Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
28128 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paradisecovemalibu.com/beachcafe/index09.html
- Phone: 3104572503
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact Callie for special events at firstname.lastname@example.org. Callie 617-997-1761
A word from Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is a delightful treat for visitors and residents of Malibu. Located at the beautiful Paradise Cove Pier, they offer breathtaking views, incredible service, delicious food and a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (167)great for outdoor dining (164)great for lunch (102)kid-friendly (91)great for brunch (84)special occasion (77)good for groups (60)romantic (53)hot spot (52)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)notable wine list (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014you can't beat beach and fine food - been coming here for years - only sad that it's been discovered!Special Features:
- LovePCBCDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated my birthday there last week, and it truly made my day extra-special. We live in Calabasas and loved the trip to the October beach and the great food we at at the Beach Cafe. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Hidden treasureMrsSqueaksDined on 10/13/2014Kind of pricey but I'm glad we went. Got seated right on time and it was a pleasure to be able to walk on the beach while waiting for my guest. Food on the expensive side but plentiful and tasty. Great place to take out of towners for a beach dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsGingerdeaDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant has great views if you sit outside of the ocean. The food is OK. It is pretty expensive but you do get larger portions, which is good. Drink I had was very strange with this strange flavored balls in them. Waitress could see I didn't like but didn't offer to take back. I ended up giving it to my husband. Overall if you want a great food and OK food and don't mind paying for the view then it's a great place to eat.Special Features:
- All about the view!FoodbillyDined on 10/8/2014Amazing view, great servive and food is safe. We had dinner, probably better for lunch or breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationCherVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have been there several time, great location food is very average and high priced. Amazing birthday cake, which made up for the food!Special Features:
- LOVEMYFOODDined on 10/6/2014It was my birthday and so we thought we would splurge for lunch....I had maine lobster...it was wonderful! Our server was very attentive and calm...a busy day for a Monday! We bring our international visitors here. We have yet to sample the night life here!!Special Features:
- Pleasently surprised.Rockfordfan14Dined on 10/5/2014As a longtime fan of the Rockford Files series, I had always wanted to visit Paradise Cove where Jim had his trailer parked on the show. We recently had that opportunity and given that parking was $40, having dinner made sense as with validation, that was reduced to $6. I honestly didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. The service was outstanding. The clam chowder the best ever and we both had the shrimp scampi that was delicious. The total tab was around $100 with two cocktails but worth every penny. A great place, awesome meal and finally got to see a place that was on my list for years. Highly recommend checking it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatDebbieDined on 10/5/2014Food, service was just ok, nothing special for the pricey food The place needs updating and it had a strange odor in the restruant. For the price of the food I'd go to another place in Malibu for the food and ambience.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014You can't beat the view. Our waiter, Luis, was amazing. We had a party in a wheelchair and he made arrangements for her to borrow a wheelchair with wheels that were good on sand and we were able to take her down to the beach. It was the first time she had been close to the water for 30 years. The food is okay, plenty of it. But it was a very enjoyable afternoon. Great for a Sunday afternoon brunch.Special Features:
- Really fun and unique spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Took my family here for breakfast on a Sunday, and we had the best time. The food was wonderful (I had the chilaquiles) and the bloody Mary's were fantastic! After eating, we played on the beach for 3 hours. Very clean beach! You can bring your own snacks and Lcoholic beverages. (No hard liquor)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMWEHOJMWEHODined on 10/4/2014Always love making the drive on Sunset Blvd. / PCH from WEHO to Paradise Cove and taking our out of town guests there. We enjoy it no matter what time of year it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise Cove805DedeDined on 10/3/2014Pricy, but you get what you pay for. The portions are very generous, and we each brought home a left-overs box. We were given a table at the window where we were able to enjoy the ocean without being out on the sand. Our server rarely left us, always checking up on us, making sure our tea was refilled and our water glasses full. We brought family from out of state, and I knew we choose well when my sister-in-law walked in and said, "This is wonderful."Special Features:
