Papa Razzi- Boston
159 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Papa Razzi- Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6175369200x
- Hours of Operation:
All OpenTable reservations are for inside dining only
M - F 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sa - Su 11:30am - 11:00pm (brunch until 3:00PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Corey O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have premium space for private events accommodating up to 100 guests. To view our private event menus visit our website at www.paparazzitrattoria.com.
A word from Papa Razzi- Boston
Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Papa Razzi- Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)great for outdoor dining (50)good for groups (34)great for lunch (29)special occasion (28)romantic (28)fit for foodies (27)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (15)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Mix of hits and missesBostonGurlVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went to Papa Razzi Boston for the first time on a Saturday evening. We were seated and attended to promptly and the waitstaff was professional and attentive, but the food and drink items were a funny mix of hits and misses. We stated with a pasta item to split that we anticipated to be noodle-based from the menu description, but it turned out to be a ravioli. My husband then ordered a shrimp entree (Gamberi Alla Griglia) and we were very disappointed when this entree, priced at $24.99 turned out to be a grand total of four shrimp (!!! what most would consider an appetizer). However, my chicken entree was reasonably priced and generous (Gallo Al Forno). Overall, an OK experience, but will not likely return to this location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocreKathyJDined on 9/14/2014Liked the restaurant's ambience and service was outstanding. The dishes ordered didn't taste very good which was very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in BostonRobertDined on 9/14/2014If you are visiting Boston and staying near Copley Square, this is a great find on Newburyport Street. The food and service we we excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Papa RazziOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Had to wait for a table even though we had a reservation. Inquire about the table after 25 minutes and told they were working on it. 5 minutes later we were escourted upstairs were there were many empty tables. Food was very good. Very rushed service. Wine, apps, dinner in less than a hour. Too rushed for our taste. Sat and finished our bottle of wine after we paid the billSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014My salad was great but entree had far too much cheese and not enough veggies for my taste. Server was very polite despite how crazy busy they were. Big student scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantthetravelduoDined on 9/6/2014We were so excited walking up to the restaurant. Located in a great neighborhood and in an amazing brownstone bldg. We give 5 stars for the ambiance, food, and service! Rigatoni was very good but the lobster tortellini was amazing!! They also had the best bruschetta we've ever had! Server was so sweet! We will definitely return for more meals here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good mealIlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014Been here many times, always fun, always good, and a good value. I love that all pastas can be at half portions, and the apps are pretty larges so it's easy to get a bunch and try a lot of different things if you're in a group. Never had a bad meal here, and will definitely come again!Special Features:
- NorthendamoreDined on 9/5/2014A pleasant surprise, great ambiance, great prices, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gem - lucky find on NewburyRichardracerDined on 8/29/2014We were walking down Newbury St and found this little gem. Reviewed menu and clicked with authentic cuisine, so booked via Opentable. Food and service wonderful. Going back to try some more!Special Features:
- Delicious Restaurant WeekSaimaDined on 8/26/2014Me and my friend went there for restaurant week which was a 3 course $33 dinner. It included and appetizer, main course, and dessert. Had the following: - appetizers: brushetta, spring salad with goat cheese and beets - Main course: rib eye steak, pork chop - desserts: tiramisu, flaky peach cobbler In its entirety it was yummy, the brushetta did have an interesting taste as it wasn't conventional brushetta but looked more like a loaf with topping. The pork loin was made perfectly especially over a baked potato hash and probably the best as well at the tiramisu which was creamy but juts the right amount of espresso. The great part about this place is their extensive wine list as well as the waitress who was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great mealPapaleckiVIPDined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I found this gem in boston. Service was great, food was great and the ambiance was fantastic.Special Features:
- the food was deliciousFoodieDined on 8/22/2014To be honest the food was better than I expected. It was delicious. The service was fantastic as well. The overall quality was more than I expected. However, I would give 4 star. I was with my friend and there was this woman who was constantly screaming or laughing was too loud. Every time she did that everyone in the restaurant was surprised. It was unpleasant experience. However, her screaming and laughing continued till I left. I would have been a great lunch if the restaurant asked her to lower her screaming and laughing just a little bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Everything about papa-razzi was fantastic! Would highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Always fantastic!frequentdiner1Dined on 8/13/2014The food at Papa Razzi is consistently fantastic. The wait staff and greeters are always happy and professional. We continue to dine here and are not ever disappointed.Special Features:
- Fun spotShellyDined on 8/12/2014We sat outside and in addition to the great food, we were "entertained" by the colorful people of Newbury Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrRyuDined on 8/9/2014Very good and clean. Highly recommend it. Chicken Risotto is one of the best ever! Must try!Special Features:
- Incredible ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed a fixed price menu which was amazing value. However, the whole experience was at a premium level you would expect from much more expensive places. Food was excellent and our server really added to our night - a beautiful balance between being attentive and entertaining. Located in a great spot, it should be on your must do if you are on a visit to Boston.Special Features:
- Remind me what you ordered?runnergirlDined on 8/5/2014Okay, this was a great find for having only a night in Boston. Sat outside on the patio - nice lighting and ambiance. Drinks, appetizers (spicy calamari) were great... the evening was going perfect... until about thirty minutes after ordering our server came back to "reconfirm" what we ordered. It was SO OBVIOUS that she forgot and could have been handled SOOOO much better (ex. admitting it, and apologizing and either comping our meals, or providing dessert). It was very unprofessional. If everything else wouldn't have been so delightful, I would have asked to talk to the manager. All in all, very good food, just questionable service.Special Features:
- Prompt Servicekjwater54Dined on 7/30/2014We were seated right away. The waiter explained the specials right away and then gave us ample time to decide on our order. Wine was great. One of our group ordered a whiskey straight up, which looked watered down. Bruschetta was not prepared as we expected it would be so it was difficult to share that appetizer. Dinner was great. Paying and splitting the check was not a problem for our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Papa-razzi liedUnknownDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014They said they were bringing back the old menu, and it hasn't happened. The new menu is BAD.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/22/2014First time at this restaurant and when in Boston would go back. I had sea bass which was cooked correctly and was delicious. Two others had pasta dishes and they were very pleased with the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBostonstrongVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is always good. Actually a very good comfort food Resturant . Service great. But they ran out of bread on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Overall nicebostondinerDined on 7/18/2014Besides having to wait 22 minutes for water and drinks after being seated, everything else was good.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/17/2014Food was good. Wait staff was courteous and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't had a bad meal hereAbbyDined on 7/8/2014Had a chicken dish with tomatoes and broccolini. Every chicken dish I've had there is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinnercaitybVIPDined on 7/5/2014I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my boyfriend. We try to do date night every week. We had ordered in from Papa Razzis before, so we knew that we liked the food but the ambiance of the restaurant made it a much enjoyable experience. We had excellent service. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Good italian place.FlorentinaDined on 6/27/2014Just arrive to Boston Back Bay area this restaurant is located in a very known street. Althou only have q few rables outside,you get surprice when get inside. It is a nice clean and big restaurant. Food was good and serve pretty quick. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/23/2014Was really disappointed that they no longer serve their homemade breadsticksSpecial Features:
- Outdoor table for threeKatyDined on 6/21/2014My mom flew in for the weekend, and on the spur of the moment decided to head to Papa Razzi on a Saturday night. It turned into one of those rare dinners out where things just fell into place — a perfect little table for three on the front patio, comfortable temperatures, delicious wine and food, staff that were kind and welcoming — that quickly became way more than the sum of its parts. We'll be heading back often!Special Features:
- Not a good resturant anymorePittbullVIPDined on 6/21/2014It was a such good quality and price few years ago... Now it is more expensive and the food is average low quality including the size of the plate. They were famous for bread sticks and focaccia... But they don't serve it anymore. Service is now terrible.... Slow....and not kindly... They really don't care about the customers. I won't go in this place anymoreSpecial Features:
- Date NightSamiDined on 6/20/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Papa Razzi's outdoor patio this past weekend. Great cocktails and wine selection. We started with the fried mozzarella cheese which was delicious. I tried the Lobster Fra Diavlo which had TONS of lobster meat and just the right amount of spice. The desserts looked great however we declined. Definitely going to be back to enjoy the patio!Special Features:
- Dramatically changedhappydinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Restaurant changed management. The things we liked best--the tasting flights of wines, delicious salads, shrimp-spinach appetizer--are gone. I used to love the pazanella salad, so vinegary, full of bread, and large. Last night's version was 1/2 the size and had a handful of tiny croutons which looked packaged.NO vinegar but but a creamy sauce. (I had asked sauce on the side.) Ironically, the prizes of dinners have been raised as quality has dipped.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceWendyDined on 6/19/2014We went for dinner at 7:30pm and there were plenty of tables on a Wednesday. Our server David told us it was his first night working at this Papa Razzi location but that was barely noticed. He was very nice even though we took our very sweet time before ordering and between courses. The food was great, portions were acceptable and the ambience put pulls everything together. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bogieVIPDined on 6/12/2014What stood out was the service. Friendly, professional, with appropriate spacing between courses. Value/cost excellent. Would return next time in area.Special Features:
- Best Gluten-Free PizzaSusanCDined on 6/12/2014Gluten Free pizza is hard to do well, and P-R has the best I've ever had...great service....will return.Special Features:
- Always great italian foodeMaxVIPDined on 6/6/2014Semi-New location on newbury.. nice outdoor patio area.. unfortunately very long wait time for outside on a nice day since its small. Inside is nice, clean, and plenty of seating. Food was very good. Meatball pizza, and panni sandwich were spot on, fresh, and tasty.. Service was good as expected. Always try to visit this place when I visit boston, and i would tell you to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/31/2014We had a delightful time with delicious food! Our waiter was great. We would definitely go back if we didn't live in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Just lovelyGetbubblyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our waiter was very attentive and just a great person. I miss the focaccia bread thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANtastic as always😋BostongalDined on 5/28/20145-28-14 at 6:15 PM. Cold rainy night in town, we walked in and pleasantly greeted to either go to our ready table or wait at the bar for our other guest to arrive. Bartender gave us a good recommendation on a wine choice, our guest arrived and went up to dinner in this beautiful restaurant . As our waitress said ,the special beef short ribs was a melt in your mouth delight. Truly SPECIAL! Veal parm, excellent and huge! Gnocchi, great as well. Tiramisu was fantastic , not soggy or spongy , with a nice espresso. Very pleasant waitress, at our service, while we visited family from Ohio. We have been here many times, great atmosphere and outdoors in the summer is a true delight. On of the best restaurants in Boston! They never disappoint.Special Features:
- The following 459 reviews are from the Papa Razzi- Boston reviews archive.
- MikeMikeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Service was wonderful. I mention and issue with one herb, chef made everything from scratch, waitress was superb. Food fantastic. Can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.