316 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pappardella.com/
- Phone: (212) 595-7996
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lino Singh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With Pappardella's catering services and event planning you will surprise your guests with Pappardella's delicious Tuscan dishes. We will help you with your individual menu planning. please call 212-595-7996 or email at email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Happy Hour: Mo-Thur;4pm-7pm, 10pm-close Kids eat free: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm-5:30pm Prix fix year round $25: Monday - Thursday: 3pm-6:30pm Monday wine social:25% off all wines by the bottle
A word from Pappardella
Pappardella restaurant brings to you the flavors and food of Tuscany. Established in 1983, Pappardella offers a romantic setting of timeless charm with 20 foot ceilings, French doors & a stunning mural of Florence. Menu and service reflect the warmth and attention of the old world, as well as the diversity and techniques of today. we feature homemade pasta, artisanal pizza & other great Italian staples, like chicken parmagian, grilled branzino & scrumptious tiramisu. A beautiful outdoor terrace makes for great people watching in the warm months. Pappardella is conveniently located near the beacon theater, the museum of natural history & Central Park offering lunch & dinner pre fix, brunch & a busy happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pappardella reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (13)romantic (9)great for lunch (9)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- CMacDined on 11/22/2014Food lacking, almost no beets in beet salad, brocoli Rabe way undercooked, veal cutlet tough.
- Great night out before a showVikmanDined on 10/28/2014We were going to a show at the Beacon Theatre and needed a good, quick bite. Pappardella did the trick! The server asked if we were going to a show, so he made sure everything came out timely. Great cocktail list and red wine glass selection. Get the pappardella pasta with the braised beef - some of the best I've had!Special Features:
- TheyCameToBostonVIPDined on 10/27/2014I'm only in NYC a half-dozen times a year, but I visit Papadella regularly when I'm on the Upper West Side. The food is good, the service fast and friendly the prices reasonable. And altho it's right on Columbus, it has a real neighborhood feel and it's priced much less than some others nearby. Recently I noticed that they have been in business for 30+ years. Good for them. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- lmgeragDined on 10/26/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the UWS. It has a warm, cozy atmosphere. The food is always great and I love that it has a seperate Gluten Free menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/24/2014Despite not clearing our reservation when we were seated, such that Open Table assumed we hadn't turned up for it and notified us on this, we enjoyed our evening at Pappardella, as we have every other time we have gone to New York, and we look forward to going there again the next time we are in town as we consider it one of the best places for good dining at a reasonable price close to our hotel in the Upper West side.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable timePixieDined on 10/19/2014Went there for brunch and had a very nice time with great service and delicious food and ambiance was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFeedMeDined on 10/13/2014My entire party loved the food. The signature pappardella with mushrooms was silken and delicious as were our other choices.Special Features:
- Great italian on ColumbusnonicknameVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great food, Good service, fairly priced. Always a good meal!
- A Casual DelightJosephVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food is consistently very good! Pasta dishes come out hot and portions are plentiful. Service is attentive and efficient. They always honor your reservation and a great last minute/neighborhood choice!Special Features:
- Great food, Excellent ServiceNickNameDined on 10/4/2014Pappardella was recommended to me by a friend. I will definitely go back. The food was authentic Italian cuisine and was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, LOUDbearleDined on 9/27/2014Our server was excellent and the service was quick. We weren't rushed but the noise level was too loud to hear our companions' conversation. The food, however, was excellent especially the barzini.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyDaniDined on 9/20/2014My sister and I took advantage of an Amazon Local deal to this place. It's always been empty but it has a nice outdoor seating space so we were happy to check it out with the deal. The hostess was not pleased once we mentioned that our reservation was associated to a deal (which I specified in the notes of my OpenTable reservation beforehand). It took a long time for the food to come out and when it did, there was a mix up. The quality of the food was not worth the money. Eggs benedict served on plain white toast (certainly not brioche as they claimed). They also "accidentally" overcharged us (adding 4 Entrees instead of 2...which they immediately rectified when I brought it to their attention). Overall it was underwhelming!
