5501 W. 135th St
Overland Park, KS 66223Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradisedinerkc.com/
- Phone: (913) 894-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday 7am - 10pm
Friday & Saturday 7am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We would love to assist in catering your next event. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from Paradise Diner
The original PB&J Concept of Paradise Diner is back! This breakfast, lunch and dinner location is sure to please any appetite. We can't wait for you to check us out in our new home in Prairie Fire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Paradise Diner - Best Restaurants in Overland Park ›
Paradise Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (18)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Went there for a Sunday Brunch with my husband before we caught a movie at Cinetopia. The food and service was great! The only thing that we didn't like about the place was the server who brought our food out was a little rude. He usually works at Newport Grill and had no idea what the food was that we brought out. We ordered eggs Benedict and he came out saying it was a Denver Omelet. When we looked confused because that's not what we ordered, he threw it down in front of us because the plate was hot. I get it, he's not used to working there, but server 101, don't throw a plate of food down in front of a person. Our actual server, Walt, was wonderful though! Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UPSCALE DINERLOVEKCDined on 11/14/2014More than just a diner, Paradise Diner is fun, new, clean, comfortable with great food from the chef 's farm to table ingredients. Great for brunch, lunch, casual dinner or late night. Breakfast is served all day. Nice presentation too. Not too loud. Worth a try in the new Prairie Fire on 135th Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We were pleased with the service and food. Our first time and we will go back the next time we are in townSpecial Features:
- Casual & fun vibejdbohdeVIPDined on 11/7/2014They serve breakfast all day & have some interesting menu items & drinks. Food was good but not spectacular. Service was good. Prices are moderate.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I was so excited to visit as I am a big fan of Yia Yia's. We were excited about the daily special but unfortunately the restaurant had run out of this by 7:30! We were a party of 4 -- general consensus was that food was just "OK" --
- Nice Little FindShockersMomDined on 11/4/2014Our lunch selections were all wonderful and, we felt, fairly priced - perhaps on the upper end for lunch. The service was wonderful though at times a bit over the top. Our conversation was interrupted NUMEROUS times to make sure everything was okay and did we need anything. On the flip side - we wanted for nothing - drinks were always full! Parking can be tricky here so I'm not sure I would visit much in the winter. There was a sign saying free valet parking but we did not see an attendant. We will definitely go back - the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very pleasant lunchmtcihDined on 10/9/2014The service was excellent and the food was very good. Nice atmosphere and quiet. I would go back again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise Diner Sunday brunchFoodieDined on 9/28/2014We were surprised at the slow service. Otherwise, food was good and it was a nice place to meet another couple and visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MerlotDined on 9/13/2014The menu does not have a great variety. There was suppose to be 2 special entres and they did not have either on the weekends. They brought our salads and our meal all at once. We felt a little rushed. Service was just ok. Probably will not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great breakfast!JasonVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had our second breakfast at Paradise Diner in as many weeks and had another great experience. We had a party of six and had no problem getting seated. Our server was very good and the food was delightful....we will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- waited 20 minutes for serviceBG45Dined on 9/7/2014The server did not even come to the table for 20 minutes. Maybe no one had our table to begin with, but we had two toddlers who wanted to eat! Food was just ok. Paid $ for 4 strawberry pieces and half a cut up sour orange.....not acceptable. Glad I was using gift cards from another bad experience. Will not return.........Special Features:
- Much BetterDougVIPDined on 9/6/2014I had a poor experience on my first visit, but this was better. The service was improved and they brought back some favorites from the old Paradise menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the driveRobSilverDined on 9/5/2014Everything was just mediocre except the waiter, who was terrible. Not what I expect from a PB&J enterprise.
- OK TimenancyDined on 9/4/2014We were great lovers of PD at Oak Park Mall back in the day and were delighted PB&J was bringing it back, but it needs to improve for us to become regulars like we were then. The decor is quite nice, and very comfortable. The service was pretty slow even though it was not very busy. We preferred the old version of smoked chicken dip without the big chunks of chicken. Both the hamburger and veggie burger and fries were unremarkable -- a lot of good competition out there these days. But the big let down was the absence of the wonderful salmon club sandwich we remember. Lots of appealing items on the menu, so we will give them another try sometime.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This quaint restaurant has great service, very nice seating and environment. The food for three of us was quite good, but somewhat skimpy. One of our four-some indicated his hamburger needed more seasoning and was overly dry. it might be good to indicate that medium should be labeled well-done. If you want it juicy, try medium-rare.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Just a fun atmosphere with very friendly helpful service. Great food.Special Features:
- SchaferDined on 8/30/2014We arrived on a Saturday morning for a late breakfast. This is a new restaurant so we thought it might be busy, which is why I made a reservation. We didn't need it. We were about the only ones there. It took about 5 minutes before the waitress ever showed up to our table, but once she did, she was very attentive. The guy who brought the food out never said a word or even smiled, just plopped the plates on the table. The food was very good. I didn't really like the decor, kind of the 60s mod look. The music was pretty good, but I'd rather not even know what music a restaurant is playing. It should be softly in the background so you can talk to whomever you're eating with. Overall, pretty good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable lunchsumdetDined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent. We opted to split two dishes and this was done by the kitchen without a split charge. Portions very generous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I got the pasta special which was noodles with alittle kale and tiny pieces of beef and a raw egg yolk in the middle. The flavor was not too bad but was grossed out by the egg yolk which was not explained by the server when he told us about the special. The pasta was very soupy and could hardly find any meat in the dish. A spoon would have worked better for eating. The others in the party liked their choices but I was so disappointed and could not eat very much of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parking garageWilmVIPDined on 8/22/20146 floors of parking, but I found that difficult to park easilySpecial Features:
- EnjoyableSandyVIPDined on 8/22/2014All 6 of us got Cory's chicken salad, 2 grilled & 4 fried. Good. Ate there years ago when in Mission. Seems like they changed dressing...now is more tangy. Liked previous one better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Unlike PB&JFoodieTwoShoesVIPDined on 8/20/2014This was our third time dining at Paradise Diner. Our prior two meals were just okay, very unlike PB&J. All four of us have been dining at all the PB&J restaurants since they opened and are great fans. Our order was a mix of appetizers as a main course and entrees. We specified which courses to bring as first course, etc., but all arrived at once. Several courses were taken back to the kitchen, but were brought again after a few minutes by another server while were still eating. Sent back again. The manager to his credit joined our table, apologized and said they would cook them fresh. To his discredit, he joined our table for a few minutes, talking and joking as if he were a fifth. Our meat was overcooked; presentation mediocre.
- Great little DinerunixrabVIPDined on 8/17/2014Paradise Diner is a solid little diner in Prairie Fire. My only suggestion to the restaurant would be to offer a few more entree's The menu is a little small. Other than that, the items that they do offer are good and priced reasonably. They have some of the best Honey Mustard Vinaigrette in the city (heavy on the mustard light on the Honey - Maybe it should be Mustard-Honey vinaigrette!). Great apps with a very respectable butter cake dessert (try it!).Special Features:
- Ok experienceCW19Dined on 8/16/2014We went there on a Saturday night. It is a lively (somewhat noisy) place. We made a reservation and they were ready for us when we came which was great. Service was very good. My husband had the fish and chips and wasn't impressed. Good, but ordinary. I had a pasta special and again it was good, but nothing special. They were quite quick with the order. I felt a little rushed (although the waiter said to take our time.) It is worth another visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMrsMacDined on 8/12/2014The food was good, pretty high priced for such small portions. We used to love the Paradise Diner at Oak Park Mall. Not sure if our expectations were just too high or what, but we felt this new place was pretty average. Service was exceptional, food was good but not outstanding and it was pretty expensive. $15 for 4 fish sticks and fries. $3 for normal iced tea. No basket of bread or anything...too many better restaurants with fabulous food or lower prices for us to return. Nothing bad...just nothing remarkable. Sigh.....Special Features:
- Delicious MealMickiVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was my second visit. The food was just as delicious. I had the mushroom burger and the brown sugar cake, which just may be the best dessert in the KC area right now.Special Features:
- Great fish and chipsSullivanFanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Best fish and chips I have had in a long time. They were light and crispy and served hot which is one of my dining out criteria.
- Great food, service lacking.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014The food was so good, fresh and delicious. The service was not so good, but fortunately the food was so good that we forgot about the bad service. Will be back because the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtrVIPDined on 8/8/2014Parking was a problem. Glad they had valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveditDined on 8/8/2014Ate there the first time. Won't be the last. Food was great. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Cisco foodKSFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Disappointing for a Paul and Bill establishment. The food was "generic" and I'm confused about the decor. There is nothing "diner" about it, just as boring as the food.
- Fun Evening on the patio!MaureenDined on 8/1/2014Becca our waitress was a sweetie! We enjoyed our meal and it was a great night to sit outdoors. Def is a spot for breakfast and lunch and a simple dinner!Special Features:
- 1st timeBrazenDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit. Went with friends and had a great time. Small mix up in the kitchen but the problem was readily resolved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Paradise Diner reviews archive.
- Grandma6VIPDined on 7/28/2014Excellent service and attentive staff. There were lots of interesting choices to choose from and the food is prepared to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only half of us ate.frozenDined on 7/25/2014Well they lost half of our tables order so some food came out and some didn't. Awkward, so half of us ate. Two of the lost orders were children, not ok. They did offer is dessert and some comp on dinners but still not ok. Menu is very limited, restaurant was freezing.
- Definitely Worth a VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014Plan to grab lunch at Paradise Diner in Prairie Fire in South Overland Park -- it's definitely worth an afternoon to walk around and grab lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soRussDined on 7/18/2014It was an ok experience. It was nothing special. I should have known because it had a noticeable lack of patrons on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- July 16, 2014RetireesDined on 7/16/2014There were 10 in our group for lunch. Some thought food was good, some felt food was bland. After being there a little over an hour, we felt like we were being "pushed" out of the restaurant. Didn't feel like we could sit there and talk.Special Features:
- first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed our burgers and fries. The red blend wine was good. There were many servers and greeters on the floor, however, the meal was served very slowly. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not living up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Unfortunately, my memories of Paradise Diner from long ago are not being met at this new location. This is my second time eating here and neither time has been what I remember. The first time, the chicken on the Cory's Chicken Salad was overcooked and dry. On this visit, our food was not delivered until 40 minutes after we ordered...due to a problem with their printer. The manager comped the meal which was appreciated but I am hopeful that they get the kinks worked out and make this a successful location. On this visit, the Cory's Chicken Salad was prepared very well!Special Features: