Papa Razzi - Boston
159 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: (617) 536-9200
- Hours of Operation:
All OpenTable reservations are for inside dining only
M - F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa - Su 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
Thanksgiving Day: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Christmas Eve: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year's Eve: Regular Business hours
New Year's Day: 11:30am to 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Corey O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have premium space for private events accommodating up to 100 guests. To view our private event menus visit our website at www.paparazzitrattoria.com.
A word from Papa Razzi - Boston
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (58)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (30)romantic (26)great for lunch (23)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (11)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (8)Show More
- Great ServiceWolfeDined on 11/22/2014The staff was attentive and the meal service was well timed. Very friendly team and the food was excellent. Out teen children had a great selection from the menu and my daughter's shell fish allergy was taken seriously and handle very professionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedCKoerberVIPDined on 11/18/2014will always come back here. Nice buzz in the room of people having a good time. Great food...different choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GracieDined on 11/18/2014The dining room was very comfortable, the service was great and best of all the meal was delicious!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedMitchSNJVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been to many restaurants in Back Bay and have passed Pappa Razi many times but this was our first time dining there. We were seated promptly on a busy Saturday night and the ambiance is quite lovely. However we were disappointed in the food quality. The lobster filled pasta while tasty was undercooked and the Osso Bucca was excessively fatty. Would not go back.
- Always a great meal :)AbbyDined on 11/14/2014A bit noisy, but great food and service as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGRfoodieDined on 11/13/2014Linguine with clams was a bit salty. Chicken Marsala was ok but vey little Marsala flavor. Pasta fagiole was excellent and our eggplant antipasto was fabulous. Good solid meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food !PattyDined on 11/9/2014An excellent choice, good food with a good ambience.... will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurantMikeyDined on 11/8/2014Overall we had a positive experience. The food was excellent; my wife got ravioli and I got filet mignon. The server was friendly and competent. The food took a while to arrive but it was hot, so it makes me think the kitchen was slow, not the server. We had 7:00 reservations but were not actually seated until about 7:20. Not a huge deal since their bar is great so my wife and I had a drink. The service at the bar was first rate. Both bartenders were attentive. I wasn't thrilled about being sat at a table next to the kitchen and stairs, but wasn't going to be picky on a crowded Saturday night. We will go back there because the service is friendly, the food is delicious, and their outdoor seating is some of the best on Newbury St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014You have to make reservations, the place is packed. Would go back the next time I am in Boston.Special Features:
- Mediocre serviceMidecoVIPDined on 11/7/2014Our server seemed really distracted. We ordered an appetizer that never came. She took drink orders for the 2 adults but never asked our 2 kids and walked away. When she came back to the table we ordered for the kids and she didn't get that she completely ignored them. When our dinner arrived we asked about the appetizer and she said she would go get it. We explained we wanted it before the meal, so she said let me check and never mentioned it again. The food was good and served fast, but the server was lacking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/28/2014We LOVED our dinner and beautiful October evening on the patio. Every bite was delicious (great bread and oil) and the service was excellent. We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Have always loved the food here!TigerlillyDined on 10/28/2014Next time however will request to be seated upstairs as the service in the front corner near the bar was awful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchIsabellaVIPDined on 10/25/2014A friend and I had brunch here on a warm Saturday - nice brunch menu. Easily accommodated my dietary restrictions. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchTwin123185Dined on 10/25/2014Nice place, free bellinis with brunch items a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Have to Go to the North EndBUKHCParentsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was great. You don't have to go to the North End to get great Italian Food. Portions were large; Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014Great place for last night in Boston. We were hoping to sit outside but there was a chance of rain so outside was closed. We were pleasantly surprised with our table inside upstairs. Ambiance was wonderful. Our favorite dishes were the Porcini Agnolotti (outstanding) Vitello Piccata(great flavors) Our waiter was great. Had this not been our last night in Boston we probably would have dined here twice. We will be back again next year for sure and really excited to try the brunch menu!!Special Features:
- Lost breadsticksBBdinerVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food, as always, is tasty. Service is great. Why did they stop providing their signature delicious bread sticks?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, Reasonably PricedRickyDined on 10/13/2014Right on Newbury St. Very cozy, beatiful, modern inside. Great outdoor seating area. Creative italian cuisine with very attentive and professional staff. It was a pleasant surprise to find that is super reasonably priced. A must if your around downtown Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large italian menunjgalinwtVIPDined on 10/10/2014I know this is a chain, but the food is fairly good. Extensive selection and we enjoyed our pasta's and pizza.Special Features:
- ok dinnerdineoutDined on 10/10/2014We had been there a couple of times before, but the dinner was nothing that I could not prepare at home, That was letdown from the other visits.Special Features:
- nice place for dinnerthemethodicaleaterDined on 10/8/2014I had dinner at Papa-Razzi for the first time a couple of days ago. Shared the calamari fritti and insalata di mela to start the meal and both were excellent dishes that I would order again. Unfortunately my main dish, the orecchiette salsiccia, which is an ear-shaped pasta with italian sausage, garlic, broccoli rabe, and romano cheese was average at best. i have had much better versions of this dish at other establishments and i have made better versions of this myself. Everything in this dish was sort of limp and bland. I don't know if it was an off night for this dish or if this is just how they make it. Other main dishes looked and tasted much better. I probably will go back, but I'll definitely order a different main dish.Special Features:
- DrBillDrBillMangezDined on 10/3/2014This is a new old favorite for folks in Back Bay. We've been feasting for years on the native fresh cuisine. The new location is perfect. What else can I say? The sunken patio on Newbury St has a great place to enjoy late night nosh or Sunday brunch. Just don't tell too many people about the place - or I won't be able to get in without Open Table booking me weeks in advance.Special Features:
- Papa- RazziOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Great restaurant. A little disappointed with my food choice and starter salad. The dessert was great!Special Features:
- Great first time herefoodlover91Dined on 10/3/2014The food was great, the only thing is that our server took forever to bring everything out, but he was really nice nonetheless. We might have been biased about the wait since we got there really hungry but oh well.Special Features:
- decent food, good serviceadamVIPDined on 10/2/2014Ate here and had a nice meal on the outdoor patio. We started with the shrimp appetizer, which we both enjoyed. It was actually our favorite thing that we ordered. Also the bread they serve is good and was nice with the olive oil. For our mains we got a chicken dish with ham and marsala wine and the orecchiette Salsiccia. The orecchiette was good, but not as special as it sounded and there was quite a bit of liquid at the bottom of the dish. The chicken dish was good, but the chicken was a bit dry and overcooked and the dish was less special than the description sounded. Nothing was bad, just not special and with so many choices in the area, I am not sure if we will try again. Service was good.
- BeneReRobertaVIPDined on 10/2/2014What a nice cozy spot for a business lunch. The salmon dish with roasted beets and arugula was very fresh and tasty. The service was friendly and terrific! Worth going back for sure, as the variety in the menu is nice..Special Features:
- Good for a quick mealyummymummy2VIPDined on 9/29/2014Italian that is easy and yummy. We go on a whim and can always be accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantasagnerDined on 9/28/2014I really liked Papa Razzi restaurant. The pasta is awesome and the wine list is totally adequateSpecial Features:
- MdsquaredMdsquaredVIPDined on 9/28/2014I am an ambience fanatic This place has it in spades This place defines the best of the Newbury st vibe- indoors and out Good energy but not intrusive Service like your grandma would give you- but all very energetic youthful servers The manager printed our Red Sox tickets from our email to save the day I should probably keep this one a secret if I was smart but I'm from out of town , so....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but not fantasticLuisDined on 9/26/2014It is a good very well prices place but used to be more in its previous location. Returning table cloths and better service would help to return much of its former glory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Had dinner here recently and just wanted to say the food was fine , price for the area was fair and the service was great.
- Good neighborhood place. Not great.KatonahfoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Four of us went out for dinner and it was fine, but I think we could have probably found somewhere better. The food was uneven ( ravioli undercooked) but the other entrees (chicken parmigiana , and a shrimp dish) were pretty good. The waiter was sweet, but very sweaty and clearly confused .Food took a long time to come. He offered us desert before we were served our main courses, apparently thinking we were another table? He did however bring free ice cream for my daughter, when we told him it was her birthday!Special Features:
- Mix of hits and missesBostonGurlVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went to Papa Razzi Boston for the first time on a Saturday evening. We were seated and attended to promptly and the waitstaff was professional and attentive, but the food and drink items were a funny mix of hits and misses. We stated with a pasta item to split that we anticipated to be noodle-based from the menu description, but it turned out to be a ravioli. My husband then ordered a shrimp entree (Gamberi Alla Griglia) and we were very disappointed when this entree, priced at $24.99 turned out to be a grand total of four shrimp (!!! what most would consider an appetizer). However, my chicken entree was reasonably priced and generous (Gallo Al Forno). Overall, an OK experience, but will not likely return to this location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocreKathyJDined on 9/14/2014Liked the restaurant's ambience and service was outstanding. The dishes ordered didn't taste very good which was very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in BostonRobertDined on 9/14/2014If you are visiting Boston and staying near Copley Square, this is a great find on Newburyport Street. The food and service we we excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Papa RazziOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Had to wait for a table even though we had a reservation. Inquire about the table after 25 minutes and told they were working on it. 5 minutes later we were escourted upstairs were there were many empty tables. Food was very good. Very rushed service. Wine, apps, dinner in less than a hour. Too rushed for our taste. Sat and finished our bottle of wine after we paid the billSpecial Features:
- skizmomDined on 9/12/2014My salad was great but entree had far too much cheese and not enough veggies for my taste. Server was very polite despite how crazy busy they were. Big student scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantthetravelduoDined on 9/6/2014We were so excited walking up to the restaurant. Located in a great neighborhood and in an amazing brownstone bldg. We give 5 stars for the ambiance, food, and service! Rigatoni was very good but the lobster tortellini was amazing!! They also had the best bruschetta we've ever had! Server was so sweet! We will definitely return for more meals here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good mealIlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014Been here many times, always fun, always good, and a good value. I love that all pastas can be at half portions, and the apps are pretty larges so it's easy to get a bunch and try a lot of different things if you're in a group. Never had a bad meal here, and will definitely come again!Special Features:
- NorthendamoreDined on 9/5/2014A pleasant surprise, great ambiance, great prices, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.