Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
28128 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paradisecovemalibu.com/beachcafe/index09.html
- Phone: 3104572503
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact Callie for special events at email@example.com. Callie 617-997-1761
A word from Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is a delightful treat for visitors and residents of Malibu. Located at the beautiful Paradise Cove Pier, they offer breathtaking views, incredible service, delicious food and a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (182)great for outdoor dining (172)great for lunch (113)kid-friendly (103)great for brunch (97)special occasion (81)good for groups (66)hot spot (55)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Where have you been all my life?MouthwateringDined on 9/27/2014I have lived only 1 hour and 50 minutes away from Paradise Cove, and in the 20 years that I have lived near this hidden gem, we went there for the first time over this past weekend! What is wrong with me? We are seafood snobs. From Bodega Bay to San Francisco to Pismo we have had it all. Never in the 25 years we have been together, have we ever had seafood this good! They have the freshest, most amazing seafood we have ever eaten! The clam chowder is the best we have ever had. Hands down 10 times better than "Splash" in Pismo. This clam chowder literally melts in your mouth. It is almost a silky consistency. My husband had the prawns. Largest prawns we have ever seen! Don't miss out! You must eat here at least once in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make your day perfect & delicious!JennieUSADined on 9/27/2014I really enjoy driving to Malibu where it relaxes your soul and gives you a peace of mind. Like its name, Paradise Cove Beach Cafe, I felt like I was in the paradise. The food was plenty enough for sharing with friends. It was so fresh and delicious. My favorite was a lobster taco and it was perfect match with Blue Moon drafted beer. Our table was at the patio and I enjoyed rubbing a sand with my bare feet while eating. It was a perfect day to enjoy seafoods with best friends. I cannot wait until going back to this place again. The service was also incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014lovely place to relax good is alright great drinksSpecial Features:
- amazing view and even better foodMikeBDined on 9/25/2014This place is amazing. Saying that they have huge portions is an understatement. You can order and eat right on the beach or sit on the patio or inside. The food is excellent and the seafood is fresh. loved every moment of it. don't even get me started on the massive mile high chocolate cake that 10 people could share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Paradise CoveLoveParadiseCoveDined on 9/25/2014Been going here for years .... not another place like it around. If you want to have a true relaxed, beach-front dining experience, this is the place to be!!Special Features:
- Great Experiencegarnet12Dined on 9/25/2014We loved our experience at Paradise Cove. Our outdoor table was perfect and the service was great. Great food too!Special Features:
- Amazing BreakfastKariVIPDined on 9/23/2014I went with 2 friends to celebrate her 50th bday, we also had a 4 yr. old with us and it couldn't have been a ether morning. Her daughter played in the sand while we enjoyed Chilequiles, Huevos Rancheros, and an omelet with all sorts of stuff inside. All the while I was drooling over the cinnamon french toast next to us. Food was delicious, service great. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise Cove Beach CafeCaliforniaGirlDined on 9/21/2014I have celebrated birthdays with friends here with lunch and dinner. Reservations are a breeze to make (and edit if necessary) online. The service was perfect: Amiable, attentive, and despite how busy this restaurant is, we did not feel rushed. The food was very good, large portions and served up fresh and hot (teriyaki ginger salmon and coconut shrimp were amazing). The mojitos were sooo tasty! You can enjoy this restaurant in casual clothing, atmosphere is very relaxed. All that and a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean on a sunny, picture-perfect Southern California day...could not have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We are from Cleveland, OH and first visited you 3 years ago! Loved it so much that when my daughter said she wanted a trip to CA for her 16th birthday she and I both knew you would be on our list of places to see again!Special Features:
- Nice birthday breakfastKarlDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed dining at Paradise Cafe in Malibu for my wife's birthday with my daughter from Pepperdine University. Was amazed at the cost to park at the establishment though - $40 if you are there longer than four hours. Wow, that's steep!Special Features:
- JazzyDined on 9/14/2014food took a long time to come out! My salad came with my entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - but...ktsmammaDined on 9/14/2014Dinner was very good - but for the price a salad and or vegetable to go with our fish and rice would be nice. The presentation of only 2 things on the plate was lacking ....especially for $25+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DollyDined on 9/13/2014The noise level was very high until people started leave about 3/4 of our meal! Do not plan to return any time soon.Special Features:
- Last time for us.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Over-crowded. Over-expensive ($40 parking even one minute over 4 hrs & be prepared to be in the exit line for a while. Sandwiches $20. We had hoped to walk along the beach and to be relaxed before and dinner, but we were always watching the clock. The bartender told us to leave at least 15mins early). Screaming kids & parents who seemed not to care. Food was good. Calamari appetizer was enormously oily. Cadillac Margarita was strong & tasty. Ahi was really good. Servers and everyone working there were all helpful but it seemed highly stressed and very busy. Because I have been here several times over the last 4 decades, I remember the delight that it used to be. It is no longer that, sadly, and this was the last time for us.Special Features:
- Horrible PaellaTraveldiva1Dined on 9/13/2014This was the worse meal I have ever tried to eat. There were 2 slices of sausage the state 8oz is served the chicken was not breast as advertised the shrimp were not cooked there were no meat in the clam and mussel shells only 5 pieces in the rice the server came to the table once 1 minute after the meal was served to ask if everything was ok we had not tasted the foodSpecial Features:
- Beach!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to have lunch, it is worth every penny!! Being able to drink in the beach is awesome! The day beds are comfortable... Etc!!! Great place... Don't do walk ins, drive in with your car!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerHockeyfan9Dined on 9/11/2014This was the first time at this place and I thought it was quite charming. Since it was a thursday night it was very quiet and peaceful. I can only imagine how busy a place like this can get on any weekend and holidays. The food was very good and lots of it. The wait staff was very good, although I did order the Clam Chowder, which I never received, but then again, I was glad that I didn't cause there was a lot of food for the Entree. Great place I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where's the fish?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Brought out of town guests - great outside setting - service so so (wrong orders brought to our table, then 3 orders served and the 4th came almost 15 minutes later) - fish tacos amazing - seafood salad had almost no seafood in it.Special Features:
- Insanely overpriced and no ambienceBummedDined on 9/7/2014Yes yes I know you are paying for the beach view. But honestly, I wish I could go back in time and eat at the islands restaurant up the road and then park and walk to the beach. It was $300 for the 5 of us, we're talking $20 flavorless calamari and fries, $30 overcooked borderline burnt coconut shrimp that shouldn't have even been served to us, $18 from the freezer bland hamburgers, I had a totally gross tuna melt that I could smell coming to me. Folks I read the reviews before I came here and there were a lot just like this one and I ignored it and went anyway. I regret it. Really, save your money and way at dukes or moonshadows.Special Features:
- luvthewestcoastDined on 9/7/2014Eating at the Paradise Cove was very relaxing and the best suggestion by boyfriend has made to go out for brunch. It was peaceful and very nice to spend the time there with my boyfriend. The beach is private so it's not too crowded and overall we had a fantastic time.Special Features:
- ComfortableReiffDined on 9/6/2014Great Beach environment with very good food and drink---Will be back for calamari and paellaSpecial Features:
- SlippingketchillDined on 9/6/2014Great margarita; great salmon; underdone baked potato; avoid the sugar snap peas - delicious but impossible to eat, VERY stringy. We asked for an outside table at the ocean edge for this special occasion - we didn't get it but the two parties (same size) after us did. This was a disappointing visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant Beat the View!Rawb753Dined on 9/6/2014Paradise Cove is a great little cafe right on the beach, and i mean you're literally IN the sand. Dont wear nice shoes or heels, wear what you would wear to the beach. You sit about 40 or 50 yards from the water, in the sand, and get to enjoy everything that comes with sitting that close; the cool breeze, the sound of the ocean and the view of the surf. It's awesome. This place is SURE to impress anyone you bring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wronggwgwVIPDined on 9/6/2014A great location, wonderful food (and large portions!), great service and can't beat the view especially if you decide to eat outside with the sand under your feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The portions are huge. Our waiter was very kind and we were celebrating two birthdays. He brought out a slice of cake that was larger than most regular cakes. The setting is beautiful and fun. Make sure to wear shoes you don't mind walking in sand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic & GastroKarkstaDined on 9/1/2014There's a ton of rubber-necking when you visit Bestia and celebs can be spotted here and there amongst the oh-so-cool LA foodsters, but the food, service and ambience, at least on my two visits, were OH-SO-GOOD. I'd heard stories about attitude, but there was none to be had. The service people were gracious, bubbly, and accommodating, food service was excellent. We ordered an assortment of items from the menu and they were all great. The pizza was extra greasy, but that was from Bestia's sausage that was scintillating with flavor. It's substantial food and not the best place for veggies. My favorite both times was the Calamari and Octopus salad, but the pastas were excellent, as well. All in all, a terrific dining experience!Special Features:
- Nice locationPyroDined on 8/31/2014Great view and outside dining. The food is overpriced and it is not that good, I was expecting better. The only good thing about the food is the portion, it can be shared to 2 or 3 people for a single appetizer or entree. Overall, nice restaurant by the beach.Special Features:
- location on the waterlovethebeachDined on 8/31/2014great location to eat outdoors and be close to the beach and the ocean.make sure you make a reservation on weekends and holidays,it is packed. i found it very pricey ,expensive for a sandwich $20 plus tip ,plus parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of fun/great beachLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was friendly and attentive. Parking was easy earlier in the day. I can see it getting tough for later reservations. The food was what you would expect - good, but not amazing. The best thing is the view and climate. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014I love this place at the beach food is great all around love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a local winnerMeryllVIPDined on 8/23/2014Paradise Cove Beach Café has HUGE portions, good service, and AMAZING views. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- FunFun4uDined on 8/22/2014A great breakfast place basically on the ocean. Just make sure you get your parking validated for six dollars or remember if you stay over four hours $40. Food is okay but we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulyJulyDined on 8/20/2014Really enjoyed our experience again. Love to take out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant. Food was outstanding and atmosphere was great. The restaurant is very busy but got right in but of Open Table Reservation. Parking is very difficult and the restaurant was very crowded even for a Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014Did not have the pleasure of dining due to lack of parking.
- It's happening!whatsthebuzzDined on 8/17/2014Bustling, busy, exciting…..day at beach fun. Really good seafood/fish dishes. Very ample servings. Very, very nice and good service people.Special Features:
- sherDined on 8/16/2014never going back!!!!!!!!!!!! horrible food, felt like I was in a freezer locker, and a yacht exploded on the water in the midst of itSpecial Features:
- Good spotDanielDined on 8/16/2014It's at the beach so parking is natorioisly difficult. The good is good, but does not match the price tag is commands simply because of the view. On our particular visit our waiter happened to be quite and we felt ignored. Management quickly changed that after we said something, however they failed when nothing was further done to make up for the hour we waited for our food and an offer for a refill. I'm my opinion a manager should always do something to correct the experience.... This the lower star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived at the restaurant the parking lot was full. While talking with the parking attendant, a couple of spots were vacated. Otherwise, we would have not been able to dine there as there is not any other available parking. Beachgoers who pay $40 a car also park in the restaurant lot! The restaurant was absolutely packed, so packed you could barely walk around. We had reservations so we were seated at a window table within 15 minutes. The grilled cheese sandwich for $14.95 plus tax and tip is made with three slices of bread and one slice of American cheese! I showed it to the waiter who immediately looked at it with dismay and replaced it with another sandwich with more cheese.Special Features:
- Beautiful place for breakfast!Whatabun17Dined on 8/16/2014Great food, awesome bloody Mary's and nice good weather for breakfast at the beach. Service was just eh but other than that great place. My friend and I shared a breakfast burrito and it was yummy. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.