Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
28128 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paradisecovemalibu.com/beachcafe/index09.html
- Phone: 3104572503
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact Callie for special events at email@example.com. Callie 617-997-1761
A word from Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is a delightful treat for visitors and residents of Malibu. Located at the beautiful Paradise Cove Pier, they offer breathtaking views, incredible service, delicious food and a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (204)great for outdoor dining (191)great for lunch (136)kid-friendly (117)great for brunch (111)special occasion (96)good for groups (73)romantic (69)hot spot (55)neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (40)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (15)notable wine list (3)Show More
- location on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014great location to eat outdoors and be close to the beach and the ocean.make sure you make a reservation on weekends and holidays,it is packed. i found it very pricey ,expensive for a sandwich $20 plus tip ,plus parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of fun/great beachLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was friendly and attentive. Parking was easy earlier in the day. I can see it getting tough for later reservations. The food was what you would expect - good, but not amazing. The best thing is the view and climate. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014I love this place at the beach food is great all around love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a local winnerMeryllVIPDined on 8/23/2014Paradise Cove Beach Café has HUGE portions, good service, and AMAZING views. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- FunFun4uDined on 8/22/2014A great breakfast place basically on the ocean. Just make sure you get your parking validated for six dollars or remember if you stay over four hours $40. Food is okay but we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulyJulyDined on 8/20/2014Really enjoyed our experience again. Love to take out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant. Food was outstanding and atmosphere was great. The restaurant is very busy but got right in but of Open Table Reservation. Parking is very difficult and the restaurant was very crowded even for a Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014Did not have the pleasure of dining due to lack of parking.
- It's happening!whatsthebuzzDined on 8/17/2014Bustling, busy, exciting…..day at beach fun. Really good seafood/fish dishes. Very ample servings. Very, very nice and good service people.Special Features:
- sherDined on 8/16/2014never going back!!!!!!!!!!!! horrible food, felt like I was in a freezer locker, and a yacht exploded on the water in the midst of itSpecial Features:
- Good spotDanielDined on 8/16/2014It's at the beach so parking is natorioisly difficult. The good is good, but does not match the price tag is commands simply because of the view. On our particular visit our waiter happened to be quite and we felt ignored. Management quickly changed that after we said something, however they failed when nothing was further done to make up for the hour we waited for our food and an offer for a refill. I'm my opinion a manager should always do something to correct the experience.... This the lower star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived at the restaurant the parking lot was full. While talking with the parking attendant, a couple of spots were vacated. Otherwise, we would have not been able to dine there as there is not any other available parking. Beachgoers who pay $40 a car also park in the restaurant lot! The restaurant was absolutely packed, so packed you could barely walk around. We had reservations so we were seated at a window table within 15 minutes. The grilled cheese sandwich for $14.95 plus tax and tip is made with three slices of bread and one slice of American cheese! I showed it to the waiter who immediately looked at it with dismay and replaced it with another sandwich with more cheese.Special Features:
- Beautiful place for breakfast!Whatabun17Dined on 8/16/2014Great food, awesome bloody Mary's and nice good weather for breakfast at the beach. Service was just eh but other than that great place. My friend and I shared a breakfast burrito and it was yummy. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinnieDined on 8/14/2014We wanted breakfast, but got there at 11 a. when they quite serving breakfast.Special Features:
- Paradise Found!dwprodsDined on 8/11/2014Other than the popularity of Paradise Cafe - translated: huge crowds in a small place - this is a coastline gem and we love having lunch or breakfast whenever we can. I think it's best when the weather keeps the crowds away and we're forced inside to enjoy the veritable museum of old photographs of Malibu and the coastline. But, alas, this was a beautiful sunny day with huge numbers of tourists and families. Go with the flow! Everyone works together and the atmosphere is conducive to having a great time. The food is good - not great, and the service people are among the friendliest that you'll find. If you haven't been - go. If you've been before, you know you'll go again!Special Features:
- Beauty & the BeastTroubleDined on 8/10/2014Loved the atmosphere. The view was great. The food was overpriced I felt, and what I had wasn't so great? I'll have to try something else next time. The drinks were fun, but those balls of liquid flavor in the specialty drinks were nasty. Didn't like that at all. The thing that really left a bad taste in my mouth, was the valet. I didn't want to valet. It was complimentary, and we had to. So, when we left I paid the kid my $6 parking fee. He took my money and didn't say a word. I had to pay another $6 to get out of the lot. That was deceptive. He should have told me I didn't pay him. I assume they get a lot of $6 tips. Honesty is big in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowScorpiogalDined on 8/9/2014This place never fails!! It's my go-to place for out of town, or in this case, out of country guests. Everything is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the view, love the portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The calamari to start was hot, fresh and a meal all by itself. My gf got the swordfish, which was a small filet but packed with flavor (blackened) and some creamy, delicious mashed potatoes. I had the kobe ribs.. Huge, flavorful beef ribs with the best creamed spinach I've ever had. We were too stuffed for what looked like assume dessert, but we did manage a mango rum Boba cocktail and a banana daiquiri both of which were tropical and delicious. Laid back vibe and great food. We sat on the sand which was awesome and walked out to sit by the beach afterward. Perfect setting for a great date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walk of shame....OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014I was disappointed by the fact that even with a reservation the parking lot was full, so we had to park up on the PCH and walk down. That wouldn't have been a big deal since we didn't have children or elderly, but then we found out there was a $20 charge, per person, to walk down!! If you spend $30 per person they'll give you $14 back, big not having been notified of this at the point of reservation, then showing up to so much chaos was ridiculous. Further, we found out later that had there been room to drive down it's only $40 pet car, and you only have to spend $30 per car as opposed to per person to get the amount reduced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICELOVE2EATGOODFOODDined on 8/7/2014We were celebrating our friends 80th birthday. The waitress was wonderful. The cake that was served for her birthday was a bit overwhelming, but I took it home. I gave my 91 year old neighbor who loves chocolate a piece and took the rest to my senior students at ONE GENERATION senior center. They all loved it. It was a great promo for PARADISE COVE. Keep up the good work. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceluv2eatDined on 8/6/2014We had a 12:00 noon reservation and showed up on time. We were taken to an inside table and seated. We waited at least 10 minutes and finally flagged down a young waiter as asked him about someone to take our order. He went over to "our waiter" and told him something and after a few minutes, he came and took our order! The food came out from the kitchen via another person and it was good. I had to flag down "our waiter" to get more coffee as he never once came back to check anything.Special Features:
- Toes in the sand diningConejoJoeDined on 8/5/2014We had a short 5 minute wait for a table outside facing the ocean on the sand. It was a Tuesday night all you can eat clam night. My wife and I both started with an order of the steamed clams on the advice of our server Kaycee. They were served in large pot steamed in a light garlic broth generously seasoned with red pepper flakes. The clams were medium sized cherry stone type and very fresh. We requested an order fried clams to share and could not finish them the helping was so large. The creamed spinach and sautéed snap peas were done perfectly. The ocean and people watching made for a nice night out. Make sure to bring the parking ticket for validation otherwise parking in Paradise Cove is $40.Special Features:
- View great. Service and food not.regularguyDined on 8/5/2014Way overpriced. Service was terrible. When informed they were out of veggie burgers we asked what else was available for vegetarians. The waiter seemed dumbfounded and put out then pointed and said in deadpan "Salad bar." He then started to walk away and I had to ask for him to bring a menu back. There was no apology, nothing. My fiancé ate a Caesar salad that was less than outstanding.. My daughter ordered the king crab legs ($79.99!!!) and got two claws and no legs!! She just got the part of the crab where the legs meet the body that is hard to get meat out of and really isn't the best part of the crab. It just really wasn't that good and the price was way too high. Capped off by a waiter who clearly wasn't interested, it was unejoyable.Special Features:
- Great LocationANHreviewDined on 8/2/2014Paradise Cove is a beautiful location to have breakfast/lunch right on the beach! The staff is very friendly and accommodated our large party. They have fun, exotic drinks as well! A fun for allSpecial Features:
- not worth the moneyMARIAMBDined on 8/1/2014I traveled allot and have seen beautiful beaches and beach cafes:) this one considering it was in Malibu was very poor. waitress made us waist 10 minutes before giving our change back so we can go to the beach as we had only 2-3 hours left on 4 hour limit $40 dolor parking as she was talking socializing with next table while holding our change. i felt this was done on purpose and she should not be serving tables. I will not go there again.Special Features:
- Good view, that's about it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Food is over priced. Service is slow and not very attentive.Special Features:
- Summer daysSocalbumDined on 7/28/2014Had great service. Food is always wonderful and drinks. Ate outside and brought a friend that was visiting California. She never ate at a place where her toes can be in the sand with a beach view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location is key food is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Enjoyed a breakfast on a Saturday morning. Being seated outside with your feet in the sand is crucial. Otherwise you really are just having breakfast at any other restaurant (although there are lots of windows and you can see out) That is what makes Paradise Cove unique and worth the slightly expensive breakfast worth it. The food ordered varied from vegetable scramble (nice but not memorable) pancakes (these were very light and fluffy I give it a thumbs up) and an omelette - can't remember which one but it was good as well. Again - food is good - but it is the location that seals the deal.Special Features:
- Too expensiveBatyaDined on 7/26/2014Good food, on the beach, but too expensive for what it is!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant, over booked!!!!CowboyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Overbooked!!! A long wait! Parking was a nightmare. Good food and you can't beat the sit in the sand and dine venue so we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedshimmyDined on 7/26/2014I came for the view, but was presently surprised by the food. I didn't expect since I just came for the view and the beach. However, the food was not bad and it wasn't too pricey for the large sized portions. The staff was friendly and accommodated my baby son. After our eating, we went for a pleasant walk on the beach. We went on a Saturday, so it was really crowded and the parking lot was full.Special Features:
- To understand why we love LA ...lchlaDined on 7/26/2014... come to Paradise Cove. Eat breakfast (or brunch, lunch, etc.) outside at a shaded table with your feet cradled in the soft sand, ocean waves breaking soothingly in front of you, with Malibu's rugged cliffs ringing the cove. After your meal, you can lounge on beach chairs/couches/beds on the beach. This is a very family-friendly restaurant with a very casual, comfortable vibe. 4 hours parking for $6 in the restaurant lot (now, that's a real "find" in LA!). Full bar - yay! (Only wine, champagne and beer available for beach loungers.) This is a must-do spot for all my out-of-town guests, and it's never failed to charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGirlsDined on 7/25/2014The quality of the food has really diminished. Cold and disappointing.
- Great view but really bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014If you want to come here to see Paradise Cove (and not pay $20 per person to park), then have snacks and drinks to get the parking validation, enjoy the view and ignore the food!
- totally changed since last year.maryDined on 7/24/2014we always had wonderful experiences in past years of 12 yrs. last week was wast of money and time to come there. food was brought to me totally different than what I had ordered. the waiter was rude and did not listen or did not understand what I said,but impatiently wanted to finish the order for me and he just do the job. and he brought the wrong dish. The quality of the food was different than the past, with lower quality and much higher price, and we have decided not to come there any more unless
- Great beach restaurantveggiemamaDined on 7/21/2014We spent the afternoon on the beach at Paradise Cove, and then got a booth at the window inside the cafe. Breezy (bring layers), great music, smiling and friendly servers, yummy food and drinks. Kids menu is great, and as a vegetarian there were options such as veggie burger, great salads, huge baked potato, and side veggies. The fish plates and desserts looked outrageous, huge, decadent!! Great place for a birthday celebration. Parking is $6 if you spend over $35 at the cafe, but you have to be out by 4 hours. After 4 hours, parking is $40 even with cafe validation. So if you make a day of it all (or even a half day), just be prepared to drop some bucks. As long as you're cool with that, you'll have a fabulous time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special VenueTopMalibuSpotDined on 7/21/2014One of the few places in Malibu that "has it all" -- ocean view, beach access, off-street parking, great menu with impressive variety; good bar, efficient, friendly service. Whenever we think of heading out to Malibu, Paradise Cove Beach Cafe comes to mind first. Portions are huge so sharing is definitely the way to go so the group can sample a number of items. On my last visit, my dining companions pronounced the shee crab soup "the best the've ever had" -- ditto on the taco platter. We were completely satisfied with everything we had and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A day at the beachTravels2dineVIPDined on 7/20/2014we were 5 ladies celebrating a friend's birthday! and we had great food, wonderful service and lots of fun! We started the huge martini glass of calamari that was just ever so lightly fried and very flavorful. More than enough for the 5 of us! With 2 shrimp and crab salads with an amazing zesty dressing, an 2 Ahi salads, and a seafood tacos we were over the topped stuffed…then came the 5 layer double chocolate birthday cake! oh my! way good! our waitress has been a server there for over 20 years and she was terrific.Special Features:
- Getting too expensiveAngelesJ123Dined on 7/20/2014Well look, the food was never great, but it's the location, right, and the ambience. They've now bumped up the prices so a very ordinary - no, make that less than ordinary - burger and fries or Cobb salad is twenty bucks plus drink and tip. Add the parking (new automated system, PLUS "free" valet in crowded season/times), and it's $40/person for a burger and iced tea. I think they've now lost me, as a local. The whole cove was pretty crowded on a July weekend so maybe they won't notice I'm gone. But they need a new kitchen before I come back, except maybe to show out of town tourists.Special Features:
- Classic MalibumsbsbaDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is a classic Malibu icon, with a casual feel, and outstanding food. Great for special occasions.Special Features: