1551 N. Milwaukee
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wwww.papajin.com/
- Phone: 7733849600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM Friday: 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Saturday: 2:00PM - 12:00AM
Sunday: 2:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Papajin
Wicker Park's Papajin offers both Japanese and Chinese favorites on an expansive menu. On the Chinese side, there are sure bets like lemon chicken, mu-shu wraps and signature dishes like twice-cooked crispy duck and fried kung bo fish. On the Japanese end, there's teriyaki, tempura and an array of sushi rolls and pieces (delivered fresh daily from eastern Canada and the northern Pacific). Papajin has an energetic, stylish feel that fits right into the neighborhood, with a clean, elegant decor lit by funky white hanging lamps.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papajin reviews from OpenTable diners
- I think this place is greatNotfoodieheartfoodDined on 5/31/2014I always have a great time going here, and love that they have a sparkling wine on the menu. Great Chinese and sushi menu items for those that aren't huge on sushi, there is always one, in the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food compensated for slow serviceBethMDined on 12/25/2013Really enjoyed the food. However we had to keep flagging down our server to take our order, refill our water and to get our check. The food was good but not consistently hot. They seemed to struggle serving our table of 9. Maybe they handle smaller groups better. I would eat there again though. This time with a smaller party.Special Features:
- Good SushijustfoodDined on 8/31/2013This place was great. I loved the food and the prices were reasonable. The fish was fresh. The staff were friendly, quick, and efficient. No complaints. I will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went in to enjoy a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2013I went in to enjoy a quiet evening by myself and got just that. While I have seen the space busier, Papajin had the perfect ambiance and environment for what I was seeking. The food (sushi) tasted very fresh and non-processed. Service was fast, attentive, yet non intrusive. I didn't feel rushed. Overall, a great spot for a date, solo dining or even a group. They manage to accommodate all these possibilities without one party or the other feeling out of place. Will return!Special Features:
- Perfect for those who likeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2013Perfect for those who like Chinese and Japanese cuisine. My fiance doesn't like Sushi, but I do, so he compromised for me and ate the Chinese cuisine. I am grateful for a restaurant like this. Wonderful...only bad thing is the parking. They don't have valet.Special Features:
- Hello: My friend and I enjoyedElainea49loveDined on 2/21/2013Hello: My friend and I enjoyed the dining experience at Papajin. The food was delicious, service was fabulous and the Ambiance was outstanding. I ordered the Sesame Calamari with Crab Rangoon and my friend ordered the ribs but were not tender - to tough - so the waitress kindly asked if she preferred anything else so she ordered Szechuan Stir-Fry with Shrimp. We topped our night off with a flourless Chocolate Cake and it was so moist and delicious. Thanks Papajin. We will return.Special Features:
- The food is good, some dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013The food is good, some dishes are better than others. The saki didn't stay hot in the lightweight decanter. Also, on the Open Table reservation form, I had requested that the restaurant call me as to whether or not I could bring in a birthday cake. They never called. That said, they did allow me to bring it in, which was nice.
- Service was great. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/17/2011Service was great. We had a big group. Food was good but not necessarily notable. I has sushi and they had some good rolls to choose from.
- I haven't had Papajin sincemelissabmurrayVIPDined on 12/9/2011I haven't had Papajin since I moved out of Wicker Park and miss it like crazy. The chicken fried rice there is unbeatable! The sushi is also pretty delicious. I wish they would deliver to my new neighborhood!Special Features:
- I have been going to thisMellenVIPDined on 9/10/2011I have been going to this place for a long time, now I live much further away but it is always worth making the drive to. Always good, the hustle and bustle of the neighborhood is a bonus.Special Features:
- First time here and I wasVDay2014Dined on 8/1/2011First time here and I was very pleased with the service and the food. We ordered a couple appetizers and entrees and everything was timely. Great decor and spacious. Will definitely go again... then again. :)Special Features:
- Nothing extraordinary, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2011Nothing extraordinary, but good chinese food in the city!Special Features:
- Great food. The sushi menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2011Great food. The sushi menu was a bit pricey for what it was.Special Features:
- Sushi is priced on the lowOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2011Sushi is priced on the low end, but don't expect a lot of fish. Almost all of our rolls were covered in sauces and spicy mayonnaise which isn't really our taste. If you like a lot of "stuff" on your maki, you'll probably enjoy.Special Features:
- ok food. happy to find someplaceSneezeVIPDined on 12/25/2010ok food. happy to find someplace open on xmas. food was very fresh just not outstanding.