316 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pappardella.com/
- Phone: 2125957996
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lino Singh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With Pappardella's catering services and event planning you will surprise your guests with Pappardella's delicious Tuscan dishes. We will help you with your individual menu planning. please call 212-595-7996 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: Happy Hour: Mo-Thur;4pm-7pm, 10pm-close Kids eat free: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm-5:30pm Prix fix year round $25: Monday - Thursday: 3pm-6:30pm Monday wine social:25% off all wines by the bottle
A word from Pappardella
Pappardella restaurant brings to you the flavors and food of Tuscany. Established in 1983, Pappardella offers a romantic setting of timeless charm with 20 foot ceilings, French doors & a stunning mural of Florence. Menu and service reflect the warmth and attention of the old world, as well as the diversity and techniques of today. we feature homemade pasta, artisanal pizza & other great Italian staples, like chicken parmagian, grilled branzino & scrumptious tiramisu. A beautiful outdoor terrace makes for great people watching in the warm months. Pappardella is conveniently located near the beacon theater, the museum of natural history & Central Park offering lunch & dinner pre fix, brunch & a busy happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pappardella reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (30)great for brunch (19)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (15)romantic (13)kid-friendly (11)special occasion (8)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014I particularly liked the pasta and sangria. The mini pizzas I thought were only fair. I liked the ambiance, and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor seatingJudithVIPDined on 8/13/2014The outdoor seating is a bit cramped, but it is enjoyable to sit, drink, eat and people watch. The food is good -- especially the namesake dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014More bang for your buck to walk across the street and wait in line for Shake Shack. Find a park bench near the Natural History Museum or UWS to eat your delicious Shake Shack burger and be thankful you skipped Pappardella.
- sunshineVIPDined on 8/8/2014always reliable for good Italian fare and drink with decent service, goodly portions and pretty fair prices all of which makes for a winning formula. one of the best in this upper west side neighborhood which has stood the test of time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchWendeenycVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love their fresh brunh entrees - service is a bit rushed on the weekends but still worth the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free GemGF117Dined on 8/2/2014With one of us being Gluten Free we considered Pappardella but also wanted to be sure the others would find something that was palatable to them. We had a reservation, we were seated in the sidewalk area and everything was superb. The waiter was patient even when we could not decide. Our Gluten Free guest had her own menu and she was very happy with the choices as were the others. Great find and they did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free GemLReyn19Dined on 7/20/2014This place was surprisingly great for gluten-free options. From antipasto to dessert, they had a robust GF menu and everything was unbelievably tasty. According to our friend, her non-GF clam linguine was extremely good and worth coming back for. Also, the restaurant was filled with neighborhood locals, which is the best way to judge if a place will have good food. A solid choice!!Special Features:
- Do dinner!APGMDDined on 7/6/2014The brunch was not that good. The prix fixe menu for brunch including a "first course" that was just a plate of bread. Not really a first course. The main course was not that tasty either. However, I have had dinner there before and the meal was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good...but...ELC123VIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was good. The waitress was lovely but there seemed to be only two waiters on staff. The busboys were terrible, didn't scan, perhaps they didn't speak English, couldn't manage to bring milk for the coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Steady FavoritekarenjDined on 6/28/2014Nice food, nice service, nice neighborhood; Papparedella is that favorite restaurant that you keep going back to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long Time West Side StapleBKtheRetireeDined on 6/22/2014I had not been to Pappardella in a long time and was happy to see it was still there. After a Lincoln Center outing, a group of 4 went for dinner. We were met by the hostess promptly and given a nice table, but it took a while for us to get menus and a waitress. Once that glitch was resolved, everything went smoothly and we had a good dinner. We all had specialty salads that were tasty and good-sized for the price, and the same could also be said for our entrees, which ranged from fish to pasta. I enjoyed my pappardelli pasta with sausage. For dessert, a very nice ricotta cheesecake. I was glad to see that the restaurant is still popular and serving good food after all these years.Special Features:
- Not so good DisappointingMannyLDined on 6/21/2014Overpriced, slow service, food so so. I was very disappointed.
- Picnic disaster!nathalie2kDined on 6/21/2014I purchased what was supposed to be a 4-course Luxe Italian picnic deal from Travelzoo for Pappardella. Waited a whole month for what i anticipated to be a fun day, instead i was highly dissapointed. Food as disgusting, burnt bread, nasty pasta, the cured meats seems like it has been seating around for weeks, the cheese had a sour taste and foul smell, no vegetable present (as advertised), desert urrrg! Pure nightmare. Thank God for the bike rental at central park which saved the day. And of course no lemeon bars and no checkered tablecloth as advertised. :-(Special Features:
- The HalibutEstherVIPDined on 6/20/2014The Halibut was excellent! And you should repeat the Halibut on your menu!Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnersirenmamaDined on 6/15/2014Everything we ordered was delicious and we love Pappardella - been coming her for past 6 yrs. The asparagus in pesto appetizer is a nice start and the Tartufo Fungi dish is the best pasta dish on the menu. The pizza is a perfect size for a child for dinner. The Orvieto wine special for Fathers Day was good. There seemed to be some problem with dishes and utensils that night. I received a dirty appetizer dish hot from the washer - I washed it off with my napkin and glass of water as the place was pretty busy. We were also given forks to eat sorbet with which was a little weird... We've been to this restaurant a several times, so I think they were just having a busy night and perhaps were a little understaffed in the back end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Gluten-FreekgretaloveDined on 6/12/2014We visited New York and needed to cater to all members of our family and their dietary needs: gluten-free and vegetarian for some. We also wanted a memorable night. Pappardella was it! We met with friends and had a great night. Everything was delicious and the tomato/mozz and mushroom ragu were excellent for gluten-free needs. I highly recommend it. We will definitely be going back when we visit NYC again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!IloveNYCDined on 6/8/2014Using a Living Social deal we had brunch. Both my husband and I both enjoyed our meals very much. I had eggs benedict and he has an omelet. My only surprise is when I got the bill and if we not had the Living Social deal the two brunches would have been $68. Now I realize the prices would be higher in NYC but really I truly think that is very high for what we got. The living social was just right.Special Features:
- 50th birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here with 2 other couples. The food was very tasty and the overall atmosphere is friendly. Wait staff, while not overly attentive, was there when we needed them. The wine list could use some more depth, especially given the decent menu selection. All of us enjoyed the evening and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PappardellaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014The food was not as good as the reviews I read. The garlic mashed potatoes were bland. The port wine sauce on my steak was nothing to write home about. The service by my waitress was atrocious. She took forever to bring me my food. Took even longer to get my check. And another waitress had to get my check when I was ready to pay because my waitress was too busy entertaining and taking pictures with the diners at the table to my left. I won't be returning here or recommending this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014This restaurant was fairly good. The waitress was friendly and helpful. There was a problem with our appetizer and they gave it to us for free. The food was tasty, but portions were fairly small in relation to the price. I liked that much of the food was free range or organic. Don't know if I would go out of my way to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long-time favoritekarenjDined on 5/25/2014Pappardella is just one of those places that we love and return to time and again, year after year. The food is reliably good, the service attentive and friendly, and the ambience always pleasing. We've never had a bad experience here. I have no idea how many times we've been here, and I hope to get back again soon!Special Features:
- Great Brunchtoks77Dined on 5/25/2014The food was well prepared without a long wait. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The location on Columbus avenue was perfect with the outdoor seating for good people watching!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014Relaxed atmosphere good food good efficient serviceSpecial Features:
- It was fabulous!OceansideDined on 5/20/2014We dine with my family at Pappardellas for special occasions. My son just graduated from college and we had a wonderful relaxing lunch for over two hours. We sat inside but the doors were open so we had the best of both worlds. The food and service is always excellent! The management is there to make sure the customer is happy. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion. It is one of the best places I have gone in years! If I lived in NYC I would go a few times a week! For now I just have to accept that I will always go on special occasions!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2014Went for anniversary with my girlfriend, and came in with high expectations after recommended from friends. Food was ok, but it's NYC and expect better for a highly rated Italian place (split caesar, Veal Parm, Pappardelle with mushrooms). Tables in center were cramped. Pleasant staff, service was mediocre as never offered bread, asked for water three times, the check twice, then when received - it had incorrect pricing. I politely asked the manager (I think) to double check, then she started to try and defend herself but stopped and said she would look into it. They corrected the pricing, then we smiled and left. I'm not planning on going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunchart25geeDined on 5/18/2014Enjoy an excellent meal with very good service. Great location for restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable timeCarolDined on 5/18/2014Sat outside on a Sunday afternoon for brunch. Food was good and they did not rush us outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for a neighborhood spotClassicVIPDined on 5/17/2014Very solid food, but pricey for what it is. There are other restaurants in the general vicinity that have the same food and quality for at least 25% less.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNjoythemomentDined on 5/17/2014When we sat we waited 15 minutes to get the waitres attention. It seemed either not enough servers or just not very proficient as everything had to be asked and than waited, water, bread, plates, etc.. Just overall not very good service and customer attention.
- Gluten free diningJDCSVIPDined on 5/13/2014The restaurant has an extensive and delicious gluten free menu. The staff seems to be quite knowledgeable of gluten free concerns and protocols. I can't wait to dine again!Special Features:
- Great Italian!JustOKDined on 5/13/2014Fresh made pastas, nice ambiance. Great local if you are going to the Beacon. Real Italy Italian dishes. Worth the trip. Also nice outdoor dining area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't get to eatLg17Dined on 5/12/2014Even though there were only 3 tables seated when we arrived, with another 4 outside, we sat for 15 minutes without anyone coming over, even to give us water. I stood up looking to speak to someone, but didn't see anyone. Finally a waitress was coming towards us. I looked at her about to speak, while I was standing and my sister and her husband were getting up, obviously annoyed. She only looked at me, made eye contact, then quickly looked away and started to speak to the table behind us. So we left. So sad. I come here all the time with my boyfriend because we live so close. Not anymore.
- Consistently very good.rjgarnoldVIPDined on 5/8/2014Delicious salmon with fresh artichoke; even better the next day. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal EverCTtheatregoerDined on 5/3/2014Best Meal I ever ate. Gluten Free Dining at its best. And the service was great too. Even the manager noticed our bread was not gluten free and immediately removed it. Now that's attention to detail.Special Features:
- The following 332 reviews are from the Pappardella reviews archive.
- Wanted to like itPeace8Dined on 4/29/2014Nice atmosphere, service was very accommodating I wish we could of liked the food more. A special of cauliflower soup had virtually no taste at all. My pasta was so drowned with sauce I couldn't eat more than a few bites. I saw many families with small children enjoying themselves. Maybe I just didn't order the right thing.
- Very disappointing Restaurant....LynneBVIPDined on 4/28/2014In my reservation, I noted my allergy was never discussed or addressed by Server/Waitress. Both my Employee and I were very disappointed in the quality of the food we ordered as it was very bland and much too oily. Service was very confusing as I thought my Waitress was a nice woman, however didn't understand her leaving prior to us finishing and never coming over to the table to inform us of such. There was only one other table of diners and service was very slow - had to constantly motion for attention. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
- Good find!katlin0508Dined on 4/27/2014Visited April 26 for brunch. We bought a deal through travelzoo which was $64 for 4 people (cornetto, entree, side and a cocktail per person). Croissant was nice and buttery. Their strawberry jam was perfect! For my entree, I chose the pizza with italian sausage, roasted peppers with the sunny side egg on top---it was delicious! I'd highly recommend the pizza. I also had the maple bacon as my side (3 pieces), it was on the oily side but the taste went perfect with my pizza. My friends had the eggs benedict, and they said it was "alright" and didnt speak more of it. Do not get their mimosa's or bellini's. They just didnt taste right---i think it was the club soda they've mixed it with. The place was small but not too busy. Eat on the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2014We had a most enjoyable experience. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSavannahDined on 4/22/2014We liked this place so much we went 2 nights in a row. Unpretentious neighborhood place with relatively small menu that covers all the basis. My husband wouldn't offer me any Pasta Bolognese, it was too good to share. I liked the verdure offering to start. Perfect asparagus and artichokes, etc. A great kale salad. The fish is also consistently well done.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014We always go here at least once on our regular visits to New York, due to its excellent food, service and ambience close to our hotel.Special Features: