Papa Razzi - Framingham
155 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi - Framingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 5088482300x
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 9:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Dilibero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: As an Italian trattoria, hosting personal gatherings isn’t just what we do, it’s what we love. We welcome your next celebration, outing, or corporate event with enthusiasm and passion. Our dedication to fresh cooking and warm hospitality will put you and your guests at ease, and our private event planner will cover every detail to ensure your occasion is flawless. Our state of the art private dining room can accommodate up to 45 guests for a seated dinner or buffet and 30 guests for a business meeting. Visit our website to learn more about private event opportunities.
A word from Papa Razzi - Framingham
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi - Framingham reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (18)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014We expected a quiet, late Sunday evening dinner about 8pm. Instead, we had to endure a group of about 10 at a nearby table with 3 toddlers, including one that was allowed to scream (roughly every 5 minutes) and run around the restuarant (roughly every 10 minutes). The primary responsibility was to the parents, but management was unprepared to handle a group that behaved as though they were at a playground. It will take some time before we return. Food was otherwise excellent as usual, but the noise triggered a migraine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had a 7:00 dinner reservation for 4 and arrived and seated on time. Our server greeted us before our other friends arrived, introduced himself and asked if we wanted drinks while we waited. He returned promptly after our friends arrived to get our drink orders and checked back frequently until we were ready to order. We definitely wanted to have a leisurely evening and he was perfectly accommodating. Our food was absolutely delicious from the salad to the dessert and the service was just as good. I would definitely recommend Papa Razzi to anyone who enjoys great Italian food!!Special Features:
- Fun casual place with decent foodAndreaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Server was great though a little overwhelmed with some hiccups at our table with a spilled entree. She took care of everything with a smile. Food wasn't spectacular but the chicken piccata was great. Great place to go last minute with friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/21/2014They did not have any of their Tuesday night special at 6:30 in the evening. That is unacceptable.
- Good Food - Loud CrowdMumsedsoVIPDined on 10/21/2014Papa Razzi is solid, dependable food but the bar scene/crowd is just too loud for my tastes - even on an early weekday evening. If you're looking for quiet conversation choose another spot, but if you're here for decent food at reasonable prices then take seat, order a glass of wine and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationKcm27ntkDined on 10/17/2014Food was good. Waitress was miserable so that but a little damper on the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceDineMoreCookLessDined on 10/17/2014My wife & I both ordered the Lobster Fra diavolo special to later find out that it was no longer available. Oh well, it happens. We got our menus back and ordered something else. Meanwhile, our side house salads came, which were just a bowl of lettuce with some tomato wedges. A manager did come over and apologize for the special and offered a replacement for the salad. We graciously declined but then realized that we were hungry and were never offered any bread. We flagged our waitress down and asked her to bring us some bread, which was delicious. Our meals were average, not bad. The sautéed chicken in my wife's Penne Con Pollo was very good. We declined a free dessert offer and they did take some things off our bill.
- What happened?DinealotDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant has really gone downhill. The server did not know the specials so she sent someone else to tell us. That server told us one special. Later we heard a server at another table talking in detail about three specials. Ordered a salad with dressing on the side. It came fully dressed. Sent it back, then I got a plate of very wilted lettuce. Asked server how to pronounce the entree I wanted. She had no idea. The table was not cleared of the salads before the entrees and the runners didn't know what to do. Two out of the four meals were extremely bland. Overall, so disappointed in this restaurant. Will not go back.
- A nice night outkbjmh04Dined on 10/12/2014It's not often that my wife and I get out to dinner alone without kids, so when we do have the chance we always make sure we pick some place we think we will really enjoy. I've been to a Papa Razzi a few times before so I had some idea what to expect, but not at this location. The restaurant was nicely appointed with attentive hostesses who took us right to a table. Our waitress was very pleasant, but lacked any personality to get to engage with us any further than the business at hand. But to her credit, she did everything right and made our meal enjoyable. The food was delicious and plentiful. If you aren't a large meal eater, they will split an order for you to share, which worked out great for us. We will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cuisine, enjoyable eveningRJG29Dined on 10/11/2014We dined at Papa Razzi in Framingham over the weekend, and have been there five or six times. The food is delicious, and the menu is enticing. This time, my wife had the salmon and I had the Chicken Valdastano. We both enjoyed are meals which were cooked to perfection. At the outset, our server forgot about our table, and kep us waiting for more than ten minutes. However, once we brought that to the Manager's attention, he immediately comped us delicious salds, and was very, very apologetic. I get the impression that such mixups are the exception, rather than rule. Otherwise, the service was fine. I recommend Papa Razzi in Framingham, especially for those who love Itailian cuisine. We plan to return.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Our daughter requested Papa Razzi for her 17th birthday dinner. Went with daughter, hubby, son and girlfriend. The waiter, Alex P., was very knowledgeable, pleasant and attentive (but not overly so). I am gluten free (not by choice) and their menu selections were varied and I was easily accommodated. I had booked via OpenTable and did not tell my daughter I told them it was her bday. They provided her dessert with a candle, which we appreciated. Bar scene looked fun so hubby and I returned for a Friday night date and sat in the bar near the windows. Had a very, very pleasant evening and the gluten free pizza was awesome. Would certainly recommend and will return.Special Features:
- DeniseDined on 10/10/2014Delicious salad and the chicken piccata and asparagus risotto were excellent. We shared Tiramisu and Lemon-cello cake. Both were delicious, but the cake was an extremely small piece. The tiramisu was a good size portion. Our waitress was wonderful; however, it seems that the wait staff is told to clear as soon as you're possibly done. We felt a bit rushed. I'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodFarpointDined on 10/8/2014Yes, It's Italian, but it's not just red sauce. The food is always good - particularly the Gallo al Forno, which is outstanding. It can get noisy (we were seated not far from a very loud and large party, but, hey, this is an Italian place!), but you won't be disappointed. If you've not been, go. Once you do, you'll return - we're not quite regulars, but close.Special Features:
- Why Change What Was Working?MaxwellsFanVIPDined on 10/4/2014New menu, all new wait staff and higher prices. This is not what I was expecting to find at my last visit to Papa Razzi. I knew that things would change with new ownership (like frequent diner perks), but why change things after over a year of new ownership? Even more shocking than the change in the menu, the inexperienced wait staff really threw me for a curve. Experienced and savvy staff who knew the menu, the ingredients and could rattle off the daily specials by memory are hard to come by. I got none of this at Papa Razzi Framingham. Don't know if I'll be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dining, very consistentSadiesmomDined on 10/3/2014For family dining, Paparazzi is one of the better chains around. Food is always good quality and well prepared and the kid selections are real food -- not chicken fingers and hot dogs. Very good salads, pastas, risotto, meat and chicken dishes. Gnocci are great. Good wine selection.Special Features:
- Old faithfulraystaDined on 9/26/2014Great service and excellent food. The pasta is always cooked perfectly. There is always 2 managers who are on top of everything and on this evening we even had one of the corporate directors walking around and making sure that everything was perfect. I am always amazed at the quality of the service. Having lived in Europe for several years where most restaurants have professional wait staff, I would put this very young group up against he best anytime. This is my favorite place to eat when my family asks, "Where should we have dinner?"Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Good FoodDoughboyVIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I ate here for the second time and each time found it excellent. The service is really good and the food is prepared as described. The accommodate you want pasta vs potato or a different vegetable. It is a very nice restaurant.Special Features:
- It was okglittorgirlDined on 9/13/2014PROS: For a busy restaurant all of our food came out rather quickly. CONS:Our server was nice, but didn't tell us about any dinner specials (We found out there were dinner specials because another server was telling her table). The food looked good on the menu, but was too salty to eat.Special Features:
- Nice, quiet dinnercarlsgalDined on 9/9/2014There were 4 of us in our party, and we were celebrating 2 birthdays. So thoughtful of the restaurant to give 2 free desserts--totally unexpected! Dinner was excellent, great waiter. We'll be back there again. Next time, we'll try the brunch.Special Features:
- Sadly service was terribleMeriDined on 9/8/2014The food was delicious. We waited 20 minutes for soda and never saw our waitress after meal was ordered until the bill was dropped off at table. Very nice waitress but awful service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014Always can trust that you will have a good meal. They usually have one or two additions to the menu and excellent salad choices.
- Reliable ItalianAndreiaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Haven't been to Papa Razzi in years and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I had read some mediocre reviews so wasn't sure what to expect. It depends on the location apparently and Framingham was pretty good...near Shoppers World and Natick Mall, plenty of parking, open space dining area and delicious food. I know some reviews complained about price to portion size, but I thought it was just perfect. I don't go to Italian restaurants expecting to bring home leftovers. Portions were just right and I prefer quality over quantity any waysSpecial Features:
- Great for Work GatheringDivaDinerDined on 8/27/2014Food is decent, haven't had a bad meal there yet. Staff is accommodating, especially for large groups. I like going there with the office crowd. Food is always the same, meaning, they aim to please. Menu isn't too complicated. If you want a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs or a nice salmon, they have it all there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealSusanSVIPDined on 8/23/2014Papparazzi has a nice menu and good service. Our entrees were wonderful but we had to send my husband's minestrone soup back because it was too peppery. The waitress was professional and gracious and immediately removed the soup from our bill. We visit this restaurant regularly and find the food enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FabulousGlutenFreeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Whether you have gluten allergy or not the food is alwyas great. My nephew, who also has Celiac disease, and my husband both had Penne Con Pollo - naturaly my nephew was gluten free. The pasta was as good as regular - the Misto Salad was also outstanding and my husband loved his Caesar Salad. I'm addicted to their gluten free pizza. We had a fabulous waitress - very attentive. Their martinis are also my favorite! there. I've never had a bad meal - I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very good. We were a party of four and we all had very good dinners. The pasta bolognese was delicious as was the special of osso bucco. One of us had the salmon and she said it was delicious. I had the pollo al forno and as always it was great. We dine at Papa Razzi often and always have a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting FriendsAcrossAmericaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good local meeting place ! Friendly service, good food, good wine list! Adult audienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableJoPatVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food is always consistent one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/4/2014I had never been in this Papa Razzi and was surprised how nice it was. The decor was very modern and up to date. The food was very good and we had great waitstaffSpecial Features:
- ToughtopleaseVIPDined on 8/1/2014It was our waitress' first night on the job, I think, and she really did not know what she was doing. Food is always mediocre. Had the grilled jumbo shrimp for $24 and all I got on my plate were 4 shrimp, some greens and what was supposed to be polenta. Better to stick with pasta here-I should have learned my lesson last time when I ordered salmon.
- Consistently very goodLoukewarmDined on 7/28/2014Once again our small group (3) dined out at Papa Razzi in Framingham. We are ALWAYS pleased with the food and the service there which is why we continue to return. Our waitperson was very pleasant and attentive without being annoying. That's a plus and a talent. We'll be back !!Special Features:
- So BummedHungryCoupleDined on 7/26/2014Second disappointing visit this summer; i rarely write reviews. This was our go to place for a wonderful family meal. Our server was helpful but the food delivery was so slow. Also the usually large bowl of soup is now a cup size! Soup was acceptable but not excellent, They ran outta Veal we ordered at 7pm on Saturday? So ordered the bolognese dinner ,asked for a little bit more sauce given that we wanted a protein meal. The entry ended up with even less meat sauce than I would have expected before asking. The chicken with broccoli over pasta was over cooked almost nuked so tough that unable to chew the meat. rather than complain and embarrass the staff and our guest, . ...maybe just the Framingham restaurant is poorly managed.Special Features:
- Excellent ManagerBruceDined on 7/25/2014My wife has recently developed some food sensitivities. The staff, particularly the manager was wonderful at making recommendations and offering to revise recipies as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy at its best!serioustravelerDined on 7/11/2014Papa Razzi in Framingham (please note location; others are not as good) is a comfortable place to enjoy a delicious and leisurely eaten dinner. Our server realized that we were two old pals getting caught up and didn't rush us. She also offered half portions of the giant salads so that she we'd have room for our dinner. I had a delightful, properly cooked Pollo Alla Valdostana. It was a generous serving of hot (temperature-wise) melted cheese, prosciutto, mushrooms and chicken. My linguine arrived as I had requested: with olive oil and garlic. It was not overcooked. Our wines were served cold and tasted wonderful with the meal. It was a real treat. For a chain restaurant, you can't do better for Italian food cooked to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 431 reviews are from the Papa Razzi - Framingham reviews archive.
- Nice ambianceRenataDined on 6/25/2014The atmosphere was welcoming and comfortable. The staff pleasant, willing to please and helpful with questions. As the evening wore on, the noise level was high...to my dismay. The food presentation made my mouth water, but the pasta was a little tough, but it was flavorful.
- Better When You Go Off PeakOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/24/2014Had some gift cards I needed to use up so went early, before the crowds. There was one large party in the private room that seemingly slowed down our meal. Our excellent waiter apologized for us having to wait so long for our apps. The food just doesn't present a good value... too expensive for the quality of what they present. Our meal was better than the previous visit... but now no compelling reason to return.
- Great food, Great servicelookingfortreatsDined on 6/16/2014We have been here before and it's my husband's favorite restaurant. Made reservations for our anniversary and couldn't be happier with the service and food. Every time we've been here we have had great servers, knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. Beautiful space, delicious food and drinks, friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, similar servicenomsDined on 6/15/2014A main reason we chose this place was for their extensive gluten free menu. However, that only helps of they bring out the right food! Despite the manager double-checking, they still made the wrong gluten-free meal (which the did graciously take off the bill). Of the four dishes, only one was worth eating. Everything else was something you could get from a carryout place. Mine wasn't even hot, as though they'd finished it 20 minutes before everything else and left it on the warmer. There were several people involved with our table, and none took ownership of making the food right. In one word, I'd say this place is fine, but not worth the money.
- Noisy!JOHNVIPDined on 6/13/2014We were seated at a table pretty much in the center of the place and the noise made it difficult to have a conversation. Food is just not very impressive. All 4 diners at our table had nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- On the DeclineOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/13/2014What happened to this once reliable spot? One used to be able to count on Papa Razzi for a nice meal... not any more. Our last visit will be our last. Mediocre food on par with school dining hall food and poor service provided by a novice college crew is rounded out by a maddening noise level... and way overpriced for the privilege. Cost cutting is apparent in the quality of the food. Sad to see what's happened here.