Papaya - Rochester
270 Miracle Mile Drive
Rochester, NY 14623Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
Papaya - Rochester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.papayarochester.com/
- Phone: (585) 272-7425
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 11AM to 11PM
Fri-Sat 11AM to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Tai Truong & Manh Le
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Papaya - Rochester
Papaya restaurant is a sophisticated, casual yet elegant destination for exquistely prepared Southeast Asian cuisine. Whether you are looking for a relaxing evening in the restaurant or perhaps a casual date at the bar, Papaya is the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papaya - Rochester reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Another great business meeting!MannyVIPDined on 10/22/2014Thanks to Tai and Chelsea, for the wonderful dinner, great service and most pleasant hospitality Wednesday evening. It was Martini night so we got off to a good start as well. I highly recommend Papyaya for any dinner plans. The environment is most pleasant and the menu has a wide variety to satisfy any pallet. Papaya is my favorite restaurant in Rochester!Special Features:
- First time visitBillDined on 10/17/2014Tried Papaya on a Friday night...was surprised it was at least half empty. Was seated right away with good service throughout. The Papaya catch was salmon and while I told them to make it spicier, it came out on fire. Server acknowledged that even the chef said it was really hot and offered to take it back. Probably foolishly, I ate it anyway. The salmon was nicely done but I really couldn't taste it over the sauce, which had a nice flavor, even though it was overwhelmed by the heat. My wife's noodle dish tasted ok, but seemed like something you could get at any family Chinese restaurant for a couple of bucks less. The place looks great and I hear the sushi is very good, so I may have to give it a second try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time as good as the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014This was my second visit to Papaya and it gets better every visit. The food is delicious, the servers are attentive and the martinis are STRONG. I strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time dining - perfect againLizzybobVIPDined on 9/12/2014Waited until our 2nd visit before reviewing. Both times were excellent! The drinks are spectacular, and service attentive. The food, while very well priced, is some of the best I've had in the Rochester area. First trip, I had the Thai calamari, and the Butterfish. The calamari was cooked perfectly, and the Butterfish was so good that I was going to order it again (but decided to try something else). Second trip was the Pork Belly appetizer, which if my wife wasn't enjoying her spring rolls so much, she would have eaten all of my app. Had the Pad Se-ew entree, pretty much knowing what to expect since I've had it so many times. Again, this was far better than any I've had before. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Go to good food for a great priceFamleefoodieDined on 9/3/2014Check out half price sushi on Wed nights. The apps are a steal even for full price. We are quickly becoming regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MixfatjackVIPDined on 8/17/2014The menu is a fusion Asian-American cuisine with unusual choices.Special Features:
- second time...BouluvDined on 7/26/2014This was our second time dining. The first time was great! I loved the food, the Miso Salad is amazing!! The server we had this time was not as personable as the last time. There was a party going on so she may have been a little overwhelmed. Nevertheless, great place to dine. I love sitting up on the side where it opens up to outside! I believe its called 14 Hands Riesling...AMAZINGSpecial Features:
- Great food need better locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful bar area--sleek, modern, elegant. Great food - we had the chicken potstickers and hot pepper chicken and sizzling duck. Their regular water is citrus infused--very refreshing. Server was friendly but forgot our tea. We were his last table of the day and he had been there since opening so we didn't remind him. Salsa band (no cover) was a nice touch. We sat on the patio with outdoor patio heater/light pillars-very pretty. There was hardly anyone there, so it is not a hot spot yet. They are trying hard, but the location is a huge downside--they are in a mall and their out door dining over looks a parking lot. Dinner was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Papaya - Rochester reviews archive.
- Pleasant family lunchbzdrDined on 6/28/2014Elegant but relaxed atmosphere. Friendly service, fairly efficient. Food was very good overall. Leave room for dessert. Reasonable price.
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was a wonderful surprise tucked away on the back of the Marketplace mall. Service and Sushi was incredible. I will be coming back to try the regular menu soon. Wednesday is 1/2 off Sushi !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet great foodWeavs85Dined on 6/14/2014Went late on a Saturday night restaurant was very quiet and decor really nice. We had sushi and calamari both of which were amazing. Would deffinetly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Delight in HenriettaeataroundDined on 4/26/2014Contemporary stylish decor with soft lighting provides a unique setting for serving Asian fusion food. The staff is friendly and helpful explaining the selections on the varied menu. Dishes are well-prepared and seasoned nicely. Portions are adequate and plated colorfully. The bar is chic, and could be a great spot for a cocktail with co-workers, friends or family.Special Features:
- Pretty averageOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014Great wonton soup, but the Pad Thai was among the worst I've ever had anywhere. Nice looking interior design.
- Excellent Asian FareCathyFredDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the whole experience. The food was excellent, we tried a variety of offerings and shared with a group of us. The service was also excellent. Started at the bar and had some fabulous drinks first. The decor is beautiful too. It is worth the trip - you forget you are in Marketplace Mall. Try the oysters if you are into that - they were fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Chic and trendy asian fusionAndreaCVIPDined on 2/25/2014Our first visit to Papaya was a pleasant surprise. The ambience is stylish trendy-chic. The food list combines elements from Thailand, China, Vietnam and Japan. There's also an extensive sushi menu. A creative Martini list (mostly fruit-based) and a small but interesting wine list complete the offer. Medium-high prices for Rochester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect...CondutenorVIPDined on 2/22/2014This place is awesome! Great food, excellent service, nice ambience. The sushi was surprisingly some of the best ive ever had! Try "Papaya!" You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Quality FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great, atmosphere was good, high quality finishes. Only downside was the noise acoustics and it being at the mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the MallDiner5Dined on 2/7/2014This is my second visit; on both occasions the food and service were commendable;sushi offerings were adequate;the menus had many Asian fusion choices The restaurant has great decor,the food was served on contemporary designed plates and dishes. The wine list though not exhaustive offers adequate choices to suit one's wallet My guests enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:
- Elegant yet reasonableAllisonDined on 1/15/2014My husband and I tried Papaya because we have heard that the food was very good. When you first walk in its hard to not be taken away by the ambience of the place. It is very trendy and elegant. We started off at the bar for a drink and the martinis were fantastic. The food itself was so tasty and fresh. You could tell that the food was made to order. It had the perfect amount of seasoning and the portion size was great. The crab cakes were out of this world and my husband loved the steak. The chocolate lava cake for dessert was the perfect finish. Needless to say my husband and I will definitely be back for our date night. The best part is that the food is fantastic but the price of the food was very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for the palateDiner5Dined on 1/11/2014Situated along the perimeter of premier mall with easy parking Contemporary decor ,seating and table arrangement Affordable wine list,sushi selections limited Appetizers,entree selections to satisfy most we chose the calamari as appetizer ,shrimp and chicken for entrees and all were tastefully prepared and served in style The waiter was attentive,helpful with choices and returned multiple times to inquire how things were going The bill was surprisingly modest Overall good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- (more) elegant (than) diningbzdrDined on 12/22/2013I was surprised how nice this place is - a standout in the mall: simple and elegant decor, good music, nice people. Service was stylish, but too rusty, especially considering the upper-middle-class nature of the place: sushi was brought before we got our soup, that came without spoon, then edamame without a plate for peel... They corrected all these kindly, though. The exception that they did not correct is that they have no unsweetened ice tea. I can live without that, but they brought sweet tea and charged for it even after I told them I don't want it and did not touch it. Food was good, what you expect at a place like this, no surprises (no good one either).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We started with great mojitos,memeDined on 12/20/2013We started with great mojitos, martinis and sushi rolls. Entrees were perfectly cooked and very tasty. Friendly, fast service. The only disappointment was the berry creme brulee, which wasn't creamy and lacked the crunchy carmelized top. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.