1 Paparazzi Way
Cranston, RI 02920Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: (401) 942-2900
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 9:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Christmas Eve Lunch: 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year's Eve: Regular Business hours
New Year's Day: 11:30AM to 8:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Papa Razzi-Cranston
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Papa Razzi-Cranston - Best Restaurants in Cranston ›
Papa Razzi-Cranston reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (23)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (19)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- luveatingout1Dined on 11/14/2014We've been going to Papa Razzi/Cranston for over 10 years. Always excellent food and service. Consistent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FanciNanciVIPDined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The food was hit and the wine good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatsader1970Dined on 11/8/2014Went with the small but extended family for dinner. Service was very good but not outstanding. Food was the same. Nice but nothing special.Special Features:
- LimeyLimeyDined on 11/7/2014First time at your restaurant, very very nice friends and I were very impressed with service and meal.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014This is a nice restaurant, with all the ambiance of a five-star restaurant, but with much more affordable prices. The cuisine is excellent, and they have a lot of interesting choices on the menu to help make them stand out as one of my favorite places to dine in the area. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes not for the betterCarbWineDessertDivaDined on 10/24/2014Been coming to Papa Razzi since opening in GC. Always a favorite, for a good dinner or a salad and focaccia. Being a bread addict, new recipe for focaccia rates low on my scale. The bread has lost its flavor and texture. Please put the potato back into the dough. Tiny bowls of Olive Oil replacing the on table bottles of spicy delicious oil is a no no. Risotto was not creamy, as in the past. Ivory Coast Cabernet was smooth. Pumpkin Gelato yummy. Service slow and no sign of a manager checking in. Best of night was original staff "Robert" came to the table to greet us. Will return as it's always been a favorite. Love the patio in the summer, with a glass of wine an antipasto and hopefully a return of the original focaccia!Special Features:
- Slipped a bit recentlyjamesVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have been to Papa Razzi a few times and found it to be good and reasonable. For whatever reason, it just did not seem as good as I remembered and expensive. The waiter raved about the Gallo al Forno, described as slow-roasted lemon-garlic all-natural chicken, herb-roasted red bliss potatoes, garlic, wilted spinach, so I tried it. It was just roast chicken, the same as you find at any supermarket, with just barely roasted potatoes and spinach. that seems to have been steamed and had very little flavor. This was over twice the price of a whole market roast chicken. My companion ordered Ravioli al Pomodoro which as a modest portion that she said was OK but nothing special and, again, seemed expensive for what you got.Special Features:
- Always good....MADLDined on 9/29/2014Always enjoy our time there- the food, service and atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- mostd discouraging dining everlove2eatDined on 9/27/2014I had exactly three medium size shrimp in my pasta and shrimp dish. Sauce would be better if it were from a jar of Cianci marinara. Seriously, do people actually dine here on a regular basis?If so no wonder the city is filled with grumpy people. I left there still hungry for good food. My dining partner's appearance of ordered pizza was disgusting looking with ground bits of sausage and a tan color to the sauce, paper thin pizza that easily should have been replaced by frozen pizza from any market frozen food aisle. Salad was amazingly fresh, crisp, and pleasant to the taste .Bread was pretty good but had to ask for more. The wine was decent but expensive. I will never return and wished someone had warned me about this establishment.Special Features:
- JerryBDined on 9/20/2014I like the atmosphere. The food is good, but the portions are small for what you pay. Drinks are pricey as well.
- wonderful as alwaysReviewDined on 9/19/2014Consistently good experience - great food - fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- always impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014We visit several times each year, and always enjoy fresh, creative specials and excellent personable service. Recommended.Special Features:
- Decent foodGfManDined on 9/12/2014I have been to the boston location on several occasions and the good/service have been fantastic. I wish this were also true in Cranston. The food was decent except for the gluten-free pizza, which I would not recommend to anyone but at least they're trying!Special Features:
- Delicious foodluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time to this restaurant. The food was delicious, sangria was out of this world. Our waitress was warm and did a great job.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014I thought it was way over-priced and the service wasn't all that great. Every time we go here, I feel like I'm being rushed.
- Good food for a good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014In comparison the prices aren't that bad and the food is really good.
- ReviewDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful meal. Accommodated my friends gluten issues. Waitress, Samantha, is always our special request!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This will be our place...thomandnancyDined on 8/5/2014We met at Papa Razzi for the first time on 8/5/2013 and knew right away we had met that someone special. Papa Razzi cranston will be our spot every year on August 5th. We enjoyed fond memories as we dined on perfectly prepared Cod. The free dessert offered to us in honor of our anniversary was a very special touch. Thank you for a very special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ambience, food - not sureThemanwithnonameDined on 8/2/2014The dining room is a decent size and has a nice open feel. We had a dinner reservation, and it was comfortably lit for a night time meal. Our server was very personable, and came by as often as needed. The bread service was very good. I had a mushroom risotto, which was very good. My wife had a gluten- free chicken Parmesan, which I tried, and it was good for a gluten- free dish, though the chicken was burnt on the underside. Overall, it was a good experience, and I'd go back to give the food another try.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Papa Razzi-Cranston reviews archive.
- Outdoor dining- lovely summer nightMrsMDined on 7/29/2014Our group of 4 chose to eat outside on a lovely summer evening! Though the table was small for our party, we managed well. Our appetizers: Caesar salad, minestrone, and eggplant rolatini were wonderful! Dinner: salmon and chicken piccata were very good. Two of us ordered the same entrée: chicken scallopini. Unfortunately, it was deep fried, which was a surprise, and having been pounded so thin, was drastically overcooked. After informing our server, she relayed the message to the manager, Jack, who came to our table, very apologetic. He compped us our appetizers and made sure we were satisfied with everything else. This was the first time we were dissatisfied with our meals, so we will return. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinningmasterVIPDined on 7/25/2014Nice place for alfresco dining. Gluten free pizza isn't the best. However, at least they offer it. Entrees were much better. On a nice evening this is perfect, and very close to the gazebo (if it is a night with scheduled entertainment). We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, solid foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Our first experience at Paparazzi was a good one. The servers were attentive, and the food was not extraordinary, but very tasty. Too many Italian restaurants overwhelm with portion size—my husband and I got pasta dishes that we could easily finish (a good thing in my book). The bolognese could have been more authentic (touch more cream, a glimpse of carrots, not only a meat sauce), and I was happy with the vongole, although it was a bit salty (although some was due to the briny clams). Prices were reasonable. We would gladly go back.Special Features:
- Summer dining promotionsHartsdaleDined on 7/21/2014Papa Razzi restaurants never disappoints. We had dinner reservations to celebrate my Mother's birthday in RI and were pleasantly surprised to learn that on Mangia Mondays any entree is offered for $15.99. Food was delicious and service very attentive. We wish that Papa Razzi would re-open where we live in Westchester County, NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceJGRIDined on 7/18/2014Have been a few times. Food and service has always been good. Food comes out quickly which is good if you don't like to wait but if you are not in a hurry you may want to wait a little while to order if you want to enjoy a drink for a little while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesHighStandardsDined on 7/12/2014We have gone to paparazzi for years. Their food and service is continuously excellent. Recently my wife became sensitive to gluten. Paparazzi is one of few restaurants that has a gluten-free menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shortage of Eggplant?cranstongourmandVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife ordered Cavatappi Affumicati. She couldn't find the eggplant. However, the dish was loaded with bland tomatoes.Special Features:
- Good Food.. Service was offswafluffyDined on 7/12/2014Seated right away, outside. Waited.. waited… finally drink order given.. drinks came.. NO setups, No water and NO bread.. had to ask .. just an OFF night for our wait staff.. not a bad meal at all and would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and Nice PortionsDoughboyVIPDined on 6/30/2014We went here with a couple of friends for lunch and it was very good. The service was excellent and the portions were very large. They have a combination of tables to accommodate different size parties. There is outdoor seating in nice weather.Special Features:
- Not impressedSorelyDisappointedDined on 6/27/2014Considering I had asked for a table for four to be reserved even though we were a party of 2, the reservation should have been available but instead we were given a two-seated. Prices are much to expensive for the quality of and the amount of food given. I would most likely not choose this place to go to again. This was the first and possibly my last time. Also, the waitress came back saying my credit card was declined. When I got home I went online to find out that my credit card was just as I had expected FINE with plenty of room for a $19 charge so did she try to put in $1900??? Who knows but definitely not impressed with the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Service was good. I had steak, which was very fatty.Special Features:
- Good Food, Fun, and ServiceJanaBeeDined on 5/23/2014We love Pappa Razzi! Except for one new problem for us: My husband and I have been going to Pappa Razzi for years to have our favorite dish, their Spaghetti a la Bolognese. We returned last night to find someone has tampered with the recipe. Terribly disappointing for us, food-wise. It is just not the same. But our service was, as usual, excellent and so was the ambiance. Just fix that recipe and we'll be totally satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonDined on 5/10/2014Panzanella salad was fair. Pricey for not much foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to return to this restaurantRoseyDined on 5/10/2014This was my third visit to PapaRazzi. It is a very spacious, clean restaurant. The food is good and imaginative. The restaurant has gluten-free offerings, but you will have to ask for that menu. This is a perfect restaurant to visit if you have other plans for the evening. You will be able to make it to the theatre, etc. If we were staying later, I would like to order appetizers, which looked delicious and maybe stayed for a drink after dinner as well. A customer loyalty card is offered as well, although it was not mentioned on Saturday's visit, and we had forgotten ours anyway. No problem, though.Special Features:
- Busy NightsusanDined on 5/9/2014I have been to PapaRazzi several times and returned to celebrate an early Mother's Day. It was a very busy night. The food was good, not what I remember from past visits. Our service was good also, but was often lax at times. I will return because I have always had an excellent experience in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RWHoggbhockeyVIPDined on 4/30/2014This was a disappointing visit, and I say that only because our visits in the past have always been great. It started with my not being able to order my favorite drink because they had no cucumber, not even in the kitchen. How can a restaurant not have a single cucumber? Though the restaurant wasn't very busy we had to wait constantly for our server to come back. And, I could hear him just over the wall talking to other servers. That doesn't mean that we won't return. Papa Razzi has quickly become one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeclickmatchDined on 4/26/2014I really like the food here and their infused olive oil is fantastic as is the focaccia they serve it with. I've not encountered a menu item I haven't liked in the dozen or so times I've been there (over 10+ years) and always look forward to eating there. The staff is always helpful and considerate. In fact this past visit I had ordered an expresso martini and it was the dark type and had wanted a different version, which they replaced without another thought. (It's the ultimate espresso martini, and it's awesome).Special Features:
- 1st visitSteveDined on 4/21/2014We enjoyed our stuffed eggplant appetizer and Chicken Parmesan dinner. The staff was pleasant and friendly. We were suprised no sides like a salad or soup were not included with the entray. Looking forward to our next visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch was deliciousReviewDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful brunch specials - and fantastic service - another great experience - "in my own backyard"!Special Features:
- Consistently greatMVKMOMDined on 4/18/2014Food is consistently good. Great classic entrees with some new ones added. Best chicken parm and piccata everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food had a burn odorKennyHollyVIPDined on 4/17/2014We have always had a great dining experience at Papa Razzi. This was the first time the food was not that good. The chicken, veal and vegetables all had the odor and underlying taste of being burnt. It was like it was cooking in the kitchen while something else was burning and the smoke got into all of the food. Dissapointing, but we will return and hopefully this was a one-time thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.