- PERFETTOgaetanor6Dined on 10/3/2014Il posto e' perfetto considerando che siamo sulla costa californiana. In italia siamo abituati a posti del genere ma li e' una rarità che va vissuta. Andateci e' molto bello ed anche se caro ne vale la pena. Le portate sono molto abbondanti...da dividere almeno in due.Special Features:
- If you want to be on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Location is nice. The food acceptable. I would qualify it as a beach restaurant, even if you eat inside seating in a booth. Wood tables are not clean, seats either, service very very casual.Special Features:
- Below average food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Service wasn't horrible, but nothing to speak of. Food underwhelming, not worth the price. Worth going once, won't need to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have you been all my life?MouthwateringDined on 9/27/2014I have lived only 1 hour and 50 minutes away from Paradise Cove, and in the 20 years that I have lived near this hidden gem, we went there for the first time over this past weekend! What is wrong with me? We are seafood snobs. From Bodega Bay to San Francisco to Pismo we have had it all. Never in the 25 years we have been together, have we ever had seafood this good! They have the freshest, most amazing seafood we have ever eaten! The clam chowder is the best we have ever had. Hands down 10 times better than "Splash" in Pismo. This clam chowder literally melts in your mouth. It is almost a silky consistency. My husband had the prawns. Largest prawns we have ever seen! Don't miss out! You must eat here at least once in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make your day perfect & delicious!JennieUSADined on 9/27/2014I really enjoy driving to Malibu where it relaxes your soul and gives you a peace of mind. Like its name, Paradise Cove Beach Cafe, I felt like I was in the paradise. The food was plenty enough for sharing with friends. It was so fresh and delicious. My favorite was a lobster taco and it was perfect match with Blue Moon drafted beer. Our table was at the patio and I enjoyed rubbing a sand with my bare feet while eating. It was a perfect day to enjoy seafoods with best friends. I cannot wait until going back to this place again. The service was also incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014lovely place to relax good is alright great drinksSpecial Features:
- amazing view and even better foodMikeBDined on 9/25/2014This place is amazing. Saying that they have huge portions is an understatement. You can order and eat right on the beach or sit on the patio or inside. The food is excellent and the seafood is fresh. loved every moment of it. don't even get me started on the massive mile high chocolate cake that 10 people could share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Paradise CoveLoveParadiseCoveDined on 9/25/2014Been going here for years .... not another place like it around. If you want to have a true relaxed, beach-front dining experience, this is the place to be!!Special Features:
- Great Experiencegarnet12Dined on 9/25/2014We loved our experience at Paradise Cove. Our outdoor table was perfect and the service was great. Great food too!Special Features:
- Amazing BreakfastKariVIPDined on 9/23/2014I went with 2 friends to celebrate her 50th bday, we also had a 4 yr. old with us and it couldn't have been a ether morning. Her daughter played in the sand while we enjoyed Chilequiles, Huevos Rancheros, and an omelet with all sorts of stuff inside. All the while I was drooling over the cinnamon french toast next to us. Food was delicious, service great. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise Cove Beach CafeCaliforniaGirlDined on 9/21/2014I have celebrated birthdays with friends here with lunch and dinner. Reservations are a breeze to make (and edit if necessary) online. The service was perfect: Amiable, attentive, and despite how busy this restaurant is, we did not feel rushed. The food was very good, large portions and served up fresh and hot (teriyaki ginger salmon and coconut shrimp were amazing). The mojitos were sooo tasty! You can enjoy this restaurant in casual clothing, atmosphere is very relaxed. All that and a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean on a sunny, picture-perfect Southern California day...could not have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We are from Cleveland, OH and first visited you 3 years ago! Loved it so much that when my daughter said she wanted a trip to CA for her 16th birthday she and I both knew you would be on our list of places to see again!Special Features:
- Nice birthday breakfastKarlDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed dining at Paradise Cafe in Malibu for my wife's birthday with my daughter from Pepperdine University. Was amazed at the cost to park at the establishment though - $40 if you are there longer than four hours. Wow, that's steep!Special Features:
- JazzyDined on 9/14/2014food took a long time to come out! My salad came with my entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - but...ktsmammaDined on 9/14/2014Dinner was very good - but for the price a salad and or vegetable to go with our fish and rice would be nice. The presentation of only 2 things on the plate was lacking ....especially for $25+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DollyDined on 9/13/2014The noise level was very high until people started leave about 3/4 of our meal! Do not plan to return any time soon.Special Features:
- Last time for us.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Over-crowded. Over-expensive ($40 parking even one minute over 4 hrs & be prepared to be in the exit line for a while. Sandwiches $20. We had hoped to walk along the beach and to be relaxed before and dinner, but we were always watching the clock. The bartender told us to leave at least 15mins early). Screaming kids & parents who seemed not to care. Food was good. Calamari appetizer was enormously oily. Cadillac Margarita was strong & tasty. Ahi was really good. Servers and everyone working there were all helpful but it seemed highly stressed and very busy. Because I have been here several times over the last 4 decades, I remember the delight that it used to be. It is no longer that, sadly, and this was the last time for us.Special Features:
- Horrible PaellaTraveldiva1Dined on 9/13/2014This was the worse meal I have ever tried to eat. There were 2 slices of sausage the state 8oz is served the chicken was not breast as advertised the shrimp were not cooked there were no meat in the clam and mussel shells only 5 pieces in the rice the server came to the table once 1 minute after the meal was served to ask if everything was ok we had not tasted the foodSpecial Features:
- Beach!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to have lunch, it is worth every penny!! Being able to drink in the beach is awesome! The day beds are comfortable... Etc!!! Great place... Don't do walk ins, drive in with your car!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerHockeyfan9Dined on 9/11/2014This was the first time at this place and I thought it was quite charming. Since it was a thursday night it was very quiet and peaceful. I can only imagine how busy a place like this can get on any weekend and holidays. The food was very good and lots of it. The wait staff was very good, although I did order the Clam Chowder, which I never received, but then again, I was glad that I didn't cause there was a lot of food for the Entree. Great place I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where's the fish?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Brought out of town guests - great outside setting - service so so (wrong orders brought to our table, then 3 orders served and the 4th came almost 15 minutes later) - fish tacos amazing - seafood salad had almost no seafood in it.Special Features:
- Insanely overpriced and no ambienceBummedDined on 9/7/2014Yes yes I know you are paying for the beach view. But honestly, I wish I could go back in time and eat at the islands restaurant up the road and then park and walk to the beach. It was $300 for the 5 of us, we're talking $20 flavorless calamari and fries, $30 overcooked borderline burnt coconut shrimp that shouldn't have even been served to us, $18 from the freezer bland hamburgers, I had a totally gross tuna melt that I could smell coming to me. Folks I read the reviews before I came here and there were a lot just like this one and I ignored it and went anyway. I regret it. Really, save your money and way at dukes or moonshadows.Special Features:
- luvthewestcoastDined on 9/7/2014Eating at the Paradise Cove was very relaxing and the best suggestion by boyfriend has made to go out for brunch. It was peaceful and very nice to spend the time there with my boyfriend. The beach is private so it's not too crowded and overall we had a fantastic time.Special Features:
- ComfortableReiffDined on 9/6/2014Great Beach environment with very good food and drink---Will be back for calamari and paellaSpecial Features:
- SlippingketchillDined on 9/6/2014Great margarita; great salmon; underdone baked potato; avoid the sugar snap peas - delicious but impossible to eat, VERY stringy. We asked for an outside table at the ocean edge for this special occasion - we didn't get it but the two parties (same size) after us did. This was a disappointing visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant Beat the View!Rawb753Dined on 9/6/2014Paradise Cove is a great little cafe right on the beach, and i mean you're literally IN the sand. Dont wear nice shoes or heels, wear what you would wear to the beach. You sit about 40 or 50 yards from the water, in the sand, and get to enjoy everything that comes with sitting that close; the cool breeze, the sound of the ocean and the view of the surf. It's awesome. This place is SURE to impress anyone you bring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wronggwgwVIPDined on 9/6/2014A great location, wonderful food (and large portions!), great service and can't beat the view especially if you decide to eat outside with the sand under your feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.