Papa Razzi- Boston
159 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi- Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6175369200x
- Hours of Operation:
All OpenTable reservations are for inside dining only
M - F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa - Su 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Corey O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have premium space for private events accommodating up to 100 guests. To view our private event menus visit our website at www.paparazzitrattoria.com.
A word from Papa Razzi- Boston
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi- Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (31)great for lunch (31)good for groups (29)romantic (27)great for brunch (23)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- Delicious Restaurant WeekSaimaDined on 8/26/2014Me and my friend went there for restaurant week which was a 3 course $33 dinner. It included and appetizer, main course, and dessert. Had the following: - appetizers: brushetta, spring salad with goat cheese and beets - Main course: rib eye steak, pork chop - desserts: tiramisu, flaky peach cobbler In its entirety it was yummy, the brushetta did have an interesting taste as it wasn't conventional brushetta but looked more like a loaf with topping. The pork loin was made perfectly especially over a baked potato hash and probably the best as well at the tiramisu which was creamy but juts the right amount of espresso. The great part about this place is their extensive wine list as well as the waitress who was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great mealPapaleckiVIPDined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I found this gem in boston. Service was great, food was great and the ambiance was fantastic.Special Features:
- the food was deliciousFoodieDined on 8/22/2014To be honest the food was better than I expected. It was delicious. The service was fantastic as well. The overall quality was more than I expected. However, I would give 4 star. I was with my friend and there was this woman who was constantly screaming or laughing was too loud. Every time she did that everyone in the restaurant was surprised. It was unpleasant experience. However, her screaming and laughing continued till I left. I would have been a great lunch if the restaurant asked her to lower her screaming and laughing just a little bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Everything about papa-razzi was fantastic! Would highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Always fantastic!frequentdiner1Dined on 8/13/2014The food at Papa Razzi is consistently fantastic. The wait staff and greeters are always happy and professional. We continue to dine here and are not ever disappointed.Special Features:
- Fun spotShellyDined on 8/12/2014We sat outside and in addition to the great food, we were "entertained" by the colorful people of Newbury Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remind me what you ordered?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Okay, this was a great find for having only a night in Boston. Sat outside on the patio - nice lighting and ambiance. Drinks, appetizers (spicy calamari) were great... the evening was going perfect... until about thirty minutes after ordering our server came back to "reconfirm" what we ordered. It was SO OBVIOUS that she forgot and could have been handled SOOOO much better (ex. admitting it, and apologizing and either comping our meals, or providing dessert). It was very unprofessional. If everything else wouldn't have been so delightful, I would have asked to talk to the manager. All in all, very good food, just questionable service.Special Features:
- Prompt Servicekjwater54Dined on 7/30/2014We were seated right away. The waiter explained the specials right away and then gave us ample time to decide on our order. Wine was great. One of our group ordered a whiskey straight up, which looked watered down. Bruschetta was not prepared as we expected it would be so it was difficult to share that appetizer. Dinner was great. Paying and splitting the check was not a problem for our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Papa-razzi liedUnknownDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014They said they were bringing back the old menu, and it hasn't happened. The new menu is BAD.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/22/2014First time at this restaurant and when in Boston would go back. I had sea bass which was cooked correctly and was delicious. Two others had pasta dishes and they were very pleased with the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBostonstrongVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is always good. Actually a very good comfort food Resturant . Service great. But they ran out of bread on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Overall nicebostondinerDined on 7/18/2014Besides having to wait 22 minutes for water and drinks after being seated, everything else was good.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/17/2014Food was good. Wait staff was courteous and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't had a bad meal hereAbbyDined on 7/8/2014Had a chicken dish with tomatoes and broccolini. Every chicken dish I've had there is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinnercaitybVIPDined on 7/5/2014I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my boyfriend. We try to do date night every week. We had ordered in from Papa Razzis before, so we knew that we liked the food but the ambiance of the restaurant made it a much enjoyable experience. We had excellent service. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Good italian place.FlorentinaDined on 6/27/2014Just arrive to Boston Back Bay area this restaurant is located in a very known street. Althou only have q few rables outside,you get surprice when get inside. It is a nice clean and big restaurant. Food was good and serve pretty quick. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/23/2014Was really disappointed that they no longer serve their homemade breadsticksSpecial Features:
- Outdoor table for threeKatyDined on 6/21/2014My mom flew in for the weekend, and on the spur of the moment decided to head to Papa Razzi on a Saturday night. It turned into one of those rare dinners out where things just fell into place — a perfect little table for three on the front patio, comfortable temperatures, delicious wine and food, staff that were kind and welcoming — that quickly became way more than the sum of its parts. We'll be heading back often!Special Features:
- Not a good resturant anymorePittbullVIPDined on 6/21/2014It was a such good quality and price few years ago... Now it is more expensive and the food is average low quality including the size of the plate. They were famous for bread sticks and focaccia... But they don't serve it anymore. Service is now terrible.... Slow....and not kindly... They really don't care about the customers. I won't go in this place anymoreSpecial Features:
- Date NightSamiDined on 6/20/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Papa Razzi's outdoor patio this past weekend. Great cocktails and wine selection. We started with the fried mozzarella cheese which was delicious. I tried the Lobster Fra Diavlo which had TONS of lobster meat and just the right amount of spice. The desserts looked great however we declined. Definitely going to be back to enjoy the patio!Special Features:
- Dramatically changedhappydinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Restaurant changed management. The things we liked best--the tasting flights of wines, delicious salads, shrimp-spinach appetizer--are gone. I used to love the pazanella salad, so vinegary, full of bread, and large. Last night's version was 1/2 the size and had a handful of tiny croutons which looked packaged.NO vinegar but but a creamy sauce. (I had asked sauce on the side.) Ironically, the prizes of dinners have been raised as quality has dipped.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceWendyDined on 6/19/2014We went for dinner at 7:30pm and there were plenty of tables on a Wednesday. Our server David told us it was his first night working at this Papa Razzi location but that was barely noticed. He was very nice even though we took our very sweet time before ordering and between courses. The food was great, portions were acceptable and the ambience put pulls everything together. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bogieVIPDined on 6/12/2014What stood out was the service. Friendly, professional, with appropriate spacing between courses. Value/cost excellent. Would return next time in area.Special Features:
- Best Gluten-Free PizzaSusanCDined on 6/12/2014Gluten Free pizza is hard to do well, and P-R has the best I've ever had...great service....will return.Special Features:
- Always great italian foodeMaxVIPDined on 6/6/2014Semi-New location on newbury.. nice outdoor patio area.. unfortunately very long wait time for outside on a nice day since its small. Inside is nice, clean, and plenty of seating. Food was very good. Meatball pizza, and panni sandwich were spot on, fresh, and tasty.. Service was good as expected. Always try to visit this place when I visit boston, and i would tell you to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/31/2014We had a delightful time with delicious food! Our waiter was great. We would definitely go back if we didn't live in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Just lovelyGetbubblyDined on 5/31/2014Our waiter was very attentive and just a great person. I miss the focaccia bread thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANtastic as always😋BostongalDined on 5/28/20145-28-14 at 6:15 PM. Cold rainy night in town, we walked in and pleasantly greeted to either go to our ready table or wait at the bar for our other guest to arrive. Bartender gave us a good recommendation on a wine choice, our guest arrived and went up to dinner in this beautiful restaurant . As our waitress said ,the special beef short ribs was a melt in your mouth delight. Truly SPECIAL! Veal parm, excellent and huge! Gnocchi, great as well. Tiramisu was fantastic , not soggy or spongy , with a nice espresso. Very pleasant waitress, at our service, while we visited family from Ohio. We have been here many times, great atmosphere and outdoors in the summer is a true delight. On of the best restaurants in Boston! They never disappoint.Special Features:
- MikeMikeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Service was wonderful. I mention and issue with one herb, chef made everything from scratch, waitress was superb. Food fantastic. Can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014This is an awesome place to have some great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodBelGufoDined on 5/22/2014The menu offered a wide range, including ideal selections for the dieter among us. The service was prompt and attentive. It was just what we had hoped for a relaxed weekday lunch.
- Great Italian on NewburybostonfamilyDined on 5/18/2014Commencement weekend dinner. Excellent food although on Sunday night they had run out if veal and steak and our first choice of wine. But meal second selections were all goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaparazziLupeDined on 5/11/2014I went to Paparazzi for mother's day and we had a really good dining experience. The place was very crowded, given the holiday and a gorgeous spring day, but the staff was very accommodating given we were a bit early for our reservation. The menu only had a few brunch items but the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Not up to Boston StandardsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2014Visited Papa Razzi - Boston but thought it was just okay. We waited a bit for our waiter but was to be expected as it was Friday night. After ordering, however, we waited quite a while for our drinks and had to ask for bread. We ordered soup - ministrone which was okay and Pasat e Fagoli which was awful. It tasted like chili!! For our entrees, we ordered Chicken Sorrento, Penne con Pollo and Rigatoni con Luganega. Each one was 'fine' but nothing to write home about. It was a one and done for us.Special Features:
- Disappointing30NothingDined on 5/8/2014Came here due to the Gluten-free menu options noted on their website. Located on vibrant Newbury St. it has a large and nice interior but dining experience was overall disappointing. Servers seemed confused and generally "tuned-out" Took them about 15 minutes to track down one dog-eared gluten-free menu. Why not asterisk the GF options on your regular menu? My husbands bread arrived at the table before his meal - they promised to bring GF bread but it arrived long after my entree. The GF pizza crust was ok, but the pizza tomato base was heavy on the oregano and tasted like Prego from a tin. When I think wood-fired thin curst margarita pizza I think fresh DOP tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil - this was poor interpretation
- Service was unbelievable!VIPOTVIPDined on 5/7/2014I took two business associates for lunch yesterday. No water for 20 minutes, got our soup in about the same amount of time. Lots of angry diners! No bread basket either, and no wine that was ordered. Other waiters had to help and they were not happy about it to the point of being rude. The food is so delicious that I can't figure out why they can't hire enough employees to serve patrons. Maybe call and get to-go food! Very sad!
- Poor service and experienceJKBostonVIPDined on 5/2/2014Have been a loyal customer for many years but won't be returning. Had a server who was also waiting on a table of 14. Which meant terrible service for us. Had to ask for water 3 different times from 3 different people. We ordered pizzas that took 1.5 hours to come out. Life is too short to wait that long. No attempt to make amends from the server. Had to wait 15 mins just to get water. If you can't handle that many people in your restaurant then don't accept more reservations
- The following 449 reviews are from the Papa Razzi- Boston reviews archive.
- Great date night!lp928Dined on 4/27/2014As someone who does not get to go out with my boyfriend regularly, we had a very nice date night here on Sunday 4/27. The host was pleasant and our server Paul was amazing. He was exactly what both my boyfriend and I look for when we go out to eat. The food was delicious as well! Overall it was a great night and we will definitely be returning soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite brunch spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great food and great service. Always come to have aldo as my server, he always remembers me, what I ate last time and it's so considerate. I have absolutely loved both brunch dishes I've had so far and always look forward to my weekend mornings hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good lunch!ParthosBDined on 4/22/2014I had a 12:30 reservation on a Tuesday and I'm glad I did because the restaurant filled quickly. The wait staff was highly attentive. Food preparation was slow (32 minutes for my chicken parm Panini) but the portion was huge and delicious. The ambiance is nice. I will definitely return.Special Features: