768 Elm Street
Concord, MA 01742Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: (978) 371-0030
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 10:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Christmas Eve Lunch: 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year's Eve: Regular Business hours
New Year's Day: 11:30AM to 8:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Chef G. Andrade
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: As an Italian trattoria, hosting personal gatherings isn’t just what we do, it’s what we love. We welcome your next celebration, outing, or corporate event with enthusiasm and passion. Our dedication to fresh cooking and warm hospitality will put you and your guests at ease, and our private event planner will cover every detail to ensure your occasion is flawless. Nestled in the back of the restaurant, our private dining room can accommodate up to 60 seated guests or 100 for a cocktail reception. Our personal event coordinator is happy to customize our space and menu to perfectly fit your special occasion.
A word from Papa Razzi-Concord
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi-Concord reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (46)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (23)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (12)romantic (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- lavabDined on 11/21/2014My wife and I have probably eaten at Papa Razzi-Concord more than 200 times in past 24 years. We tend to go there because it is predictable and relatively efficient. This last time we brought people from out of town for dinner at 7:00 PM on a Friday night. Our waiter/waitress did not offer the specials and I suspect it was because they were out of them early. Caesar salad was better than on recent trips. We do not eat meat but do enjoy seafood and vegetarian options. I would like to see more of these on the menu. Pastas are our usual orders and they are good but unimaginative--it would be great to offer some pasta specials with seasonal vegetables/fish and some spice. we will continue to go to Pappa Razzi but would really appreciate it if some life could be breathed into the menu. Also sometimes we are told there is a loyalty program and we get points--however most of the time we are never asked about it.....does it exist?I would recommend this to a friend.
- pure taste of italygillyDined on 11/21/2014being there gave me a flashback of being back in Italy. the food was so good I cant wait to go back again when i'am in the area. really love the fireplace just a romantic place to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst meal I've had there.tedtedowskiVIPDined on 11/16/2014The special pasta I ordered was stuck together and was not good. I've eaten there many times and usually the food is fine but this time was a disappointment.
- New Management Continues to DisappointFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/13/2014The new management at Papa Razzi has done a great job of marginalizing a once-fantastic restaurant. The waiter (who gave us fantastic service) did an amazing job of describing the special - which was a veal cutlet rolled around spinach and cheese over creamy polenta. I almost ordered it, but thankfully I ordered a salad with grilled shrimp (which was delicious). My wife had the special. It was really very marginal. The meat was tough and the dish was relatively bland. In the old days, that dish would have been spectacular. The manager of this particular restaurant has gone out of his way to make us feel welcomed. For that we are thankful. Unfortunately, his hands must be tied somewhat by the new management as things just aren't as good as they used to be. Oh well.Special Features:
- Met expectations, good spottilidameDined on 11/10/2014Party of 6, made it 7 when we checked in. They had no problem accommodating the extra person. The ambiance was really comfortable as its a big room - well suited for a large party. Service was very good. Food was very good. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 11/8/2014It is altogether too noisy and I would come again.
- mike5269Dined on 11/8/2014Fun and delicious Italian eatery. Get a booth and make reservations on a weekend night and you can't go wrong....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Papa Razzi has changed ownership a few times, but now they seem to have a renewed focus and a caring experienced staff. The menu needs some updating and while everything is made to order the portions sizes varies from day to day and the prices are a little on the higher side for the portion sizes. Special items which tend to be hand made in the specific location were OK but very small and pricy, especially for specialty pasta dishes ( lets face it pasta has a very low cost and should be served in an abundant quantity). This has the potential to become more of a regular dining spot with some minor changes to the menu (freshen up some of the offerings) and lower some prices to provide more reasonable priced items. Very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pappa Razzi ConcordkjbwDined on 11/7/2014The best thing about Pappa Razzi in Concord is that the staff is always helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The food is reliably good and the service always prompt. It's just a nice place to dine with friends and family. There are no surprises, unpleasant or otherwise.Special Features:
- DisappointmentPastaNutDined on 11/7/2014I have been going to Papa Razzi in other locations for many years and the bolognese sauce couldn't be topped. This time the sauce was over spiced and not authentic. One of my dining mates was also disappointed in the orrecciette with sausage and rabe for the same reason, over-spicing. The wait staff was especially helpful and friendly, so the night wasn't a disaster, but we didn't stay for dessert for fear of more disappointment.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent dinner. Only issue was that it was noisy because of 2 other tables nearby.Special Features:
- MehCaerusDined on 11/1/2014Overpriced, good effort but terribly slow service, warm ambiance, decent food, conveniently located for gatherings. Oh, to avoid further disappointment, know this. The risotto is never right.Special Features:
- Always excellentjolyeDined on 10/30/2014From the fresh hot focaccia and handmade bread sticks to the large healthy salads, amazingly delicious entrees, to the mouth watering desserts, we couldn't be happier with our choice every time we visit Papa Razzi. We particularly like the Concord location. The staff is friendly, efficient and respectful.Special Features:
- A Mostly Good ExperiencemarsviewDined on 10/25/2014Altogether I would recommend this restaurant. My son and I enjoyed our meals: the fillets, and the Pollo allavaldo Stana.Both were well prepared and tasty. My husband was not happy with his order, which was lobster-filled Tortollini, because the pasta was undercooked, it was expensive and didn't even include a vegetable or a side salad. definitely not worth the money we paid. We also ordered the antipasto, which was overpriced considering how small a portion it was and how it didn't include that many interesting items. I was very glad that they took reservations because we didn't have to wait and got a very nice table. The service was pretty good. Their dining card helps you get discounts on future meals, which was helpful to us.Special Features:
- Ok for the suburbsgoodfoodgoodserviceVIPDined on 10/25/2014Papa Razzi usually serves consistently decent food though nothing spectacular. Our waitress was wonderful but the hostess was awful. Food was fine though the tiramisu tasted suspiciously like cream cheese.
- So soLorettaDined on 10/24/2014Went on a Friday night and it was busy; however, we were seated a little early. Waiter / wait staff was attentive and very good. Food was average - steak was requested medium-rare; but came medium-well. Not a show stopper; but...same with a couple chicken dishes - tasty, but overdone. Fish (salmon) was done as requested. Wait staff brings the rating up to compensate for the food preparation.
- Great dining experiencecbsullyDined on 10/18/2014Had a great time for a nice dinner with friends. We weren't rushed which was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and dealBrewstaBoyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Slowish and clunky service notwithstanding, we had a wonderful meal on a "mangia Monday," in which every entree is $15.99 and every first (with purchase of entree) is $7.99. Excellent white four-cheese pizza, and very good and well-prepared steak, and a lovely antipasto plate. Only the shrimp dish was a little unsatisfying - just too little shrimp on the plate, even if four jumbo shrimp are standard for this kind of meal. It was well made, but nothing special to be honest. In all, an exceptional deal and really enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in ConcordDMBWalthamDined on 10/12/2014A group of 12 of us went to Papa Razzi in Concord last Sunday. It was a loud and busy night, but we were seated in a quiet back room, which we appreciated. We had meals ranging from pasta to fish and all were excellent. The waiter (Derek) was efficient, friendly and very patient with us (As a former waiter, I know that groups can be demanding!). The only disappointment was the bruschetta appetizer. Usually, it's just tomatoes on toast, whereas this was more like a tomato salad, with mozzarella and vinaigrette dressing. I'm not blaming the restaurant, as the menu description was exactly what we got. But this was a very small bump in an otherwise delicious and delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- Convenient in ConcordRCW946VIPDined on 10/3/2014Even though I heard this is a chain, we were delighted with the friendly service and very good food. We here traveling in the area, staying at a close by hotel, and needed somewhere to eat a nice meal on our last night in the Boston area. Papa Razzi fit the bill. Stacy our server was fast and efficient and the food was served in not overwhelming proportions. We totally enjoyed our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!gastonDined on 9/23/2014It used to be a very good place with food prepared to order. Our meal was clearly prepared beforehand and then reheated and was barely edible. Service was spotty and slow. We don't intend to return.
- Wonderful12VegasDined on 9/23/2014We always make sure to visit this place while visiting Concord. The staff is always kind and professional. The food has never been a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicelovetoeatVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have been here many times before but this is the first time the service was so bad. Our salads came our pretty quickly but then we had to wait 25-30 min for our entrees. Our waiter was surprised that it was taking so long and when he checked they sent over a manager type who said it would be another 5-7 minutes as the kitchen was swamped. Think we will wait to try again as this was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningIdgothereagainDined on 9/15/2014My friends and I happened to go to Papa Razzi's on a Monday night recently. We were happy to find that every entree on the menu was around $16 that evening. I had the salmon with arugula and beets which was delicious. I intended to save half of it for lunch the next day but it didn't make it into the doggie bag! My friends both had a steak dish and salads which they thought were very tasty. I brought lasagna home for my husband. He said it was a bit on the salty side.Special Features:
- trenchermanDined on 9/9/2014A very competent Italian restaurant, featuring all kinds of pasta dishes, Papa Razzi seems always to draw a crowd. I like their grilled jumbo shrimp dish.Special Features:
- Super Noisy - Group in Dining RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Our family of 3 with 11 year old ate and left. The noise level was unbearable in the dining room--worse than being in the bar area. There was a large group that evening that we wished had dined in a function room.Special Features:
- Vegetarian :(Linda1954VIPDined on 9/3/2014I liked the old Papa Razzi much much more. Very limited vegetarian options. There used to be much more to choose from and they used to be much more flexible in giving you what you want.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014It was a nice night out. Service was great and food was great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchlocalpatronDined on 9/1/2014Try the brunch! We enjoyed a wonderful 87th birthday celebration over a delicious brunch on Labor Day Monday. It was quiet, the food was delicious and reasonably priced including a mimosa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made us waitacpatelDined on 8/29/2014I understand crowds and business, but we had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time. Otherwise, food was pretty good. Busy and noisy.
- NNckDined on 8/26/2014Our dinner was on a Tuesday night at 7:30. Delicious food, with very polished, excellent service. Unfortunately, we were seated in a big room with high ceilings. It was very busy - an indication of the popularity of the place - but the acoustics made it difficult to hear the others in our party at our round table of six. Next time, I will inquire about a quieter location for my large party.Special Features:
- LOVELY OPTION IN CONCORDLoveThatVIPDined on 8/26/2014Although it's a chain, I must say that the meals we order here are consistently delicious. Great service, tasty food and we don't have great options for Italian out here. I can't say I'd opt for this over the North End, but it's a good option for something local.
- AveragemangiaDined on 8/19/2014The menu looks promising but the execution fails. Panzanella is just a decent salad with some fresh(!) lumps of bread. Gnocchi drown in way-way much of tomato sauce, which is much too sour - one can only taste that sourness. Decent wine list.
- Very Nice Evening!1ActonMomDined on 8/19/2014Yummy lobster stuffed pasta in a cream sauce!!! Loved it!Special Features:
- Too coldSJaddouDined on 8/17/2014Everything was good except that I felt like I walked into a fridge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local chain restaurantrockdocsteveVIPDined on 8/8/2014I don't usually like to go to chain restaurants, but this one in Concord is the exception to my rule. Everyone from the front desk host to the waiter AND the manager made our visit here very enjoyable. We came with a Living Social offer and we were treated extremely well. The salads are HUGE and can easily be shared (and probably should be @ $7-8:50). The entrees are generously portioned and very tasty. We enjoyed our visit and will definitely return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Dinner Service, but Great FoodHdhejVIPDined on 8/3/2014The dinner took forever to come out today and it was an early dinner. The food was great and we were not in a rush, so everything was okay. The kitchen and wait staff were not in sync today. Mom ordered gluten free rolls that showed up 30 minutes after we ordered. Then came 2 more! I had the swordfish special with a risotto cake. THe meals tend to lack veggies, so I ordered asparagus on the side and that came right away.
- best salad specialApaolinoDined on 7/31/2014delicious special of the day Spinach salad with grilled peaches, I added a side of grilled salmon - DELICIOUS!!Special Features:
- BISCOTTIAregularVIPDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant has it all, ALMOST; Great service; great food; great Managers, BUT, NO BISCOTTI! How can you achieve true GREATNESS with out a good offering of great BISCOTTI????????Special Features:
- The following 285 reviews are from the Papa Razzi-Concord reviews archive.
- Luv2doWIneVIPDined on 7/24/2014Excellent Italian food in Concord. Service was fabulous and waitress made accommodations on our food creations. Highly recommend. Fresh food prepared to order. We will be returning :)I would recommend this to a friend.