Papa Razzi - Burlington
Two Wall Street
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi - Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 7812290100x
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 9:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Feldman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our complete menu is available for Takeout or Grande Style. Grande Style is 3x the portion of each menu item. Let us cater your next office lunch, party or special event. Please call Wendy at 781.229.0100 or email:
- Private Party Facilities: As an Italian trattoria, hosting personal gatherings isn’t just what we do, it’s what we love. We welcome your next celebration, outing, or corporate event with enthusiasm and passion. Our dedication to fresh cooking and warm hospitality will put you and your guests at ease, and our private event planner will cover every detail to ensure your occasion is flawless. Papa Razzi Burlington provides a variety of options to host your next private event. For al fresco dining, our outdoor patio can seat up to 125 guests. We also reserve the second floor of our restaurant for personal gatherings, with two rooms that can accommodate up to 100 seated guests or 140 for a cocktail party. Our private event coordinator will work with you to decide which fit is right for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Feener 781-229-0100x
A word from Papa Razzi - Burlington
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (30)special occasion (25)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (18)romantic (14)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Terrible serviceCocoandoverDined on 9/13/2014Food okay, good drinks ....awful service. Really nothing more to addSpecial Features:
- Melrosegirl49Dined on 9/12/2014We dine here as it's very close to our office and a great after work place. We normally sit at the bar and order some appetizers which are great to share and they do have a great wine list. Having dinner, the food is inconsistant which is a little disapointing. The service staff is terrific and we have a wonderful waitress last Friday night, Karen. We will continue to go there but maybe just sit at the bar.Special Features:
- SnarferSnarferDined on 9/6/2014An Italian-theme restaurant with an extensive wine list, that doesn't serve sangria? Inexcusable. The salmon was excellent. The waitress was not very friendly. Her name tag should have said "Curt".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The service was AWFUL. The food was good- Our waiter was missing throughout the whole meal. He upcharged me for a glass of wine when I asked him for the cheaper one. When we brought this to his attention on the bill, he basically called myself and my boyfriend liars. One of the managers pretty much waited on our table the whole night because the waiter was gone. Although the food was good, the service was awful and I don't know if I would ever be back. And this is not my first time at a Papa Razzi. The others are great. Also at the end of the meal we tried to pay with a visa gift card and the waiter chased us out like we were stiffing the bill and had us stand in front of the whole restaurant. Embarrassing and rude.Special Features:
- Off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014We booked a table for 7:30 then through a combination of errors ( including the server forgetting to put in our drink order) waited 30 minutes for a glass of wine to start things off. That was very frustrating. Pretty long wait for food, also. The food itself was really good though. I think - and hope - it was a rare night off on service. I have always had good service at other Pappa a Razzi locations.
- Good, but slowLuv2brunchDined on 9/5/2014The service was good, waitress was willing to split 15 checks. However, the food took a long time to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful meal on the quiet deck on a beautiful Saturday evening. Food was great and our server (Amanda) was excellent! We hope for another perfect late summer weekend evening soon for a repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupLCD912Dined on 8/27/2014This a great place for a group since there is something for everyone and there is a large dining room.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The service was terrible. It took way too long to get our food and after we did we didn't see our waitress again. We actually had to go up to the host and ask for our check without ever being asked how our food was or any dessert offers, despite the many open tables and many servers standing around. Throughout the meal the idea of just walking out appealed to me more and more. The food was okay but definitely not worth the long wait and terrible service.
- Brunch with out of state friendsChefman1220Dined on 8/24/2014Overall I was very impressed. Being a chef I appreciated and enjoyed the menu. It had some different combinations that one would not necessarily immediately think of. The service was great and the breakfast pizza was to die for. All 5 in my party were thoroughly impressed and the pricing was spot on. The only drawback is the "one person at a time bathrooms". Luckily we were there at opening, if not I can see that being an issue with a full dining room and deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upcoming RenoJm99VIPDined on 8/23/2014The Burlington location is a neighborhood staple. Consistent and always a great experience. It is about to undergo a complete transformation inside and out promising to become a real contender in this competitive market. Stay tuned and check it out in the Spring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Papa Razzi is still one of my favorite places to enjoy a nice evening with great food, wine, and friends. The service is always warm and genuine, the food is always fresh and prepared to our liking. The offered wines are always delicious. This is a solid spot to enjoy a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Usually we have great service. This time Jessica was in such a rush that it affected the whole dinner. While the food was great, and Jessica was prompt with refills, my dad kept getting soda water instead of the tonic (as in gin and tonic) water he asked for-- twice. When we were first sat and looking over the menus, maybe 3 minutes after we'd been seated and our drink order were brought, we were discussing what appetizers to get, and Jessica turned around from where she was addressing the other (cramped next to us) table to ask if we were ready to order appetizers. My dad asked if she was in a rush, and she said she wasn't. She didn't come back for 15 (!!!) minutes. Service was perfunctory the rest of the night. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014For the first time ever, I had a less than stellar meal. I had the oriechette pasta dish. Broccoli rabe was impossible to cut with a knife. The sausage was ground up so fine, you could barely find any. The fried mozarella starter though was very very good. I will go back again but definitely order a different pasta dish!Special Features:
- consistencynelmVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are always extremely pleased with the food and service at Papa Razzi, Burlington.
- Service left much to be desiredNancyDrewDined on 8/16/2014I think the waitress forgot about us numerous times..after finishing eating very slowly, we waited about an hour before asking someone to bring us our waitress. Then we got our dessert menus and waited 30 minutes before she came to take our dessert menu. Then dessert took another 45 minutes...for one apple crisp, which was presented as a much and clearly not right away because the gelato was half melted on top. Worst service I have ever had, will not be recommending.Special Features:
- Fun delicious evening had by allA1GatheringDined on 8/16/2014A group of us get together a few time/year to eat, drink and talk. The night was perfect for outdoor dining on their deck. The food was wonderful and the waitress and staff were terrific. We were never rushed or kicked out which I cannot say for other restaurants in the area. It is our favorite restaurant for our gatherings especially our summer one. I highly recommend Papa Razzi in Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerSuzyQDined on 8/8/2014Went there for my birthday. It is a very classy looking place. Both young and older people would really like it here. Great ambiance. The service was great and a lot to choose from on the menu. The waiter had to come back three times as we could not make up our mind as to what we wanted to order. The food was great. We would def go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must VisitDarJarDined on 7/30/2014A group of us meet here a few times a year. Always a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceStaceyDined on 7/26/2014Great ambiance, pretty place, yummy bread and breadsticks; someone in our party has an allergy and was very specific with requirements pertaining to prepping the food to avoid the allergens. The waitress hardly listened, and it seemed that she wouldn't be able to correctly describe the specific requirements. When the food came out, it was completely wrong and they needed to remake it. They remade it well, but it came out correctly about 20 min later, when everyone else's food was partially gone or cold. One other person's dish was not made well. Dining room was empty, for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I just wanted to say this was my first time dining here and it was great! I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was nice too. I would definitely come back! Thank you. :)Special Features:
- nelmVIPDined on 7/19/2014Papa Razzi in Burlington is a favorite of ours. The food is consistently very good and the service is always excellent.Special Features:
- LibertyDined on 7/10/2014We had a guest with three food allergies. The staff is knowledgeable and fully prepared to deal with all conditions. My friend was very surprised and thoroughly enjoyed "eating out". Thank you to Paparazzi in Burlington, MA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't come backPastahoundDined on 7/4/2014Everything about this restaurant is nice, except the food. Two of us had the seafood pasta special and the mussels were off and the seafood was grossly overcooked, even hard. One of us had the veal parm and that was barely edible. Restaurants are about food first and everything else second. Paparazzi has got this sadly turned around. We spent a lot of money for a poor experience. Too bad we won't come back as we live in Burlington and love Italian food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014There was confusion about the gluten free selections.
- first visit was greatNickDined on 6/27/2014I recently went to Papa Razzi for dinner with my wife and was very impressed with the level of service and quality of food. The restaurant appears upscale and the service staff are very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. This is clearly the go to spot for Italian food. This will definitely become one of my short listed favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Papa Razzi was very goodCindyDined on 6/27/2014I did order a dish I did not like and they took it back and replaced it with a new order. They were very nice about it!Special Features:
- Service lacking,veggies undercookedBlondieDined on 6/27/2014We have tried this restaurant several times and want to like, but there is always something lacking. As good as the entree tasted, the broccoli and roasted potatoes were barely cooked. The service was great up until we got our entree. Our check was left without asking if we wanted dessert or coffee and then our waiter 'disappeared'. It took a while to get someone to look for him, then finally he showed up with no apology. We won't be returning any time soon. Too bad as the outdoor seating looks amazing.Special Features:
- Second time, and will go back!DJACDined on 6/24/2014Really enjoy this restaurant. The food is great, nice service, and good environment. Very relaxing experience, which is what I appreciate for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite PlacebballDined on 6/20/2014The service is just excellent. I have many food allergies and they are very accommodating. The chef comes out and talks with me about what to order and he will make entrees without my food allergies. Love our waitress her name is Erica.Special Features:
- We are regularsaudreysDined on 6/19/2014This is our go-to restaurant when we're craving good food and atmosphere, especially uplifting when I'm having a blah day. The insalata di papa, bruschetta, and calamari are tops on my list, and the waitstaff are invariably helpful and attentive. A big colorful sangria is the perfect drink, though it is sometimes oversweetened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite neighborhood Go To!BellaDined on 6/15/2014Love, love, love Papa-Razzi Burlington...the food is always excellent, interesting and well prepared. The team of wait staff work well together, and we always feel like royalty when we dine. They are great with special requests also for a small group or just for two. There is ambiance in every corner of the restaurant, bar and outdoor dining area. Have attended many events in their private dining room as well. Always consistent, never dissapoints! The tiramisu is second to none...don't miss it!!Special Features:
- A step above chain restaurantJB5539Dined on 6/14/2014Have been to several Papa Razi restaurants, Burlington site more than once. Food is good, not outstanding. Bruchetta was a bad. Tomatoes in a sauce over a couple slices of wet bread. Chicken in Chicken Parm was like breaded super market fare. Wine selection is fine. The service person was excellent though. Very attentive and patient explaining the options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice relaxing mealMeLikeLegalDined on 6/10/2014Friends from out of town were here and it was a perfect place to meet as they were staying north and we live south of the restaurant. At the end of the meal our friends said "great meal compared to the Italian we have back in Dallas." The waitress was also very good.
- Almost Perfect!GigiDined on 6/8/2014Papa Razzi Burlington is a favorite restaurant of ours. We take friend and business guests there with confidence. The food is on the rich side ( with wonderful sauces, etc., but consistently good. The service is almost always perfect, though we have, on occasion, had poor service, depending on the server. My primary criticism of this restaurant is that they allow the room temperature to get uncomfortably warm, and wait until customers request more cooling. This pattern repeats throughout a diner's stay. They need to figure out a way to keep the room temp comfortable and steady. Air temp will be an issue now at least through October.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beFlyingpondDined on 5/31/2014I have been to Papa Razzi many times over the years. It has been our go to place for nicer nights out, as there is very little in it's category in the area. It’s always been reliable. Our last visit was the opposite. Several mistakes with our order and the staff wasn't very attentive. More significant, the food was majorly disappointing. 2 pizzas were under cooked and went back. 2 dishes were clumped together spaghetti. Very annoying for a $20 plate of pasta. The manager fumble to correct it all. I would like to say it was a busy night and things happen, but it wasn’t busy. It just seemed as if this restaurant isn’t what it used to be, reliable. I may try it again, but I am VERY happy several new restaurants are coming to town.
- Mediocre service and foodlynnaDined on 5/30/2014I had made reservations the day prior for a large party. Called to confirm and it sounded like they hasn't checked their open table reservations. Luckily I called! I had to made a slight change to the reservations and called again the next day, which they didn't seem to have checked the reservation change. We got there and it started out fine. We were early waiting for the rest of the party to arrive. We put in some apps but asked for the bread as well. When the whole party arrived we asked again for the focaccia, and it still didn't arrive. We had to ask a different server for bread bc ours didn't seem to listen. He only had 2 two tops he was taking of as well. I've worked for PR in the past and was not impressed with out service here.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2014Pasta dishes were uninspired. Food was not seasoned ; Caesar salad was especially bland.
- TreeVIPDined on 5/19/2014Waitress not engaging or friendly. Offered us a family size salad and did not tell us it was going to be $25.00. I never paid $25.00 for a salad before.
- The following 459 reviews are from the Papa Razzi - Burlington reviews archive.
- Poor ServiceWhoSaysThatDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I both ordered the chicken parm dinner. The food was dropped off and we didn't see our wait person until the end of the meal. We were never offered grated cheese and we weren't able to get a drink refill until the end of the meal. The food was below average and definitely needed the grated cheese.