1073 31st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dc-papermoon.com/
- Phone: 2029656666
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday a la Carte: 11:30am - 3:00pm & Sunday buffet 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marcello Everto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Private parties welcome. We can accommodate special requests, allowing for you to choose the various menus we offer. Three party rooms,COMPLIMENTARY CHAMPAGNE AND TIRAMISU CAKE for special occasions such as BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARY, RETIREMENTS, ETC
- Public Transit: The closest Metro station is Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn on the Blue line. You then can take the Georgetown connector for $1.00 to M street and 31st
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at Colonial Parking located across the street from us. In addition, there are several other conveniently located lots within a short walking distance.
A word from Paper Moon
Conveniently located in the heart of historic Georgetown, we have been a local and international favorite since 1984. Serving some of the best Italian fares in a very comfortable atmosphere. Our moderately priced menu offers a variety of veal, seafood, and pasta and served by knowledgeable, courteous staff.Continued
Paper Moon is able to take private parties of up to 250. Please contact the restaurant for inquiries on private parties.
Paper Moon is able to take private parties of up to 250. Please contact the restaurant for inquiries on private parties.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paper Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food, terrible service.YumYumDined on 5/16/2014The food at Paper Moon was fabulous, but the service was very disappointing. Our waiter got our order wrong and was very inattentive.Special Features:
- Sitting outdoorsjhoyaDined on 3/15/2014My date and I loved the outdoor seating as well as our salmon over linguini. However, our waitress had a rather unengaging demeanor. Would recommend to friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014The ambiance is great. It wasn't crowded. I would recommend for a romantic date if you don't want a crowd. The food wasn't as great as I remembered it being the last time I went, so that was a letdown. I would go back, but the food isn't something I would crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but not memorableJHackettVIPDined on 2/23/2014It's an attractive environment but the menu is not adventuresome and rather predictable, the wine selection pricey for what they offer, and the food prep was okay but hardly memorable. It is in Georgetown and the prices were reasonable, so no doubt they do well with the younger, college crowd. Our waiter didn't listen well- my cocktail had to be returned and then explained, plus the wine served was not what we ordered and slightly more expensive. If you run an Italian restaurant perhaps you should teach some Italian to the client-facing staff members, especially wine names, which can be challenging. While they share the name with a great restaurant in Milan and Manhattan, don't be confused- this is not the same dining experience.
- Sorely disappointedFoodiefoodiefoodieDined on 2/15/2014We changed our reservations from another restaurant to this one after seeing it's rating: big mistake. The portions were incredibly small and way over priced. The prices on the menu attached to open table are incorrect (add $3-5 per entree). The staff wouldn't honor a coupon we had as well. The food did not taste bad, but wasn't spectacular either. The experience was a big let down and we will never go back. Don't waste your money here.Special Features:
- Don't GoExperienceVIPDined on 2/14/2014Only if Olive Garden is your idea of a great Italian restaurant, should you go. The food was bland and over cooked, beyond being uninspired. The wine list is filled with bottom shelf grocery store wine that retails for $ 9-15, marked up on the wine list 4-5X. The tables are very close together, so you can't help but hear everyone's conversation. I asked my girlfriend if she had the wine list and the guy next to me answered "It's on the back of the menu". A slightly funny moment at the time, but it gets old quickly throughout the night.
- Only the BathroomsDanRVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great time on Valentine's Day Night. Good food, good service, perfect window table. But the ladies room was cold -- and worse, the toilets were backed up. Quite a buzz kill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellcent eveningJoeyCDined on 2/14/2014I had an excellent evening with my girlfriend for Valentine's Day. The pre-fixe menu had variety choices for entrees and appetizers. The food was served relative quickly with warm bread. The best part was that places had a good number of people, but not crowded like most chain-restaurants. Definitely a hidden find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food. My wife andgeorgetownfoodieDined on 2/14/2014Loved the food. My wife and I got to the restaurant about a half hour before the reservation time on Valentines Day. We were seated right away but I had asked for a red rose on the reservation of which I never received. The place was quiet and cozy, I would call it romantic. But then there is the service. We were one of only about 3 tables in the entire place, I guess because it was still early. The server was very inattentive, he never asked for a drink order, we had to ask to get our glasses refilled, it was hard to get his attention and it was just overall bad service.Special Features:
- My experience :Mentor1Dined on 12/31/2013Paper Moon is a great tastey restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere. The food was very delicious and yet the desert was almost as delicious as the company. It's was a very enjoyable time that I recommend anyone going to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantFladiverVIPDined on 12/25/2013I was visiting my son in DC and he suggested this place mainly because he's never tried it. The pasta is to die for and the desserts devine. The service was so-so . Our waiter didn't seemed interested and we had to flag him down a couple of times for our check. I fully intend to go back and make sure I don't have the same waiter., Can't rate an entire restaurant experience on the lack of service as the other waiters seemed to be working their rear-ends off.Special Features:
- Christmas dinnerva3visitorsDined on 12/25/2013Our family was visiting DC for several days and went we needed made a reservation for Paper Moon for dinner on Christmas. The restaurant served a prix fixe 3 course menu in addition to the their regular menu. We chose dishes from both that were all excellent. The server made an extra effort to accommodate some special requests. Service was quite leisurely despite the large numbers of guests. I'd visit them again!Special Features:
- Good overallTyraDBDined on 12/25/2013The appetizer was great as was the bread & wine. The main dish was fair, meatball flavor was off and the spaghetti not completely cooked.Special Features:
- Not GoodDCFoodieDined on 12/25/2013We visited Paper Moon for Christmas dinner. Online they had a special 3 course pre-fixe menu that we didn't receive when seated. I asked the waiter, he said no. I said that I saw this offering online; he said I'll check then came back w the stated menu in hand. My 3 family mmbrs all ordered from this menu. I ordered the lamb dish off their normal menu. The waiter came back to say they were out of lamb. I then ordered off the pre-fixe menu. He came back again to say they were out of the soup I ordered; which my husband & daughter both had! The food that I & family ended up w was dry & overcooked. When we got the bill he charged us for 5 meals but we were 4 ppl. I let him know & he had an attitude. I spoke to a Mgr, who was very apologetic...
- We had a party of five forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/25/2013We had a party of five for Xmas lunch. All ordered the special menu. Two of us ordered branzino, which was dry and tasteless. It felt like it was yesterday's meal which had been recycled. Disappointing.
- Excellent Food!CS16Dined on 12/21/2013We took our teenagers here after watching a show at the Kennedy Center. We were an hour ahead of our reservations and they took us anyway! The food was very, very good. The service staff was very attentive. Love the ambiance! Prices are very reasonable for Georgetown. Give it a try!Special Features:
- A bit disappointedDBC4Dined on 11/23/2013We have been to Paper Moon many times in the past. So this time we were a bit disappointed. Service started out attentive and helpful. But that seemed to end after the appetizers. Then a long wait for our entrees -- which we were looking forward to, several of the daily specials. We both felt the daily specials were ok, if a bit bland. Not what we've experienced in the past. Finally it took a long time to find the waiter so that we could pay. Probably be a while before we return.Special Features:
- Old SchoolRocket80Dined on 11/16/2013Found this joint while looking for a last-minute date spot. The setting, location and price-point were all top-notch in regards to my want to have a long conversation over a couple glasses of wine. The staff was courteous and the food was well-seasoned and served at the optimal temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBleuz4NinaDined on 11/16/2013I to say, I have not been here in quite a while. I was pleasantly surprised that everything was as delicious as I remember it to be.Special Features:
- What, no pancakes or waffles?!MollyGoodVIPDined on 11/3/2013A brunch buffet is not complete without waffles............! But still pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but could be even bettercasualbruncherDined on 11/3/2013Even though we'd reserved, we were asked to sit outside, where it was quite chilly and there were no heaters. Also, it was for the brunch buffet which meant we had to get up and walk in several times. It took roughly an hour to get a refill on water. The food was really good, though. And the waiter was apologetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OopsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2013Showed up on a Saturday for a Group-on that was only good Sunday. It was the beginning of husbands bday weekend, Sunday was already booked with golf. Server checked with management and without a roll of an eye or any effort to make me feel more foolish than I already did they graciously accommodated us. Very pleasant experience! Food is good, ok the fries aren't exactly hand cut, but my omelette and my husbands steak and eggs were very good. Nice side street in Gtown for a champagne brunch.Special Features:
- A great meal with AMAZING serviceHoyasaxaDined on 10/26/2013My date and I had the lobster ravioli, and they did not skimp on the lobster at all. The portions were filing but not overwhelming. The most memorable part of the meal was the service. Our waiter treated us like royalty, and had a great sense of humor. Every single employee told us "thank you" or "have a good night" as we left. It's really hard to find this great of service anywhere else in Georgetown. I could not have been more satisfied with any aspect of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedFlamingoDined on 10/26/2013I read both good and bad reviews of this restaurant before we went there. Decided to give it a try and we all agreed, we had a good experience. The waiter was professional, food was very good, comfortable but elegant interior. We would go there again.Special Features:
- excellent!!luvit2Dined on 10/25/2013I took my friend back to paper moon because I had a wonderful experience the first time I was there. We enjoyed a wonderful meal once again, and our waitress was sweet and attentive! I would recommend the veal asparagus and some delicious Almond cake! hit the spot! :) We will be back to try their excellent menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but food below averagemarcoVIPDined on 10/19/2013The place is in a very nice spot in Georgetown, nice decor inside and few table outside. I went outside to avoid the noise there was inside and there was not too much tragic on the street. Service was good, some delays but was a sat night. Unfortunately the food was really below expectations. Fried calamari were gummy and the branzino looked like it was still frozen when it was cooked.
- Worst service I've ever hadTimtomsDined on 10/19/2013I'm in the industry and this was the worst service I've ever had....from the host to the bartender to the server.
- Great pasta dishesOptimomDined on 10/19/2013Pasta dishes were outstanding ! Decent wine list. Waited 45 minutes to be seated even though we had a 7:15 reservation. It was parents weekend for three colleges in town and the place was jumping. Once seated service was good and we enjoyed our visit with our college student. Would go back on a less busy weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceSilverguyDined on 10/19/2013Food was good but service was rude and not helpful not a good experiance
- They were a bit overwhelmedWolfie88VIPDined on 10/19/2013They were a bit overwhelmed by the onslaught of lots of parents/kids in for several local colleges' Parent's Weekends. We waited for our table 20 or so minutes, even though we had reservations. They pulled it off in the end though. I felt like the food came out quickly, given the initial wait for the table and additional warning from the waiter, telling us that the kitchen was swamped. They seem to handle tremendous volume pretty well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceSchubylaxVIPDined on 10/19/2013The food was good but the service was bad. The waiter took a while to take our orders. We waited to long for our meals. The waiter didn't offer a desert menu. We had to ask for our check which took over a half hour to get from the waiter. And to top all of this off there was some sort of confusion with the check. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Poorly run restaurantAnneDined on 10/19/2013The wait was too long while having a reservation and then the service was awful. The waitress we had was pleasant but one of the worst waitresses we have ever had. She took too long just to take drink order, brought bread well after appetizers, never returned to fill water glasses, and then after finding out we didn't want dessert or coffee we waited a solid 20 to 30 minutes for the check. I think overall the restaurant is poorly run. The wait staff was standing around talking and laughing with hostess while tables needed to be cleared and set etc.Special Features:
- Food OK but service was terribleDCtotheBeachDined on 10/19/2013Hello My girlfriend and I ate at Paper Moon on an early Saturday evening (5pm). A total of 5 tables of guests in the restaurant with 8 or more waiters. We ordered the Cannelloni Di Pollo Pesto and the Lobster Fra Diavlo. The Lobsterl was very good (but very little lobster). The Cannelloni was poor: very little flavor; mushy ground chicken; and minimal pesto. As noted earlier, there was more than one waiter for each table of guests. However, we received very poor (slow and inattentive) service. On 3 occasions I had to other staff to send our waiter to our table. The table behind us complain twice about their poor service. Taking the quality of the meal and service into consideration, I do not believe I will go back to Paper Moon.
- Just okAdventuresinfoodDined on 10/12/2013May be fine for small party but for a table of 8 service was poor. Foot 3 dinners wrong and food came out at very different times Atmosphere nice a bit loud but we were in the balcony Definitely not for small children Dessert less than impression
- DinnerAlexandria810Dined on 10/12/2013Paper Moon has a great menu and fantastic foods. It is one our favorite restaurants in DC.Special Features:
- Lovely sidewalk dining ...IsisVIPDined on 10/3/2013On a cool night. Tables too close together though that you end up hearing your neighbor's conversations. They try to stagger arrivals at different tables but it got busy around 7 pm. Nice atmosphere. Good hearty ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious, theAnnieDined on 9/21/2013The food was delicious, the staff was friendly. The only reason the ambiance got 3 stars is because the restaurant was so dark. Otherwise the ambiance was relaxed and welcoming. Overall, a very pleasant experience, if not one that stood out for anything exceptionally good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent everythingMeghanDined on 9/8/2013Been here twice. Will certainly go back. Mussels were plentiful and delicious! Lobster ravioli was divine!Special Features:
- good foodreallyDined on 9/8/2013brunch was good, service was great, & ambiance was classic. I was impressed enough of brunch that I asked to see the regular menu. yes I would try and come back for dinner.Special Features:
- Still like I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/25/2013It was 20+ years since my last visit. The food, service and ambiance were wonderful. When my friends found out I dined at Paper Moon they said the same thing. Now everyone wants to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.