Papa Razzi - Framingham
155 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi - Framingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 5088482300x
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 9:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Dilibero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: As an Italian trattoria, hosting personal gatherings isn’t just what we do, it’s what we love. We welcome your next celebration, outing, or corporate event with enthusiasm and passion. Our dedication to fresh cooking and warm hospitality will put you and your guests at ease, and our private event planner will cover every detail to ensure your occasion is flawless. Our state of the art private dining room can accommodate up to 45 guests for a seated dinner or buffet and 30 guests for a business meeting. Visit our website to learn more about private event opportunities.
A word from Papa Razzi - Framingham
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi - Framingham reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)special occasion (21)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always FabulousGlutenFreeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Whether you have gluten allergy or not the food is alwyas great. My nephew, who also has Celiac disease, and my husband both had Penne Con Pollo - naturaly my nephew was gluten free. The pasta was as good as regular - the Misto Salad was also outstanding and my husband loved his Caesar Salad. I'm addicted to their gluten free pizza. We had a fabulous waitress - very attentive. Their martinis are also my favorite! there. I've never had a bad meal - I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very good. We were a party of four and we all had very good dinners. The pasta bolognese was delicious as was the special of osso bucco. One of us had the salmon and she said it was delicious. I had the pollo al forno and as always it was great. We dine at Papa Razzi often and always have a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting FriendsAcrossAmericaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good local meeting place ! Friendly service, good food, good wine list! Adult audienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableJoPatDined on 8/8/2014The food is always consistent one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/4/2014I had never been in this Papa Razzi and was surprised how nice it was. The decor was very modern and up to date. The food was very good and we had great waitstaffSpecial Features:
- ToughtopleaseDined on 8/1/2014It was our waitress' first night on the job, I think, and she really did not know what she was doing. Food is always mediocre. Had the grilled jumbo shrimp for $24 and all I got on my plate were 4 shrimp, some greens and what was supposed to be polenta. Better to stick with pasta here-I should have learned my lesson last time when I ordered salmon.
- Consistently very goodLoukewarmDined on 7/28/2014Once again our small group (3) dined out at Papa Razzi in Framingham. We are ALWAYS pleased with the food and the service there which is why we continue to return. Our waitperson was very pleasant and attentive without being annoying. That's a plus and a talent. We'll be back !!Special Features:
- So BummedHungryCoupleDined on 7/26/2014Second disappointing visit this summer; i rarely write reviews. This was our go to place for a wonderful family meal. Our server was helpful but the food delivery was so slow. Also the usually large bowl of soup is now a cup size! Soup was acceptable but not excellent, They ran outta Veal we ordered at 7pm on Saturday? So ordered the bolognese dinner ,asked for a little bit more sauce given that we wanted a protein meal. The entry ended up with even less meat sauce than I would have expected before asking. The chicken with broccoli over pasta was over cooked almost nuked so tough that unable to chew the meat. rather than complain and embarrass the staff and our guest, . ...maybe just the Framingham restaurant is poorly managed.Special Features:
- Excellent ManagerBruceDined on 7/25/2014My wife has recently developed some food sensitivities. The staff, particularly the manager was wonderful at making recommendations and offering to revise recipies as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy at its best!serioustravelerDined on 7/11/2014Papa Razzi in Framingham (please note location; others are not as good) is a comfortable place to enjoy a delicious and leisurely eaten dinner. Our server realized that we were two old pals getting caught up and didn't rush us. She also offered half portions of the giant salads so that she we'd have room for our dinner. I had a delightful, properly cooked Pollo Alla Valdostana. It was a generous serving of hot (temperature-wise) melted cheese, prosciutto, mushrooms and chicken. My linguine arrived as I had requested: with olive oil and garlic. It was not overcooked. Our wines were served cold and tasted wonderful with the meal. It was a real treat. For a chain restaurant, you can't do better for Italian food cooked to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceRenataDined on 6/25/2014The atmosphere was welcoming and comfortable. The staff pleasant, willing to please and helpful with questions. As the evening wore on, the noise level was high...to my dismay. The food presentation made my mouth water, but the pasta was a little tough, but it was flavorful.
- Better When You Go Off PeakOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/24/2014Had some gift cards I needed to use up so went early, before the crowds. There was one large party in the private room that seemingly slowed down our meal. Our excellent waiter apologized for us having to wait so long for our apps. The food just doesn't present a good value... too expensive for the quality of what they present. Our meal was better than the previous visit... but now no compelling reason to return.
- Great food, Great servicelookingfortreatsDined on 6/16/2014We have been here before and it's my husband's favorite restaurant. Made reservations for our anniversary and couldn't be happier with the service and food. Every time we've been here we have had great servers, knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. Beautiful space, delicious food and drinks, friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, similar servicenomsDined on 6/15/2014A main reason we chose this place was for their extensive gluten free menu. However, that only helps of they bring out the right food! Despite the manager double-checking, they still made the wrong gluten-free meal (which the did graciously take off the bill). Of the four dishes, only one was worth eating. Everything else was something you could get from a carryout place. Mine wasn't even hot, as though they'd finished it 20 minutes before everything else and left it on the warmer. There were several people involved with our table, and none took ownership of making the food right. In one word, I'd say this place is fine, but not worth the money.
- Noisy!JOHNVIPDined on 6/13/2014We were seated at a table pretty much in the center of the place and the noise made it difficult to have a conversation. Food is just not very impressive. All 4 diners at our table had nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- On the DeclineOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/13/2014What happened to this once reliable spot? One used to be able to count on Papa Razzi for a nice meal... not any more. Our last visit will be our last. Mediocre food on par with school dining hall food and poor service provided by a novice college crew is rounded out by a maddening noise level... and way overpriced for the privilege. Cost cutting is apparent in the quality of the food. Sad to see what's happened here.
- SueandjackDined on 6/6/2014No prices for glasses of wine only bottles had pricesSpecial Features:
- First ClassFirstclassDined on 5/31/2014We've had dinner at Papa Razzi Framingham a number of times and each time was as good as the previous. To me dinner is a celebration to be enjoyed with good food, good wine and great friends, Papa Razzi provides the good food and good wine, that's all one can ask for. The prices for both the meal and wine are reasonable and the food is very well prepared. My only negative comment is the noise level which is a bit to high. I certainly feel with a quieter atmosphere Papa Razzi would surpass any restaurants on the "Golden Mile" or for that matter in the Metrowest area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014Very good service as usual. Food is always served perfectly. Good value. Large portions enou to take some home.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerRuffRonyDined on 5/16/2014Excellent food and service. Wait staff was pleasant. Very accomodating for a very special birthday.Special Features:
- A Great Dining ExperienceBeckyJeanDined on 5/11/2014When we arrived for our reservation we were seated right away. The table was beautifully set. Service was very good. We ordered and enjoyed the bruschetta and a caprese salad while we waited for our entrees. Good fresh tomatoes, plenty of fresh mozarella, basil, etc. Great flavors. The lobster filled pasta with creamy cognac sauce was especially outstanding. The portion sizes were just right. We shared desserts and coffee afterward, a lovely ending to a truly great meal. Papa Razzi did not disappoint in any way!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014The kitchen was busy so there was a delay in our meals. Our waiter gave us regular updates, kept checking to see if we needed anything else and aplogized profusely each time. It was all very transparent. He was outstanding.Special Features:
- Not the sameCarolVIPDined on 5/9/2014Papa Razzi has been a favorite for years and years but since the recent change in ownership and management it won't survive. The menu is limited and even their classic's like Bolognese had scant sauce and had no flavor. Someone had the veal piccatta and it was like eating cardboard. We had to call our waiter over three times to get service and the restaurant was half full. Going out for dinner? Choose anyone else but Papa Razzi!
- DisappointingFoodie28VIPDined on 5/9/2014We are frequent diners at this Papa Razzi location but our last visit left a poor taste in our mouths. After being seated promptly (thanks OpenTable) and greeted by our waiter, we ordered our meals and waited almost 50 minutes to be served! Our food arrived with no waiter in site. My dish, a special that evening, was bland and cold only I could not order anything else because we did not see our waiter again for another 30 minutes. I was forced to order a to-go meal and was not even asked why my meal had barely been touched. No offer to exchange it, nothing! At 7 months pregnant, and starving, I was extremely unimpressed by the lack of service and quality of the food, which we usually quite enjoy. A very disappointing visit to say the least.Special Features:
- not a great value for pricenrtrlnrtrlDined on 5/8/2014Service was extremely slow. Quality of food was mediocre. Much better Italian restaurants available with faster service and better food quality and flavour.
- DeliveredTheAtrainEatsDined on 5/3/2014My son is a fanatic of steak. Being his 18th birthday I did not want to disappoint him. There is only one choice on the menu, but my son kept commenting on how amazing the cut was and that even at well done it was melting in his mouth. Overall the food was very good, I had the gnocchi and it did not disappoint. Desserts were also very good, the gelato really is for two, and the mascarpone was delectable. Our server attentive. Nice overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 415 reviews are from the Papa Razzi - Framingham reviews archive.
- Always a great choice!Cece13Dined on 4/24/2014This un-chain-like restaurant is consistently great and always a top choice either in town or in the suburbs. Every once in a while they'll change an item on the menu, but if you'd like it your way (the old way), they're extremely accommodating. The staff is extraordinarily pleasant and attentive, yet not overbearing. We'll be back before long.Special Features:
- DorDorDined on 4/19/2014Food was very good service was slow and the noise level is very high, but it was a Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!GastronomerDined on 4/19/2014Service was outstanding. All of the dishes were excellently prepared. I was looking for comfort food from a fantastic selection of dishes fit for an Italian foodie. Found it! The Gnocchi were awesome. The atmosphere feels elegant starting at the greeting station yet we were comfortable in casual clothing. I often recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian specialities - gluten freeradiantfloorsDined on 4/4/2014They have a pretty good gluten free menu. It's a bit pricey, but way more reasonable for lunch. Very good service!Special Features:
- BuonoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/22/2014We went with 4 people who hadn't ever been, everyone was pleased and surprised that it was as good as it was ! The menu has been recently updated and they have good selections - Saturday nights they offer oso buco which is my personal favorite. Definitely happy faces after dinner.
- Average ExperienceChristineab147VIPDined on 3/22/2014Usually I am blown away with the service and food at Papa Razzi. Our server was friendly, but he forgot my drink until he was reminded half way thru our service. He told us that our appetizers and entrees would have to come out at the same time, because the kitchen was very busy. That's a new one. They ended up coming out 10 minutes apart. They did change the menu and my favorite tortellini mushroom dish is gone, but I will be back to try some of the new entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaPJBleakneyDined on 3/19/2014not wanting to settle, I chose our dinner at Papa Razzi. Thinking outside the box was not too hard as it is near to our house. Thankfully it was not a problem in parking nor waiting for a table (Thank you Open Table) the opening Cesar salad was nice indeed and had a great lead up to my pasta dinner. My dinner companions had different choices as one wanted chicken Parmesan and the other chose to have veal. both were quite happy with their choices and the infusion of the fresh bread put our bellies into a stuffed mode. One diner had a chanti and the other had a soft white wine with dinner and both were quite satisfied with their choices. Leftovers a plenty. Once again, Razzi did not disappoint!Special Features:
- pappa razziDan3525Dined on 3/7/2014great place with very good food and prices. always a good pickSpecial Features:
- Gluten-free a highlightHowieSSVIPDined on 3/5/2014My friend has to eat gluten-free and Papa Razzi offered just what he wanted and the manager came over to ensure all was right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLynnDined on 2/24/2014We had never been to Papa Razzi before, but we'd heard good things. This was where we chose to have our 25th wedding anniversary dinner, just the two of us. And, we were very pleased with our decision. The atmosphere was romantic and the food was delicious. The waitress was attentive. It was just a little noisy, but otherwise absolutely perfect! We would definitely recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rickrickDined on 2/22/2014While the food is very good, it is very expensive for the portion size, especially for an Italian restaurant. We don't often go to this restaurant because we find it expensive and very load but we had a couple of gift cards we needed to use. My wife order two lemon based chicken dishes, each time the waiter came back and said they were out. Supposedly everything is made to order and yet they were out of two of their staple dishes on a Saturday at 7:30. The waiter was at a loss to explain it. If you decide to go, sit in their their little function room as it will cut down on the noise level which is very loud in the main dining area. Also make reservations and expect to wait.Special Features:
- disappointedbobgDined on 2/22/2014Sat. reservation for 4 was for 7pm...got there at 6:45 had to wait until 7:20... when time to order waitress informed that chicken picata not available (one member of party had planned on that)...when we ordered, 2 of party ordered the sat night special (osso boca) which she informed us that it was gone!! hard to believe something they promote as a nightly special was gone by 7:30! Food came after very long wait (other diners had ordered, ate and were gone by the time ours arrived)..cold risotto had to be sent back on two dishes..one dish came with missing side. Overall very bad experience...manager did comp two dinners but did not make up for the poor food and service.
- Perfect timingarusso1986Dined on 2/21/2014On a Friday night thirty minutes before closing perfection with my girlfriend in my birthday attentive service great food and poetry much had the request to ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining at a Papaa3pakmomDined on 2/21/2014First time dining at a Papa Razzi. Will definitely be a return guest. Table was roomy and clean. Very hospitable greeter at front of restaurant and server was knowledgable and attentive. Chicken Parm was a very large serving. Saved enough for a second meal. Risotto Funghi was good but a bit bland. Panzanella salad was very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.