Papa Razzi - Wellesley
16 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02181Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi - Wellesley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 7812354747x
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 9:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Dilibero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: As an Italian trattoria, hosting personal gatherings isn’t just what we do, it’s what we love. We welcome your next celebration, outing, or corporate event with enthusiasm and passion. Our dedication to fresh cooking and warm hospitality will put you and your guests at ease, and our private event planner will cover every detail to ensure your occasion is flawless. Papa Razzi in historic Wellesley features a private dining room that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a seated event and 175 guests for a cocktail reception. In addition to our private rooms, we have 2 semi-private rooms available that can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Timothy Devaney 7812354747x
A word from Papa Razzi - Wellesley
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi - Wellesley reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (28)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (24)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (12)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very good casual UtalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2014Food was great and service was friendly but a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hopeginaDined on 8/8/2014like a lot... the noise level by the 'event room' open for cocktails is very loud.
- Thoughtful but quirky serviceDanTVIPDined on 8/7/2014I recently went to eat here with my wife as I heard they had a gluten free menu. (I notated that I was on a paleo diet when making a reservation). I was brought gluten free bread without asking for it, although I couldn't eat it as I had mentioned I couldn't eat grains, potatoes, dairy, sugar, etc. A manager and server came to listen to my needs and promised to accommodate and we're able to work out one dish that would be okay. Although my plate came out with potatoes on it, they offered to replace it with vegetables and the food was fine. Overall a pretty good meal out on such a strict diet.
- Pasta NightcandygirlDined on 8/6/2014We dined at Paparazzi in Wellesley on Wednesday, August 7th. The server was attentive and very efficient. The food was wonderful; the portion of pasta and pizza was great and the portion of gluten free chicken parmigan and pasta was plentiful. We would recommend this to anyone who needs to follow a gluten free diet; there are numerous choices as well as those who enjoy pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedjrjrDined on 7/29/2014Service was friendly but incompetent. The wrong beers arrived. One salad rather than the two ordered. Still, food was competent as always.
- We're BackBlondieVIPDined on 7/28/2014Mangia Monday promotion is a great deal with $14.99 entrees. We've become regular Monday night customers this summer.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Group BrunchRonnieDined on 7/27/2014We had an enjoyable group Sunday brunch for 18 people. The food was delicious and well prepared, and came out hot. Our waiter (Kadir) was beyond fabulous. Waited the table alone and did a spectacular job with great humor, paying attention to the details such as refilling coffee cups, etc. We all had something quite different and all the orders came out together, and correctly. The decor and ambiance were quite nice. The restaurant is much bigger, and much nicer, than it appears on the outside. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going thru the motions.JennVIPDined on 7/22/2014No one there seems to be trying very hard to make their diners feel that they wish to return anytime soon. The food was mediocre and the service robotic.
- disappointeddiningoneDined on 7/16/2014Ordered the cavatappi with eggplant. The eggplant was burnt and the pasta was very Al dente. Sent the dish back it was corrected a bit but pasta still chewy. Ordered the blood orange martini which was very strong of alcohol and not smooth to drink at all. Atmosphere is very good but would not return due to the poor good quality.
- missing waitressgr13VIPDined on 7/14/2014Several times during our visit, our waitress disappeared for 10-15 mins at a time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Took too long to place order from sitdown to actual order with waitressSpecial Features:
- Fourth of JulyLocalVIPDined on 7/4/2014While we dined on the Holiday, the dinner was still nothing special (which was anticipated). The thing that stood out was overall service which was below expectations. One has to expect that working the holiday is going to bring in some potential staffing issues, but the was a manager walking around. No water, no bread, no return to refill drinks and food that did not stand out to bring you back. Have dined here before, so was not expecting anything all that special, just some basics would have helped here. Might just have been the night, but the dinner and experience was not worth the cost.
- Keeps getting betterBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 6/26/2014Really enjoyed the experience (food, drink,service & ambiance). Been to this restaurant several times and it never disappoints. Even though it was busy, we were able to dine at our own pace. Hope to be. ck soon!Special Features:
- Perfect Meal, A/C Needs Fixing!RealtorMomVIPDined on 6/25/2014Wow, we were a party of five, and we ALL had WONDERFUL dinners tonight! Honestly, we'd stopped going to Papa Razzi (Framingham) because the food had become horrible - mostly the lack of coordination from the kitchen, getting orders wrong, over-cooking orders, constantly having to send half of our meals back... But tonight we were so impressed that we made reservations to come back again before we left! Our only complaint was that it was terribly warm in the restaurant, and they told us the A/C was working at capacity. We're hoping they will fix this before summer gets any hotter!I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible experienceLikaDined on 6/25/2014We were waiting for waitress to get the order for 30 min. it looked like all the stuff ignored our table.We came to celebrate birthday...but had horrible experience.Never again to Papa Razzi - Wellesley.
- BobBDined on 6/22/2014veal parm was too salty and undercooked. slow baked chicken , lemon, spinach too salty oil and garlic pasta was excellent , probably because it was not preppedSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service.GfdinerDined on 6/20/2014As a person with celiac disease, eating gluten free is not a fashionable option for me but a necessity. I have to say that Papparazzi is probably the best at making sure I am safe...and the food is excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch is greatCarlTDined on 6/15/2014The Sunday brunch at Paparazzi is a real bargain. You can order from the regular menu but the brunch menu has some great items and they are all reasonably priced. The bonus is a bellini or mimosa which is included in the brunch menu.Special Features:
- CrowdedFamilyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had a large table with a reservation and were shoved in a table that didn't really fit. What is the point of a reservation if they are going to shove you in between tables. Service was slow and red gnocchi and spaghetti sauce was not very good. White creme sauce and brownie sundae were great.
- Terrific Gluten-Free MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2014I had my first veal parmesan in 25 years since being diagnosed with celiac disease. What a treat! Papa Razzi has been a reliable restaurant for those of us who need to eat gluten-free. Thank you!Special Features:
- Not as flexible as once wasPickyButReasonableDined on 6/12/2014Paparazzi is no longer a 'scratch' kitchen - we were told by our waitress because the new owners found inconsistencies. What this means is that much of the food is pre mixed or prepared, and you can't ask for exceptions - e.g. can't ask for the bolognese sauce without the pancetta. The pancetta, even when 'pre-cooked' in the sauce, isn't browned first, and ends up being fatty hunks in the sauce. This used to be my favorite restaurant, but the trouble I had ordering pasta in a red sauce with mushrooms and sausage (because what is on the menu includes smoked mozzarella) caused such an uproar that I don't want to go back.
- Suits range of palatesMannophoneVIPDined on 6/12/2014My 75-80 yr old parents, my 6 year old and I had delicious dinners, super service and delightful ambience at Paparazzi last week. Menu choices abound, execution was very well done in service and taste. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2014have eaten here for lunch, dinner, and also take out. Bread sticks and foccacia bread wonderful. Salads wonderful, along with pasta. service wonderful. Enjoy this location, and will come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food here...JonfromtheBurbsDined on 6/11/2014I have been here dozens of times over the years, (and the one in Burlington, MA, too). Usually for a birthday or some other kind of celebration. The food, service, ambiance and drinks never disappoint!Special Features:
- This is a good PapparazziAnnieVIPDined on 6/10/2014We always feel the food is more consistently better than the food at the one in Framingham. Had the chicken catchetore special- very goodSpecial Features:
- BillBillDined on 6/3/2014The veal parmagiana was absolutely sensational. I told the manager how good it was.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meeting spot, good foodsbf1972Dined on 6/3/2014Food is always consistent. Great meeting spot for after work dinner. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, locationAdventurer21Dined on 5/30/2014We were accommodated as a small group of six as requested in a private area in the back of the restaurant near the large fireplace. Everyone food was excellent. Wine and beer selection were excellent. Service was perfect. The restaurant was full on Friday nite so I would suggest reservations. Parking is limited but across Washington Street the is a large lot. It was our 40th reunion from Boston a College and we had a memorable dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointingDinerguyDined on 5/30/2014We made a reservation and were placed right next to the kitchen entrance when the rest of the place wasnt even full, ordered off the gluten free menu and 3 of us went home with an upset stomach probably because the food wasn't cooked enough, I've been going to papa razzi for years and a bene member this was by far the worst experience I have had, go to the other locations
- GretaDined on 5/24/2014I have been going to Papa Razzi's in Wellesley for years and have always enjoyed the food, ambience and service. This visit was not up to par with past visits. I'd heard that the restaurant was under new management, and I hope that it will be back up to past standards soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014food is good for lunch; they have very good pastas. Bread is always good.Special Features:
- Would like to try again!Melrosegirl49Dined on 5/19/2014Beautiful place, and super busy for lunch on a Monday. So busy, that we had to ask our waiter for water. He never checked on us after that until he dropped off the bill - not even asking if we wanted coffee or dessert. I did ask him for coffee and he told us he would brew a fresh pot which was nice. We did ask the Mgr. why such poor /non-existance service and he said they only had 4 waiters that day. Now I could understand a little better but where was he during the rush? He could have certainly circulated and asked if we needed anything. I don't blame our waiter , I blame the mgmt and thus not sure I would recommend going for dinner if they have problems serving a lunch crowd.
- Mother's Day disappointmentEmilyLewisDined on 5/11/2014I made reservation for Mother's Day, 6 p.m. We were seated in the bar area which was disappointing, and our server was not of the quality I am used to having at Paparazzi. Come often for brunch and the server on Mother's day, while adequate, was not as attentive. Combined with the bar area seating, a bit disappointing for this mother!Special Features:
- nicer restaurant good with kidsDoctorDDined on 5/11/2014We go to PapaRazzi in Wellesley every year on mother's day. It is one of the few restaurants that has a nice table cloth and good food that is kid friendly. this year the service was not good however, never got drinks refilled, bread refilled. it took a long time to even get the check at the end and the restaurant was not that crowded. we have had good service in the past so not sure if this is just an isolated incident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Amazing food and excellent service!! Worth every penny...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Dayangel640Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mother for mothers day. The staff was great and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch=success!BeccaDined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation for Mother's Day for a group of 6 and it was very enjoyable! I loved having our party at a round table in the corner of the restaurant so everyone can look and speak to each other; it made it much easier. The grilled tomato and spinach benedict was delicious and the fresh squeezed oranges in the mimosas were a perfect touch :) I will definitely come back again soon. Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed MenuSamiDined on 5/9/2014We visited one of our favorite neighborhood places - only to discover that changes had been made to the menu. We were disappointed with the changes. Butter is no longer served with the breadsticks - and rather than the delivery of fresh-from-the-oven focaccia bread, it is now in a basket on the table (and wasn't very warm). Also one of my favorites, the lobster ravioli, is no longer on the menu - having been replaced with a lobster tortelloni. While the flavor was the same, the pasta on this new dish was hard in the middle. My husband enjoyed his Penne Con Pollo - and we shared a nice bottle of wine. While the food was still good, we were not impressed with the changes and are giving the restaurant fewer stars than we have in the past.Special Features:
- The following 483 reviews are from the Papa Razzi - Wellesley reviews archive.
- Change not a good oneCarolVIPDined on 4/20/2014I have been going to Papa Razzi for over 12 years and always look forward to it ...until now. The chain has switched hands and there are major changes in the restaurant. The menu is now cardboard with no specials, the classic's are no longer available making options much less. The food quality also has gone downhill. I got the veal and it was like a piece of wood. Unfortunately, there is a lot of competition for Italian restaurants and I have seen the end of my visits to Papa Razzi.
- Good neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014We always enjoy going to Papa Razzi. I have a favorite chicken dish and at 6:00 they were already out of it which was a disappointment. But, I found something else to order so I was happy. They have great salads!Special Features: