14928 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giacominodrago.com/panzanella.htm
- Phone: 8187844400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomino & Tanino Drago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panzanella offers offsite catering. Please inquire by calling the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Panzella offers private lunch parties with set menus. Please inquire by calling the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: On Site Manager 8187844400
- Special Events: Weddings, Birthdays, Showers, Barmitva
A word from Panzanella Ristorante
We can accommodate Private Luncheons in our Private Dining Rooms. Please call with your inquiries. Panzanella Ristorante features delicious Italian and Sicilian cuisine of the Drago family in modern, yet elegant setting. At Panzanella, they bring you an extensive choice of fine wines to compliment your palate. The warm, professional and knowledgeable staff invites you to return often for superb dinner experiences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Panzanella Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Panzanella Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (50)romantic (37)notable wine list (36)good for groups (22)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Go to Neighborhood RestaurantFussyEatersDined on 8/31/2014We shared the Tricolore Salad and ordered the special Veal Chop and the special homemade pappardelle pasta with pheasant ragu/sauce. The food and service was excellent. We typically dine early at 6:30 when the restaurant is normally quiet. We really appreciate the effort staff makes to seat us at our preferred table and to inquire about our wine and food. We always feel like special guests.Special Features:
- MsVirgMsVirgDined on 8/30/2014A very good menu. The pasta dishes good for sharing for two. Good bread and bread sticks. The best Italian restaurant in the SF Valley. Service is good and the staff is friendly. The entries are plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshly Made for your taste budsGemFinderDined on 8/28/2014Our server was so warm and attentive to our table. Felt like he was inviting friends over to his house. The food was savory, ingredients freshly prepared. You can taste the various flavors in each bite. A local gem that I rave about to my friends and family, and rave about it again every time I go here. Love to come here for special occasions as well. Only draw back is if the restaurant is packed, the noise level can sometimes make it hard to hear the people you are dining with. Other than that, this place is wonderful for special occasions, or just a fun dinner with friends and family.Special Features:
- Bravissimo!GaryCDined on 8/25/2014Great food and service (best butternut squash I've ever tasted, and the Panna Cotta dessert was lovely!). Valet parking a bit steep, though, at $7.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good restaurant!luvdogsDined on 8/23/2014Panzanella is always a great choice for dining. The food and service are wonderful. It is one of our favorites!Special Features:
- A Neighborhood GemFussyEatersDined on 8/21/2014We in the Valley are lucky to have a restaurant as good as Panzanella. In our opinion, it is the best Italian restaurant in all of the Valley. We like the large varied menu, wine list and with the nightly specials we never get bored eating there. The staff is knowledgeable, very friendly and eager to please. As a business owner, I enjoy watching how well it is run. So, regardless of location, it is our go-to place for fine dining.Special Features:
- B-day dinnerTraceyDined on 8/19/2014Brought my girlfriend for dinner and everything was fabulous. Amazing service, phenomenal food, and a piece of flourless chocolate cake with a candle to top off a wonderful meal. We will be returning for more.Special Features:
- LobsterloverlobsterloverDined on 8/16/2014A major disappointment - Let's begin with the tables. Perhaps half the size of a standard table in the attempt to squeeze in as many diners as possible. My party of four were juggling plates and glasses throughout the meal. And the proximity! One on top of the other which didn't really matter. You could not overhear the conversation at the next table because the overall noise level was so high. Our main courses were the ravioli spinaci, bronzino, pasta with truffles, and the seafood linguini. With the single exception of the linguini the other dishes were at best, mediocre. The ravioli smothered in tomato sauce and overcooked, the bronzino tasteless, and the truffles well over the hill. This is one Drago Restaurant we'll pass on.
- Fine Italian EatingLovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014We go to panzanella about once a month. You should make a reservation. The food is outstanding! The service is great! I would highly recommend Panzanella RistoranteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but pricyBigNormDined on 8/12/2014Not the best of Drago's restaurants, though it is conveniently in Sherman Oaks, Pnazanella had very good service byt food that is not unusual in Italian-restaurant-flooded Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Homemade pasta!kellyDined on 8/4/2014Coming back from our Italy trip this year we had a hard time with 'regular' Italian restaurants in the area, they just wouldn't live up to our expectations any more. Panzanella finally could satisfy our craving for real and tasty Italian food. The homemade pasta is outstanding, the appetizers and the desserts were delicious as well! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Restaurant!Words4bethVIPDined on 8/2/2014Have dined here many times and NEVER had a bad meal - food is always exceptional and service the same - yes it's noisy but no worse then most and worth the noise for the superb food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food Wonderful Servicegreatdining47Dined on 8/2/2014Had birthday dinner with my wife and daughter. Just a wonderful experience. Food and wine were terrific and attentiveness of all wait staff personnel was outstanding. I highly recommend Panzarella Ristorante.Special Features:
- swaiamanVIPDined on 8/1/2014I've eaten here multiple times and the food is always outstanding as it was last night. This was the only time that I had less than optimal service from a waiter who bordered on being rude. When I told him I knew the wine list since I ate frequently at the restaurant he responded: "so do I". He left before taking our drinks order, was slow in taking our food order and even slower on getting me the check. The food did come out promptly and was great as usual. Maybe he was having a bad day.Special Features:
- Always great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We came here during the dine - LA week. As always it was good eating. I started with the calamari fritti, which was well - prepared. The sauce was a spicy marinara which was pretty ordinary but good. A nice sweet & sour sauce would have probably been better but you would find that more at an Asian fusion restaurant but it was still good. The main course W's an expertly prepared striped bass with charred skin that was delicious as we're the garlic mas potatoes & the grilled zucchini. The dessert a pana cotta garnished with strawberries were equally delicious. The ambience was beautiful but quite noisy & the tables, as usual were too close to each other but expected in LA. All in all, a great dining experience. I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find good Italian in LARichardRDined on 7/26/2014The Panzanella salad with tomatoes and bread is always good, the spaghetti wrapped in eggplant is amazing, and the fish special was mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to shoutluvtodinethereDined on 7/19/2014Aside from the noise factor, food was great. Sat between to parties of 4 who spoke loudly -- did not use inside voices.Special Features:
- Great place for DinnerConcertDinerDined on 7/19/2014Love the food at this establishment. Good service, never tire of this place. Service was a little slow, busy night, but still excellent.\ Great for dinner with friends.Special Features:
- One of Sherman Oaks bestJasonViolinVIPDined on 7/19/2014Panzanella continues to be a resturantan with excellent cuisine and good service-The Drago's are a class actSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014I was expecting a bit more flavor from the dishes. They were rather bland - the pasta was something I could have made at home... nothing special. I was disappointed - most probably won't dine there again.Special Features:
- Great for DineLA Restaurant WeekChesleyDined on 7/16/2014My boyfriend and I ate here and ordered from the restaurant week menu, which had a few great options and was very filling! Most of the food was excellent, although the Caesar salad appetizer was nothing to brag about. We had a great time and had FANTASTIC service. However, it was very noisy in the main room even only half full on a Wednesday night. Would definitely return though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thaks NorbertoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Victoria and I had a great time and will be back the white sea bass with roasted beets was amazingSpecial Features:
- FantasticBrianReevesDined on 7/9/2014This is where we go for special nights out away from the kids. Always great service and recommendations from the server...amd I always love trying the specials of the day. I have never had a bad meal, and their wine pairing recommendations have always been spot on. End your meal with one of their desserts, with a nice Frangelico after dinner cordial drink. You're welcome. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience!!DanoVIPDined on 7/5/2014On a whim, I booked a table for my wife and I at our favorite place. We were craving the mushroom risotto and tricolore salad. We arrived at the reservation time of 7:30, were greated warmly by Massimo and Magda, and were seated promptly. Our server was Melissa, whom we have had before. The evening was perfect and the mushroom risotto and tricolore salads were as expected. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentSHOEGAL1Dined on 7/1/2014Had another fabulous dinner this week. Food is consistently excellent and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing authentic Italuan foodAwinrmVIPDined on 6/27/2014There aren't that many truly authentic Italuan restaurants in L. A......aside from the Drago brothers restaurants. We love their Downtown, Beverly Hills and other locations.....but now we found another one of their restaurants in Sherman Oaks, here in the Valley. Same terrific food as the others...but much closer to home. Great service, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Needed a nice place to eat in Sherman Oaks, but am not a local resident. I chose Panzanella bc of good experiences with its sister restaurant in Bev Hills, Il Pastaio. The food was good, the room was a bit stuff and quite loud... but overall a safe choice for good food and nice decor in the Valley.Special Features:
- Exquisite Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2014As always Panzanella has the best authentic Italian cuisine in town. The food is only topped by the classic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite!debaboDined on 6/14/2014Love this restaurant. The food is great, the service wonderful and the ambiance is very nice. Great location too. I've always enjoyed the meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014They have the best risotto in town and food is very authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FindLensummitDined on 6/11/2014Elegance, great food and great service. This charming restaurant has it all. For a red wine to complement your entree, try the 19 Rows Syrah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelDined on 6/7/2014Food and service is superb. Restaurant can be very noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/31/2014The food was outstanding! There were four of us, and we tasted each one another's selections, and they were all hits. Our server could have been more friendly and warm. She saw that we would be talking and getting caught up, and she'd keep coming up and asking us if we had made selections, when clearly we hadn't touched our menus. She spilled some of my drink on my menu and made it seem like it was part of her service! Even so, her behavior does not take away from the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panzanella is yummy!yummy4thetummyDined on 5/29/2014The food is exquisite! The Panzanella traditional salad surprised us with the most delicious tomatoes, cucumbers on bread soaked in their secret olive oil/balsamic dressing. They make their own pasta and I got something not on the menu, but served with a smile. Where else can you get a whole truffle shaved onto creamed linguini?? Or tasty checca for the vegetarians.Being a birthday dinner, we topped off with a molten chocolate souffle and cappucino. The service was superb, friendly and prompt! Everyone conversed with us, kept a watchful eye for our possible desires, and never rushed us through any part of the meal. This made us feel special and welcomed!Special Features:
- Work Team DinnerSussexSteveVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great job accommodating our large group. Good food and atmosphere. Grazie!Special Features:
- Delicious!KatybugDined on 5/18/2014Great food, friendly staff. Interesting combinations.Special Features:
- bad lobster linguine pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Ordered the linguine pasta with lobster for $24.95. Lobster was overcooked and tasted funny. Had stomach problems the next day :( rest of the dishes were good. arugula salad for $16.95 wasnt good either we ordered buratta appetizer and calamari, arugula salad with artichoke, and gnocchi. The appetizers and gnocchi were good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014All around lovely dining experience. I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantDiningDudeDined on 5/14/2014I had the pleasure of dining at Ristorante Panzanella recently. The food was terrific, well-prepared and beautifully presented. Service was exceptional and the ambience was lovely. We enjoyed a salad with a light and flavorful lemon vinaigrette dressing; a heavenly risotto; exception seafood pasta and chicken marsala. All were well-seasoned, properly cooked and beautifully presented. While the prices are not cheap; as they say, you get what you pay for. I have no hesitation of recommending Panzanella.Special Features:
- PanzanellaSharaabiDined on 5/6/2014Excellent food, great service, everything was above expectations. Would highly reccommend to others.Special Features:
- The following 496 reviews are from the Panzanella Ristorante reviews archive.