Paolo's Italian Restaurant
23810 104th Ave SE
Kent, WA 98031Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paolo's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paolositalian.com/
- Phone: (253) 850-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm-8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Paul Raftis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Choose from a variety of dishes that can be picked up or delivered (server optional) to groups of 10 or more hungry guests. Select from appetizers, hors d’oeuvres, salads, entrees, and desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: $1,000 minimum, dinner menu only
Saturday and Sunday only, finish by 3:30pm
3-day notice preferred
Call for more details
- Private Party Contact: Paul Raftis 2533502233x
- Special Events: New Year's Eve
Mother's Day Brunch
Beer Dinner (summertime)
A word from Paolo's Italian Restaurant
For more than 20 years, Paolo’s has been bringing the taste of Italy to Kent. Paul Raftis founded the restaurant after growing up learning to cook along side his mother, Darlene Raftis. He enjoys the open kitchen he can chat with guests as he works. He never tires of hearing "It smells so good in here!" As a marathoner, he is living proof that that you can eat Italian and be healthy. In fact, one of his signature dishes, "Fettucine Paolo" was featured in Runner's World magazine. "It's one of the dishes I developed, it has no cream in it, no butter." It's a delicious pasta dish that utilizes olive oil, garlic, chicken stock, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and chicken. So whether it's bruschetta, cioppino, pizza, or spaghetti and meatballs, Paul thanks each of you for choosing to dine here.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Paolo's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kent ›
Paolo's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (14)romantic (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- WOW!!! Who knew a high class restaurant?in Kent,WAPaoloFanDined on 11/13/2014I chose this restaurant based on one prior experience, about 20 years ago, when I had lunch, there. To my amazement, this visit was 3000 times even better than prior visit. Restaurant location is in a non-glamourous part of Kent, WA. Who knew that outside and inside of Paolo's is gorgeous (improved interior decor; attractive outside, including theme of Italian tower as landmark) is FANTASTIC. The restaurant interior was like a combined small bistro and elegant restaurant. I say bistro, because the interior space sign said maximum diner capacity is 48 people. Tables and chairs are very nice. Solid wood tables, without place mats or table cloths. Very clean dishes and silverware. Diners can see chefs cook, because there is open, exposed cooking area and working is viewable. That adds some noise, but, it is relatively quiet and the workers are not yelling information about orders to each other. Food was fantastic. Fortunately, I read ahead of time, that seafood is very good. It seemed that other reviewers made a definite point that, one could trust and enjoy good seafood, there. I ordered seafood fettucini (cost $22.00), three legged wine ($30+ per bottle), and minestrone soup. Others in my party ordered special deal: 4 course dinner for $21.99. They ordered: bread, clams, chicken gorgonzola, and dessert. I looked at their portions, and with exception of dessert, their portions seemed generous. I compared their entree and my full price entree, and perhaps their portion might have been slightly smaller, but it did not look like their entree and mine were different. Wait staff were beautifully dressed in black. Wait staff were quiet, professional, and I felt well cared for by them. A high class experience, for sure. I think my guests were also pleased with the dining experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian.... AGAINRossLyonsMamaDined on 11/8/2014Once again I had a great meal at Paolo's Italian Restaurant on Kent's Easr Hill. This is not unusual. It is my expectation. My guests from Seattle and beyond were rightly tortured by having to choose one of the tempting entrees to enjoy at our event last night. Pollo Marsala, Tortellinni Gorgonzola, the daily special: squash ravioli with walnut cream sauce with dried cranberries, cannelloni and ScallopsTuaca. Each one made fresh and full of flavor. Bites shared round the table proved no one had made a poor choice! Every item delicious, cooked and seasoned just right! We managed to talk ourselves into an excessive and indulgent number of desserts! Not a dud in the bunch! None to take home either!! ;) Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014I took a date out on a Tuesday night for dinner, wasn't going for anything super fancy (that's in the works) but wanted to still have a nice experience. I am not from Kent so jumped online and saw this place pop up on a few different review sites with good reviews on it so decided to give it a shot. The food was so much better than I was expecting, it was just down right amazing! The waitress was great as well. I think they could improve the look of the inside and maybe change up the lighting on their sign outside (made me think of a strip club, but maybe that't just me). I would still highly recommend this place to any one and am keeping it on my list of places to visit again in the future!!!!!Special Features:
- We always enjoy Paolo'sLocalcustomerDined on 11/2/2014I usually go for lunch . Dinner is a special treat. Everything on the menu sounds great but I can't pass up the chick gorgonzola. Each year I look forward to the butternut squash soup so going this month is a win, win situation. The service is always friendly and the staff will certainly go out of their way to accommodate you. Paolo's is a neighborhood treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodLaraDined on 11/1/2014I grew up eating Italian food and was super excited to find Paolo's many years ago as the food is like my parents and grandparents used to make for us! My parents have both raved about their minestrone soup as well as their other dishes. My personal favorites are their Marsala chicken, Gorgonzola chicken and their side salad with gorgonzola salad dressing. Save some room for desert, they have several amazing items to tempt you. The restaurant is family friendly and there are smaller tables for a more romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Green River CC hosted a dinnerjmacDined on 10/30/2014The Washington Council for Engineering and Related Technical Education (WCERTE) held a dinner at Paolo's sponsored by us before our semiannual meeting at the GRCC campus in Kent Station. I reserved space for twenty, and when 24 showed up you handled it smoothly. We may have overwhelmed your staff a bit, and the wait was a touch long, but understandable. The food was great, and everyone had a good time. I would recommend your establishment any time to others.Special Features:
- Date NightPaolosDined on 10/26/2014Our dinner service was outstanding. The restaurant is a little dated but clean. The food was just as expected and tasted amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had a fine celebration. A bit noisy and hard to hear across the table, but that's partly age, too. Thank you.Special Features:
- improvement neededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Was seated promptly and given the anniversary menu. I asked if we could see the regular menu, the waitress only brought over one (there were 3 of us) and failed to mention I could not get the 4 course dinner due to the anniversary menu until I tried to order. After we placed our orders, from then on the waitress was inattentive, would walk by but not stop or make eye contact. Plenty of staff came by to pick up empty plates and fill water glasses but no one asked if we needed anything else(refill of something other than water). When our food arrived I was surprised on how small the portions were, considering the price.The food tasted good but overall nothing special. overall the food is overpriced for the portions and the staff inattentive
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Palolo's is a gem and only outstanding restaurant on the East Hill of Kent. (and the best in the Seattle area)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome dining neighborhood gemBarbDined on 10/17/2014We are never disappointed when we choose to dine at Paolo's Italian Restaurant. Each dish has its own special taste bursting with unique flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDining2nightDined on 10/14/2014One of our favorite places to dine. Great food, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Find in the 'hoodCoolestAuntDined on 10/11/2014We were looking to celebrate a birthday and wanted seafood fettuccine specifically. Initially we were going to Seattle but then decided to try staying local and found Paolo's. What a great discovery! Great, friendly service, wonderful food, reasonable pricing. Only slight negative was that the kids serving really is for young kids - my 8year old was still hungry after cleaning his plate. We will definitely be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerfabfordinnerDined on 10/4/2014I have been going to Paolo's for over 15 years. They have the best gorgonzola dressing and sauces. I purchase a tub of gorgonzola dressing every time we go. It's great to see Paolo himself cooking behind the counter. Everyone is friendly and know their menu items and wine.Special Features:
- Paolo'sBCoxDined on 10/3/2014Paolo's is our favorite restaurant to go to when someone takes our kids for the night. The food is well above average without the drive to Seattle. The kitchen is completely open and clean. Often I see the owner cooking right along side the kitchen staff. As a small business owner who rarely gets to go out for a nice dinner with my wife I am always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!HappyTummyDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I have been going to Paolo's for a few years now, usually for birthdays and around Valentines. We always have a great meal (we both have our particular favorites). I love the blue cheese dressing for their salad, and it's so nice that the salad isn't too big, it's just right. My go to meal is the Crab and Scallop Pasta, which I always try really hard to just eat half so I can have a great lunch the next day. And the Tiramisu and Lemon Cheesecake are the bomb!! And my husband's Veal Marsala? Well, the waitstaff doesn't have a whole lot of cleaning to do after he's finished :)Special Features:
- Not bad but overpricedFoodLoverDined on 9/15/2014I was really excited to try Paolo's. It was my first time at this restaurant. The service was great, liked the bread basket; I had Veal Marsala which was pretty good but pasta with red sauce was very mediocre. My husband said the same thing about this fettuccine with meatballs. so unfortunately I had more cons then pros. The ambiance is old and could use some remodeling/updating/redecorating. We sat very close to kitchen and could hear all that was going in kitchen and it was hard to talk. Also for the quality of food..I strongly believe it is very overpriced!!!
- Unassuming neighborhood favorite!TheBeckersDined on 9/5/2014We were really pleased to have found Paolo's. Initially we though it was a Mexican place as the exterior is slightly non-descript. Service was great upon walking in the door, lovely host, server, and busser. My husband had the lasagna because it's the tell tale sign of a good Italian place and I had a spicy chicken pasta with lots of veggies---THE SPAGHETTI NOODLES ARE SPECTACULAR. They are extra thick and were cooked perfectly. And I mean thick, like almost pencil thick, but quite.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJotiDined on 8/27/2014Staff was super flexible with change, food was coming quickly, we were a noisy group with kids for sure but they handled everything so well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to EatLoveToEatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Small stand alone restaurant. Older building. They had a special 4 course menu for $20.99. You had around 6 selections to choose from in each category: appetizer, soup or salad, entrée and dessert. Very good selection of choices. For my appetizer I had the sauted calamari in a tomato sauce and it was excellent. Service was very good, friendly. I only choose off the special menu, so I can not comment on the regular menu items.Special Features:
- unexpectedly delicious!Love2EatDined on 8/20/2014When we first drove up my husband and I both thought oh boy this looks sketchy. But we decided to give it a try anyways because the reviews online were so good. And we were so glad we did! Food was delicious, the staff was super nice and overall it was a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was so delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I really enjoyed the dinning experience at this place. The food was pretty good and so was the service.Special Features:
- the worstTencieDined on 8/4/2014Packed in like sardines. Only three waitress for a large number of people. First beer took forever should have been poured and ready when doors opened. Pizza appetizer awful, salad dressing I would never order again. The rice or whatever it was I noticed no one ate including us. The chicken was good however. Dessert crust was raw and after my or second bite I went into the bathroom fast and threw up. The noise level was unbearable and this whole horrible evening took over three and a half hours. We ask for our bill when dessert was served so we could leave. Sorry about the bad report, but if everyone there had the same experience and told several friends you would be wondering why business was down.....
- Very good food. Kid friendlyTopFuelDined on 7/31/2014We were in town on VK and was looking for Itialian food. We where very surprised how good the food wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Paolo's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Quiet SundayphoodyDined on 7/27/2014We always enjoy eating at Paulo's. We appreciate the simple Tuscanesque décor, the smaller size of the restaurant, and the more subdued noise level. The basic menu is a good mix of typical Italian dishes that are done well. There is also, usually, a seasonal menu with some interesting variations. My own choice this go around was the Kobe beef entre which is a nice cut of meat and was well paired with a mushroom sauce. We will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time I was disappointedLeslieDined on 7/26/2014We have been Paolo lovers for many years and this time we were very disappointed in the service. Before we even sat down the staff was handing us menus... think; I'm in a hurry. The restaurant was not busy and yet there was a feeling of being rushed the entire meal. We've talked up Paolo's to our friends and were a bit embarrassed that this was their first experience there. Hopefully this is not the new norm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Treasure!LELDNYDined on 7/14/2014In all the years we have been going to Paolo's, we have never been disappointed in a meal there. We have always had good service and enjoyed the special menus they have offered from time to time. We like the neighborhood feel we get when we dine there. When our daughter became engaged, we used their catering service for a celebratory dinner party. Our guests loved the food. Paolo's continues to be a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- Paolo's is our favorite restaurantAlTrederDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I go to Paolo's for special occasions, our own and Paolo's (they have a great anniversary dinner event). This time it was my birthday, so I made reservations early, and for 6PM. Turns out the place is not yet packed at 6, so the staff was able to serve us very quickly and the noise level was down. My wife had shrimp and pasta, while I had a summer special of beef medallions in wine sauce. Had to take half of it home with me for next-day lunch. Usually my wife gets beef or lamb and I get seafood (I love Paul's cioppino!), but we switched this time. We both had a scrumptious dessert of warm berry crunch with a scoop of vanilla gelato, and went home well satisfied. Love this place.Special Features:
- food was excellent.ATKPILOTDined on 6/26/2014Great experience. Place was pretty loud. There was a huge group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bite outGreatbiteoutDined on 6/24/2014We had a wonderful time. Carol our server was the best and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatplacetoeatDined on 6/22/2014County, our waiter, did a fantastic job in serving us a great meal! Thank you, Paolo's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Every time I come to Paolo's, I leave with a smile on my face. what a wonderful dining experiance.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemGoldilocksDined on 6/19/2014Have eaten here several times. The service has always been good but not hovering. Have always been very satisfied with the food. The menu is not so large that one has trouble deciding what to order. There are seasonal menus that have good variety.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in along time.HayingirlDined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was very nice and helpful. The food was - mind blowing. It was cooked to perfection! The negative thing was it was packed and very LOUD!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paolo's Italian RestaurantBethDined on 6/14/2014The food is always great, priced just right with great service. We really enjoy the 4 course $20.99 menu it is a awesome value.Special Features:
- so friendly!jchoe11Dined on 6/7/2014It was really cute! the waiter was available at all times and was easy to talk to. it was cute cuz it was prom night and the waiters even prepared sparkling cider for the couples. we went early so there weren't that many people and may be that's why we got great service. the 20.99 four course deal was great! and perfect for two people with another appatizer.Special Features:
- Meh...ThisIsJohnGaltSpeakingDined on 5/31/2014I am a bit miffed by the ratings for this restaurant. Maybe I just came in on a bad night? All I know is that the food was just "okay" at best. Nothing was horrible, but nothing stood out either. The service, again, was just "okay." No major complaints, but no room for any kudos either.
- Happy DinerHappydinerDined on 5/31/2014We have been to Paolo's many times and have always had excellent food and service! It is, in our opinion, one of the few higher quality restaurants in the Kent East Hill area. They offer an "Early Diner" menu with a nice selection of items that are smaller in portion size and price, or a larger selection of entrees from the regular menu. If we had a complaint, it woud be the noise level when the restaurant is full of people, which it typically is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest VisitphoodyDined on 5/17/2014We always enjoy our visits to Paolo's. The atmosphere is pleasant and the service is always friendly. It's on the smaller side so it never feels crowded. The menu isn't huge but offers a nice variety of mostly typical Italian dishes that are well prepared. Seasonal selections and specials add some nice variation to the standard choices. Probably the best accolade is we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great localOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoy the intimacy of this smaller restaurant. The food is consistently good and service excellent. We have dined here several times and hope to continue in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.