Paradise Beach Grille
Capitola, CA 95010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paradise Beach Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paradisebeachgrille.com/
- Phone: 8314764900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sun 11:30am-3:30pm
Dinner: Sun-Thurs 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Scott Cater
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer live music Tuesday 6:00-9:00pm Thursday 6:00-9:00pm Saturday 3:00-6:00pm Sunday 3:00-6:00pm
A word from Paradise Beach Grille
Located on the water in Capitola Village, Paradise Beach Grille is the perfect place to enjoy lunch with a view or dinner after a day on the beach. We feature a contemporary menu with a Pacific Rim flare. Enjoy our famous Coconut Prawns appetizer, followed by either a Fresh From Hawaii seafood entree, or a Prime Natural cut of Beef. Choose from our extensive wine list, featuring many local Santa Cruz Mountain wineries, or choose from one of our many beers on tap. Whatever your pleasure, you are welcome with us in Paradise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paradise Beach Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (14)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Open TablegeegeecDined on 7/24/2014They did not have our Open Table reservation in the system. The hostess said that in the future we should call the restaurant directly as Open Table reservations don't always come through.Special Features:
- Best Beach BrunchTackVIPDined on 7/13/2014Paradise Beach Grille is a great place to get together on any day or evening, but is especially enjoyable for a sunny Sunday brunch. The highlight is to get a table on PBG's small outdoor terrace overlooking the beach and lagoon at Capitola. The service is always prompt, friendly and personal, and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Ok food for a summer tourist areaSueNJeffDined on 7/12/2014The food for the price not up to what I had expected. The fish was delicious and glad our server talked me into it. The coconut shrimp was limp and greasy and undercooked. Hubby has ahi appetizer and no complaints thei but skirt steak not really that great. Rice as sides not very flavorful and veggies looked not too frey cooked. Drinks were weak but in the village with all the tourists, you can't really blame them. Live music inside on Saturday night was waaaaaay too loud. Could not hear the hostess when she tried talking to me. Luckily I had reservation on my phone and just pointed and said outside PLEASE! I think they were trying to get people to come in for the music but they were driving them next door! Zelda's for drinks was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerrccbDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I have been here before and decided it would be great to visit Capitola Village for wine tasting and dinner on our 21st anniversary. We went to Paradise Beach Grille for dinner and it was fabulous. Great service, great food and live music made the event very special. The waiter even brought us a free desert to top our celebration. We couldn't have been more pleased with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun & yummy!KellyDined on 7/1/2014We really love Paradise. . . whether it be for cocktails with friends or a business dinner. . . Paradise is, by far, the best restaurant in Capitola for both food & ambience. Love it!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful view, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We were seated outside as requested. We had an early dinner reservation, which made it easier to get a table outside. The view of the harbor is wonderful. The food was varied and delicious. All four in our party were very happy with the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great hostessinggeegeecDined on 6/10/2014I told the hostess when I arrived for lunch that I had reservations (gave her my name) and that I was waiting for another person to join me. I then went to sit on the patio and ordered a drink. My friend was about 15 minutes late so when I went out front to call her, I noticed she was sitting in front of the hostess area waiting for me. Apparently she had arrived just after me but the hostess somehow could not put two and two together, even though my friend told her she was there to meet me. A little common sense goes a long way.Special Features:
- Always good!TandKFDined on 6/6/2014Absolutely the best in Capitola. Planning an early dinner prior to a concert in Santa Cruz,we had a 5:00 PM reservation and lucked into happy hour. What a deal as the prices are very good for a somewhat limited,but more than adequate, food and drink menu. Our favorite thing here is lunch on the patio.Nice food options and a good wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014First time there with extended family. Perfect ambiance. Great Kitchen. At first it was a little loud to have a conversation. Later the music was dimmed down and it was very pleasant. Overall great place!Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Paradise Beach Grille reviews archive.
- Disappointing...PFBBDined on 4/16/2014We were eager to try Paradise Beach Grille, but the service was so slow it made the evening a long, slow, over-priced disappointment. Between our waiter & a solo bartender, it took about 20minutes to get our drinks. -- $12 unchilled specialty margarita, $12 martini, neither cold. Requesting/receiving ice took another 20 minutes. Also, 3 of 3 soups were received just warm-- not hot. Our waiter was always elsewhere so even asking for a proper setup wasn't easy (no napkins/utensils on our table). The entrees were ok, but we won't be rushing back for more on our next visit to Capitola unfortunately!
- Great music & food.SamanthaDined on 4/1/2014I went to Paradise Beach Grill for the first time for my husbands birthday. It was a rainy day so they went that busy. They have an excellent wine list, and a large menu. Everything we tried was delicious. There was a musician in the bar area and he was amazing! I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Spot in CapitolaAlexisVIPDined on 3/27/2014Whenever we want to take friends to lunch or stop for a drink, Paradise Grille is our first choice. The staff is friendly, the ambiance is casual and sophisticated. We usually order the fish tacos, salmon, prawns or quesadilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, large portionsNCrisDined on 3/12/2014Love this spot for a nice date-night or with a small group of friends. It isn't a huge space so anything larger than 4 or 5 people and you start losing the other side of the table's conversation. Can feel quite pricey, but as my title says you get large portions and almost everyone (well ladies anyway) are sure to have leftovers from any of the entrees. Hubby and I usually share a salad and one entree and its perfect. I also love the cheese platter if i come in with a friend for a pre-dinner drink. Great quantity of treats for under $15!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Visit a DisappointmentKenTheHungryDined on 2/13/2014On my first visit to Paradise Beach Grill, I was blown away. The service was outstanding, the food delicious (although their definition of "blackened" differs from mine), and the entertainment was superb. Having enjoyed myself so much, I decided I would do an early Valentine Dinner (a day early). What a disappointment, the bar tender put the Margarita in the wrong type of glass (long and tall) making it impossible to get through the thick layer of ice at the top. To my surprise the "specials" had not changed in two weeks... The bread appeared to be store bought (unlike freshly baked). My steak was over cooked and miserable. And they served the wrong vegetable selection. I hold out hope my second visit experience was an aberration.Special Features:
- Who needs Hawaii ! 72 degreesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/16/2014Who needs Hawaii ! 72 degrees at dinner time in the middle of January. Great outdoor meal. Pre-fix meal $25. Delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sunset paradise on the beach!GabbottVIPDined on 1/13/2014We were in Santa Cruz and used Open Table and to our surprise we came upon this gem. We sat on an open deck looking out at the bay. The special for the night was baby back ribs. WOW! The were very tasty and meaty. More than I could eat. Great the next night. My wife's mussels were excellent and more than enough for one. We will come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed a fabulous mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/2/2013We enjoyed a fabulous meal here for our anniversary in December. We chose to be seated inside as the weather was chilly, but would enjoy sitting out on the patio overlooking the bay at another time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoritechumley1VIPDined on 11/11/2013Best restaurant in the village, if not all of Capitola. Very worth a trip from San Jose! Server was most accommodating as we changed tables 3 times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBrianDined on 10/22/2013Great experience at Paradise from soup to nuts! The people are friendly, the location is awesome, and our meals were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable meal, our mainsfobayguyDined on 9/30/2013Very enjoyable meal, our main server/waitress was delightful, large yet manageable portions, nicely prepared and presented, fresh veggies were cooked al dente. Salmon special and Ribs were excellent, 1/2 chicken was very good, but scallops while tasty were quite sandy and were not cleaned well enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice evening on the pierdaveDined on 9/24/2013We had the shrimp linguine, sea food pasta, both hearty portions and very tasty. The atmosphere was comfy in late Sept. they had a fireplace lit along with lanterns on the railings. Live guitar music. The staff and patrons were very relaxed . I would definitely return.Special Features:
- capitola visitvwbugDined on 8/1/2013my wife and teen age daughter ate out on the deck. The food and the view were excellent. I liked the casual atmosphere as we were dressed in shorts and sweatshirts. I had the truffle butter filet and would definately come back for that alone! We would recommend Paradise Beach Grill and hope to return in the future if we're ever in Capitola again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plan on eating there again next weeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013The service was good. The wine list offered the best of California and local wines. The scenery was peaceful and lovely. Our table was bit too close to the people next to us, on the patio, but overall, the experience was very relaxing. My ceasar salad was very skimpy on the dressing and prawns, so I asked for extra dressing, which came quickly and was very good. But, my friend's seared ahi tuna salad, was amazing! We plan on meeting there again next week, and I will have the ahi tuna salad, also!Special Features:
- Great FindAchaser2Dined on 7/8/2013We found Paradise Beach Grille after a few twists & turns, but it was worth the effort. We sat on the patio and the water view was beautiful. Food was excellent, we had a Potato wrapped Halibut and the Rib Special. Both were well prepared and flavorful. Portions were very generous. Price was moderate. Service was a little spotty, but it was a very enjoyable evening and if we are in the area again we would certainly go back. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun in the sun in CapitoladownthecoastVIPDined on 5/13/2013We love this spot for sitting outside and watching the beach! Great steak salad...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capitola Village FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013We eat at Paradise Grill a lot; the food is always good, the service excellent and we never get tired of the view on their balcony. It's a favorite for date nights and favorite for lunches as a family. The kids love getting a new frisbee with their lunch. You can't go wrong with Paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful beach/dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013Clearly vested in courteous service, along with a wide variety of tempting, affordable meals. They can't guarantee outdoor seating with reservations, but our requested water-front table was held for our lunch (Recommend arriving by Noon). Patio umbrellas for summer sun. Always lots of happy, chatty customers on the patio. The delicious Atlantic salmon (not dry)is served with unique caramelized pineapple salsa, not-too-garlic mashed potatoes (may be substituted) great veggies. Margarita mix too sour for us; waiter kindly replaced it with alcohol ingredients, no mix...perfect! Inside restaurant and bar clean, refreshingly cool on a hot day. I come here for patio lunches, enjoying view of river, beach and ocean.
- Great place! Wonderful food.DougDined on 1/3/2013Great place! Wonderful food. Very enjoyable live background music...Special Features:
- Paradise Found!RealpaulaDined on 10/11/2012The sugar and spice salmon is sooooooo great!. Thefull ahi tuna salad is an entire meal in it's self. The tuna is plentiful and cooked absolutely perfectly. The soup de jour was chicken tortilla which was fresh and vibrant. It is one of the very few places which has two beef filet options: Bacon wrapped with bleu cheese, or cooked with gorgonzola sauce. I like my steaks cooked "rare-plus" (little bit more than rare) and they did it perfectly. The bar scene is a perfect mix of locals and visitors. Grey Goose martin! There are many local wines and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful about them. My visit to Santa Cruz always includes a trip to Paradise for either lunch or dinner. You simply cannot go wrong! Just go!Special Features:
- nice restaurant facing theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2012nice restaurant facing the bay, so you have great views. during our visit they had a pianist, so it was nice and romantic. great drinks and appetizers, we would visit againSpecial Features:
- Nice choice of different ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2012Nice choice of different of dishes, if nothing out of the basics, service ok and great wine listsSpecial Features:
- Best all around make you happybrtstarkDined on 8/22/2012The service is fir for a foodie and also for a kid. There The food is very memorable fresh and always generous portions. Right after the beach it's a great place to go on a date with and for a first date all dressed up.Special Features:
- One of our favorites. ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012One of our favorites. Parking is difficult in summer months on nice beach days. Prefer the spring and fallSpecial Features:
- We booked through Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2012We booked through Open Table and had to wait for about 15 mins to be seated because our table wasn't ready. The service was painfully slow. The food was ok, but the mashed potatoes tasted like it had waited too long under the heating lights or maybe reheated. It was a bit disappointing as it was recommended to me as one of the best restaurants in Capitola.Special Features:
- Excellent food...wait staffchrisDined on 4/3/2012Excellent food...wait staff is inexperienced, but they make up with working hard. Support staff is always available. When the food came, they did not clear our previous dishes...Excellent Filet Mignon..Special Features:
- Food was quite good...pacingDouglasDined on 3/29/2012Food was quite good...pacing was OK, but salad plates stayed where they were when entrees arrived to some improvement needed there....bit noisy as we were seated very close to the bar but all in all better than we expected, particularly in the food quality department and we will return!Special Features:
- Paradise always has the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2012Paradise always has the best seafood dishes! I had their Macadamia Nut & Coconut encrusted Ahi - AMAZING! My fiancée had their Asagio Encrusted Chicken... mmmm! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAmadorDinerVIPDined on 3/19/2012Incredible appetizer choices. Everything we had was sumptious and well presented. Staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. Great wine list, reasonably priced, from local wines to cult wines at great prices. Met the staff from Burrell School Winery who dines there every Monday night and said every dish on the menu is excellent.Special Features:
- My grand father and I decidedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2012My grand father and I decided to try it on one of our dinner dates, and find that it was a little hidden gem and will most deffinatly make it again!Special Features:
- This place is a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012This place is a great place to take a date..mine was all smiles..great service..always at your needs..great scenic views of ocean..great out door dining..we loved the coconut shimp!!!Special Features: