Paradiso - Philadelphia
1627-29 E. Passyunk Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paradiso - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paradisophilly.com/
- Phone: 2152712066x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00 - 9:00pm Closed Mondays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lynn Marie Rinaldi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining space that can accommodate up 100 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Paradiso offers a beautifully appointed second-floor private dining room to accommodate groups up to 100 guests for a seated dinner as well as menus to suit your event and to fit your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Lynn Marie Rinaldi 8775672398
- Entertainment: BYOB On Sunday evenings.
- Special Events: Happy Hour - 5-7 Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Paradiso - Philadelphia
Located on East Passyunk Avenue near Tasker Street, the oldest Italian-American business district in the country, Paradiso is an exciting new addition to "South Philly's Restaurant Row". The spacious property has been renovated into a casually-elegant restaurant that features a open-air kitchen with a fresh approach to regional Italian & Mediterranean cooking. The private dining room provides the perfect setting for any occasion with seating capacity for parties up to 100 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paradiso - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (17)romantic (16)notable wine list (10)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- First time - anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I wasn't sure what to expect, but my wife and I really enjoyed our dinner. We started with drinks and appetizers. I would highly recommend the grilled octopus and the melon salad. Even if you don't think you'd like octopus you should try it. My wife had a veal dish and I had the mushroom fettuccine - both excellent. Service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very Good at Paradiso !RichardVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always very good food - Not too noisy - the servers are knowledgeable and helpful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Family Celebration!LuckylisaDined on 9/18/2014We were delighted to celebrate my Aunt's 87th birthday at Paradiso. The food was really delicious! The service excellent!Special Features:
- Delicious!BobbyEDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful charcuterie to start. Spinach gnocchi was light, flavorful and buttery. Pork blade was very tender and cooked to perfection. Generous portions at reasonable prices. Wonderful service, too! Convenient parking lot right across the street: only $3 to park.Special Features:
- A great find for sure.EyesOnTheMenuDined on 8/30/2014My first dining experience in the E. Passyunk neighborhood was Paradiso Philadellphia. These folks know what hospitality is all about. The perfect lighting and well done decor was inviting, making me feel at home as soon as I was greeted at the door. Our server, Anthony, could not have been nicer nor more attentive. The menu selections were wonderful. It will take me several visits to get through all the tempting dishes listed. I had the crispy chicken liver with caramelized onions for my appetizer and the stuffed breast of veal entree. Both were delicious. Next visit -- dessert, for sure! After dinner, we spent a few minutes complimenting and chatting with the chef / owner from the open kitchen - a pleasant ending to a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningFresserVIPDined on 8/29/2014We liked everything about this place. Food was wonderfully prepared -- notably exquisite gnocchi, melon salad, dorade. Server discreet, recommended outstanding wine. Desserts were scrumptious. A fine place for a civilized and tasty dinner.Special Features:
- Reliably greatAlbertRichlegsDined on 8/8/2014We're lucky to have a restaurant like Paradiso just a short walk from our home. We sat by the open front window and enjoyed the evening breeze while watching the parade of characters along Passyunk Avenue. Food, wine and service were all top notch. Especially enjoyed an appetizer of burrata, a soft cheese, with beets. My wife's entree was chicken over a wonderful salad of chunks of summer vegetables. Ambience is elegant but not stuffy, a great spot to dress up for. Our visit felt like a lovely treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencemaryDined on 8/1/2014We went with out-of-town guests for our first visit here. It was a very pleasant evening and we'll definitely be returning soon.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceHapoelDined on 7/20/2014Great food augmented by wonderful service by Sam. Excellent menu with gnocchi to die for. One of my go to places in South Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Passyunk Ave's Giada!BigguyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Looking for light, refreshing & delightful Italian cuisine,you must go to Paradiso's on Passyunk Avenue.Special Features:
- Innovative food; nice presentationMichaelVIPDined on 7/12/2014Solid member of the new S. Philly restaurant scene. Interesting menu, nice presentation -- but a bit pricy and portions were small.Special Features:
- menu very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent - problem was finding something to order! The menu was very limited. Service was wonderful. Q little over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectCentercityiteVIPDined on 6/26/2014Went there for the third time this week. My wife and I took my son and his fiancé. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PARADISOJoyceDined on 6/21/2014Chef Lynn does a wonderful job keeping the menu fresh and delicious. Wait staff (Cameron) was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and competent.. It is one of our favorite places on Passyunk Avenue. Always wonderful. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- The following 440 reviews are from the Paradiso - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Consistently ExcellentTerryTVIPDined on 5/23/2014I love that the menu changes with each season. My new spring menu favorite is the spaghetti alla chitarra with asparagras and English peas. It is so fresh -- the perfect embodiment of spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern Italian GemKevinVIPDined on 5/10/2014Amazing pastas and risottos. Everything was cooked to perfection. I wish they had a few additional items to choose from, not a fan of whole fish so another fish entree would be nice, but very good overall. All pastas can be done as half portions which is a great way to get a taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Grandmother's RaviolisBigguyVIPDined on 4/6/2014Paradiso is amazing, and you will truly enjoy every moment of your dining pleasure from the staff and the chef, Lynn Rinaldi. Lynn has creative Nouveau Italian cuisine. It is not your type of place to get Grandmother's Raviolis. This menu is fresh and light and delicious always. Her salumi and cheese boards are fabulous along with our favorite Fritti Misto appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOBAsianfoodieDined on 4/5/2014I Love All Restaurants That let you BYOB. Apps Were Great. Really hard to have a conversation though noise Level through the roof. But everything else good. I am from out of town and would recommend this place to friends and family.Special Features:
- Disappointing dinnerdinerDined on 4/4/2014Based on previous reviews, we made a reservation here for a Friday night. The restaurant was empty. We ordered appetizers, which were bland. We had to ask for sauce for the calamari. The main entrees were lacking flavor. The gravy on the veal tasted like it came out of a jar. The gnocchi was over salted. To cap it off, the expresso tasted "burnt". The only saving grace was the service, which was excellent. The bottom line, not worth the money.
- Will ReturnDanBVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great overall experience. The chef was very accommodating especially when one of our party totally changed how he wanted his fish prepared. Nice wine by the glass selection. Bread basket with spreads was a pleasing addition. The beet salad was very good and they offered a green salad by request. Our party of four all had the dorado and kampachi, each prepared with personal preferences. Our waitress was very helpful with our selections. All of our dishes were wonderful. Another appreciated addition was the $8 ($18-$24 in center city) valet parking on bustling Passyunk Ave. We will return!Special Features:
- greatdinerDined on 3/22/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. Had a quiet drink at the bar, great wine list. before we sat for our reservation. Table was ready, service was great, always someone checking on you. Had the crude foe app small but tasty. Seafood stew was full of seafood and spicy. Stuffed veal was tender and flavorful. Dessert we had the apple with gelato, excellent. Coffee and cappuccino to top it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OkayLSPhillyDined on 3/8/2014I got the spinach and ricotta gnocchi, it was pretty good. There wasn't much selection to choose from and the portions were small in comparison to the price...that is why I gave Paradiso an overall rating of 2 stars.Special Features:
- So Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014Amazing restaurant--food was delicious, atmosphere was romantic but also fun, large wine selection, and most of all really nice energy. Chef Lynn really cares about her customers and it is reflective in her food and the restaurant's atmosphere. I totally recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Good DrinkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014I had some of the best steak of my life and my girlfriend ordered an amazing gnocchi. I look forward to coming back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Nouveau Italian CuisineBigguyVIPDined on 2/28/2014If you are looking for incredible food you do not have to go further. Lynn Rinaldi and her staff will perform magic for your evening's meal. This is the best of the best, Passyunk Avenue is alive with extremely talented chefs and Lynn is at the top of the list. Enjoy her magnificient meals in a very softly light dining area. Her staff is above average and always very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParadisoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Came here for the restaurant week. The foie gras mousse was amazing! It was the main reason why I went here. The place was nice and more for small groups or couples to go to.Special Features:
- I went to Paradiso with myalrlovaDined on 2/27/2014I went to Paradiso with my gf and our two friends for E. Passyunk Restaurant week. The menu for restaurant week was excellent. I enjoyed the pork belly for appetizer. The duck breast, in my opinion, could have been juicier. I also sampled the chicken liver/foie gras spread and enjoyed that as well. My only gripe was the time waiting between appetizers and our main entree. The wait felt like over 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I actually got a ticket from the PPA because my 2.5 hours in the meter wasn't sufficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmospere is very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2014The atmospere is very nice, the staff were great and the food was fantastic! What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpretentious perfection!terracedaleDined on 2/22/2014We have explored East Passyunk lately and have just discovered a real gem!! Our trip to Paradiso for our daughter's birthday was perfection. The cocktails were excellent ( and large!) and the wine list was extensive and reasonable. But the food.... gorgeous! with many fun surprising combinations.... the beet and goat cheese salad(warm!!) was a huge hit as was the house special salad with pork belly and a poached egg. The scallops risotto were perfection and the veal rollade was tender, juicy and full of flavor. The overall impression is creative but not fussy. I would especially like to mention the service which was friendly, solicitous and accommodating of special requests. We will definitely be back and we can recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Just between you and me...familyof4Dined on 2/22/2014Went here on a Saturday night (luckily made reservations on Friday) on a date night with the wife. We live in the neighborhood. Everything was spot-on...service, food quality, ambiance. Nice find. Keep it quiet, though, I hope it doesn't get to busy to take us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only superficial complaintsAlderDined on 2/15/2014Food and service were great. I've been wanting to dine here for a while now, and I'm glad I did. I thought the decor, in comparison to the excellent menu, lacked imagination. It was perfectly functionable; it just felt to me more like a banquet hall than the elegant dining room that the food suggested it should be. As I said, it's only a superficial complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Was very impressed on valentines day. The food was phenomenal which I assume is true everyday. The stuffed veal was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Besides the food, the ambiance was great. It may have been the weather, but we got in before our reservation. I read it can be loud, but this was not an issue. The service was great and the food was better. Had the octopus, warm winter salad, duck, and stuffed veal, and all were amazing.Special Features:
- Paradiso fits in perfectlysj2phlDined on 2/14/2014Paradiso fits in perfectly with the ever-improving culinary scene of East Passyunk. I recently took a date there for Valentine's Day, and was more than pleased with the food, service, and atmosphere. There appeared to be a constant flow of patrons, ranging from younger and older couples alike, to groups of friends and family. The staff and servers were incredibly friendly and efficient, despite the busyness of a Friday night holiday. The food was tremendous; Paradiso produces a menu with modern flare, while maintaining the truest of South Philadelphia's Italian culture and cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every item we ordered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Every item we ordered was very good except the lobster risotto. It was not as creamy as we would have liked it. We have dined at Paradiso before and we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ...BRING THE EARPLUGS!cigarknightVIPDined on 2/1/2014...wanted traditional "Philly" Italian, and decided to give Paradiso a try. I knew we were in trouble when the hostess could not hear me give her our name for the reservation...honestly, should have left then...but, did not. To say this place is loud would be an understatement, because it is really really LOUD! The food and service were good, but, the noise bothered us so much, we could not wait to leave. Too bad, because I had heard good things about this place...
- Very good. Too loud to be romanticktk19147Dined on 2/1/2014We all liked our meal. The guest of honor thought her meat was quite tasty and the other man enjoyed his fish a lot (I tried it, too, and thought it was great). The flavors in everything were well combined and the 3 appetizers were all succulent. Portions were a little strange in that one of the 3 of us got a MUCH larger portion than the others (for about the same entree price) and hers also came w/ 2 vegetables vs. the 1 vegie that another had and 0 for the 3rd. My delicious risotto wasn't nearly as creamy as I was expecting, leading me to wonder if they'd used the typical arborio rice. The major complaint was the noise level, which we thought could be baffled better w/ sound absorbent materials. If not for this it'd be romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Italian ResuaurantKansasVIPDined on 1/25/2014If you want great Italian food, in a wonderfully elegant yet relaxed atmosphere at a reasonable price, you simply must go to Paradiso. There is no better Italian restaurant in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealrubyredyDined on 1/25/2014had a great meal here Sat evening. staff friendly, food very good. a little noisy due to large parties sitting near us . will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy We Tried AgainphillyfoodyDined on 1/25/2014Tried this restaurant several times when it was new and nearly new, was not thrilled with the food. Happy we gave it another try, Hostess, Servers, Barmaid were great, my fish was excellent. A bit noisy and we had a table near the door, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The warmth of the staff made up for the chill. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but we won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014There were four of us on Saturday night, 7:30 p.m., two couples, old friends, who hadn't seen each other in several years. Couple visiting from Virginia wanted to experience the city's restaurant renaissance. The dinners were fabulous - gnocchi, squid-ink buccatelli, rabbit loin, duck, white bean and kale soup, apple tart. But we were seated next to a table of 10-12 celebrating a birthday. I am not exaggerating when I say that these folks were yelling and carrying on, taking iPhone pictures of themselves, and generally talking so loud the four of us had to scream at each other to be heard for the entire duration of our meal. We were all hoarse and exhausted after 3 hours of this. What a horrible night.