Papa Razzi - Wellesley
16 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02181Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi - Wellesley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 7812354747x
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 9:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Dilibero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: As an Italian trattoria, hosting personal gatherings isn’t just what we do, it’s what we love. We welcome your next celebration, outing, or corporate event with enthusiasm and passion. Our dedication to fresh cooking and warm hospitality will put you and your guests at ease, and our private event planner will cover every detail to ensure your occasion is flawless. Papa Razzi in historic Wellesley features a private dining room that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a seated event and 175 guests for a cocktail reception. In addition to our private rooms, we have 2 semi-private rooms available that can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Timothy Devaney 7812354747x
A word from Papa Razzi - Wellesley
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi - Wellesley reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (41)kid-friendly (32)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (17)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (11)romantic (9)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a great meal!CHL12Dined on 10/11/2014The menu is great, and the wine list is worthy of an occasion. Best part of this location is that even when the restaurant is fully seating, it is never noisy and you can always enjoy the conversation at your table. The wait staff maintains a good pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed our brunch dishes (thin-crust pizza with grilled fruit, crepes with mixed fruit), the complimentary bellinis, and the Sicilian limoncello cake -- all were very good, but the pizza was probably the best item. Service was very friendly and attentive. This was a good spot for marking a birthday with a group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableBethDined on 10/1/2014Papa Razzi in Wellesley is a cozy neighborhood restaurant that always delivers consistent food and great service. We split a caprese salad to start (half was just perfect and drizzled just right with balsamic vinegar). My friend ordered a chicken dish and substituted a side of linguini with garlic, and I did the same with the grilled salmon. Our server never hesitated to make the substitution, and we were both really pleased about that, as well as the tremendous amount of garlic! We finished off with espresso. We were catching up and celebrating a birthday, and our server never rushed us along. This restaurant is a favorite of ours- we always know what to expect, and we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Always goodOY123Dined on 9/25/2014Go there all the time - food is always fresh and delicious...have never had a bad meal .... Service is generally good - but can be a little iffy. Wait staff is always nice - but sometimes they are either over worked or a little absent, other times they are very much present.Special Features:
- Great Gluten-Free choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014I always rely on Papa Razzi as a "go to place" when meeting friends. I can safely eat gluten-free with a number of delicious choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 9/13/2014Not the same as it was. New wait staff still learning.Special Features:
- Gluten FreeTedHDined on 9/13/2014They have a separate gluten free menu, and were even able to make one of the specials gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceluv2dineVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was consistent as what you'd expect from this chain, and our service was great. Tiramisu is really something else - highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great for Wednesday night PastasneezemeDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed this restaurant, local favorite, consistent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014I frequent many Papa Razzis. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere positive. On this visit we had a waiter that was less than attentive and abrupt. He appears bored and distracted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having a nice dinnerGrandmasandyDined on 9/5/2014Food was good as always great spot for dining in your neighborhood not totally expensive which is a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed our dinners - the manzo salad is delicious and the kids menu is varied and very reasonable. Our family of four looks forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 8/26/2014Restaurant and menu have changed, not for the better, since the last time we were there. Not a single decent red wine by the glass, including the most expensive. Wines overpriced, in general. Menu OK, but much more limited than before. My dish was delicious (bass stuffed and served over spinach) but the other diners with me were disappointed. We'll probably try it once more, since we've enjoyed the place for years, but if it is similar, that's it.
- Food over cookedZackDined on 8/25/2014I ordered veal scallapini and it looked like it had been cooked and then cooked again and heated up. I should have sent it back, it was appalling, but I know I won't go back so that's it.Special Features:
- New serverDonccpaVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a new server and he was not very well trained. Next time will probably return to the service that is expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAjackDined on 8/24/2014We went for brunch free mimosa with egg dish.The service was very good outdoor patio is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service, over salted foodboredinWellesleyDined on 8/23/2014Food was tasty but after a few bites the over salted pasta was too much. Service was very slow although the restaurant was not crowded.
- Foodie4surefoodie4sureVIPDined on 8/22/2014Reliable consistent very good, however the temperature in the restaurant is too cold and uncomfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good casual UtalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2014Food was great and service was friendly but a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hopeginaDined on 8/8/2014like a lot... the noise level by the 'event room' open for cocktails is very loud.
- Thoughtful but quirky serviceDanTVIPDined on 8/7/2014I recently went to eat here with my wife as I heard they had a gluten free menu. (I notated that I was on a paleo diet when making a reservation). I was brought gluten free bread without asking for it, although I couldn't eat it as I had mentioned I couldn't eat grains, potatoes, dairy, sugar, etc. A manager and server came to listen to my needs and promised to accommodate and we're able to work out one dish that would be okay. Although my plate came out with potatoes on it, they offered to replace it with vegetables and the food was fine. Overall a pretty good meal out on such a strict diet.
- Pasta NightcandygirlDined on 8/6/2014We dined at Paparazzi in Wellesley on Wednesday, August 7th. The server was attentive and very efficient. The food was wonderful; the portion of pasta and pizza was great and the portion of gluten free chicken parmigan and pasta was plentiful. We would recommend this to anyone who needs to follow a gluten free diet; there are numerous choices as well as those who enjoy pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedjrjrDined on 7/29/2014Service was friendly but incompetent. The wrong beers arrived. One salad rather than the two ordered. Still, food was competent as always.
- We're BackBlondieVIPDined on 7/28/2014Mangia Monday promotion is a great deal with $14.99 entrees. We've become regular Monday night customers this summer.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Group BrunchRonnieDined on 7/27/2014We had an enjoyable group Sunday brunch for 18 people. The food was delicious and well prepared, and came out hot. Our waiter (Kadir) was beyond fabulous. Waited the table alone and did a spectacular job with great humor, paying attention to the details such as refilling coffee cups, etc. We all had something quite different and all the orders came out together, and correctly. The decor and ambiance were quite nice. The restaurant is much bigger, and much nicer, than it appears on the outside. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going thru the motions.JennVIPDined on 7/22/2014No one there seems to be trying very hard to make their diners feel that they wish to return anytime soon. The food was mediocre and the service robotic.
- disappointeddiningoneDined on 7/16/2014Ordered the cavatappi with eggplant. The eggplant was burnt and the pasta was very Al dente. Sent the dish back it was corrected a bit but pasta still chewy. Ordered the blood orange martini which was very strong of alcohol and not smooth to drink at all. Atmosphere is very good but would not return due to the poor good quality.
- missing waitressgr13VIPDined on 7/14/2014Several times during our visit, our waitress disappeared for 10-15 mins at a time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good at Wellesley siteAnnieVIPDined on 7/7/2014This Papa Razzi has consistently good food oven many years We prefer driving here rather than dining at the Framingham location where the food has been inconsistent for many years.Special Features:
- WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Took too long to place order from sitdown to actual order with waitressSpecial Features:
- Fourth of JulyLocalVIPDined on 7/4/2014While we dined on the Holiday, the dinner was still nothing special (which was anticipated). The thing that stood out was overall service which was below expectations. One has to expect that working the holiday is going to bring in some potential staffing issues, but the was a manager walking around. No water, no bread, no return to refill drinks and food that did not stand out to bring you back. Have dined here before, so was not expecting anything all that special, just some basics would have helped here. Might just have been the night, but the dinner and experience was not worth the cost.
- Keeps getting betterBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 6/26/2014Really enjoyed the experience (food, drink,service & ambiance). Been to this restaurant several times and it never disappoints. Even though it was busy, we were able to dine at our own pace. Hope to be. ck soon!Special Features:
- Perfect Meal, A/C Needs Fixing!RealtorMomVIPDined on 6/25/2014Wow, we were a party of five, and we ALL had WONDERFUL dinners tonight! Honestly, we'd stopped going to Papa Razzi (Framingham) because the food had become horrible - mostly the lack of coordination from the kitchen, getting orders wrong, over-cooking orders, constantly having to send half of our meals back... But tonight we were so impressed that we made reservations to come back again before we left! Our only complaint was that it was terribly warm in the restaurant, and they told us the A/C was working at capacity. We're hoping they will fix this before summer gets any hotter!I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible experienceLikaDined on 6/25/2014We were waiting for waitress to get the order for 30 min. it looked like all the stuff ignored our table.We came to celebrate birthday...but had horrible experience.Never again to Papa Razzi - Wellesley.
- BobBDined on 6/22/2014veal parm was too salty and undercooked. slow baked chicken , lemon, spinach too salty oil and garlic pasta was excellent , probably because it was not preppedSpecial Features:
- The following 505 reviews are from the Papa Razzi - Wellesley reviews archive.
- Outstanding service.GfdinerDined on 6/20/2014As a person with celiac disease, eating gluten free is not a fashionable option for me but a necessity. I have to say that Papparazzi is probably the best at making sure I am safe...and the food is excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch is greatCarlTDined on 6/15/2014The Sunday brunch at Paparazzi is a real bargain. You can order from the regular menu but the brunch menu has some great items and they are all reasonably priced. The bonus is a bellini or mimosa which is included in the brunch menu.Special Features:
- CrowdedFamilyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had a large table with a reservation and were shoved in a table that didn't really fit. What is the point of a reservation if they are going to shove you in between tables. Service was slow and red gnocchi and spaghetti sauce was not very good. White creme sauce and brownie sundae were great.
- Terrific Gluten-Free MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2014I had my first veal parmesan in 25 years since being diagnosed with celiac disease. What a treat! Papa Razzi has been a reliable restaurant for those of us who need to eat gluten-free. Thank you!Special Features:
- Not as flexible as once wasPickyButReasonableDined on 6/12/2014Paparazzi is no longer a 'scratch' kitchen - we were told by our waitress because the new owners found inconsistencies. What this means is that much of the food is pre mixed or prepared, and you can't ask for exceptions - e.g. can't ask for the bolognese sauce without the pancetta. The pancetta, even when 'pre-cooked' in the sauce, isn't browned first, and ends up being fatty hunks in the sauce. This used to be my favorite restaurant, but the trouble I had ordering pasta in a red sauce with mushrooms and sausage (because what is on the menu includes smoked mozzarella) caused such an uproar that I don't want to go back.