Paolo's Italian Restaurant
23810 104th Ave SE
Kent, WA 98031Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paolo's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paolositalian.com/
- Phone: 2538502233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm-8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Paul Raftis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Choose from a variety of dishes that can be picked up or delivered (server optional) to groups of 10 or more hungry guests. Select from appetizers, hors d’oeuvres, salads, entrees, and desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: $1,000 minimum, dinner menu only
Saturday and Sunday only, finish by 3:30pm
3-day notice preferred
Call for more details
- Private Party Contact: Paul Raftis 2533502233x
- Special Events: New Year's Eve
Mother's Day Brunch
Beer Dinner (summertime)
A word from Paolo's Italian Restaurant
For more than 20 years, Paolo’s has been bringing the taste of Italy to Kent. Paul Raftis founded the restaurant after growing up learning to cook along side his mother, Darlene Raftis. He enjoys the open kitchen he can chat with guests as he works. He never tires of hearing "It smells so good in here!" As a marathoner, he is living proof that that you can eat Italian and be healthy. In fact, one of his signature dishes, "Fettucine Paolo" was featured in Runner's World magazine. "It's one of the dishes I developed, it has no cream in it, no butter." It's a delicious pasta dish that utilizes olive oil, garlic, chicken stock, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and chicken. So whether it's bruschetta, cioppino, pizza, or spaghetti and meatballs, Paul thanks each of you for choosing to dine here.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Paolo's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kent ›
Paolo's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (17)kid-friendly (11)romantic (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not bad but overpricedFoodLoverDined on 9/15/2014I was really excited to try Paolo's. It was my first time at this restaurant. The service was great, liked the bread basket; I had Veal Marsala which was pretty good but pasta with red sauce was very mediocre. My husband said the same thing about this fettuccine with meatballs. so unfortunately I had more cons then pros. The ambiance is old and could use some remodeling/updating/redecorating. We sat very close to kitchen and could hear all that was going in kitchen and it was hard to talk. Also for the quality of food..I strongly believe it is very overpriced!!!
- Unassuming neighborhood favorite!TheBeckersDined on 9/5/2014We were really pleased to have found Paolo's. Initially we though it was a Mexican place as the exterior is slightly non-descript. Service was great upon walking in the door, lovely host, server, and busser. My husband had the lasagna because it's the tell tale sign of a good Italian place and I had a spicy chicken pasta with lots of veggies---THE SPAGHETTI NOODLES ARE SPECTACULAR. They are extra thick and were cooked perfectly. And I mean thick, like almost pencil thick, but quite.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJotiDined on 8/27/2014Staff was super flexible with change, food was coming quickly, we were a noisy group with kids for sure but they handled everything so well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to EatLoveToEatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Small stand alone restaurant. Older building. They had a special 4 course menu for $20.99. You had around 6 selections to choose from in each category: appetizer, soup or salad, entrée and dessert. Very good selection of choices. For my appetizer I had the sauted calamari in a tomato sauce and it was excellent. Service was very good, friendly. I only choose off the special menu, so I can not comment on the regular menu items.Special Features:
- unexpectedly delicious!Love2EatDined on 8/20/2014When we first drove up my husband and I both thought oh boy this looks sketchy. But we decided to give it a try anyways because the reviews online were so good. And we were so glad we did! Food was delicious, the staff was super nice and overall it was a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was so delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I really enjoyed the dinning experience at this place. The food was pretty good and so was the service.Special Features:
- the worstTencieDined on 8/4/2014Packed in like sardines. Only three waitress for a large number of people. First beer took forever should have been poured and ready when doors opened. Pizza appetizer awful, salad dressing I would never order again. The rice or whatever it was I noticed no one ate including us. The chicken was good however. Dessert crust was raw and after my or second bite I went into the bathroom fast and threw up. The noise level was unbearable and this whole horrible evening took over three and a half hours. We ask for our bill when dessert was served so we could leave. Sorry about the bad report, but if everyone there had the same experience and told several friends you would be wondering why business was down.....
- Very good food. Kid friendlyTopFuelDined on 7/31/2014We were in town on VK and was looking for Itialian food. We where very surprised how good the food wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet SundayphoodyDined on 7/27/2014We always enjoy eating at Paulo's. We appreciate the simple Tuscanesque décor, the smaller size of the restaurant, and the more subdued noise level. The basic menu is a good mix of typical Italian dishes that are done well. There is also, usually, a seasonal menu with some interesting variations. My own choice this go around was the Kobe beef entre which is a nice cut of meat and was well paired with a mushroom sauce. We will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time I was disappointedLeslieDined on 7/26/2014We have been Paolo lovers for many years and this time we were very disappointed in the service. Before we even sat down the staff was handing us menus... think; I'm in a hurry. The restaurant was not busy and yet there was a feeling of being rushed the entire meal. We've talked up Paolo's to our friends and were a bit embarrassed that this was their first experience there. Hopefully this is not the new norm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Treasure!LELDNYDined on 7/14/2014In all the years we have been going to Paolo's, we have never been disappointed in a meal there. We have always had good service and enjoyed the special menus they have offered from time to time. We like the neighborhood feel we get when we dine there. When our daughter became engaged, we used their catering service for a celebratory dinner party. Our guests loved the food. Paolo's continues to be a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- Paolo's is our favorite restaurantAlTrederDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I go to Paolo's for special occasions, our own and Paolo's (they have a great anniversary dinner event). This time it was my birthday, so I made reservations early, and for 6PM. Turns out the place is not yet packed at 6, so the staff was able to serve us very quickly and the noise level was down. My wife had shrimp and pasta, while I had a summer special of beef medallions in wine sauce. Had to take half of it home with me for next-day lunch. Usually my wife gets beef or lamb and I get seafood (I love Paul's cioppino!), but we switched this time. We both had a scrumptious dessert of warm berry crunch with a scoop of vanilla gelato, and went home well satisfied. Love this place.Special Features:
- food was excellent.ATKPILOTDined on 6/26/2014Great experience. Place was pretty loud. There was a huge group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bite outGreatbiteoutDined on 6/24/2014We had a wonderful time. Carol our server was the best and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatplacetoeatDined on 6/22/2014County, our waiter, did a fantastic job in serving us a great meal! Thank you, Paolo's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Every time I come to Paolo's, I leave with a smile on my face. what a wonderful dining experiance.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemGoldilocksDined on 6/19/2014Have eaten here several times. The service has always been good but not hovering. Have always been very satisfied with the food. The menu is not so large that one has trouble deciding what to order. There are seasonal menus that have good variety.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in along time.HayingirlDined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was very nice and helpful. The food was - mind blowing. It was cooked to perfection! The negative thing was it was packed and very LOUD!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paolo's Italian RestaurantBethDined on 6/14/2014The food is always great, priced just right with great service. We really enjoy the 4 course $20.99 menu it is a awesome value.Special Features:
- so friendly!jchoe11Dined on 6/7/2014It was really cute! the waiter was available at all times and was easy to talk to. it was cute cuz it was prom night and the waiters even prepared sparkling cider for the couples. we went early so there weren't that many people and may be that's why we got great service. the 20.99 four course deal was great! and perfect for two people with another appatizer.Special Features:
- Meh...ThisIsJohnGaltSpeakingDined on 5/31/2014I am a bit miffed by the ratings for this restaurant. Maybe I just came in on a bad night? All I know is that the food was just "okay" at best. Nothing was horrible, but nothing stood out either. The service, again, was just "okay." No major complaints, but no room for any kudos either.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Paolo's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Happy DinerHappydinerDined on 5/31/2014We have been to Paolo's many times and have always had excellent food and service! It is, in our opinion, one of the few higher quality restaurants in the Kent East Hill area. They offer an "Early Diner" menu with a nice selection of items that are smaller in portion size and price, or a larger selection of entrees from the regular menu. If we had a complaint, it woud be the noise level when the restaurant is full of people, which it typically is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest VisitphoodyDined on 5/17/2014We always enjoy our visits to Paolo's. The atmosphere is pleasant and the service is always friendly. It's on the smaller side so it never feels crowded. The menu isn't huge but offers a nice variety of mostly typical Italian dishes that are well prepared. Seasonal selections and specials add some nice variation to the standard choices. Probably the best accolade is we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great localOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoy the intimacy of this smaller restaurant. The food is consistently good and service excellent. We have dined here several times and hope to continue in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mealomnivore4sureDined on 5/10/2014Our table was ready based on our reservation. Staff was friendly and informative. The food was up to its usual standard, making this one of the better places in Kent to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodDined on 5/9/2014The food was excellent in flavor and presentation.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemvikingchiefDined on 5/8/2014We have been going to Paolo's for a long time and find this restaurant exceptional in all respects. The food is GREAT and the staff is willing to accommodate changes and very friendly. The chef is renowned for the quality of food. The dessert selection is absolutely fantastic . Be sure to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2014I will go back. Food was very good, portions were perfect and price was very well matched to value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backCalypsuDined on 3/28/2014Took my husband there to celebrate the end of a bitter/sweet week. The wonderful food and great service made our restaurant choice one to remember. We will definitely be back - and SOON. Maybe this time we will even introduce some friends to this fabulous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014I love this place.. The food is always excellent. My favorite Italian restaurant in the entire area. Would recommend it to everyone who enjoys authentic Italian food.Special Features:
- a spot for good Italian foodfl013Dined on 3/23/2014This was not our first visit to Paolo's. Although it's not close to our house, we enjoy going there whenever we can. We have family who live close by, and they introduced us to this restaurant. My husband and I, as well as my sister and brother in law, all have our own favorite dishes. The prices are reasonable and they also offer a good dining deal for those who are there before 5:30. It's worth looking out for. We know we will always have good food at Paolo's and very good service.Special Features:
- Great food worth a visit!KReedDined on 3/9/2014Tucked into a strip mall type space that doesn't do justice to the food, Paolo's offers a wonderful selection of Italian dishes. The ingredients are fresh. Items are homemade (like the out of this world Creamy Gorgonzola salad dressing). Service is attentive and the food comes quickly but is nicely paced so you can enjoy a bottle of wine. The atmosphere is casual and since ti's a smallish space it gets fairly noisy. Parking is a breeze. Love this place!Special Features:
- Catering researchlight4hymnDined on 3/2/2014We had a wonderful experience. Truthfully it was our 3 or 4th visit. Never disappointed! We were going this time to try the lasagna for an upcoming event. It was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBethDined on 2/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner we all ordered off the 4 course $20.99 menu. The food was as great as always. This truly is the best restaurant in Kent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were surprised that theyTrishaDined on 2/16/2014We were surprised that they did not have a table reserved for us and we had to wait until they could find and set up a table. Then we sat for over 20 minutes before any waiter came to our table, he apologized and left us for 10 more minutes. They were not that busy. I was very disappointed, as this is a favorite restaurant of mine and had out of town guests visiting.
- Great Food + Loud Violin = bummerTahoeEdDined on 2/15/2014A special Valentine's menu at our favorite restaurant with a live violinist sounded great, but in reality, it was difficult evening. First off - the food was fantastic! Exactly what we always expect at Paolo's - fresh, perfectly prepared, melt in your mouth deliciousness. However, it felt as if the restaurant was not ready for the full house this menu and holiday brought. We arrived 10 minutes before our reservation, joined 6 others waiting in the lobby area with no hostess in sight. We waited 20 minutes with only a single brief appearance by the hostess during the wait. We were seated 2 tables away from a VERY loud violinist. I had to beg my wife to stay, but she had a headache by the end of the meal. Paolo - skip the music next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningValentineDinerDined on 2/14/2014We have been there before for dinner. Just not on a special night like Valentines Day. It was just as good if not better. We got in right away without having to wait and that is hard to do on Valentine's day. They had a special menu for the occasion that had something for everyone on it. I am a pickey eater and found many options on the menu I would enjoy. Overall it was a great experience and would recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!SplashDined on 2/14/2014The special Valentines day menu was a nice surprise when we arrived. Everything from a glass of sparkling wine, delicious appetizer plate, salad or soup, entree and dessert was included for $40 or less! Paul always makes great food and this was no exception. If there was one thing to complain about it was that the volume from the violin player made it difficult to carry on a conversation. I would gladly put up with it again for the excellent food! Thank you Paul and team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hit Once AgainAlTrederDined on 2/14/2014We eat at Paolo's on special occasions (love the special menus) and whenever we want to treat ourselves. Last week was the wife's birthday, and this week was Valentine's Day. Sometimes I make up an excuse (because it does cost more than your friendly neighborhood Mexican restaurant). I have never failed to enjoy the food here. When they get busy, the service is sometimes slow, but it's always cheerful anyway, and I leave satisfied. These last two times, I also left with half the entree, to enjoy again, because it was too much to finish at one seating. Paolo's is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were early enough this timeAlTrederDined on 2/7/2014We go to Paolo's several times a year now, because the food is so good. Paul's cioppino is the best anywhere. My wife loves the lamb chops in wine sauce, usually offered only on special occasions, or gorgonzola steak. This was her birthday, and we arrived before 5:30, so we qualified for the special menu, which is four courses for about $20 each. Instead of the usual we went with the special menu and got meatballs on spaghetti for her and lasagna for me. We like those dishes anyway, but had never ordered them at Paolo's because they seem available anywhere. Well, we were very pleased, and took half the entree home to enjoy again, because there was so much of it. Like Wolfgang Puck does for soups, Paul puts extra goodness into his recipes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.