Pappas Restaurant - Parkville
1725 Taylor Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21234Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pappas Restaurant - Parkville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pappasparkville.com/
- Phone: (410) 661-4357
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 3:45pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 3:45pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Wilson Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Pappas host your next formal affair from anniversaries to weddings, holiday parties to retirement parties, and everything in-between. Pappas will provide on-premises accommodations for up to 180 people. Open 7 days-a-week, our friendly, hard-working staff will make your next party one the guests will never forget. We offer sit down luncheons or dinners to suit your taste and budget. Call today for more information or to book your next event!
We specialize in after-funeral gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Planning a private party? We have the perfect room to accommodate your special occasion(20-180 People). We are fully handicap accessible. Call today to have a Private Dining Menu sent to you right away!
- Private Party Contact: Justin Windle 4106614357
- Entertainment: We have a Sports Bar & Lounge complete with huge HD tvs including our 92 inch HD screen, private booths, pool tables, arcade and trivia games, on-line jukebox, Keno, Racetrax, and more!
- Special Events: Join us with your family & friends for the following holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and More. We participate in all Baltimore County Restaurant Weeks. Check it out: http://www.baltimorecountyrestaurantweek.com/ Ship crab cakes nationwide at http://www.pappascrabcakes.com
A word from Pappas Restaurant - Parkville
When you want an amazing crab cake, one you can brag to family and friends about, the best Maryland has to offer, then come in for Pappas" seven-ounce colossal lump crab cake. Find out why Pappas' signature dish has won award after award from Baltimore's Best to Baltimore Magazine's Top Crab Cake, and why it was featured on the Food Network's Chef vs City and the Travel Channel & 98 Rock's Food Wars. Family owned and operated since 1972, owner Mark Pappas prides himself on not only offering the best crab cake in Baltimore, but also the finest, freshest seafood, steaks, and pasta dishes around. Every sauce, soup and dressing is made from scratch. Pappas welcomes families and large groups. We have a great children's menu with lots of tempting options for the kiddos. Pappas Restaurant is fully handicap accessible, and only a stone's throw away from the Beltway, minutes from Towson. Make reservations or call ahead for express carry! Our on-premises Liquor Store is open 7 days-a-week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Pappas Restaurant - Parkville - Best Restaurants in Parkville ›
Pappas Restaurant - Parkville reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)good for groups (50)great for lunch (43)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (29)romantic (15)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great crab cakes!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014Always a good experience, crab cakes always good and they are always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came for the crab cakes and they were excellentcoryDined on 11/22/2014Food was great, service was okay. They crab cakes were great. Definitely one of Baltimore's top 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 11/21/2014slow service, crampped dinner room, over cooked veggie of the day but amazing crabcakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I promised an out of town guest that I take him to have crab cakes when he came to Baltimore. We had an awesome time. There was 10 people in my party. The crab cakes did not disappoint us. They we great. I will be going back with my girl friends for a ladies not out. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always go to Pappas , casual setting, great fooddine2specialDined on 11/15/2014Crab cakes are the best !! Pasta dishes very good also !! Service was Great !! Very pleasant, casual atmosphere !! Friendly customer service all the time !! Very well stocked bar!! We really enjoy our dining experience at Pappas Parkville !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LennyDined on 11/15/2014Can't beat the crab cakes. Love the second floor. Always quit enough to converse with others. Also the elevator is a plus for us srs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvalotDined on 11/3/2014I love Pappas Parkville. It is usually excellent. The grilled chopped sirloin steak is outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice and QuaintAnotherSatisfiedCustomerDined on 11/2/2014This establishment is great for groups and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for ladies' lunchTheBiteDined on 10/23/2014If you want consistent food quality including the best crab cake in town you must go to Pappas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationdavidVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had a birthday lunch which was great. We had a table away from the main seating area which was nice. We had an excellent, energetic, very competent waitress. It was a wonderful birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Great cakesAnightoutDined on 10/11/2014The crab cakes were as good as advertised? The waitress was very personable and friendlySpecial Features:
- Voted best crabcakes in Baltimore60pluscoupleDined on 10/7/2014Two couples dined here on a Tuesday (seafood) night and we were not disappointed. Seafood was superb with good-sized portions. Good drinks, too. We were too sated to have any dessert. And to top it off, I watched Chris Nannarone's 'Best In Chow' show on the Cooking channel on Thursday, Oct 9, 2014, and Pappas was voted the best crabcakes in Baltimore in a taste test of 3 local eateries. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great CrabcakesTonyaVIPDined on 10/3/2014I truly had a nice dining experience at Pappas. My group of 7 was celebrating a birthday and we all had the crab cake dinner. The crab cake was meaty, with moderate filling, and seasoned nicely. One crab cake was very filling. The service was very good. Our waiter was very attentive and I liked the fact that the manger came around as well to make sure we were enjoying our dining experience. I will be back.Special Features:
- Return to basic valuesWanderwomanDined on 9/26/2014You just simply can't get better crab cakes than those served up by Pappas. Everyone in our dinner party ordered a seafood entree and were very pleased. The side dishes and salads however are ordinary if not bland. The service was exceptional and expedient. The atmosphere is warm, welcoming and great for family gatherings. Do not expect a leisurely, gourmet dining experience at Pappas but if you want fabulous crab cakes and old-fashioned good service, you should try Pappas at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmjcclcDined on 9/20/2014The food is great. The tables are really close together so not much privacy and the restaurant is loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pappas Restaurant - Parkvilleltee126Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I dined here for the first time on Sept. 16th for our 20th anniversary. We both ordered the single crab cake dinner and absolutely loved it. Service was prompt and courteous, and the food arrived reasonably quick. We will certainly visit this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:
- Favorite!DavidgVIPDined on 9/11/2014Pappas' is always one of our favorite Baltimore restaurants. Justin is simply the nicest and best!! We're glad to hear of their most recent opening on Cranbrook Road in Cockeysville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafooddaveDined on 9/10/2014I would highly recommend this place. Seafood was excellent (get the crab cake and crab soup). Also had calamari app which was good as well. Really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. It is a little pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at PappasGirlsNightOutcDined on 9/9/2014I was disappointed to know that the crab meat was from Indonesia and not from the United States. I do not feel the crab cakes had as much lump crab meat as it used to have though they were still okay. I also feel the cucumber salad did not taste the same. It was more vinegary than usual making it more tart. My friend decided against the crab cake because of where the crab was shipped from. She had the orange roughy and said it was very good. The salad was still very fresh. I will still return and try another dish next time.Special Features:
- Pappas Never FailsBillVIPDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I dine at Pappas at least twice a month for the last two years. Whenever I get a craving for a crabcake, this is where I go. The quality of the food and service is consitant and the price is right. This visit I had decided to break convention and instead of ordering a crabcake, ordered the crabmeat ala vodka. WOW! Big chunks of jumbo lump crab in a delicious cream sauce. The pasta was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Best Crabcakes in BaltimoreJaneVIPDined on 9/5/2014Don't miss the crabcakes. They are the biggest and best. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Crabcake delightTonyCDined on 9/1/2014Being a Marylander I am a lover of crab. The Chesapeake Bay makes us all connoisseurs of Seafood and how it is prepared. I know that today most restaurant Blue Crab is World Sourced due to the increasing scarcity of this tasty crustacean therefore it is the recipe, preparation and execution that separate an excellent Crabcake from the run of the mill. PAPPAS executed their recipe to near perfection!Special Features:
- Seafood at it's BEST!kgirlDined on 8/30/2014Food was amazing! From the appetizers to the meals, everything tasted so fresh. The crab balls are offered fried or baked - we tried the fried: just enough cornmeal with a LOT of crab, no greasy taste, & not overcooked as we've had in other restaurants. Our meals were AWESOME! From the Seafood Newburgh, to the Baked Salmon, to the Crab Cake dinners - couldn't say YUM and MMMMM enough as we ate - all the seafood was So Fresh! The vegetables of that night (stringbeans & glazed carrots) were just as fresh - they must have been just picked. Dining area was an open, nicely lit room (even for a 9:30 pm dinner seating). Can't wait to enjoy another meal there or maybe check out their Take Out store across the street next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014We had a great meal and a super time celebrating my daughter's 59th birthday, except for the noisy background. I hope someone will bring me on my 90th birthday, coming up soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NegativenancyDined on 8/28/2014I'm sorry to be negative, but I thought the food was mediocre. Our group of five was unimpressed. Your prices are high. It was disappointing to learn that your hot turkey sandwich was lunchmeat, not roast turkey, but the price didn't reflect that. French fries came to the table barely warm. The server was terrific, and we don't wnat her to get into trouble for any comments. She was a very nice lady. I think we were just expecting better taste and offerings.
- Amazing crabcakes, ambience, valueGoodfood4goodpeepsDined on 8/28/2014Pappas was highly recommended and did not disappoint! The quality of the food is superb and you cannot beat the price! At last, a substantial delicious meal for a reasonable price. I highly recommend Pappas' Restaurant to families, friends, dates, or absolutely any type of event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The crab cakes were fantastic. We sat down at our table at 7:00pm we werent asked what we wanted to drink until 7:20. We ordered drinks and our food. Our food arrived at 7:35 we ate and it was great. We were done at about 7:55 our drinks were not refilled nor did I waitress ask if we needed anything eles. We didnt get our ticket until 8:10pm and didnt get to leave until 8:20 the service was very poor.Special Features:
- Very Nice!!DianeDined on 8/23/2014Took you back in time when customer service was important. OMG to the crab cakes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crabcake and Jackknife potatovickiDined on 8/23/2014Go for the crab cakes, Jackknife potato and dish of cucumbers and celery they put on all tables (when they don't run out). They can cook steak correctly which is a rare finding in restaurants so I get the Surf and Turf. It isn't inexpensive so I don't know why they can't have nice roll to go with dinner. I like a good dessert and they don't deliver. The service is superficial and they tried to collect the check 5 seconds after placing it on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like familyGABRISZESKIDined on 8/22/2014You are made us feel like family. Great experience and would come back again with my office or my husband. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colossal Crab Cake was yummy!HRHTheresaDined on 8/20/2014Went with friends for Baltimore County Restaurant Week - the Colossal Crab Cake and the Crab Dip were really yummy... we will be back for more! :)Special Features:
- crab cakespaulDined on 8/18/2014the best crab cakes in baltimore. service is always pleasent.Special Features:
- FantasticsingtuuDined on 8/18/2014Our anniversary dinner was very romantic, and the food was absolutely delicious. It is true what they say about the crab cake, it is wonderful!Special Features:
- Very pleasedMustdineDined on 8/17/2014I truly enjoyed the experience. We were seated quickly during the very busy dinner hours, on a Saturday. The meal was good and customer service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cake to die for - Service.. noTslucDined on 8/16/2014The crab cake is the best in Baltimore. Seriously. We went on a Saturday night, and it was packed. We had a reservation and still had to wait 10 minutes. Not bad. Then they brought the delicious pickles after a 5 minute wait and then 10 more before we ever got water or saw our waitress. Luckily several 'bus boys' were running around. We were able to persuade them to get us some beverages. Finally she arrived and we were ready to order. Food took a while, but it was packed. She could have been quicker. Not sure anyone told her we were seated. We'll be back for sure though. The restaurant week deal was an amazing steal. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience was positive. Our waiter was friendly, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Pappas' crab cakes are excellent and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- good for crabcakesJoanieVIPDined on 8/15/2014This crabcake is big,but I would like a little less filler.The price is reasonable for what you get and that is great.
- The crabcakes were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The staff were very friendly. We will definitely go back to Papas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakesLuv4foodDined on 8/12/2014The crab cake was the highlight of my visit. Def try one when visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.