2690 Via De La Valle Ste. D210
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paradisegrille.com/
- Phone: 8583500808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm Dinner: Monday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Happy Hour: Tuesday - Sunday 2:30pm - 6:30pm (at the bar only) All night Monday 5:00 - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Sayre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Shana Adair 858-350-0808
- Special Events: Paradise Grille can accomodate many special event needs. Corporate luncheons and dinners, Birthday Celebrations, Cocktail Parties, Bridal and Baby Showers, Social Networking or Happy Hour Events. Sit down plated service, buffet style and or tray pass available. Private dining rooms or on the popular heated firepit patio, bar and lounge there is something for everyone! Call Shana Adair, Party Coordinator at 858.350.0808
A word from Paradise Grille
Diners enjoy the casual elegant resort feel on the popular heated firepit dining patio, bar and lounge. Come see where the locals hang out and step into paradise. Winner of: - Best New Restaurant by the California Restaurant Association - Best American Cuisine by Ranch and Coast Magazine - Best Outdoor Dining by David Nelson, Food Critic, San Diego Magazine - Award of Excellence for 5 Years 2006-2011 Wine Spectator Magazine Executive Chef, Christopher Sayre's California Grille cuisine takes advantage of using only the freshest seasonal ingredients. Offering the highest quality steaks, seafood, gourmet angus burgers, brick oven hand tossed pizzas, great appetizers, salads, homemade soups and more. There is something for everyone at Paradise Grille.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paradise Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very nice but not very busy.GiffordDined on 6/24/2012The food was terrific. I truly liked the babyback ribs I ordered. Matt the waiter was quick to handle all our requests. My only mistake was that I didn't check the bill thoroughly. Because I used a coupon the tip was already calculated and added in. I put a generous tip on top of that. Otherwise a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Been here a number of timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2012Been here a number of times and the food is always excellent as well as the service. Love the burgers. Very friendly staff. Good wine selections. Nice upscale casual ambiance. Has both indoor and outdoor seating. Kid friendly with high chairs and kids menu. However not the type of place where you have kids running around everywhere.Special Features:
- Great meal and good serviceKatieVIPDined on 6/15/2012Great meal and good service even though it was packed.Special Features:
- Patio dining in the eveningJimmyJamesDined on 6/8/2012Patio dining in the evening with the space heaters going and the muted tones of live music from the coffee shop upstairs makes for an enjoyable experience. Service was very good as was the food. Only nit would be skimpy on the prawns in the prawn curry dish. Thought there should be more than four in a $22.00 dish. Dropped a star for that. Far from a deal-breaker, as the food offerings were tasty with good combinations of flavors, textures and ingredients. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous 50th!starcandy07Dined on 5/29/2012We went to Paradise Grille for a late lunch after being at Spa Gregorie's to celebrate my girlfriend's 50th birthday. Our server Ryan was wonderful and he took excellent care of us. There were five of us and he didn't mind that we were all eating light - he allowed us to share a couple of salads and entrees and made good wine suggestions. We had such a fun time together. We also had a 20% off coupon so the meal ended up being very reasonable and we left Ryan an extra tip in addition to the 18% that is automatically added on. I had been to Paradise Grille on previous occassions for dinner and did not find the service as good. They redeemed themselves this time!Special Features:
- Service as slow, but otherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Service as slow, but other than that, it was great!Special Features:
- My spouse and I both had theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012My spouse and I both had the cioppino, it was delicious, very spicy. The only downside was that there could have been a little bit more pasta in the dish. We started out with the crab bisque, which was delicious as well. Desserts were good - the Key Lime Pie and Molten Chocolate Lava Cake were outstanding. The Lava Cake was chocolately but not overly sweet - if you like dark chocolate, you would definitely want this!Special Features:
- Good Happy Hour specials,SusanSzVIPDined on 5/15/2012Good Happy Hour specials, comfortable seating inside and out. Good wine selection. Is a nice place to kick back for a casual meal.Special Features:
- everyone in our dinner partyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2012everyone in our dinner party loved the food. the menu choices were great and we can't wait to go back and try more dishes.Special Features:
- The food was alright but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2012The food was alright but the service was terrible. I like the location and it has a nice patio but I haven't had service that poor in years.
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012We used to love Paradise Grille, but the last couple of times have not been as pleasant of an experience. This time we went on a Sunday night, and told them it was to celebrate our anniversary and my 40th birthday and hoped for nice seats. However, because of a party in the main room, we were seated in the bar area. The music was loud, the service wasn't very good (it took forever to take our order and then our main course came out when we were only halfway done with our salads). And we didn't get any special treatment for our anniversary or my bday. The Paradise salad was very good, but the chicken and ribs were only so-so. Our lava cake was only lukewarm. It definitely was not worth the cost, and we will not be returning!
- This was an unexpected treat.MaryGVIPDined on 5/6/2012This was an unexpected treat. Everything was perfect from our cocktails and appetizer to our perfectly cooked food (salmon, pork chop, and filet) - served on a hot plate. The service was attentive but not overly so. We never felt rushed, yet the server would always appear just as we needed him. Bravo on a great job from all. I would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- had to ask for everything,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2012had to ask for everything, server took forever to take frist drink order, then took about 10 minutes to take the food order.
- Our waiter was extremely helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2012Our waiter was extremely helpful and professional. Could not do enough to please us and satisfy our food preferences. Allowed us to taste a sauce before ordering, etc. Loved the reggae music.Special Features:
- It was good food and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012It was good food and great service, would go again.Special Features:
- We sat in the bar and althoughSusanSzVIPDined on 4/26/2012We sat in the bar and although it was quite crowded and loud, dinner was good. Food was good, server was attentive. Will go again.Special Features:
- I made a reservation and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012I made a reservation and our table was ready when we arrived. I felt the service was slow considering it was an early lunch time and there were only 3 other parties in the restaurant. We were served "tap" ice tea versus their freshly brewed which I thought was odd for the quality of that type of restaurant...it should always be freshly brewed ice tea. The restaurant wasn't bad, I just wouldn't go back, nothing special about it...food was ok, nothing special, service, not bad, but not great....just an average place.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/11/2012Was expecting more from this restaurant based on other reviews. We are not hard to please. Husband was happy with his soup and salad, but my pizza just did not cut it for me. We were placed in the noisy bar to eat and were not asked where we would like to sit. Experience was just not good for us and don't think we would go back here.
- My first time there, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012My first time there, and the experience was pleasant, and the service was great.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2012Excellent Birthday lunch. Very nice that we could all hear to converse even though the restuarant was quite full. Thanks for the complimentary delicious lava cake for a birthday treat.Special Features:
- Some improvementAndreM5Dined on 4/5/2012New chef may be making a differnce in a former gem restaurant that became stale with spotty food quality and so-so service. Our experience was better this time on a quite, not-so-busy night. We tried one of the newer dishes (rock cornish game hen) and were quite pleased.Special Features:
- Our group had 16 people.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2012Our group had 16 people. Four of the people had their food either cooked incorrectly, or not seasoned properly. Individual drinks did take a while to get to our table.Special Features:
- There is a new chef and theJanRSFDined on 4/1/2012There is a new chef and the food and service were very good on a Sunday evening. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service washopelakeDined on 3/24/2012Food was good. Service was friendly but very slow. Our finsished plates sat on table for at least 15 minutes before they were removed. Appetizer was served simultaneously with salads. No sign of manager.Special Features:
- Learned a lessonLindaVIPDined on 3/17/2012I learned that if you want a square table in the dining room you must specify it. Otherwise you get a small table in the bar.
- Dry fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012The food is consistently excellent, but Saturday night was an exception. My macadamia encrusted bass was bone-dry. However, the remainder of our party had excellent food.Special Features:
- So-So 2nd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012We came here one time before and enjoyed the firepit in the back, which is so fun with a group of friends! I decided to take my husband for a date night and get all dressed up on a Saturday night the second time, however my experience wasn't as good. But still a nice place to go. Reason being, first, our waiter came to give us water, and never asked us if we wanted a drink or appetizer etc, he walked away and we had to flag him down like 8-10 minutes went by. Then the bread is yummy! But no offer of oil/vinegar so it was dry. The Salt/Pepper were both empty, and my husbands bbq burger was very very dry and well done after we asked for medium rare. There were several toddlers inside too, which is fine but not a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Paradise Grille is a GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/7/2012My girlfriend and I always end up at Paradise Grille to catch-up. The food is great and reasonably priced and the service is wonderful. It's nice to walk in and be remembered by the staff. I highly recommend Paradise Grille any night of the week!Special Features:
- I was w/ a party of 8 forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/29/2012I was w/ a party of 8 for my birthday. The restaurant was very accommodating when I requested to serve a dessert I brought. This is 1 of my favorite places for lunch & dinner!Special Features:
- Lovely evening. Really appreciatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2012Lovely evening. Really appreciated your catering to our request for a quiet table where we could all see each other and talk.
- We went for my husband's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012We went for my husband's birthday and our baby daughtet wad welcomed with open arms. Beautiful place with great ambience, amazing food and service was fantastic. Would definately recommend.Special Features:
- The food was not bad, buttigger2tfnDined on 2/18/2012The food was not bad, but rather on the bland side. The presentation was outstanding, but the flavor did not live up to the presentation.
- We have always loved thiscmc9907Dined on 2/17/2012We have always loved this restaurant...one of the best in Del Mar! Their tomato bisque and truffle pizza are both very tasty.Special Features:
- Cozy patio setting. Dark andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Cozy patio setting. Dark and intimate. Great date place. We loved it!Special Features:
- Good & BadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012My dinner was great, but the service left more to be desired. I made a 5 p.m. reservation on-line & even had a person call me to confirm but when I got there I was told that they don't start serving dinner until 5:30 p.m. Huh-really?! So I went to the bar to wait since I was the first one there in my party & it took a bit to get a drink eventhough there were only 2 other people at the inside bar. Once my party was sat, we had to ask who our server was because we were ready to order. Then that order got passed along to the table's ritful owner who only check on us again half way through our meal. The good news is that my burger was delicious and I'd come back again for a second try just for that!Special Features:
- This is one of my wife's favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012This is one of my wife's favorite restaurants which is why we went there for Valentine's Day. We were once again treated to really great food and service. We sat on the patio and were alittle skeptical about comfort but placement of the space heaters kept us warm on a some what cool evening. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- One of the best values inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012One of the best values in Coastal North County. Great food at reasonable prices, great wine list and wonderful special events planned here throughout the year. Don't miss brunch with Santa.Special Features:
- Worth checking outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Overall it was very good. Food, service and atmosphere were all very good. I can't say there was anything that was outstanding but it was definitely a nice place to go for a good dinner at a fair price.
- We have eaten there 3 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012We have eaten there 3 times and 2 of those were GREAT! The last time was not so great. I was unhappy with my food and have sent them a note. They responded quickly and with discount to come again. Not sure when that will be. It is worth a try based on our first two experiences.
- My wife and I ate at Paradise4sMikeVIPDined on 2/14/2012My wife and I ate at Paradise Grille for a Valentine's day lunch. This was the first time we had eaten here and we were very please with the taste and quality of the food. Our only gripe was an excellent waiter who was spread too thin to adequately be able to provide prompt service to all the table he was covering. Will definitely come back.