Pappas Restaurant - Glen Burnie
6713 Gov. Ritchie Highway
Baltimore, MD 21061Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pappas Restaurant - Glen Burnie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pappascrabcakes.com/restaurant/Restaurant.htm
- Phone: (410) 766-3713
- Hours of Operation:
Dinning room Sunday-Tuesday 11am to 10pm Wedensday-Saturday 11am to 11pm
Sports Bar Sunday 11am to 12am Monday-Saturday 11am to 2am
Happy Hour is from 3-7 Monday-Friday (Only in Sports Bar)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Angel Campouerde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pappas Restaurant - Glen Burnie
Locals have flocked to our newly renovated, fully handicap accessible restaurant and Sports Bar for its award winning crab cakes, thick, juicy steaks, tasty pasta dishes, and delectable seafood entrees at reasonable prices.Service to our valuable customers is our number one concern. We invite you to treat your palate and stop in our restaurant for an unforgettable meal or take items to go by calling in a carryout order, and experience what the locals have always know: Fine food and drinks delivered by friendly servers—at a reasonable price—make Pappas Restaurant an irresistible dining experience in Glenburnie and Baltimore!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pappas Restaurant - Glen Burnie reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014The crab cakes where very good and the service was great and the drinks where very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValuecrabfinickyDined on 11/7/2014I heard that Pappas had the best crab cake around. The rest of the meal was excellent, but the crab wasn't Maryland and tasted very fishy - filler I guess. I won't be coming for the crab again.Special Features:
- Crabby Cakes!!CrabcakefixDined on 10/19/2014Awesome crab cakes and our server was great! They even surprised my daughter with cheesecake and candles for her birthday! Will be back for sure. I can't believe I grew up in Baltimore and have never been to Pappas!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Comfortable space and great food. Food was served piping hot and service was excellent. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- PappasMadisonDined on 10/11/2014Excellent crab cakes and if you like to watch sports while dining this is the place to go. Service is very friendly and so are many of the patrons. A good place to go for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- A crab cake to remember !IGot5OnItDined on 10/5/2014Tough to top an excellent lump meat crab cake AND great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!coopbizDined on 9/6/2014Great service for our large group! The food was heavenly and our out of town guests left the restaurant impressed with our dinner choice, full and happy!Special Features:
- Papas is popularPattiDined on 8/9/2014Papa's is a popular evening spot in Glen Burnie. After reading the reviews on OpenTable we decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed! We arrived a bit early for 8 o'clock reservation on A crowded Saturday night but were seated immediately. Despite the busy night our waitress was attentive and served our meal in a timely fashion. The crabcakes that I ordered were delicious and the asparagus was cooked to perfection. My friend opted for the sirloin steak and said that it was excellent. Another friend enjoyed the stuffed shrimp which she said is difficult to find in restaurants. All in all it was a wonderful experience and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- boatnutDined on 8/1/2014The food was good. Crab Cakes among the best we have had. Cream of crab soup excellent. Will become our go to place.Special Features:
- UnremarkablegregDined on 7/28/2014The look and feel of a 'chain' combo restaurant/sports bar. Good crabcakes, but that is not a distinguishing factor when you're that close to Baltimore. Nice selection of local beers.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Pappas Restaurant - Glen Burnie reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014The food was good, but the price was high. There are better choices in the same area.Special Features:
- Great cream of crab soup.Steve712Dined on 6/15/2014Was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the other reviews, but my experience at Pappas was very good. Prompt, personable server. Had the stuffed orange roughly and it was as good as advertised. The cream of crab is the best I've had in a very long time. This is a good place to bring the family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2012Good food, great portions for great prices! Very friendly staff. Would love to watch some Ravens games in the bar while dining on the crab imperial......Special Features:
- I took my parents there onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2012I took my parents there on Tuesday night. We had reservations that had been made on line. I put a note there was a handicapped person in our party and we were seated at the last table, when the first 3 were open. He uses a walker, not chair. The salmon was very good. I had the imperial crab, it was dry and had a lot of filler. There was supposed to be special sauce on top, it was so brown that it added to flavor at all to the dish. I didn't eat most of it & didn't take it home. The baked potatoes were reheated. There were several things that were wrong with the food or service. We have scratched it off our list of places to go.
- The Glen Burnie location'sTabbyHillDined on 4/29/2012The Glen Burnie location's menu is quite different than their Parkville location-more pub food and sandwiches which is in line with the fact the the GB Pappas is more of a sports bar. Still, our party of 10-ages 25-91, seemed to enjoy everything. The Cobb Salad was really excellent-very fresh and a generous portion. We were there to celebrate a 91st birthday and management was very accommodating in allowing us to bring our own cake and table decorations. Our waitress was fantastic.Special Features:
- Pappas Restaurant is housedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2012Pappas Restaurant is housed in the old Benningan's on Ritchie Hwy adjacent to the GB Mall. The interior looks the same with the bar to the left and the restaurant seating to the right. The ambiance is pretty ordinary; it appears all they did was remove the Irish decorations and theme from the building. Pappas specializes in crab cakes and they are very good indeed. We both had the crab cake platter and we couldn't finish it. Due to the size of the portions, we did not sample any desserts. I had two glasses of wine and my companion had 2 diet cokes. The service was fast and friendly. The bill came to $89 which I thought was excessive, given the location and food ordered. I'll go back but I'll pay closer attention to the entree costSpecial Features:
- The service was fast, friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012The service was fast, friendly, and courtesous. The reservation was honored in a timely fashion and the tables were prepared upon arrival. The waiter, Dan: was kind, eager to assist and patient. I enjoyed my first experience at Pappas and the crab cake was AWESOME! I will return, thank you.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood bar / restaurant.titoVIPDined on 3/8/2012Nice neighborhood bar / restaurant. Food was good, appetizer was delivered after the salad. We'd/Thur 1/2 price wine.Special Features:
- Still the best crabcake around--betOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/29/2012Still the best crabcake around--better than Gunning's and G&M.Special Features:
- I come all the way from Columbia,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2012I come all the way from Columbia, MD,to Glen Burnie for Pappas' crabcakes. They are packed with lump crab and large in size, a winning combination of Maryland loveliness.Special Features:
- Our party of four adults reallyP34C3Dined on 2/19/2012Our party of four adults really enjoyed the food selected and the great service.Special Features:
- We went there for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We went there for Valentine's Day and took our 3 year old and our 2 month old. If you're out with older kids, it's fine. Our toddler had a great time, he loved the restaurant. However, there was way too much noise and movement for our infant. The bar is separated from the restaurant, which is nice for families, but it is still loud. The food was really good, however, we had to get it all to go because our daughter (the infant) was not happy. Otherwise, this is a good restaurant. It was our first time there.Special Features:
- We have visited Pappas severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012We have visited Pappas several times now and have always enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- The food was amazing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2011The food was amazing. The atmosphere suitable. The damper was when we arrived. The table was not ready as our guest arrived. Service was good also.Special Features:
- The crab cakes and prime ribcindersDined on 12/8/2011The crab cakes and prime rib were delicious. We had received a postcard in the mail advertising the restaurant. We never would have known they were there if we hadn't gotten the add. The food was very good. Next time we will go back on a Wednesday for Crab cake night!Special Features:
- Great CrabrharrisjrDined on 11/5/2011Outstanding crab cakes and crab soup. Portabellow with crab was fantastic. Not so sure about the shrimp salad -- nice chunks of shrimp, but had a somewhat sharp taste to it.Special Features:
- Made the reservation for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2011Made the reservation for a retirement celebration. They were able to accomidate the size very easy and comfortable. They 2 servers interacted very well with the party and made everyone feel comfortable. The food was timely dilevered to the table from when we ordered. Would recommend for large parties again.Special Features:
- Kind of along the lines ofMcGeeVIPDined on 10/4/2011Kind of along the lines of a TFI Fridays or an Applebees.
- WE HAD A BALL. THE CRAB WASOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011WE HAD A BALL. THE CRAB WAS ONE OF THE BEST. WE WILL RETURNSpecial Features:
- loved the food. loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2011loved the food. loved the amount of food. the place was clean. the staff was friendly and very good. don't like the "no splitting" checks policy.Special Features:
- It was great and our waitress,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2011It was great and our waitress, Jessica, was exceptional.
- Crab Imperial was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/27/2011Crab Imperial was excellent - even too large a portion. However the loud sports bar atmosphere was something we could have done without.
- the food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/21/2011the food was very good and the service was very good. our best impression was just in looking at the menu, that was a treat in itself. Very good experience, hope to repeat it soon.Special Features:
- Selected Pappas after seeingOystersanytimeVIPDined on 8/8/2011Selected Pappas after seeing it on Open Table many times. When we arrived we were seated quickly but the server did not know we were there. She came after 10 minutes and apologized profusely about the delay noting that it was her 3rd day on the job. You could tell she did not have the rhythm of the job down yet. As for food, the soups were great, the salad was fresh and everyone seemed to be pleased with their food. My steak was a little overcooked but I did not send it back. I added a crabcake and enjoyed it immensely. The decor is sports-bar and loud so it is not a place for an intimate meal. I'm not sure I would go there again as it is 20 minutes from our home. Try it and you might like it. The free pie for my birthday was a nice touch.
- I and my family love diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2011I and my family love dining there. The food is always great and the folks that work there are great also. Always attentive. Love the oysters especially the are made the way my mother made them. Please stick around for along time.Special Features:
- Great crab cakes and bisque,CathiVIPDined on 7/20/2011Great crab cakes and bisque, but I much prefer the Pikesville location. The hostess at Glen Burnie greeted me and then walked away. She never said "follow me" or "right this way" so I remained at the podium. She then returned and was disturbed that I hadn't followed her. Instead of taking me to my booth, she gestured in the general direction so I picked a booth and sat down. Little did I know that she had dropped a menu on a different table which the server brought me when she arrived to take my order. The hostess should have a better demeanor and ask people to follow her when she is seating them and remain at the table until the guest is seated and hand them their menu. Very rude.Special Features:
- I was surprised they wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011I was surprised they were not packed on a Saturday night. The server was great and very attentive.The food was good, hot and on time.Special Features:
- Your Money Goes Far at PappasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2011Fabulous all-lump crabcakes make the trip to Glen Burnie worth the ride from Columbia. The half-price bottle of wine special on Wednesday added to our pleasure. Even the vegetable of the day was above average because of its obvious freshness. Excellent meal and a good value.Special Features:
- Great Crab Cake....Super Waitress..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2011Great Crab Cake....Super Waitress....Best Cream of Crab soup, EVER !Special Features:
- Wednesday's "Specials" Actually AreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2011The Wednesday night $13.95 crabcake dinner specia featured the same large crabcake that is served at any other time, and the jumbo lumps of crab didn't disappoint in flavor. Half-priced bottles of wine on Wednesday made the choice of drinks easy, as well. A nice-sized salad was one of the side choices, and the vegetable of the day was a lightly sauteed carrot/zucchini mix with medium-sized vegetable slices that still had crunch in them. No mushy, been-sitting-in-the-pot-getting-soggy-all-evening veggies here. The restaurant's site is a former Bennigan's, so the layout and decor are nothing special. But the booth was comfortable and private, and the attentive server left my dining partner and me alone after dinner for conversation.Special Features: