Paradise Restaurant and Bar
1800 East Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Paradise Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradisepianobar.com/
- Phone: 5625908773
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Veronica Organista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let our Chef cater your next Luncheon or dinner party. We offer a wide arrange of appetizers, entrees and desserts for any of your party needs.
Contact Eric Davis at email@example.com for more information on how Paradise can cater your next event!
- Private Party Facilities: We offer breakfast, buffets, and luncheons for any occasion. Great for business meetings and corporate events.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Davis 5625908773
- Entertainment: Check our Google Calender on our website: www.paradisepianobar.com for our up-to-date Entertainment Schedule!
A word from Paradise Restaurant and Bar
Let our friendly and knowledgeable staff create an experience you will never forget. Come taste our extraordinary menu created by Chef Veronica Organista, which includes appetizers such as the scallops on a half shell, manhattan clams, and Mac N'Cheese Balls. Our server will then entice you with entrees such as Sauteed Tilapia, Penne Pasta in a herb cream sauce, and Filet Mignon prepared any way you like. At the end of the meal, your server will personally bring over all of our homemade desserts, made daily by our chef, in hopes that you will enjoy them.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paradise Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrible customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013Arrived for our dinner reservation, was told there was up to a 45 minute wait, asked why, couldn't get an answer, only that they were slammed and people were waiting ahead of us,. There was no attempt to apologize and we were actually told " you can wait or not", we chose "not". Our valentine dinner was ruined, thanks "Paradise", not!
- Always a plus when we stopSullyfishVIPDined on 2/9/2013Always a plus when we stop here. However, were a little disappointed that they got rid of our favorite appetizer. The lamb trio. May it rest in peace.Special Features:
- For the first time, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2013For the first time, service was not as sharp as we expect. I'm guessing our server was new. He kept forgetting to bring things, and had a bad habit of sliding into the booth with guests. It wasn't a busy night, and he had no obvious reason to be inattentive. As always, the ambience changes when the entertainment starts, since there's no way to close the door between bar and restaurant. Harder to talk when the show starts. Food was good, which is why we come back. I wish Paradise could work something out about parking on weeknights. I forgot we wouldn't have valet parking on a Tueday night, and our friend from out of town had to park far away after battling traffic down from LA. Might choose a different venue next time.Special Features:
- OC/Long Beach GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013One of my favorites in Long Beach along the Broadway corridor. Great food, drink, service, and the waiters are all gorgeous.Special Features:
- More additional charges on your bilTablefortwoDined on 1/30/2013Once again items on my bill which I did not order ... this is why I did not go back for a year .. but "new manager" I thought would mean new training of staff.
- Excellent Food; Friendly Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Four of us had dinner at the Paradise Cafe this Saturday evening. The reserved table was waiting and ready for us. The service staff were friendly and as playful as we were. Then the food - it was EXCELLENT. I had the recommended fried chicken, which was delicious, but everyone had something different and all were just great, including the short ribs and skinny salad (which has salmon). We all had just a lovely evening.Special Features:
- I love Paradise. They haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012I love Paradise. They have an outstanding wait staff.Special Features:
- Thankful for Paradise CafewacandlemanVIPDined on 11/22/2012We were very thankful that this restaurant was open for Thanksgiving Day dinng. My partners 80 year old mother couldn't drive to our home, so we decided to find a nice restaurant in her area that was open. We were greeted by the owner and sat by the window of the restaurant. It was beautifully decorated for the holidays and the ambiance was great. Our waiter, James, was not only cute, but he was also very friendly and attentive. The Thanksgiving Day dinner special was a deep fried turkey and gravy with puréed yams, steamed carrots and a cranberry something. We were also offered three different dessert choices: Red Velvet Cake, Apple and Pear Pie and a chocolate dessert, which we ended up sharing. Thanks Paradise Cafe.Special Features:
- It's all about presentation.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012The food was good. We shared a shrimp cocktail to start. While it was flavorful, the presentation made it difficult to dip the shrimp into the cocktail sauce. We both had the steak salad with fried goat cheese. It was a nice portion but again served on a long thin plate that made it difficult to eat. Steaks were ordered medium rare and were both over cooked and a bit tough. Service was less than attentive.Special Features:
- Had an outstanding meal...andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2012Had an outstanding meal...and my friend who had never been there before was amazed at her meal and the ambiance. She was disappointed that the Fried Chicken was only served on Monday night 2 for 1, since she had experienced some leftovers before....but her Mahi Mahi was outstanding and she will be back again on Monday...Special Features:
- The food was great and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012The food was great and our server was friendly. Kind of a local hangout where visitors may be looked at strangely. I'd recommend this place to those with an open mind who is looking for good food and a different experience.Special Features:
- Thanks for a wonderful dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2012Thanks for a wonderful dinner. Our server Chris was great! The food was yummy. Thanks!Special Features:
- Used to be one of our faveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2012Used to be one of our fave local spots. Menu changed and the favorite items are gone. Food tasted like frozen dinner. 2 for $30 meal was underwhelming. Food came out stone cold. I have recommended this place to everyone - thought it was a hidden gem. Now it's just a bar on Broadway :-(
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012Great service, and the food is absolutely amazing! I always have a great meal when I come here!Special Features:
- David was a great server thisExcellentDined on 6/29/2012David was a great server this evening...probably the best server I have had here....made the evening more fun.....Special Features:
- Paradise has an interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2012Paradise has an interesting flavor and look that I have yet to find anywhere else, I don't think I've ever heard of a restaurant having different menus for different days of the week before. The staff there is really friendly, and go out of their way to make me feel at home, and the food is absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- Almost always a great experience...ExcellentDined on 5/11/2012Almost always a great experience.....like the new menu choices as well.Special Features:
- The food is okay, if you arePacificaVIPDined on 3/31/2012The food is okay, if you are on a date or romantic evening this is not the place for you, the dining area is next to the piano bar and very hard to have a converationit could be noisy. the service is adequate
- Love all the choices! DiverseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2012Love all the choices! Diverse menu. Everything is delicious and reasonable prices. The service is impeccable. Great evening!Special Features:
- Friendly, local gay Long BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/4/2012Friendly, local gay Long Beach bar and restaurant.Special Features:
- Normally the food is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/29/2012Normally the food is great. I don't know if this was an off day for the cook or if there has been a change in cooks, but two of my guest were disappointed in their meal preparation.
- The food is good, but managerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2011The food is good, but manager Eric Davis and his very friendly, hard working staff is what makes Paradise one of my favorite places to dine. You will not be treated better any place else.Special Features:
- Went fot Thanksgiving dinner.LyndaDined on 11/24/2011Went fot Thanksgiving dinner. Food was okay but definitely not like Mom used to make. White creamy gravy over smoked turkey was not what I was hoping for. The vegetables were crisp steamed and delicious. The stuffing and sweet potatoes were great. But no mashed potatoes? Mom where were you? Staff is friendly and helpful. Have been here before and loved the food.Special Features:
- Paradise is a nice locals,ToochVIPDined on 11/19/2011Paradise is a nice locals, gay friendly restaurant and bar. The food is average but not great and sometimes the kitchen definitely tries to stretch their creativity beyond their skills. Order something simple and you'll enjoy it. The service is always good.Special Features:
- VERY good food and good drinks.LaxdennisDined on 10/31/2011VERY good food and good drinks. Monday night menu - two for one - was a pleasant surprise!!Special Features:
- If you like to watch strippersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/30/2011If you like to watch strippers when eating dinner - this place might be for you.
- Good food, great fun, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2011Good food, fun atmosphere! A bit on the pricey side I think, for what you get. The $6 martinis however were a great bargain! :) Very noisy, not a place for a romantic interlude.Special Features:
- Another Great Night at ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2011Food just keeps getting better. Nightly specials make every experience different. Service is always thoughtful. Special requests are almost always accepteed.Special Features:
- We live in the area and decidedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2011We live in the area and decided to try it since it was 1,000 pts. We were floored at how outstanding the food was. Dessert was amazing too. My husband wanted to meet the Chef because it was so great. Our server Chris was amazing & took great care of us. Nothing I would change. Lamb trio beats any place I've been. Great job Paradise!!Special Features:
- Excellent During & After ExperienceShellyDined on 7/15/2011Four of us enjoyed our entire experience of tasty entrees, nice wine, and excellent service in the restaurant followed by after-dinner drinks & fun in the piano bar!Special Features:
- I have eaten several timesExcellentDined on 6/24/2011I have eaten several times at Paradise. My service was not as good this time as in the past. I don't think the restaurant was busy at all...just might have been an off night. The food is always good and hot. The scenery is always nice..host very nice. The Piano singer seemed especially good this particular evening....I would recommend this restaurant and I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Service is generally goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2011Service is generally good but can be spotty when the servers think they're busy.Special Features:
- GREAT!!!! EXPERIENCE ...ENJOYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011GREAT!!!! EXPERIENCE ...ENJOY MY MEAL, THE SERVICE WAS REMARCABLE...I WILL GO BACK AND I WILL TELL A FRIENDSpecial Features:
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Always a great experience although it was tough keeping the glasses filled and I wasn't offered a second cocktail despite my empty glass.Special Features:
- It was awful loud...but wePotluckVIPDined on 5/6/2011It was awful loud...but we really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- We were 20 minujtes late toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2011We were 20 minujtes late to our reservation and they still had our table. Parking is horrible in that area. They were out of the pork chop that I ordered but offered me a bone in pork chop from the main menu. Score on that one! The service was fantastic and the food was fresh and delishous.Special Features:
- We have never eaten at ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2011We have never eaten at Paradise Restaurant even though we had passed by it hundreds of times. In my mind it was more part of the bar scene along Broadway and not really a restaurant. I was wrong. The food was great. We went for brunch on Sunday because Ken had a Groupon that he had purchased for this establishment. The Eggs Benedict were great and served with Hash Browns that were good, crispy and brown, cooked in a skillet by the look of them. Rob had the Smoked Salmon platter and was wild about the quality and the presentation. Ken had the Steak and Eggs and while he asked for only 2 eggs instead of 3, he received 3 eggs that were a little over-poached and steak over done. The server did little to check up on us and...see yelpSpecial Features:
- This is a fun restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2011This is a fun restaurant. Very lively East Village scene....The mac and cheese balls are excellent, my friend had the shrimp cocktail and was blown away at how good it was and the staff is very friendly. We will definitely return for all of the above mentioned.Special Features:
- Amazing service!RodnAnaheimDined on 4/16/2011Our request for a window table was honored and we had amazing service -- friendly and perfect -- from our server, Terry.Special Features:
- This past week was my secondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2011This past week was my second time having dinner at the resturant, and i had a blast. everything from the fab hostess, to our service, to the food and to the ambiance was spectacular. i had a really great time.Special Features: