326 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (617) 557-9248
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Richard Talieri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Panza
Panza's traditional Italian cuisine and relaxed atmosphere make for a great evening in this historic North End locale. For a dinner out with friends or a date night, Panza is the place to go if you want to be treated as part of the family. With signature dishes like Veal Panza, Seafood Risotto, and Chicken Parmigiana we pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Throughout the year Panza also offers up seasonal specials to showcase the best of the region. Spend an evening with us and find out why people have made Panza a part of their family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panza reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (146)fit for foodies (102)romantic (66)special occasion (50)hot spot (25)notable wine list (24)good for groups (21)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Still a great choiceBdfdDined on 11/18/2014A reliable go-to in the North End for quality food at very reasonable prices. They were nice enough to seat us early (15 minutes before opening), and we particularly enjoyed the calamari, veal panza, and carbonara. Don't expect to be blown away, but I bet you'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014The staff was very accommodating to my special requests and the atmosphere was so quaint and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of FourJBoston3Dined on 11/15/2014Had a reservation for a group of four at 9pm. We were not seated until 9:30pm. There is no waiting area due to how small the restaurant is. This causes a problem when it is cold outside because people tend to huddle around others that are sitting and eating, or they surround the doorway. There was no hostess, instead you had to go towards the back of the restaurant and talk to a waitress to tell you're here for your reservation. Service was okay, nothing memorable. Didn't like the fact that you couldn't subsitute a pasta side with a side of salad. Don't think it's that much of a cost difference for the restaruant. The food was mediocre, could have cooked something like that at home. Wasn't impressed with their wine list either, the bottles were relatively cheap but were marked up at the restaurant. As you can tell from this review, overall I was not impressed with the service, restaurant ambience or food. Tends to have cheaper entrees then the other North End restaurants, but to be honest, I rather pay more per entree and have great food and service if I'm going to entertain out of town guests.Special Features:
- A must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Don't walk past because this place is too small or appears crowded. The tables are close, but you still have enough space to enjoy a great meal. Tables for two or more. Make a reservation, and they are very timely to seeting you at the time you planned. The food is great with affrodable prices and affordable wine list.Special Features:
- Panza BostonManda211Dined on 11/15/2014Loved it here! I went here with a group of friends for a night out in the north end. It was busy but we were promptly seated & service was great. They had a great wine list as well & it was very affordable. We had the small order of calamari as an appetizer & it was plenty for the four of us, and not too greasy. I had the chicken parmigiana with linguini; the portion size was huge & it was cooked just right. Our waiter was very nice & attentive. This restaurant would be perfect for dining with family, friends, or as a date spot, & definitely earned another visit from my friends & I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, hard to sitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Been here before and the food, as always, is amazing. Even with a reservation, though, the place was packed - and when that happens, there's really nowhere to wait (there's no maitre d area even, as the place is tiny). Be sure to arrive early and let them know you're around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alt20948Dined on 11/14/2014Amazing food, amazing service. Even brought us a free appetizer. The waiter's recommendations were exceptional, including a fabulous Pinto Grigio. Great experience - my favorite in Northend by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okpeteDined on 11/14/2014I thought the food was ok. Service was good. I would not go back because I expected better food quality.
- BenissimioDanmerDined on 11/11/2014Bravissimo on the pasta carbanara ! The gnocchi was superb as well. We were in the door right after our reservation and the meals were quickly out, and the service was always attentive but not all smothering. Great intimate atmosphere, but not too quiet/reserved to the point that some places feel stuffy. Fairly casual but at the same time high class and cozy- great, small find in the north end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but was not seated on timeJojoVIPDined on 11/11/2014We had a 6:30 reservation and arrived at 6:35 p.m. and had to wait 15 minutes for our table. The food is very good and is proiced very affordably. Portions are more than ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good.slawsureDined on 11/11/2014The service was uninspiring. The veal in the veal parmesan was tough. The place is quite small.
- suzag07Dined on 11/10/2014This was my third trip to Panza, and it was just as good as I remember it being a few years ago. I wanted to take my family this time (parents, sister, and boyfriend), and we had to change our reservations twice due to changes in our group. The restaurant was very accommodating and we had no issues being seated right away when we showed up for our 7:30 reservation (granted, it was a Monday night, so it was probably a little easier to accommodate our changes than it would have been on a weekend). The service was fabulous, and everyone loved their meals. They have a very reasonable wine list. I can't understand waiting for hours in line at Giacomo's when you can easily come across the street to Panza. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting the North EndDanteDined on 11/10/2014I was traveling with a group of work associates and wanted a "taste of the North End", found Panza on Open Table and saw that the reviews were very positive, so I took a chance. It was GREAT!! Absolutely fantastic. We shared 2 appetizers; the calamari and short ribs and the four of us cleaned both plates. Everyone ordered a different entre (Gnocchi, Butternut Squash ravioli, etc. ) and were totally ecstatic! Definitely would recommend to anyone who enjoys traditional ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedMeechAnneDined on 11/10/2014Everything was a surprise! Small- very small dining room and small kitchen provided big flavors from start to finish. Get there early- line begins to form early even with a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded but DeliciousNomNomDined on 11/8/2014Our party of four went on a Saturday night, which we knew would be busy. But that's why we made a reservation for 7:00. They must have made a few reservations for the same time, because we were waiting with several other parties for a table. It was extremely crowded and there really wasn't anywhere to stand, so we waited outside in the cold. Finally, at 7:30 we had a table. Unfortunately, it was right in front of the door. More and more people were coming in waiting for a table and crowding around us, not to mention the cold air coming in every time the door opened. Despite the crowded and noisy atmosphere, the food was delicious and priced well. I'd love to go again, only on a different night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014We had an early dinner here over the weekend and it was so delicious! We called to make reservations after hearing rave reviews from a family member and the place was packed when we were headed out. Appetizers were so good and fresh, as were our entrees. We both had pasta because we heard they make it homemade and it did not disappoint! Also very reasonably priced as we both had wine, and we were stuffed on the way out! Great spot on the north end..we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy!! But for a reason!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We actually called and said we were running a little late for our reservation which was good because they were running about a half an hour late. But from the taste of the food and good selection of wine, it was worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014the food was amazing amd would highly recommend to anyone who loves italian!Special Features:
- thymes twocheftasketDined on 11/7/2014Very large portions of home style cooked food. Try sharing an entree. No Coffee or dessert but is located next to a late night bakery. Lots of fun with a terrific wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, as always.amyeatsDined on 11/7/2014We had a great dinner at Panza, the food is reasonably priced and absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that as a group of 3, they were having a hard time seating us even though we had a reservation. The hostess was set on seating us at a 2 person table but after we had waited about 20 minutes finally seated us at a table for 4. Our waiter was wonderful and overall we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PanzaCanOfSpaghettiDined on 11/1/2014Wanted to try this North End spot after hearing great things... every time I stopped by there was an hour-long wait. Getting a reservation through Open Table was easy and the food was - in all honesty - even better than expected. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travel2eatDined on 11/1/2014Small spot that we have frequented in the past. The food is excellent but the wait staff seems stressed and our particular server was quite "cold". But for a rainy Saturday night, we had a traffic meal and a nice bottle of wine at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014Server was entertaining and accommodating from the start! Was great at answering questions about the menu, and making the north end first timers in our group feel welcome. Food was delicious. Only hiccup was one person's order was a little slow out of the kitchen, but the server immediately apologized and brought us more wine to compensate for the wait. We had no complaints! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Our new North End FavoriteKimSDined on 10/26/2014Italian food doesn't get any better than this...homemade/handmade pastas like butternut squash ravioli in brown butter sage sauce and melt in your mouth veal parmagiana with fresh plum tomato sauce had us savoring every bite and left us knowing where we will return on future visits to the North End. The atmosphere was comfortable, not overly crowded like some other small places and the service was warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JskofHrtsDined on 10/26/2014This was our 4th visit and it was great again. Staff super friendly and Food was cooked and served promptlyrSpecial Features:
- just okbiztravelerDined on 10/23/2014the restaurant has an amazing location, and it is quite small. Our reservation was for 8:30 and we were accommodated in a very small table, close to the kitchen. The room was quite noisy and luckily they didn't have any music. My dinner mates enjoyed the food ok, my saltinbocca was too salty. Wine was good. Overall, it was a 3.5 star experience.
- Eat somewhere elsefoodfanDined on 10/21/2014For Italian on the North End of Boston, this was not good. My husband ordered the seafood risotto, the rice was not creamy or cheesey (!), and there was gritty sand in it from the scallops, presumably. The risotto was like vegetable rice - NOT like creamy risotto. I got the spinach linguine special - the linguine was tough, not cooked enough. The lobster on top was tough, overcooked, and very chewy. The waitress did not come back during the entire meal, not until we were finished, and she never asked how our food was at all. We never had a chance to give feedback or anything else. She seemed tired and overworked. It was hot in the restaurant. The tables were so close the girl behind me whacked me with her elbow and pony tail.
- 1sttimerDined on 10/15/2014Would give this a outstanding rating if it wasn't a little loud. Food was outstanding!!! Had one complaint about the Risotto, otherwise evrything was wonderful. They purchase their wine from a shop across the street and pricing was very good. If you are in Boston eat here, you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great meal!litaDined on 10/14/2014We brought a party of 5 to Panza and everyone left happy. Appetizers were great, especially the spring rolls. Classic chicken parm was a big hit too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Panza is like many other North End restaurants in that it has only a few tables, no bar and the only place to wait is outside the entrance door. The food at Panza makes it all worthwhile. We had shrimp and scallop risotto and the free form lasagna, both were melt in your mouth delicious. The tables are close together which I find very annoying, but at Panza the energy in the room was such that I could have a conversation with my friend but couldn't really hear the conversation at the table next to me. Our server was very friendly, and always right there if we needed anything. This was by far the best food we had during our six days in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!FazzaDined on 10/13/2014Second time I have been there and just a wonderful restaurant!! Great food, great service!!!Special Features:
- sparticusDined on 10/11/2014great food, good wine in a great neigborhood. only issue is that we waited an hour past our reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MouthwateringLoveBostonDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent. Reservations needed. Would have give 5 full stars but so short staffed, although she did a great job! She was the only waitress and also the hostess for the entire shift. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but long wait for reservationblueskiesDined on 10/10/2014Delicious, well-priced food, and cozy ambiance. Only complaint is that we had to wait 30 min for our reserved table. It is a small restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Fun Placeyummy1Dined on 10/9/2014Great Italian restaurant! We had an attentive waiter and a great seat by the window. Food was excellent. It would have been a five star, but it was very loud. We would still recommend it as a fun place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialUBD1311Dined on 10/8/2014Starters were quite good, entrees were just alright. No desserts are served. Service was rude and lazy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014Thought the food was average for our group of 6, mine was disappointing ( linguini del la piscatori in white sauce) The waitress was very nice, just not what we expected
- Panza - Great Food and ServicePandSDined on 10/5/2014We were looking for a small local restaurant that offered the best of the North Boston Italian Fare. Food was great, service superb (Carmen you're the best!) and conversations lively. Try to get a reservation to avoid the long lines. Loved the calamari, pasta and veal.Special Features:
- A go-toRsw09Dined on 10/5/2014Our North End go-to. Each visit is not complete without their goat cheese, grilled balsamic bruschetta. We literally remembered it from 2 years ago. I also repeated the mustard glazed salmon, perfectly cooked again. My mother repeated her seafood risotto go-to. My dad tried a fall special with pumpkin ravioli with maple sauce. The lemon veal picatta my brother got was bursting with flavor as well. No complaints other than maybe want more room so we definitely can get reservations! But the small venue is truly part of its charm. Almost thought about not reviewing them so nobody else finds out about our favorite!Special Features:
- MLPMarilynDined on 10/5/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. The food is outstanding, the service is terrific and a great find in the north end of Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.