- Management needs better trainingSG914Dined on 9/19/2014Arrived on time for a 7:30 reservation (after departing early from another function so as not to be late) and were informed that it would be a 20 minute wait. We were incensed and made our dissatisfaction known. The hostess was helpless and we requested a manager who was apologetic but untrained. Had we been offered a glass of wine we would have been OK (though not pleased) with the situation. Once finally seated, we had a very sweet waitress who asked how we were doing, and we let her know that we were not happy. She advised that the manager told her to "give us someting". We received 2 glasses of Proseco, but by then the damage was done. A party of 4 walked in off the street behind us w/o reservation was seated 5 mins. after us.
- Still has a warm place in my heartUWSGemsDined on 9/19/2014Let me begin by saying that Pappardella has and will always be special to me. Prior to moving to NYC, my husband and I stumbled upon this UWS gem while checking out the neighborhood. I was pregnant with my now 4.5 yr old twins and this was the first meal in weeks that I could stomach! We set up our home in this neighborhood and ate here several times each week. We moved to Chicago a year ago, and of course this was my first stop when we came back for a visit this weekend. The food was just as delicious as I remembered. And I saw several old faces. Sadly, we had a waitress I'd never seen before. And she was horrible! We waited nearly 20-min for water, and to order. Disappointing. But I'll be back (just not to one of her tables!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unethical business practiceMidtownjcVIPDined on 9/19/2014The business did not honor a promotion they advertised. The manager charged my credit card despite their written offering. This restaurant is misleading customers.
- Not great - So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014The food strove towards mediocrity. The wine list is OK - but some of the better vintages are comparatively pricey. There are better places to eat Italian on the Upper West Side.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I took my wife for her birthday and the food was great, terrific drinks and service. Their Bread is delicious and I recommend any of their dishes. They have gluten Free pasta which is huge for those who need that.Special Features:
- Gone downhill...imameyerhoffDined on 9/14/2014This place used to be my favorite neighborhood gem, but it has gone downhill recently. Just went for brunch and the food was mediocore at best. Bacon very greasy and extremely fatty, farmer's egg omelet was good, but the eggs benedict was nasty. Brunch cocktails were low on the liquor.Special Features:
- NYC- great findValentinesVIPDined on 9/13/2014Pappardella was a very nice place to eat. We did the research and made a great choice...Special Features:
- Time is not on your sideDiner2Dined on 9/13/2014Our party of seven had a 6:30 reservation. We were told we still had a 15 minute wait. Looking at the tables used by larger groups, we saw no one near the end of their dinner. Our observation was correct. We were seated at 7:25, almost an hour late. While we waited, the hostess offered a wine tasting for our group at the bar. For seven people, we were given three glasses, each filled 1/2", to share. That's not three samples each, but three samples to share among seven guests. After we finished our meal, we were kept hostage another 15 minutes waiting for our check, perhaps one of the causes for their inability to maintain a schedule. I thought a 6:30 reservation was early enough to avoid back up issues. A positive note, the food was good.
- Nice place. Great friendly service.LBeeDined on 9/13/2014Great spot. Lots of energy. Great service. Food was average to good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshineVIPDined on 9/9/2014always dependable for good food and drink with pretty attentive service, decent prices and goodly portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food was somewhat stale, nothing better from 6 months and 2 years ago. Wine list was lacking. Needs an infusion of better and fresher food and perhaps of a higher quality
- Wow!HealthyeaterVIPDined on 9/5/2014Amazing GF menu. Really???? Gf garlic bread? Everything we had was delicious. Very quaint spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HSRNUFamilyVIPDined on 9/3/2014The service was excellent and the food outstanding and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Good ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014I particularly liked the pasta and sangria. The mini pizzas I thought were only fair. I liked the ambiance, and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor seatingJudithVIPDined on 8/13/2014The outdoor seating is a bit cramped, but it is enjoyable to sit, drink, eat and people watch. The food is good -- especially the namesake dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I won a gift certificate to this restaurant at a charity auction a couple of years ago. I had to be in NYC for a medical check-up at Sloan, and decided to use the certificate on that visit. I was thoroughly pleased with the whole experience, as were my two companions, one of whom is in the restaurant/hospitality business. The food was served promptly, and was delicious. The wait staff were all very nice. I will go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014More bang for your buck to walk across the street and wait in line for Shake Shack. Find a park bench near the Natural History Museum or UWS to eat your delicious Shake Shack burger and be thankful you skipped Pappardella.
- Not too good!XteenDined on 8/9/2014We drove into the city with an Amazon deal here . I went to the deal and nowhere did it say anything about what was included so we assumed that it was for the value of the deal. There really wasn't anything wow about the place and the waitress was a little off putting. We ordered coffee and they served it to the table across from us and then after she had touched the cup, they said no it wasn't theirs and the waiter just picked it up and put it in front of me. I said "that woman touched the cup"- no apologies or anything just turned and went to the kitchen. Who knows if he brought me back the same cup! I wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- sunshineVIPDined on 8/8/2014always reliable for good Italian fare and drink with decent service, goodly portions and pretty fair prices all of which makes for a winning formula. one of the best in this upper west side neighborhood which has stood the test of time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchWendeenycVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love their fresh brunh entrees - service is a bit rushed on the weekends but still worth the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free GemGF117Dined on 8/2/2014With one of us being Gluten Free we considered Pappardella but also wanted to be sure the others would find something that was palatable to them. We had a reservation, we were seated in the sidewalk area and everything was superb. The waiter was patient even when we could not decide. Our Gluten Free guest had her own menu and she was very happy with the choices as were the others. Great find and they did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 361 reviews are from the Pappardella reviews archive.
- Gluten-free GemLReyn19VIPDined on 7/20/2014This place was surprisingly great for gluten-free options. From antipasto to dessert, they had a robust GF menu and everything was unbelievably tasty. According to our friend, her non-GF clam linguine was extremely good and worth coming back for. Also, the restaurant was filled with neighborhood locals, which is the best way to judge if a place will have good food. A solid choice!!Special Features:
- Do dinner!APGMDDined on 7/6/2014The brunch was not that good. The prix fixe menu for brunch including a "first course" that was just a plate of bread. Not really a first course. The main course was not that tasty either. However, I have had dinner there before and the meal was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good...but...ELC123VIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was good. The waitress was lovely but there seemed to be only two waiters on staff. The busboys were terrible, didn't scan, perhaps they didn't speak English, couldn't manage to bring milk for the coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Steady FavoritekarenjDined on 6/28/2014Nice food, nice service, nice neighborhood; Papparedella is that favorite restaurant that you keep going back to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long Time West Side StapleBKtheRetireeDined on 6/22/2014I had not been to Pappardella in a long time and was happy to see it was still there. After a Lincoln Center outing, a group of 4 went for dinner. We were met by the hostess promptly and given a nice table, but it took a while for us to get menus and a waitress. Once that glitch was resolved, everything went smoothly and we had a good dinner. We all had specialty salads that were tasty and good-sized for the price, and the same could also be said for our entrees, which ranged from fish to pasta. I enjoyed my pappardelli pasta with sausage. For dessert, a very nice ricotta cheesecake. I was glad to see that the restaurant is still popular and serving good food after all these years.Special Features:
- Not so good DisappointingMannyLDined on 6/21/2014Overpriced, slow service, food so so. I was very disappointed.
- Picnic disaster!nathalie2kDined on 6/21/2014I purchased what was supposed to be a 4-course Luxe Italian picnic deal from Travelzoo for Pappardella. Waited a whole month for what i anticipated to be a fun day, instead i was highly dissapointed. Food as disgusting, burnt bread, nasty pasta, the cured meats seems like it has been seating around for weeks, the cheese had a sour taste and foul smell, no vegetable present (as advertised), desert urrrg! Pure nightmare. Thank God for the bike rental at central park which saved the day. And of course no lemeon bars and no checkered tablecloth as advertised. :-(Special Features: