Pappas Restaurant - Parkville
1725 Taylor Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21234Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pappas Restaurant - Parkville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pappasparkville.com/
- Phone: 4106614357
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 3:45pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 3:45pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Wilson Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Pappas host your next formal affair from anniversaries to weddings, holiday parties to retirement parties, and everything in-between. Pappas will provide on-premises accommodations for up to 180 people. Open 7 days-a-week, our friendly, hard-working staff will make your next party one the guests will never forget. We offer sit down luncheons or dinners to suit your taste and budget. Call today for more information or to book your next event!
We specialize in after-funeral gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Planning a private party? We have the perfect room to accommodate your special occasion(20-180 People). We are fully handicap accessible. Call today to have a Private Dining Menu sent to you right away!
- Private Party Contact: Justin Windle 4106614357
- Entertainment: We have a Sports Bar & Lounge complete with huge HD tvs including our 92 inch HD screen, private booths, pool tables, arcade and trivia games, on-line jukebox, Keno, Racetrax, and more!
- Special Events: Join us with your family & friends for the following holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and More. We participate in all Baltimore County Restaurant Weeks. Check it out: http://www.baltimorecountyrestaurantweek.com/ Ship crab cakes nationwide at http://www.pappascrabcakes.com
A word from Pappas Restaurant - Parkville
When you want an amazing crab cake, one you can brag to family and friends about, the best Maryland has to offer, then come in for Pappas" seven-ounce colossal lump crab cake. Find out why Pappas' signature dish has won award after award from Baltimore's Best to Baltimore Magazine's Top Crab Cake, and why it was featured on the Food Network's Chef vs City and the Travel Channel & 98 Rock's Food Wars. Family owned and operated since 1972, owner Mark Pappas prides himself on not only offering the best crab cake in Baltimore, but also the finest, freshest seafood, steaks, and pasta dishes around. Every sauce, soup and dressing is made from scratch. Pappas welcomes families and large groups. We have a great children's menu with lots of tempting options for the kiddos. Pappas Restaurant is fully handicap accessible, and only a stone's throw away from the Beltway, minutes from Towson. Make reservations or call ahead for express carry! Our on-premises Liquor Store is open 7 days-a-week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Pappas Restaurant - Parkville - Best Restaurants in Parkville ›
Pappas Restaurant - Parkville reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)good for groups (53)great for lunch (44)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (39)kid-friendly (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Return to basic valuesWanderwomanDined on 9/26/2014You just simply can't get better crab cakes than those served up by Pappas. Everyone in our dinner party ordered a seafood entree and were very pleased. The side dishes and salads however are ordinary if not bland. The service was exceptional and expedient. The atmosphere is warm, welcoming and great for family gatherings. Do not expect a leisurely, gourmet dining experience at Pappas but if you want fabulous crab cakes and old-fashioned good service, you should try Pappas at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmjcclcDined on 9/20/2014The food is great. The tables are really close together so not much privacy and the restaurant is loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pappas Restaurant - Parkvilleltee126Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I dined here for the first time on Sept. 16th for our 20th anniversary. We both ordered the single crab cake dinner and absolutely loved it. Service was prompt and courteous, and the food arrived reasonably quick. We will certainly visit this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:
- Favorite!DavidgVIPDined on 9/11/2014Pappas' is always one of our favorite Baltimore restaurants. Justin is simply the nicest and best!! We're glad to hear of their most recent opening on Cranbrook Road in Cockeysville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafooddaveDined on 9/10/2014I would highly recommend this place. Seafood was excellent (get the crab cake and crab soup). Also had calamari app which was good as well. Really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. It is a little pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at PappasGirlsNightOutcDined on 9/9/2014I was disappointed to know that the crab meat was from Indonesia and not from the United States. I do not feel the crab cakes had as much lump crab meat as it used to have though they were still okay. I also feel the cucumber salad did not taste the same. It was more vinegary than usual making it more tart. My friend decided against the crab cake because of where the crab was shipped from. She had the orange roughy and said it was very good. The salad was still very fresh. I will still return and try another dish next time.Special Features:
- Pappas Never FailsBillVIPDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I dine at Pappas at least twice a month for the last two years. Whenever I get a craving for a crabcake, this is where I go. The quality of the food and service is consitant and the price is right. This visit I had decided to break convention and instead of ordering a crabcake, ordered the crabmeat ala vodka. WOW! Big chunks of jumbo lump crab in a delicious cream sauce. The pasta was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Crabcake delightTonyCDined on 9/1/2014Being a Marylander I am a lover of crab. The Chesapeake Bay makes us all connoisseurs of Seafood and how it is prepared. I know that today most restaurant Blue Crab is World Sourced due to the increasing scarcity of this tasty crustacean therefore it is the recipe, preparation and execution that separate an excellent Crabcake from the run of the mill. PAPPAS executed their recipe to near perfection!Special Features:
- Seafood at it's BEST!kgirlDined on 8/30/2014Food was amazing! From the appetizers to the meals, everything tasted so fresh. The crab balls are offered fried or baked - we tried the fried: just enough cornmeal with a LOT of crab, no greasy taste, & not overcooked as we've had in other restaurants. Our meals were AWESOME! From the Seafood Newburgh, to the Baked Salmon, to the Crab Cake dinners - couldn't say YUM and MMMMM enough as we ate - all the seafood was So Fresh! The vegetables of that night (stringbeans & glazed carrots) were just as fresh - they must have been just picked. Dining area was an open, nicely lit room (even for a 9:30 pm dinner seating). Can't wait to enjoy another meal there or maybe check out their Take Out store across the street next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014We had a great meal and a super time celebrating my daughter's 59th birthday, except for the noisy background. I hope someone will bring me on my 90th birthday, coming up soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NegativenancyDined on 8/28/2014I'm sorry to be negative, but I thought the food was mediocre. Our group of five was unimpressed. Your prices are high. It was disappointing to learn that your hot turkey sandwich was lunchmeat, not roast turkey, but the price didn't reflect that. French fries came to the table barely warm. The server was terrific, and we don't wnat her to get into trouble for any comments. She was a very nice lady. I think we were just expecting better taste and offerings.
- Amazing crabcakes, ambience, valueGoodfood4goodpeepsDined on 8/28/2014Pappas was highly recommended and did not disappoint! The quality of the food is superb and you cannot beat the price! At last, a substantial delicious meal for a reasonable price. I highly recommend Pappas' Restaurant to families, friends, dates, or absolutely any type of event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The crab cakes were fantastic. We sat down at our table at 7:00pm we werent asked what we wanted to drink until 7:20. We ordered drinks and our food. Our food arrived at 7:35 we ate and it was great. We were done at about 7:55 our drinks were not refilled nor did I waitress ask if we needed anything eles. We didnt get our ticket until 8:10pm and didnt get to leave until 8:20 the service was very poor.Special Features:
- Very Nice!!DianeDined on 8/23/2014Took you back in time when customer service was important. OMG to the crab cakes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crabcake and Jackknife potatovickiDined on 8/23/2014Go for the crab cakes, Jackknife potato and dish of cucumbers and celery they put on all tables (when they don't run out). They can cook steak correctly which is a rare finding in restaurants so I get the Surf and Turf. It isn't inexpensive so I don't know why they can't have nice roll to go with dinner. I like a good dessert and they don't deliver. The service is superficial and they tried to collect the check 5 seconds after placing it on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like familyGABRISZESKIDined on 8/22/2014You are made us feel like family. Great experience and would come back again with my office or my husband. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colossal Crab Cake was yummy!HRHTheresaDined on 8/20/2014Went with friends for Baltimore County Restaurant Week - the Colossal Crab Cake and the Crab Dip were really yummy... we will be back for more! :)Special Features:
- crab cakespaulDined on 8/18/2014the best crab cakes in baltimore. service is always pleasent.Special Features:
- FantasticsingtuuDined on 8/18/2014Our anniversary dinner was very romantic, and the food was absolutely delicious. It is true what they say about the crab cake, it is wonderful!Special Features:
- Very pleasedMustdineDined on 8/17/2014I truly enjoyed the experience. We were seated quickly during the very busy dinner hours, on a Saturday. The meal was good and customer service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cake to die for - Service.. noTslucDined on 8/16/2014The crab cake is the best in Baltimore. Seriously. We went on a Saturday night, and it was packed. We had a reservation and still had to wait 10 minutes. Not bad. Then they brought the delicious pickles after a 5 minute wait and then 10 more before we ever got water or saw our waitress. Luckily several 'bus boys' were running around. We were able to persuade them to get us some beverages. Finally she arrived and we were ready to order. Food took a while, but it was packed. She could have been quicker. Not sure anyone told her we were seated. We'll be back for sure though. The restaurant week deal was an amazing steal. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience was positive. Our waiter was friendly, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Pappas' crab cakes are excellent and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- good for crabcakesJoanieVIPDined on 8/15/2014This crabcake is big,but I would like a little less filler.The price is reasonable for what you get and that is great.
- The crabcakes were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The staff were very friendly. We will definitely go back to Papas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakesLuv4foodDined on 8/12/2014The crab cake was the highlight of my visit. Def try one when visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great....EasyToPleaseDined on 8/10/2014Although the setting is quiet and great for conversation, and the service was very good.... The food was soooo bland. I had pasta with the Fra Diablo sauce which is supposed to be spicy, it was barely seasoned. My husband had the seafood platter and although it was huge, he needed to add seasoning to everything from the fish to the crabcake. I will say the crabcake was huge but had no taste. We went during Restaurant Week but it was not crowded at all (Sunday early evening). I don't think we will be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Pappas was an amazing restaurant. We were able to go during Baltimore's restaurant week, which meant we got to sample some things that were off menu! The crab cakes definitely deserve to be called some of the best in Baltimore!Special Features:
- Pappas Gets The Prize!!Suzyq1Dined on 8/9/2014Crab ales and steaks were delicious!! Everyone enjoyed their meals with not one complaint! It's a miracle. Thanks for good food and good service. Very refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Great neighborhood restaurant--good food--good service--best crab cakesSpecial Features:
- Great Crab CakesDiningdivaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Loved the food as usual. Unfortunately, as our waitress was cleaning off the table, she dropped cocktail sauce on me. She was very apologetic and thankfully, she brought me a towel with club soda that eliminated the stain.Special Features:
- 28th Anniversary. .luv2dineDined on 8/1/2014Thank you Pappa's for such a wonderful dinner in a great atmosphere. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and have added your restaurant to our wonderful memories. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014We were in one of the upstairs dining rooms where it was less crowded and noisy than below, but the location had a great ambience, the food was teriffic, the service was prompt and efficient. It was classic Pappas. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:
- Best crabcakes in Baltimore!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 8/1/2014Whenever we're in the mood for crabcakes, we head straight for Pappas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakes in BaltimoreJasInHollisVIPDined on 7/28/2014Not only the best crab cakes in Baltimore, but a complete menu of outstanding food. This time I treated myself to the crab Imperial. An amazing meal filled with mostly lump crab meat, seasoned to perfection, topped with a creamy sauce and baked to a light brown glaze. It had to weigh nearly a pound. The end of the meal was complemented by a serving of one of the best rice puddings I've had and tasty coffee.Special Features:
- Best. Crabcakes. Ever.ravensfanDined on 7/28/2014Don't believe any other restaurant who says they have the best crabcakes in Baltimore. The service here is very attentive. If you want a more casual atmosphere (rather than tablecloths), go to the Sports Bar. Most of the menu is served there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pappasJackVIPDined on 7/27/2014Another enjoyable meal at Pappas. Nothing fancy and a little tight on seating when busy, but good food at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicewillybeeDined on 7/27/2014The food was outstanding from the broiled seafood platter to the fried oysters. We have never had a bad experience at Pappas. Their drinks are excellent and reasonably priced. Waiter was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab CakesBestCrabCakesDined on 7/24/2014When I come to Baltimore Pappas's is the 1st place I go for a crab cake. They never disappoint, and the friendly staff makes the meal even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a busy day.EpicureanDined on 7/24/2014This popular spot was busy, but did more than an adequate job. The crab cakes are the best in a city known for crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.