Paolo's Ristorante - Georgetown
1303 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paolo's Ristorante - Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paolosristorante.com/
- Phone: 2023337353
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:30pm (Bar - last call @ 1:30am - Pizzas served until 12:30am) Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:30am (Bar - last call @ 2:30am - Pizzas served until 1:30am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bill McPartland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Paolo's can host your party of up to 45 guests with a special menu - please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Lenny Hellebuyck 2023337353
- Special Events: Paolo's fabulous Sunday Brunch - featuring Italian Benedict, fabulous Mimosas, even our Brunch Panini... Paolo sets the table on Sunday while you enjoy friends and linger over one more cup of Italian roast. Every Sunday from 11:00am - 3:00pm.
A word from Paolo's Ristorante - Georgetown
The very first Paolo's found its home in historic Georgetown in the 1980's, and has been a Georgetown staple ever since. The bustling ristorante has become a corner fixture in this centuries old melting pot amongst politicians, travelers, shoppers and students. Dine outside and watch the world go by, or sit inside and watch your pizza being prepared in our fabulous brick oven, and most of all - enjoy! Located in the heart of Georgetown, Paolo's serves fine Cal-Italian cuisine full of exciting pizzas and exquisite pastas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paolo's Ristorante - Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (12)good for groups (10)special occasion (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)romantic (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- LisadctOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The location is awesome and had great energy. Too bad god and service didn't match. Not terrible but not awesome either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Shrimp - Really?DCduoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Don't expect anything more than average and don't expect portions to be generous. Shrimp gnocchi at $22 had just 3 regular size shrimp and the portion left my partner hungry. The Scampi at $24 had a whopping FOUR shrimp. Service is pleasant and sufficient, however once we were asked how our meals were, he never returned and eventually came by and asked of we were ready for the check. We had an appetizer to share, two bottles of wine and 2 gin and tonics for a table of four, so we certainly aren't afraid to spend money when dining. But all-in-all there are too many much better Italian restaurants in DC to keep this one on our list of future choices. Third time in several years and most likely our last ever.
- Too much pepper!DPHADined on 8/1/2014The menu looked great and overall the food had quality ingredients, but everything had too much pepper! everything we ordered tasted like pepper and nothing else... I would order without any pepper if I were to go back...Special Features:
- Great Dining Spot!MJK2014Dined on 7/17/2014I have been to Paolo's several times this year and over the last three years. I have never been disappointed in the food or the service. Servers are friendly and attentive. The food is very well prepared and interesting. I was recently there for my birthday with my family and received a free dessert of my choosing. The server wished me a happy birthday several times, which added to a lovely experience. I plan on being a continuing customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outsatndingTimKDined on 7/12/2014We were looking for an italian restaurant in the heart of Georgetown with great food, friendly service and outdoor seating. Paolo's delivered on all three and even exceeded our expectations. Highly recomend it.Special Features:
- Nice relaxing lunch!WhackVIPDined on 7/4/2014We really enjoy Paolo's for a nice outdoor lunch though we are very disappointed that they have taken the seafood salad off the menu. Today we tried the mozzarella and tomato salad. The tomatoes were not as flavorful and delicious as they should be this time of year. We tried the P izza Angelo which is very good. The service is very good at here though and you are never made to feel rushed.Special Features:
- no gameTizLozVIPDined on 6/28/2014Terrible pizza...extremely salted bread...I am Italian and I had wonderful and real Italian food in the US but not at Paolo's.Special Features:
- Onlime menurjsvaDined on 6/28/2014Don't look at the online menu- some food is not on the menu when you get thereSpecial Features:
- Not the sameHouseofPlentyDined on 6/18/2014Visited this establishment a few years ago. Not the same, today. It lost it's charm. Very loud, seemed a bit run down and food was mixed. My son loved the lamb chops. As for the rest of us our food was just okay.
- Paolo's, Georgetown, DCOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We visit DC every year and we make sure that we get to Paolo's for dinner on Saturday night. Food and service are always outstanding. It is on the corner of Wisconsin and N streets in Georgetown. Just love the atmosphere. It feels like we are celebrating an anniversary. I recommend the outdoor seating and always have espresso and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, As AlwaysamahkamovDined on 5/3/2014I came here for brunch with some friends from out of town. This place is wonderful...every time I have visitors from outside the area, this is where we go to hang out, drink mimosas, and eat fabulous brunch. The weekend specials are good, and the food is always delicious! Our waiter was outstanding as well. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the music they play here...it really doesn't match the vibe of the building and the setting in the neighborhood. I would recommend something more instrumental rather than top 40 hits. No biggie though!Special Features:
- Lovely dinner as always at Paolo'sFlamingogalDined on 5/2/2014Whenever I have guest in town and they want a Georgetown dining experience, I take them to Paolo's and we are never disappointed. The food is exquisite and the service is excellent. Our salads were fresh and tasty. My sea bass was absolutely delicious. My sister enjoyed the shrimp scampi. Wine list is excellent also. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The following 338 reviews are from the Paolo's Ristorante - Georgetown reviews archive.
- No complaintsHBearVIPDined on 4/30/2014Great setting, great food, good service, decent wine selection. Paolo's is a great spot for friends new and old to get together for a tasty treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealAnneDined on 4/26/2014Paolo's become one of my favourite weekend brunch spots, they offer grest deal for great food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must dine!Reddevil2nDined on 4/5/2014I travel to DC once a year for work and found Palo's a few years back one one of my trips. From that point on I have visited every time I'm in town and the food and staff are always amazing. The first time I ate there I thought it was the best food I'd ever eaten, and to this day I still feel that way. Spend the money and eat at Palo's, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/4/2014The food was very expensive for the quality that was served.
- Valentine's Day for three?NoneenDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I took our college student to dinner on Valentine's Day and booked on Open Table. The restaurant called the day prior to confirm. No where was it stated that the evening was going to be a special menu - prix fix. We have been to Paolo's numerous times and enjoy their varied menu - not so with their idea of what should be served on Valentine's Day (no pizzas!). That being said, we each found something to eat and enjoyed our time together. Just beware if it is a holiday and they have a special menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but Chilly!HungryDined on 1/28/2014Food was very good although it could have been served hotter: Margharita pizza; Fettucini and Linguini with Clams. Salads were very good. Server was attentive. Our table was located in front of the roaring fireplace which seemed to be a main source of heat in this restaurant during a chilly January evening. Don't know why the heat didn't seem to be working - or maybe it was insufficient as the restaurant seems to be a great one for nice weather with lots of outdoor exposure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgetown Go-to2tired2cookDined on 1/19/2014My boyfriend and I went to Paolo's this past weekend because we were craving some good, authentically Italian pizza. Even in the winter, the stroll from our residence to the restaurant was quite pleasant, and when we arrived at the restaurant, it was lit up — along with Martin's Tavern across the street — and really showed the beauty of the urban neighborhood. We were seated and served water promptly. We ended up ordering (and splitting) a Caesar salad, Margherita pizza, and Mascarpone mashed potatoes (yes, it's weird, we know). Each dish was delicious and the perfect size to share — though the mashed potatoes are actually a side dish. The food's modern, elegant presentation also was quite impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food sub par and too loudNew2noVaDined on 1/19/2014The chicken (fingers) we ordered for my daughter off the kids menu ($8) were in edible. Gristle galore. They did, in their defense, remove that charge from the bill. There was a table of young "professionals" at a nearby table who were clearly three sheets to the wind at 4 on a Sunday afternoon. Overpriced and under delivered. We will not go back nor would I recommend it to anyone.
- Inconsistencies hurtOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/8/2014Our party of four had two good meals and two okay meals. The service was somewhat slow. Not sure we'd go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- good but freezing when cold outsmakDined on 1/3/2014We enjoyed our meal. Breadsticks were as good as ever, Service was very good and friendly. It was very cold outside and even the space heaters placed around the dining area could not bring the temperature into a comfortable range. don't go there when it's cold out!Special Features:
- Great for Special EventsjenihansenVIPDined on 12/31/2013Sergio - Thank you to you and your staff for helping making New Years Eve very special!Special Features:
- Just right on a cold nightGSR1VIPDined on 12/27/2013We walked in from the cold and had an excellent meal in front of a warm fire. The service was excellent as was the food. The negative comment I had was that the music (alternative rock) did not quite fit the atmosphere. Fortunately, the volume was low enough that it was not and issue and did not detract from the meal or the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in GeorgetownArnepDCVIPDined on 12/15/2013We went for an early dinner with friends after a nearby afternoon concert. Paolo's has a wide ranging menu from salads and pizzas to fish and steak. All of our food was excellent, and my lobster risotto was absolutely outstanding. The portions are very large, however, and only one of us was able manage dessert (an egg nog creme brulée), which was also very good. The only downside was the venue -- Paolo's has two rooms: the main dining room (which is always noisy in the evening) and a "garden room", which fine in summer, but which does not appear to have much in the way of central heating. So we all kept our coats on during the meal, and were warned by our food and drink. They have an extensive selection of scotches, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been going to Paolo'sarvaVIPDined on 12/15/2013Have been going to Paolo's for YEARS. Last visit the quality had slipped, but based on the meals we had this time, quality has come back up. One pretty big complain tho. It was FREEZING!!! We did complain and were given a roundabout answer by the hostess. Then the manager came over. Apparently the heating system had broken down. They were using space heaters here and there, but they were insufficient; had to eat with our coats on and were all till quite cold. We should have been told this at the time we stopped in to confirm our reservation and given the option to go elsewhere. By the time we found this out it was too late to go elsewhere. Management should at least have offered free dessert! Server was very good, but other service lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef kindly agreed toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/15/2013The chef kindly agreed to my request to substitute spinach for the onions and potatoes. However, the salmon was covered in olive oil And heavily peppered, making it in edible for me. I was very disappointed as I chose Paoli's based on past good experiences. My friend's food was almost cold and also not particularly tasty.Special Features:
- Portion SizeEsgoodeDined on 12/11/2013You might be curious as I was what the portion size of your meal might be (considering that it is a bit on the pricier side). Upon asking I was not given an estimate and what I was hoping from with the salmon turned out to be less than what I expected. Of course the salad my girlfriend got was large, but neither of us could picture what we were getting. Needless to say, I ended up still hungry and munching on the the delicious bread and garlic spread that they gave us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid performerDesignandDineDined on 11/29/2013Went for dinner after Black Friday shopping. Friendly staff, good bar, reasonable wine list. Flatbread was very good. Great Kale salad. Clams and linguini were very good indeed. Tasty mussels. Service was efficient and the dining experience was not rushed. All four members of our party enjoyed it. Vegetarian request by one of our party was graciously accommodated. Would go back if in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchPSBDCVIPDined on 10/27/2013The brunch menu is somewhat limited, but what is there tastes great. Plus, the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- DissapointedPastaloverDined on 10/26/2013Mi pasta was cold, and sticky. The meat sauce was weak. My husband's veal dish was a little grease.
- A bit louder than expected. ..HoyaHenDined on 10/25/2013Girlfriend's parents came to town and wanted to take them somewhere nice. Well Paolos I thought would fit the bill. Well it used to be a nice place for conversation and the food was better. I left feeling a little disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningHappyNeighborDined on 10/19/2013Food and servcie were excellence. Noise level was more "energetic" than our preference but excellence of food and service outweighed noise concern.Special Features:
- The menu offered lots of choices;BrendaDined on 10/19/2013The menu offered lots of choices; food was excellent, served at a nice pace … not too fast but not too slow. Okay wine options. Didn’t have dessert. First time visitor, but it will not be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar service, fantastic food!petsueDined on 10/13/2013Food was delicious and excellent quality - we all loved the spinach salad with strawberries and feta to start and the cheese tortellini with mushrooms! But the service was just as great - our waiter anticipated our needs without hovering. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Paulos.cliftondutchDined on 10/10/2013A more unusual menu than the regular Italian , the food served was great quality with an outstanding taste. Couple that with a great range of wines and you have the making of a great evening. Definitely not to be mussed when in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We opted for sitting outsideFelnerfoodieDined on 8/31/2013We opted for sitting outside and watching the sights as we dined. The service was very good, the menu contained many tempting items, and the ambience made me feel like I was sitting in a cafe in Italy. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place!MarijaDined on 8/24/2013This was not at all a tourist trap one might expect in the heart of Georgetown. The service was very fast and genuinely friendly. The menu is not huge, but all three meals we had (a scallop dish, a pasta dish and a steak) were outstanding. Additionally, my son's penne bolognese from the kids menu was far better than kids food you usually get at other places. The wine list is also not large, but appears to be carefully selected - both chiantis we had were excellent. The atmosphere is great, and you can't beat people watching from their patio on Wisconsin Ave.Special Features:
- nice people watchingbonesVIPDined on 8/10/2013Made a reservation and when we arrived asked to be seated on the corner patio outside. We were told there were no tables by the hostess despite there being at least 3 open ones . when I pointed that out she gave me a look and then brought us out there. the food was other wise very good and the portions large-lots of families inside with their kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2013We were recommended to come here by our cab driver - not usually my source of recommendations but he was right. A great place, fresh food and something for everyone. Attentive and welcoming staff and a bouncy atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.