14928 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giacominodrago.com/panzanella.htm
- Phone: 8187844400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomino & Tanino Drago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panzanella offers offsite catering. Please inquire by calling the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Panzella offers private lunch parties with set menus. Please inquire by calling the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: On Site Manager 8187844400
- Special Events: Weddings, Birthdays, Showers, Barmitva
A word from Panzanella Ristorante
We can accommodate Private Luncheons in our Private Dining Rooms. Please call with your inquiries. Panzanella Ristorante features delicious Italian and Sicilian cuisine of the Drago family in modern, yet elegant setting. At Panzanella, they bring you an extensive choice of fine wines to compliment your palate. The warm, professional and knowledgeable staff invites you to return often for superb dinner experiences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Panzanella Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Panzanella Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (60)special occasion (54)romantic (41)notable wine list (34)good for groups (21)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Always Excellentsas75VIPDined on 10/18/2014I love Panzanella. This place is always excellent. I especially love the energetic vibe in the restaurant. The food and service are always excellent. I have been here a dozen times (always bringing new friends) and everyone always loves it and the food is always excellent. Whatever they are doing - they are doing it right.Special Features:
- Outstanding every time!LovetoEatWellDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I have dined here many times and the food is always great! Wide variety of dishes so you never get bored. Great place for a special dinner. Try the white truffle dishes while they are in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- October DinnerabracadebraDined on 10/16/2014One of the best burratas I've ever had. Nice pasta dish. Could have used more garlic but the pasta itself was good. This restaurant features truffle dishes at this time of year so if you are a fan I would recommend a dinner here. Service was excellent. I had requested a quiet table when making the reservation but we were seated in the middle of the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2014Stick to items on the menu. The warm bread and authentic breadsticks are a fantastic opener. You feel that tasty olive oil in their spread. Main dinning room was loud but good energy. Our waitress was fantastic and super attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceJulieDined on 10/11/2014Everyone at the restaurant was quite helpful. Our hostess Julie and waitress Martina were lovely. My only complaint was that valet parking was a bit pricey. Next time, I will look for street parking. Other than that, I look forward to dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service but very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/1/2014My husband and I dined here to celebrate our anniversary. The food was good, but it didn't blow me away. The service, however, was impeccable. Our server was outstanding. He was polite, attentive, funny, warm and very friendly. I would come back just to see him again!! The noise level was a bit off putting. We had to almost yell to each other across the table in order to hear each other! Not very romantic! LOL This was on a Wednesday night, too so I am not sure why it was so loud. We would return because of the service. It really was incredible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2014We have been coming to Panzanella for over 10 years. It is ALWAYS consistant, they are always so welcoming and it is one of our favorite restaurants! We are known by name and have had many special occasion dinners, romantic dinners and New Years Eve dinners at this fabulous place. You can't go wrong with any item on the menu. Enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014Expect an expensive valet parking charge. Guess we as patrons need to deduct this charge against the tip. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Italian in ValleyWineLoverVIPDined on 9/28/2014Panzanella is a comfortable fairly elegant restaurant with the best Italian food in the valley. We normally split each course. If we split a salad, pasta, main course and a dessert, we have quite a bit to take home. Last night we had 3 courses: the artichoke salad, a rib eye steak, and panacotta. We had more than we could eat. Everything was good, though we were sorry that we had the rib eye steak rather than something more characteristicly Italian. The wine list is good with average prices. We had an Il Poggione Rosso di Montalcino for $60. Dress is fairly casual but a suit is not inappropriate. We were coming from a matinee at the opera and didn't feel overdressed. Most men had a sport coat, but no tie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OdedVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great dinner, great service by Norberto. We love Magda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good...FoodForThoughtVIPDined on 9/24/2014...so we always return. Went for our 20th wedding anniversary. They moved us to a more private table after another couple finished. Not necessary but very nice. Great food. Had a relaxing 2.5 hour dinner and never felt rushed. Brought us a beautiful desert with best wishes. Only problem this time was they waited too long to clear plates after each course, despite wait staff standing around. Still, we will return as this is one of our favorite Valley food spots.Special Features:
- First Visit was a SuccessVinceMDined on 9/24/2014We had a large family dinner here last week and were very impressed. The food and service were excellent, and the decor was fresh and inviting. We liked it so much we made reservations to return the next weekend with another couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHOEGAL1Dined on 9/23/2014As usual, dinner was amazing. The food and service were perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulAwinrmVIPDined on 9/21/2014When in L.A., we always try to visit all of the Drago brothers restaurants, including Panzanella. Always great AUTHENTIC Italiam food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningbokportVIPDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated my mom's 81st birthday here on a Saturday night. We were a party of six and were seated at a round table in a back room which was perfect. The server and his attendant were fabulous. Food was delicious and they brought my mom a beautiful dessert with her name written in chocolate on the plate. It was a wonderful evening enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemBossAZDined on 9/12/2014is an accurate description. Restaurant was fairly busy but a lot of regulars, which is always a good sign. Savory and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanoVIPDined on 9/9/2014My favorite places to dine in the Valley. Many celebs can be found here too.Special Features:
- Go to Neighborhood RestaurantFussyEatersDined on 8/31/2014We shared the Tricolore Salad and ordered the special Veal Chop and the special homemade pappardelle pasta with pheasant ragu/sauce. The food and service was excellent. We typically dine early at 6:30 when the restaurant is normally quiet. We really appreciate the effort staff makes to seat us at our preferred table and to inquire about our wine and food. We always feel like special guests.Special Features:
- MsVirgMsVirgDined on 8/30/2014A very good menu. The pasta dishes good for sharing for two. Good bread and bread sticks. The best Italian restaurant in the SF Valley. Service is good and the staff is friendly. The entries are plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshly Made for your taste budsGemFinderDined on 8/28/2014Our server was so warm and attentive to our table. Felt like he was inviting friends over to his house. The food was savory, ingredients freshly prepared. You can taste the various flavors in each bite. A local gem that I rave about to my friends and family, and rave about it again every time I go here. Love to come here for special occasions as well. Only draw back is if the restaurant is packed, the noise level can sometimes make it hard to hear the people you are dining with. Other than that, this place is wonderful for special occasions, or just a fun dinner with friends and family.Special Features:
- Bravissimo!GaryCDined on 8/25/2014Great food and service (best butternut squash I've ever tasted, and the Panna Cotta dessert was lovely!). Valet parking a bit steep, though, at $7.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good restaurant!luvdogsDined on 8/23/2014Panzanella is always a great choice for dining. The food and service are wonderful. It is one of our favorites!Special Features:
- A Neighborhood GemFussyEatersDined on 8/21/2014We in the Valley are lucky to have a restaurant as good as Panzanella. In our opinion, it is the best Italian restaurant in all of the Valley. We like the large varied menu, wine list and with the nightly specials we never get bored eating there. The staff is knowledgeable, very friendly and eager to please. As a business owner, I enjoy watching how well it is run. So, regardless of location, it is our go-to place for fine dining.Special Features:
- B-day dinnerTraceyDined on 8/19/2014Brought my girlfriend for dinner and everything was fabulous. Amazing service, phenomenal food, and a piece of flourless chocolate cake with a candle to top off a wonderful meal. We will be returning for more.Special Features:
- LobsterloverlobsterloverDined on 8/16/2014A major disappointment - Let's begin with the tables. Perhaps half the size of a standard table in the attempt to squeeze in as many diners as possible. My party of four were juggling plates and glasses throughout the meal. And the proximity! One on top of the other which didn't really matter. You could not overhear the conversation at the next table because the overall noise level was so high. Our main courses were the ravioli spinaci, bronzino, pasta with truffles, and the seafood linguini. With the single exception of the linguini the other dishes were at best, mediocre. The ravioli smothered in tomato sauce and overcooked, the bronzino tasteless, and the truffles well over the hill. This is one Drago Restaurant we'll pass on.
- Fine Italian EatingLovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014We go to panzanella about once a month. You should make a reservation. The food is outstanding! The service is great! I would highly recommend Panzanella RistoranteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but pricyBigNormDined on 8/12/2014Not the best of Drago's restaurants, though it is conveniently in Sherman Oaks, Pnazanella had very good service byt food that is not unusual in Italian-restaurant-flooded Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Homemade pasta!kellyDined on 8/4/2014Coming back from our Italy trip this year we had a hard time with 'regular' Italian restaurants in the area, they just wouldn't live up to our expectations any more. Panzanella finally could satisfy our craving for real and tasty Italian food. The homemade pasta is outstanding, the appetizers and the desserts were delicious as well! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Restaurant!Words4bethVIPDined on 8/2/2014Have dined here many times and NEVER had a bad meal - food is always exceptional and service the same - yes it's noisy but no worse then most and worth the noise for the superb food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food Wonderful Servicegreatdining47Dined on 8/2/2014Had birthday dinner with my wife and daughter. Just a wonderful experience. Food and wine were terrific and attentiveness of all wait staff personnel was outstanding. I highly recommend Panzarella Ristorante.Special Features:
- swaiamanVIPDined on 8/1/2014I've eaten here multiple times and the food is always outstanding as it was last night. This was the only time that I had less than optimal service from a waiter who bordered on being rude. When I told him I knew the wine list since I ate frequently at the restaurant he responded: "so do I". He left before taking our drinks order, was slow in taking our food order and even slower on getting me the check. The food did come out promptly and was great as usual. Maybe he was having a bad day.Special Features:
- Always great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We came here during the dine - LA week. As always it was good eating. I started with the calamari fritti, which was well - prepared. The sauce was a spicy marinara which was pretty ordinary but good. A nice sweet & sour sauce would have probably been better but you would find that more at an Asian fusion restaurant but it was still good. The main course W's an expertly prepared striped bass with charred skin that was delicious as we're the garlic mas potatoes & the grilled zucchini. The dessert a pana cotta garnished with strawberries were equally delicious. The ambience was beautiful but quite noisy & the tables, as usual were too close to each other but expected in LA. All in all, a great dining experience. I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find good Italian in LARichardRDined on 7/26/2014The Panzanella salad with tomatoes and bread is always good, the spaghetti wrapped in eggplant is amazing, and the fish special was mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to shoutluvtodinethereDined on 7/19/2014Aside from the noise factor, food was great. Sat between to parties of 4 who spoke loudly -- did not use inside voices.Special Features:
- Great place for DinnerConcertDinerDined on 7/19/2014Love the food at this establishment. Good service, never tire of this place. Service was a little slow, busy night, but still excellent.\ Great for dinner with friends.Special Features:
- One of Sherman Oaks bestJasonViolinVIPDined on 7/19/2014Panzanella continues to be a resturantan with excellent cuisine and good service-The Drago's are a class actSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014I was expecting a bit more flavor from the dishes. They were rather bland - the pasta was something I could have made at home... nothing special. I was disappointed - most probably won't dine there again.Special Features:
- Great for DineLA Restaurant WeekChesleyDined on 7/16/2014My boyfriend and I ate here and ordered from the restaurant week menu, which had a few great options and was very filling! Most of the food was excellent, although the Caesar salad appetizer was nothing to brag about. We had a great time and had FANTASTIC service. However, it was very noisy in the main room even only half full on a Wednesday night. Would definitely return though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thaks NorbertoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Victoria and I had a great time and will be back the white sea bass with roasted beets was amazingSpecial Features:
- FantasticBrianReevesDined on 7/9/2014This is where we go for special nights out away from the kids. Always great service and recommendations from the server...amd I always love trying the specials of the day. I have never had a bad meal, and their wine pairing recommendations have always been spot on. End your meal with one of their desserts, with a nice Frangelico after dinner cordial drink. You're welcome. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.