Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
28128 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paradisecovemalibu.com/beachcafe/index09.html
- Phone: (310) 457-2503
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact Callie for special events at firstname.lastname@example.org. Callie 617-997-1761
A word from Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is a delightful treat for visitors and residents of Malibu. Located at the beautiful Paradise Cove Pier, they offer breathtaking views, incredible service, delicious food and a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (130)great for outdoor dining (123)great for lunch (74)kid-friendly (66)great for brunch (63)special occasion (57)good for groups (47)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (34)fit for foodies (22)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- All You Can Eat ClamsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014The Steams clams were ok but a bit too salty. The fried clams were barely edible.Special Features:
- Love The Place,But Not the $$$ WineLoveParadiseCoveDined on 11/9/2014Been going to Paradise Cove for years, and have always loved the experience. Took my niece there for the first time the other day when she was visiting the LA area, and she had a great time. My only complaint is the price charged for a class of house Chardonnay - $9.00 (before tip)!!!! Kinda ridiculous for a 3/4 full wine glass. It won't stop me from going there, just from ever buying alcohol there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot beat the viewgwgwVIPDined on 11/8/2014Breakfast is my favorite time to eat here and sitting outside at the tables in the sand should not be missed. The food portions are large so keep that in mind when ordering. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach Cafe - Always a winnermarysgourmetkitchenDined on 11/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant to enjoy a lovely breakfast/brunch. The ambiance is exceptional, food always satisfying, service attentive and a walk on the beach after dining is a must. The atmosphere is wonderful, old pictures on the walls, fireplace burning, barrels of peanuts, clean and well taken care of. A great place to be pampered.Special Features:
- Relaxing, scenic, beautiful placeEvafoxcVIPDined on 10/26/2014Charming, relaxing, beautiful breakfast or lunch spot, very close to the ocean. Absolutely lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miserable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014It's not about the food - I barely remember the food. It's about allowing a group of children to scream non-stop while parents don't care about other diners. Instead of the romantic dinner I'd hoped for, we left craving some peace. I wanted an ocean view. I didn't want to leave it. In hindsight, I'll pick up & leave as the other dinners in the adjacent booth did. What a shame. I'll try again in the future, but insist not to be around kids. I love kids, but I don't care for parents who refuse to hire a babysitter when it's quite apparent their kids prefer to scream rather than have inside voices. I raised 3 kids, so I don't expect perfection, but their behavior was atrocious. The management needed to step in & do something. Okay, rant over.Special Features:
- What a great eventRayOVIPDined on 10/22/2014Th food was fresh and sitting on the beach sipping a martini with fresh seafood was just a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feet in the warm sandfoodistaDined on 10/21/2014lovely place, cozy and full of character, great b/w photographs showing the area from the 1930s on. We sat outside, very comfortable, lovely beach views. Very good, quick service. The food is quite rich and the portions are enourmous. We shared the guacamole starter (very good) amongst the three of us and then could barely manage the entrees. BEAUTIFUL LOCATION and GREAT BEACHSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014you can't beat beach and fine food - been coming here for years - only sad that it's been discovered!Special Features:
- LovePCBCDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated my birthday there last week, and it truly made my day extra-special. We live in Calabasas and loved the trip to the October beach and the great food we at at the Beach Cafe. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Hidden treasureMrsSqueaksDined on 10/13/2014Kind of pricey but I'm glad we went. Got seated right on time and it was a pleasure to be able to walk on the beach while waiting for my guest. Food on the expensive side but plentiful and tasty. Great place to take out of towners for a beach dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsGingerdeaDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant has great views if you sit outside of the ocean. The food is OK. It is pretty expensive but you do get larger portions, which is good. Drink I had was very strange with this strange flavored balls in them. Waitress could see I didn't like but didn't offer to take back. I ended up giving it to my husband. Overall if you want a great food and OK food and don't mind paying for the view then it's a great place to eat.Special Features:
- All about the view!FoodbillyDined on 10/8/2014Amazing view, great servive and food is safe. We had dinner, probably better for lunch or breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationCherVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have been there several time, great location food is very average and high priced. Amazing birthday cake, which made up for the food!Special Features:
- LOVEMYFOODDined on 10/6/2014It was my birthday and so we thought we would splurge for lunch....I had maine lobster...it was wonderful! Our server was very attentive and calm...a busy day for a Monday! We bring our international visitors here. We have yet to sample the night life here!!Special Features:
- Pleasently surprised.Rockfordfan14Dined on 10/5/2014As a longtime fan of the Rockford Files series, I had always wanted to visit Paradise Cove where Jim had his trailer parked on the show. We recently had that opportunity and given that parking was $40, having dinner made sense as with validation, that was reduced to $6. I honestly didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. The service was outstanding. The clam chowder the best ever and we both had the shrimp scampi that was delicious. The total tab was around $100 with two cocktails but worth every penny. A great place, awesome meal and finally got to see a place that was on my list for years. Highly recommend checking it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatDebbieDined on 10/5/2014Food, service was just ok, nothing special for the pricey food The place needs updating and it had a strange odor in the restruant. For the price of the food I'd go to another place in Malibu for the food and ambience.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceluckyladyDined on 10/5/2014You can't beat the view. Our waiter, Luis, was amazing. We had a party in a wheelchair and he made arrangements for her to borrow a wheelchair with wheels that were good on sand and we were able to take her down to the beach. It was the first time she had been close to the water for 30 years. The food is okay, plenty of it. But it was a very enjoyable afternoon. Great for a Sunday afternoon brunch.Special Features:
- Really fun and unique spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Took my family here for breakfast on a Sunday, and we had the best time. The food was wonderful (I had the chilaquiles) and the bloody Mary's were fantastic! After eating, we played on the beach for 3 hours. Very clean beach! You can bring your own snacks and Lcoholic beverages. (No hard liquor)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMWEHOJMWEHODined on 10/4/2014Always love making the drive on Sunset Blvd. / PCH from WEHO to Paradise Cove and taking our out of town guests there. We enjoy it no matter what time of year it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise Cove805DedeDined on 10/3/2014Pricy, but you get what you pay for. The portions are very generous, and we each brought home a left-overs box. We were given a table at the window where we were able to enjoy the ocean without being out on the sand. Our server rarely left us, always checking up on us, making sure our tea was refilled and our water glasses full. We brought family from out of state, and I knew we choose well when my sister-in-law walked in and said, "This is wonderful."Special Features:
- PERFETTOgaetanor6Dined on 10/3/2014Il posto e' perfetto considerando che siamo sulla costa californiana. In italia siamo abituati a posti del genere ma li e' una rarità che va vissuta. Andateci e' molto bello ed anche se caro ne vale la pena. Le portate sono molto abbondanti...da dividere almeno in due.Special Features:
- If you want to be on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Location is nice. The food acceptable. I would qualify it as a beach restaurant, even if you eat inside seating in a booth. Wood tables are not clean, seats either, service very very casual.Special Features:
- Below average food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Service wasn't horrible, but nothing to speak of. Food underwhelming, not worth the price. Worth going once, won't need to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have you been all my life?MouthwateringDined on 9/27/2014I have lived only 1 hour and 50 minutes away from Paradise Cove, and in the 20 years that I have lived near this hidden gem, we went there for the first time over this past weekend! What is wrong with me? We are seafood snobs. From Bodega Bay to San Francisco to Pismo we have had it all. Never in the 25 years we have been together, have we ever had seafood this good! They have the freshest, most amazing seafood we have ever eaten! The clam chowder is the best we have ever had. Hands down 10 times better than "Splash" in Pismo. This clam chowder literally melts in your mouth. It is almost a silky consistency. My husband had the prawns. Largest prawns we have ever seen! Don't miss out! You must eat here at least once in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make your day perfect & delicious!JennieUSADined on 9/27/2014I really enjoy driving to Malibu where it relaxes your soul and gives you a peace of mind. Like its name, Paradise Cove Beach Cafe, I felt like I was in the paradise. The food was plenty enough for sharing with friends. It was so fresh and delicious. My favorite was a lobster taco and it was perfect match with Blue Moon drafted beer. Our table was at the patio and I enjoyed rubbing a sand with my bare feet while eating. It was a perfect day to enjoy seafoods with best friends. I cannot wait until going back to this place again. The service was also incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014lovely place to relax good is alright great drinksSpecial Features:
- amazing view and even better foodMikeBDined on 9/25/2014This place is amazing. Saying that they have huge portions is an understatement. You can order and eat right on the beach or sit on the patio or inside. The food is excellent and the seafood is fresh. loved every moment of it. don't even get me started on the massive mile high chocolate cake that 10 people could share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Paradise CoveLoveParadiseCoveDined on 9/25/2014Been going here for years .... not another place like it around. If you want to have a true relaxed, beach-front dining experience, this is the place to be!!Special Features:
- Great Experiencegarnet12Dined on 9/25/2014We loved our experience at Paradise Cove. Our outdoor table was perfect and the service was great. Great food too!Special Features:
- Amazing BreakfastKariVIPDined on 9/23/2014I went with 2 friends to celebrate her 50th bday, we also had a 4 yr. old with us and it couldn't have been a ether morning. Her daughter played in the sand while we enjoyed Chilequiles, Huevos Rancheros, and an omelet with all sorts of stuff inside. All the while I was drooling over the cinnamon french toast next to us. Food was delicious, service great. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise Cove Beach CafeCaliforniaGirlDined on 9/21/2014I have celebrated birthdays with friends here with lunch and dinner. Reservations are a breeze to make (and edit if necessary) online. The service was perfect: Amiable, attentive, and despite how busy this restaurant is, we did not feel rushed. The food was very good, large portions and served up fresh and hot (teriyaki ginger salmon and coconut shrimp were amazing). The mojitos were sooo tasty! You can enjoy this restaurant in casual clothing, atmosphere is very relaxed. All that and a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean on a sunny, picture-perfect Southern California day...could not have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We are from Cleveland, OH and first visited you 3 years ago! Loved it so much that when my daughter said she wanted a trip to CA for her 16th birthday she and I both knew you would be on our list of places to see again!Special Features:
- Nice birthday breakfastKarlDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed dining at Paradise Cafe in Malibu for my wife's birthday with my daughter from Pepperdine University. Was amazed at the cost to park at the establishment though - $40 if you are there longer than four hours. Wow, that's steep!Special Features:
- JazzyVIPDined on 9/14/2014food took a long time to come out! My salad came with my entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - but...ktsmammaDined on 9/14/2014Dinner was very good - but for the price a salad and or vegetable to go with our fish and rice would be nice. The presentation of only 2 things on the plate was lacking ....especially for $25+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DollyDined on 9/13/2014The noise level was very high until people started leave about 3/4 of our meal! Do not plan to return any time soon.Special Features:
- Last time for us.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Over-crowded. Over-expensive ($40 parking even one minute over 4 hrs & be prepared to be in the exit line for a while. Sandwiches $20. We had hoped to walk along the beach and to be relaxed before and dinner, but we were always watching the clock. The bartender told us to leave at least 15mins early). Screaming kids & parents who seemed not to care. Food was good. Calamari appetizer was enormously oily. Cadillac Margarita was strong & tasty. Ahi was really good. Servers and everyone working there were all helpful but it seemed highly stressed and very busy. Because I have been here several times over the last 4 decades, I remember the delight that it used to be. It is no longer that, sadly, and this was the last time for us.Special Features:
- Horrible PaellaTraveldiva1Dined on 9/13/2014This was the worse meal I have ever tried to eat. There were 2 slices of sausage the state 8oz is served the chicken was not breast as advertised the shrimp were not cooked there were no meat in the clam and mussel shells only 5 pieces in the rice the server came to the table once 1 minute after the meal was served to ask if everything was ok we had not tasted the foodSpecial Features:
- Beach!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to have lunch, it is worth every penny!! Being able to drink in the beach is awesome! The day beds are comfortable... Etc!!! Great place... Don't do walk ins, drive in with your car!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.