serve Italian dishes this way I would probably eat it more often. Had the gnocchi with spinach and ricotta in a brown butter sage, TDF. My aunt had the mushroom based pasta dish also TDF. Both the guys had the duck sausage with fusilli mixed in with brussel sprouts shavings. (I believe thats what it was) it was good but not my fave. Server was helpful, and knew his stuff for sure. Nice dining in atmosphere. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing food and staff.Ile4PhillyDined on 11/14/2014Paradiso has a welcoming staff that is very hospitable and knowledable of there menu selections. I loved the food and cant wait to go back !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJennyVIPDined on 11/8/2014I am almost tempted to rate Paradiso lower so I'll continue to be able to get a table! The pastas are wonderful. The wine list includes a lot of reasonably priced bottles. Love it.Special Features:
- ShulemDined on 11/8/2014Food, ambiance and service were all great. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great meal, environment, experienceRonPhiladelphiaDined on 11/8/2014Somehow I've missed this restaurant, even though its been around ~10 years, and I'm glad I did. Its a really comfortable environment that has the right balance of upscale yet comfortable. Just the right energy levels. Enough light to read the menu! Food was interesting and delicious - with a menu that had both standards and unique offerings. Very extensive wine list, with many highly affordable bottles ($40-60 range, which you don't find too often). Excellent service. All told, a really nice experience - I'm sorry I missed out on the last 10 years here but we will be back~Special Features:
- Excellent, againMarshaDined on 11/1/2014Second experience as good as the first experience! Compliments to the Chef.Special Features:
- consistently very goodREGG315Dined on 10/28/2014We love this restaurant especially during the week when the area is not as busy. food is imaginative and delicious. great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so so.peachesDined on 10/26/2014We were given what appeared to be a short menu compared to my other visits. The server was courteous but not very polished. Could barely hear her when she gave us the menu additions. Didn't know how to pur wine.
- FANTASTIC!MarshaDined on 10/25/2014Truly enjoyed dinner at Paradiso on Saturday, October 25, 2014, part of 4. The food is fantastic! The quality of the ingredients was superb. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. Wait staff very attentive too. Well worth the money. Will definitely go back the next time that we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great South Philly StapleMJLMDined on 10/17/2014While all the new no reservation spots are cluttering the East Passyunk Avenue scene Paradiso remains consistently an excellent choice for a delicious meal in comfortable surroundings. Food is always prepared innovatively and service is impeccable. Wish they would serve their breadsticks at the table and not just at the bar. This is a restaurant where you can relax in conversation. You can actually hear your table guests even in a crowded room. Bring the family or a first date. A pleasing choice on the Avenue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradiso pretty goodDissapointingDishVIPDined on 10/17/2014South Philly, hard to get a bad meal.. many places to go for Italian food Had a reservation at high noon. Was there til 1 15. We were the only ones in the entire restaurant..other than the cook & waitress, who was also he cashier. Was ready to invite her to have lunch w/us. She was at our table constantly, think she was happy for the company Wine list pretty slim, but she understood what we liked & gave us a few samples. Selecting one for me, that she knew I'd like. And she was right. We each had a delicious steak sandwich that was very good quality beef on a soft roll, required hardly any chewing Onions & cheese barely visible but you knew they were there Had green tea from a French co. that was different but good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything GoodBruceDined on 10/14/2014Everything was perfect for our birthday celebration. We parked close to the front door. Charming ambiance and quiet. We could have sat outside but chose inside. I chose the evening's special - wild boar ragout and wide paste. Check out their amaro list for after dinner!Special Features:
- 1st visit, won't be our lastFoodCritic007VIPDined on 10/4/2014Dined here on the recommendation of a friend. We wanted a great South Philly restaurant that isn't the run-of-the mill spaghetti kitchen-grandma's gravy place. This was definitely that place. Great looking dining room, open kitchen and bar. Had an Octopus appetizer, so delicious my partner barely shared it. Rolled stuffed veal breast was the best we've ever had. Coffee very dark and strong, desserts are just so-so, but the Budino was delicious.Hard to park, but there is valet parking on the block. Higher than the $8 listed on Open Table site (we paid $12 and were told regular rate is $21) The hostess is a little goth and not too outgoing, she seems bored, maybe she can fill water glasses or refresh bread baskets to occupy her time.Special Features:
- ParadisoCraigDined on 10/4/2014had a great meal with friends.. great food, service and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Passyunk FavoriteOursineDined on 10/2/2014Paradiso is a pivotal part of the Passyunk restaurant scene. We go often and always appreciate the gracious atmosphere and excellent food - Lynn, the chef-owner, always makes her diners feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time does not disappoint!RABADined on 10/1/2014Second time to the restaurant and was even more impressed. Meat plater for the table, great wine, incredible food and very nice competent servers. A great night out with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Philly findMustangDaveVIPDined on 9/30/2014This was a great local find. Anthony was great and took care of suggesting a truly tasteful meal from start to finish. Philly is a tough town for Italian, as there are so many, it's hard to decided where to go, but this should be on your list. Forget the cheese steaks, go here.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Had a great lunch with my mom, aunt and uncle. The waitress put us by the open window, which was very enjoyable. Food was very good.Special Features:
- First time - anniversary dinnerNMor9Dined on 9/27/2014I wasn't sure what to expect, but my wife and I really enjoyed our dinner. We started with drinks and appetizers. I would highly recommend the grilled octopus and the melon salad. Even if you don't think you'd like octopus you should try it. My wife had a veal dish and I had the mushroom fettuccine - both excellent. Service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very Good at Paradiso !RichardVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always very good food - Not too noisy - the servers are knowledgeable and helpful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Family Celebration!LuckylisaDined on 9/18/2014We were delighted to celebrate my Aunt's 87th birthday at Paradiso. The food was really delicious! The service excellent!Special Features:
- Delicious!BobbyEDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful charcuterie to start. Spinach gnocchi was light, flavorful and buttery. Pork blade was very tender and cooked to perfection. Generous portions at reasonable prices. Wonderful service, too! Convenient parking lot right across the street: only $3 to park.Special Features:
- A great find for sure.EyesOnTheMenuDined on 8/30/2014My first dining experience in the E. Passyunk neighborhood was Paradiso Philadellphia. These folks know what hospitality is all about. The perfect lighting and well done decor was inviting, making me feel at home as soon as I was greeted at the door. Our server, Anthony, could not have been nicer nor more attentive. The menu selections were wonderful. It will take me several visits to get through all the tempting dishes listed. I had the crispy chicken liver with caramelized onions for my appetizer and the stuffed breast of veal entree. Both were delicious. Next visit -- dessert, for sure! After dinner, we spent a few minutes complimenting and chatting with the chef / owner from the open kitchen - a pleasant ending to a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningFresserVIPDined on 8/29/2014We liked everything about this place. Food was wonderfully prepared -- notably exquisite gnocchi, melon salad, dorade. Server discreet, recommended outstanding wine. Desserts were scrumptious. A fine place for a civilized and tasty dinner.Special Features:
- Reliably greatAlbertRichlegsDined on 8/8/2014We're lucky to have a restaurant like Paradiso just a short walk from our home. We sat by the open front window and enjoyed the evening breeze while watching the parade of characters along Passyunk Avenue. Food, wine and service were all top notch. Especially enjoyed an appetizer of burrata, a soft cheese, with beets. My wife's entree was chicken over a wonderful salad of chunks of summer vegetables. Ambience is elegant but not stuffy, a great spot to dress up for. Our visit felt like a lovely treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencemaryDined on 8/1/2014We went with out-of-town guests for our first visit here. It was a very pleasant evening and we'll definitely be returning soon.Special Features:
- The following 446 reviews are from the Paradiso - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Excellent ExperienceHapoelDined on 7/20/2014Great food augmented by wonderful service by Sam. Excellent menu with gnocchi to die for. One of my go to places in South Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Passyunk Ave's Giada!BigguyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Looking for light, refreshing & delightful Italian cuisine,you must go to Paradiso's on Passyunk Avenue.Special Features:
- Innovative food; nice presentationMichaelVIPDined on 7/12/2014Solid member of the new S. Philly restaurant scene. Interesting menu, nice presentation -- but a bit pricy and portions were small.Special Features:
- menu very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent - problem was finding something to order! The menu was very limited. Service was wonderful. Q little over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectCentercityiteVIPDined on 6/26/2014Went there for the third time this week. My wife and I took my son and his fiancé. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PARADISOJoyceDined on 6/21/2014Chef Lynn does a wonderful job keeping the menu fresh and delicious. Wait staff (Cameron) was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and competent.. It is one of our favorite places on Passyunk Avenue. Always wonderful. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentTerryTVIPDined on 5/23/2014I love that the menu changes with each season. My new spring menu favorite is the spaghetti alla chitarra with asparagras and English peas. It is so fresh -- the perfect embodiment of spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern Italian GemKevinVIPDined on 5/10/2014Amazing pastas and risottos. Everything was cooked to perfection. I wish they had a few additional items to choose from, not a fan of whole fish so another fish entree would be nice, but very good overall. All pastas can be done as half portions which is a great way to get a taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Grandmother's RaviolisBigguyVIPDined on 4/6/2014Paradiso is amazing, and you will truly enjoy every moment of your dining pleasure from the staff and the chef, Lynn Rinaldi. Lynn has creative Nouveau Italian cuisine. It is not your type of place to get Grandmother's Raviolis. This menu is fresh and light and delicious always. Her salumi and cheese boards are fabulous along with our favorite Fritti Misto appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOBAsianfoodieDined on 4/5/2014I Love All Restaurants That let you BYOB. Apps Were Great. Really hard to have a conversation though noise Level through the roof. But everything else good. I am from out of town and would recommend this place to friends and family.Special Features:
- Disappointing dinnerdinerDined on 4/4/2014Based on previous reviews, we made a reservation here for a Friday night. The restaurant was empty. We ordered appetizers, which were bland. We had to ask for sauce for the calamari. The main entrees were lacking flavor. The gravy on the veal tasted like it came out of a jar. The gnocchi was over salted. To cap it off, the expresso tasted "burnt". The only saving grace was the service, which was excellent. The bottom line, not worth the money.
- Will ReturnDanBVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great overall experience. The chef was very accommodating especially when one of our party totally changed how he wanted his fish prepared. Nice wine by the glass selection. Bread basket with spreads was a pleasing addition. The beet salad was very good and they offered a green salad by request. Our party of four all had the dorado and kampachi, each prepared with personal preferences. Our waitress was very helpful with our selections. All of our dishes were wonderful. Another appreciated addition was the $8 ($18-$24 in center city) valet parking on bustling Passyunk Ave. We will return!Special Features:
- greatdinerDined on 3/22/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. Had a quiet drink at the bar, great wine list. before we sat for our reservation. Table was ready, service was great, always someone checking on you. Had the crude foe app small but tasty. Seafood stew was full of seafood and spicy. Stuffed veal was tender and flavorful. Dessert we had the apple with gelato, excellent. Coffee and cappuccino to top it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OkayLSPhillyDined on 3/8/2014I got the spinach and ricotta gnocchi, it was pretty good. There wasn't much selection to choose from and the portions were small in comparison to the price...that is why I gave Paradiso an overall rating of 2 stars.Special Features: