Papa Razzi - Burlington
Two Wall Street
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi - Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 7812290100x
- Hours of Operation:
M - Th 11:30am - 10:00pm
F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Su 11:30am - 9:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Feldman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our complete menu is available for Takeout or Grande Style. Grande Style is 3x the portion of each menu item. Let us cater your next office lunch, party or special event. Please call Wendy at 781.229.0100 or email:
- Private Party Facilities: As an Italian trattoria, hosting personal gatherings isn’t just what we do, it’s what we love. We welcome your next celebration, outing, or corporate event with enthusiasm and passion. Our dedication to fresh cooking and warm hospitality will put you and your guests at ease, and our private event planner will cover every detail to ensure your occasion is flawless. Papa Razzi Burlington provides a variety of options to host your next private event. For al fresco dining, our outdoor patio can seat up to 125 guests. We also reserve the second floor of our restaurant for personal gatherings, with two rooms that can accommodate up to 100 seated guests or 140 for a cocktail party. Our private event coordinator will work with you to decide which fit is right for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Feener 781-229-0100x
A word from Papa Razzi - Burlington
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (37)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (16)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014We were a party of 8 and gathered in a corner of the bar; when asked, the hostess saved our reservations a bit so we could finish drinks there. (No pressure on a Saturday night!) The food is always pretty good at all the Papa Razzi's; this one really achieved high marks on customer service: 2 of the entrees were late and we were provided a free round of drinks (top-shelf mixed drinks) to compensate. And the late dishes arrived within 5 minutes anyway. So kudos to the young manager there who handled it so well. We'll be back - not because we cannot live without the food - but because the service in the bar, front area, and restaurant were so good. And we like to support that.Special Features:
- An "oldie" but goodieDJAG14Dined on 10/17/2014Many new restaurants have popped up in Burlington over the past few years, but we shouldn't forget to revisit Papa Razzi. The food is good and consistent. The menu has man options for meat-lovers to vegetarians. The service my party of 4 received on this Friday night was impeccable, from the host greeting, to communicating about our table readiness, to being seated all he way through server service. I know why I keep going back to Papa Razzi.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The waiter was there with a smile whenever we needed and the food was delicious. Ive already reccomended papa razzis to all my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyfulJoyfulDined on 10/17/2014The high top tables in the bar area were comfortable and intimate. We split a salad for an appetizer and they brought us two plates beautifully presented and delicious. The dipping sauce for the bread was a bit spicy, so we asked for some olive oil to tone it down and the waitress was more than happy to oblige. Our meals were good - pizza and a pasta dish - and our server was terrific. It was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 10/12/2014This would have been a satisfying visit, but for the service. In a practically empty restaurant, it took over nearly fifteen minutes from our seating for a server to arrive, and another ten for water to be brought and orders taken. The server seemed pleasant, but somehow disengaged. The food itself was fine, and arrived in timely fashion, possibly because other people were bringing it.
- Mary0525Dined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner and Birthday celebration! Michelle, our waitress, was very accommodating and patient with our group of thirteen. She offered some good suggestions of food and wine. Very nice ambiance, we were sitting near the window and got to appreciate the sunshine on that beautiful Autumn day!Special Features:
- Open table reservation lostAcadiafanDined on 10/4/2014Upon arrival, host said there was no reservation even though we had a confirmed Open Table reservation for that Papa Razzii at the time we arrived. He made a table for our group of 6 in the bar and assigned a server from dining room to us. Service was VERY slow, starting with wait for water and ordering to ice cream sundaes that were partially melted. We felt the server had forgotten us on several occasions. Food once it came was good to very good, though salty. We will go back if someone else wants to go there, but it likely won't be our suggestion since there are better places close by.Special Features:
- Needed improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was great except our drinks ( that came with the brunch) didn't come til after the food came out .......very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Always goodLulumomDined on 9/27/2014Consistently good, appropriately priced, nice service. We meet here regularly because of it's convenient location.Special Features:
- Good food & lots of staff attentionFoodie28Dined on 9/20/2014Open Table Reservations is a great concept and it actually works. The handful of times I've used the service we were seated within 5 -10 minutes of the reservations. Papa Razzi on a Saturday night is very energetic!! The wait staff is very friendly, welcoming and professional. The food is piping hot, which we like, and delicious. Our waitress Avelyn was super, very happy and professional. All in all it was a nice experience for a busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overcooked and slow serviceStephDined on 9/20/2014It took our waitress over 10 minutes to fill our water up after we told her that's all we wanted to drink. The bread basket did not come out until after our salads arrived and even then the breadsticks were missing. Our waitress was never around and was very slow to refill our water. The salmon came out extremely overcooked. The dish stated that it came with potatoes and beets, but the potatoes were indistinguishable from the beets as the red color had bled into the potatoes. The portion size was also very small. We weren't even offered anything in return for our horrible experience. We will not be returning to this restaurant in the future. The food quality and service has declined from our previous times dining here.
- Good FoodLynneBVIPDined on 9/20/2014My Husband and I both liked what we had, however I noted an allergy when I made the reservation and this was never discussed as I had to bring this topic up. I feel a Restaurant should be careful when noted prior to dining.Special Features:
- Always good!sailorDined on 9/19/2014I meet friends at the Burlington, MA Papa Razzi several times a month and I am never disappointed. The food is consistent and the staff go out of their way to please their guests. Friday night we had a wonderful server named Paige, who let me try several wines before I chose one.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceCocoandoverDined on 9/13/2014Food okay, good drinks ....awful service. Really nothing more to addSpecial Features:
- Gluten free menus has worsenedemglutenfreeDined on 9/13/2014I used to love Papa Razzi's gluten-free pizza. It was delicious! But they have changed the recipe for their crust and it now tastes like an undercooked saltine. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Melrosegirl49Dined on 9/12/2014We dine here as it's very close to our office and a great after work place. We normally sit at the bar and order some appetizers which are great to share and they do have a great wine list. Having dinner, the food is inconsistant which is a little disapointing. The service staff is terrific and we have a wonderful waitress last Friday night, Karen. We will continue to go there but maybe just sit at the bar.Special Features:
- SnarferSnarferDined on 9/6/2014An Italian-theme restaurant with an extensive wine list, that doesn't serve sangria? Inexcusable. The salmon was excellent. The waitress was not very friendly. Her name tag should have said "Curt".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The service was AWFUL. The food was good- Our waiter was missing throughout the whole meal. He upcharged me for a glass of wine when I asked him for the cheaper one. When we brought this to his attention on the bill, he basically called myself and my boyfriend liars. One of the managers pretty much waited on our table the whole night because the waiter was gone. Although the food was good, the service was awful and I don't know if I would ever be back. And this is not my first time at a Papa Razzi. The others are great. Also at the end of the meal we tried to pay with a visa gift card and the waiter chased us out like we were stiffing the bill and had us stand in front of the whole restaurant. Embarrassing and rude.Special Features:
- Off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014We booked a table for 7:30 then through a combination of errors ( including the server forgetting to put in our drink order) waited 30 minutes for a glass of wine to start things off. That was very frustrating. Pretty long wait for food, also. The food itself was really good though. I think - and hope - it was a rare night off on service. I have always had good service at other Pappa a Razzi locations.
- Good, but slowLuv2brunchDined on 9/5/2014The service was good, waitress was willing to split 15 checks. However, the food took a long time to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful meal on the quiet deck on a beautiful Saturday evening. Food was great and our server (Amanda) was excellent! We hope for another perfect late summer weekend evening soon for a repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupLCD912Dined on 8/27/2014This a great place for a group since there is something for everyone and there is a large dining room.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The service was terrible. It took way too long to get our food and after we did we didn't see our waitress again. We actually had to go up to the host and ask for our check without ever being asked how our food was or any dessert offers, despite the many open tables and many servers standing around. Throughout the meal the idea of just walking out appealed to me more and more. The food was okay but definitely not worth the long wait and terrible service.
- Brunch with out of state friendsChefman1220Dined on 8/24/2014Overall I was very impressed. Being a chef I appreciated and enjoyed the menu. It had some different combinations that one would not necessarily immediately think of. The service was great and the breakfast pizza was to die for. All 5 in my party were thoroughly impressed and the pricing was spot on. The only drawback is the "one person at a time bathrooms". Luckily we were there at opening, if not I can see that being an issue with a full dining room and deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upcoming RenoJm99VIPDined on 8/23/2014The Burlington location is a neighborhood staple. Consistent and always a great experience. It is about to undergo a complete transformation inside and out promising to become a real contender in this competitive market. Stay tuned and check it out in the Spring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Papa Razzi is still one of my favorite places to enjoy a nice evening with great food, wine, and friends. The service is always warm and genuine, the food is always fresh and prepared to our liking. The offered wines are always delicious. This is a solid spot to enjoy a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Usually we have great service. This time Jessica was in such a rush that it affected the whole dinner. While the food was great, and Jessica was prompt with refills, my dad kept getting soda water instead of the tonic (as in gin and tonic) water he asked for-- twice. When we were first sat and looking over the menus, maybe 3 minutes after we'd been seated and our drink order were brought, we were discussing what appetizers to get, and Jessica turned around from where she was addressing the other (cramped next to us) table to ask if we were ready to order appetizers. My dad asked if she was in a rush, and she said she wasn't. She didn't come back for 15 (!!!) minutes. Service was perfunctory the rest of the night. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014For the first time ever, I had a less than stellar meal. I had the oriechette pasta dish. Broccoli rabe was impossible to cut with a knife. The sausage was ground up so fine, you could barely find any. The fried mozarella starter though was very very good. I will go back again but definitely order a different pasta dish!Special Features:
- consistencynelmVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are always extremely pleased with the food and service at Papa Razzi, Burlington.
- Service left much to be desiredNancyDrewDined on 8/16/2014I think the waitress forgot about us numerous times..after finishing eating very slowly, we waited about an hour before asking someone to bring us our waitress. Then we got our dessert menus and waited 30 minutes before she came to take our dessert menu. Then dessert took another 45 minutes...for one apple crisp, which was presented as a much and clearly not right away because the gelato was half melted on top. Worst service I have ever had, will not be recommending.Special Features:
- Fun delicious evening had by allA1GatheringDined on 8/16/2014A group of us get together a few time/year to eat, drink and talk. The night was perfect for outdoor dining on their deck. The food was wonderful and the waitress and staff were terrific. We were never rushed or kicked out which I cannot say for other restaurants in the area. It is our favorite restaurant for our gatherings especially our summer one. I highly recommend Papa Razzi in Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerSuzyQDined on 8/8/2014Went there for my birthday. It is a very classy looking place. Both young and older people would really like it here. Great ambiance. The service was great and a lot to choose from on the menu. The waiter had to come back three times as we could not make up our mind as to what we wanted to order. The food was great. We would def go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must VisitDarJarDined on 7/30/2014A group of us meet here a few times a year. Always a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceStaceyDined on 7/26/2014Great ambiance, pretty place, yummy bread and breadsticks; someone in our party has an allergy and was very specific with requirements pertaining to prepping the food to avoid the allergens. The waitress hardly listened, and it seemed that she wouldn't be able to correctly describe the specific requirements. When the food came out, it was completely wrong and they needed to remake it. They remade it well, but it came out correctly about 20 min later, when everyone else's food was partially gone or cold. One other person's dish was not made well. Dining room was empty, for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I just wanted to say this was my first time dining here and it was great! I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was nice too. I would definitely come back! Thank you. :)Special Features:
- nelmVIPDined on 7/19/2014Papa Razzi in Burlington is a favorite of ours. The food is consistently very good and the service is always excellent.Special Features:
- LibertyDined on 7/10/2014We had a guest with three food allergies. The staff is knowledgeable and fully prepared to deal with all conditions. My friend was very surprised and thoroughly enjoyed "eating out". Thank you to Paparazzi in Burlington, MA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't come backPastahoundDined on 7/4/2014Everything about this restaurant is nice, except the food. Two of us had the seafood pasta special and the mussels were off and the seafood was grossly overcooked, even hard. One of us had the veal parm and that was barely edible. Restaurants are about food first and everything else second. Paparazzi has got this sadly turned around. We spent a lot of money for a poor experience. Too bad we won't come back as we live in Burlington and love Italian food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014There was confusion about the gluten free selections.
- first visit was greatNickDined on 6/27/2014I recently went to Papa Razzi for dinner with my wife and was very impressed with the level of service and quality of food. The restaurant appears upscale and the service staff are very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. This is clearly the go to spot for Italian food. This will definitely become one of my short listed favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.