Papaya Thai and Sushi Bar
1001 Boundry St.
Beaufort, SC 29902Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Papaya Thai and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (843) 379-9099
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Miss Tee, Miss Moe, Khanthasay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: special occasions such as wedding receptions, company meeting, private parties, rehearsal dinner, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Tee Dillon 9122725674x
- Entertainment: live music
A word from Papaya Thai and Sushi Bar
Specializing in Thai and sushi Cuisine, Papaya prides itself on using fresh, local ingredients to satisfy your culinary needs. For us, our restaurant is more than just a place to eat; our goal is to exceed customer expectation by providing consistent quality in our food, along with a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papaya Thai and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Thai in BeaufortDocTorVIPDined on 9/7/2014Not too many Thai and Suchi bars in this town. This one is a bit off the beaten path, but worth the drive or longer walk from the restaurant row of down town. For a broad selection of both Thai, Japanese and Chinese menu items, you can have what fits your desire. We did a business meeting here, requested a quite and private setting in which to discuss business matter away from other's ears and without disturbance and the request was accommodated. Our waiter was super attentive and non-intrusive. We will be back another time for "pleasure" dining. Sushi rolls are very affordable by comparison to other sushi restaurants that charge more for less tasty treats. Appetizer menu items are large enough to share with a table of 4.Special Features:
- Poor SushiBobRDined on 7/25/2014They did not know we were there, they reported that we were no shows. I ordered Nigiri Sushi, my wife a Sushi roll, grand children fried shrimp and Pho soup. The Nigiri rice was like paste, the rolls we're cover with sauce that was not Japanese, fried shrimp were premade and refried and the Pho soup was served without a spoon. Terrible service terrible food I would never go back.
- Great food and Great serviceDougVIPDined on 6/3/2014Our only disappointment in dining at Papaya is the fact that there are so few others enjoying their food along with us. We don't want them to close and in particular because their food is just great! We had soft shell crabs and I have never had any better prepared. We have enjoyed Papaya many times now and always found the food outstanding and the service just right!Special Features:
- Get the duckmmpmomDined on 3/22/2014The sizzling duck with red curry sauce is not to be missed. Excellent sushi choices also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerBaileys09Dined on 3/14/2014This was me and my husband first time eating there. It was our date night. Overall the food, location and the quietness of the restaurant was on point. The only issue I had was the server was not up to my par. The server forgot to bring out my salad that I ordered. We had ordered our food before other couples had sat down, and they received their food before we did. Not acceptable. The server stated that everyone was ordering tempura that night and the cook wanted to do them all at the same time. NOT ACCEPTABLE. We waited over 20 minutes to receive to orders or sushi, while other tables around us who were seated later, were already eating. I was just dissatisfied with the service of the server. Overall the food and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit, but it willOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/3/2014Our first visit, but it will definitely not be out last. The staff made you feel very welcome when you walked in the door and the service followed right along those lines. The food was simply outstanding. Peppercorn crusted seared tuna (truly sashimi grade) and a spicy sea bass, both served on steamed organic vegetables, were absolutely great. The "strength" of the "spicy" was up to you (I like it hot) and it was right on the money. We're looking forward to the next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicy & SpiceyBayislandcoVIPDined on 12/4/2013Very good Thai food - not too hot unless you ask for Thai Hot and then it's perfect (for us). Service was outstanding and the physical appearance is lovely. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Sizzling duck dish was reallyItzanaVIPDined on 11/23/2013Sizzling duck dish was really excellent. Had great 50% specials on sushi rolls and martinis on the evening we went.
- Great food and great value!DougVIPDined on 8/10/2013Perhaps because it isn't in the historic area of Beaufort, this really fine restaurant doesn't seem to get the crowds it deserves. Food is excellent and portions are generous. Service is timely and friendly. For the money, it is as good as you could want!Special Features:
- Really good food!DougVIPDined on 6/9/2013In spite of being understaffed the night we ate there, the food was really outstanding. Our waitress did her best to handle all the tables but she was alone and so things bogged down a bit at the start. The food more than made up for it! Soft shell crabs, Thai style, were just fabulous! The squid salad will be a regular choice when I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated on arrival, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013Seated on arrival, good service and interesting menu. Had scallops that were pefectly prepared. Enjoyed the evening with friends and would go back .Special Features: