326 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6175579248
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Richard Talieri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Panza
Panza's traditional Italian cuisine and relaxed atmosphere make for a great evening in this historic North End locale. For a dinner out with friends or a date night, Panza is the place to go if you want to be treated as part of the family. With signature dishes like Veal Panza, Seafood Risotto, and Chicken Parmigiana we pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Throughout the year Panza also offers up seasonal specials to showcase the best of the region. Spend an evening with us and find out why people have made Panza a part of their family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panza reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (131)fit for foodies (86)romantic (63)special occasion (49)great for lunch (30)good for groups (25)hot spot (21)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Loved the food, everything we had was absolutely delicious. We had to wait for 30 min even though we had a reservation, but the food was worth the wait. I would defintely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Great food and service. It is a large place but most resturants in the North are in similar size. I would definitely go back and would refer anyone to try Panza.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We had a delightful, delicious dining experience at Panza. The only complaint I have is that I made a 7:30 reservation several days in advance for my daughter's birthday celebration and we were not seated until 8:20. I would have expected this without a reservation. But the food and wine definitely made up for the wait. My advice would be if you cannot honor a reservation do not offer to take reservations. All in all a very memorable, enjoyable evening and unforgettable bruschetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Had a reservation for 7, didn't get seated til 7:30, but the food was worth the wait and the service was good. Prices were quite reasonable for the area too.Special Features:
- Went there for fra diavolo seafoodBostonianDined on 8/26/2014Their fra diavolo seafood dish is great - wasn't disappointing! Fast and attentive server, portion is huge, got sits very quick - very happy with a place.Special Features:
- We were never seated.ExpatPaulsenDined on 8/24/2014Despite checking in on time for our reservation, we were repeatedly rebuffed by the staff when I inquired over our 50-minute wait, while they seated walk-ups who'd been waiting in line. We eventually gave up, after thanking the staff for a lovely evening. Their response was to report us as a no-show. Can't recommend.
- RobertDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food. The service was great and the food preparation fantastic.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014But be prepared to wait - even WITH a reservation. We waited 45 minutes after our reservation time before we were seated. Some people were waiting even longer with a reservation. People did assure us the food was terrific and worth it, and it sure was. Just don't expect to arrive at your reservation time and be seated any time soon after than.Special Features:
- Food was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We had butternut squash tortelloni, free form lasagne and a special lobster ravioli. All were delicious and priced about what I would expect. House Pinot Grigio was very generous. Good served very quickly though they were busy. I would definitely go back, although I might try out another North End restaurant just because there are so many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than the last timeDiningDaveDined on 8/17/2014I was already at 5 stars... Everything was even better when going a little earlier (6pm vs 8pm), because your reservation is closer to being on schedule...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Environment!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014I am glad I made reservations. The host allowed us in early (30 mins) while others without reservations were waiting. The waitress helped me chose wine, Sangoviese (sp?) to go with the pasta I picked (butternut squash with tortellini). Yum! The environment there was light and happy. The room is small but cozy. Some people may say it was crowded but I just ignore that. (I guess being deaf has its perks!) Just focus on who you are with. The waitress and host asked how our lunch was. I would go back again. Thanks to my friend's suggestion to go to Panza. Reading reviews is confusing! Best suggestion is to ask friends where to eat at North End.Special Features:
- panzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014food and service were great. I would recommend a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panza - North End - Needs HostMattDined on 8/16/2014You walk into Panza and no one greets you. There's no host and the servers are too busy to notice you standing at the door; it's very awkward and incredibly inhospitable, plus it gets your whole dining experience off on the wrong foot. If you are prepared for that rough entry, then you won;t be disappointed once you're seated. The service is adequate once you have a table, the wine list is short but full of great value, and the food is all top-notch.Special Features:
- Great North End Rest.BostCoupleDined on 8/15/2014The food and service were great - my wife and I had a beautiful dinner together for our first night in Boston. I did significant research to find the perfect restaurant and we were not let down.Special Features:
- Excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014...as always. Food and wine were wonderful! Panza is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food and servicegarygalenaDined on 8/13/2014Great service and the food was up to the very high standard we expected at the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!TuckerloveshisfoodtooDined on 8/13/2014Our grown children who live around the country (and the military ones while they were living overseas) look forward to their time back east so much and the first thing on their to-do list is to have a family dinner at Panza. The wait staff is always helpful, gives great recommendations, helps with the wine pairings - you can't go wrong anyway as the food is to die for. We've always loved the small neighborhood yet upscale feel to Panza and look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!CTFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Great quality ingredients and delicious preparations - an overall wonderful meal! Great location in the North End. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Nightmare on Hanover StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Not all at as expected. The food is about average, not bad, not great either. The service is terrible, long wait for everything. Have been to other restaurants on the same street, they were all gladly to validate the parking ticket (in that area of Boston, parking costs $15 or more), but in this restaurant, they refused to do that saying the validation machine was broken. The waitress seemed to be dishonest - when we got the check, it had tip already added which was more than the standard tip amount, this doesn't happen in any other restaurants in the same area, the waitress didn't tell us nor giving us any indication that the tip was already included in the food bill. If you want good Italian food and service, stay away from this place!!
- Butternut squash tortolinniStarcros134Dined on 8/10/2014Was to die for. Adorable, cozy neighborhood restaurant. The food was so inexpensive and delicious. A total find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place rocks!JmackDined on 8/9/2014I read all the other reviews and the one negative they all stated was the wait even with reservations. We had an 8:30 reservation. We got there at 8:20 and the line was out the door. The waitress came outside and I gave her my name and the reservation time. We were seated at 8:29 even with the line! I had no complaints. The food was Amazing! My fiancée had a glass of wine (nice pour)and I had a beer. We started with caesar salads and the mussels with the white wine/ garlic sauce which were excellent! Make sure to get the bread to soak up the sauce. The entrees were also excellent; a pasta dish with seafood and a cream garlic sauce and my fiancée got ravioli. The prices are reasonable especially for the north end. Don't miss it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNotthephantomgourmetDined on 8/9/2014Dined on 08/09/14. Food was excellent, would return. An issue, as noted in other reviews, is the lack of a hostess. Panza opened for dinner at 4pm. Customers were left standing outside asking each other who had reservations and who were walk ups. Walk ups were being seated before people with 4PM reservations. One other issues is that their web site menu needs updating as most menu items were one to two dollars higher than on the web site.Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousellaDined on 8/8/2014Small, restaurant so I was glad I'd made a reservation. Nice menu that included some more unusual choices. We started with a short rib appetizer which was very tasty if somewhat unusual. We all chose the special Lemon Fettucini...lobster, arugula, sun dried tomatoes, garlic...delicious and there was plenty of lobster in each dish! The reservation was ready when expected and we were seated at a comfortable table. Service was prompt and not rushed. I will definitely come back for more!Special Features:
- Panza... worth the triplookin4gr8foodDined on 8/6/2014Special dinner out, to celebrate my sister's birthday. Often times in the North End it is difficult to find a restaurant that delivers good food, at a reasonable price and does not rely on the novelty of the neighborhood to earn business. This is the place. I've been quite a few times, and the experience is always the same. The wait staff ( especially Carmen) has perfected the art of making customers feel welcomed and having a wonderful dinner experience. They balance numerous tables so the experience and timing through the dinner is perfect, food is delivered hot and fresh. Also, they have an opinon on the menu items and the proud of the quality of the food they deliver. It is worth the trip, but make a reservation a head of time. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother making a reservationnorthenddinerDined on 8/5/2014We arrived promptly for our 8pm reservation, but were forced to stand in the doorway behind 2 other parties, and were ignored by the restaurant staff for 25 minutes. I finally decided to walk to the back of the restaurant to let them know we were there: the response was a disinterested "ok." Lots of other folks were seated before we were. We finally received a table about 45 minutes late and then ignored for another 10 minutes. To make things worse, our waitress was inattentive and distracted during the entire meal. The entrees were admittedly very good, though the Caesar salads were mediocre. But the service was poor: we will not go back.
- Busy but slightly understaffedJCBostonDined on 8/5/2014If just for the food, Panza never fails to impress. They are fast, delicious, and well priced. The only issue is the service. Despite having a reservation, I had to wait almost 25 minutes to be seated. Where I admit it was busy, a few more staff on a busy night would help. Great food as always but slightly missing on the service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceoutdoorsDined on 8/4/2014As always Panza lived up to our expectations. The food and service is great.Special Features:
- Great Value DiningIndigoDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant is casual but very reasonably priced (compared to other restaurants in the North End) with huge portions of good food. Service is quick and efficient and I recommend making a reservation to avoid having to wait for a table on weekends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!!Irishbrat78Dined on 8/3/2014The food was absolutely amazing!!!! The staff was great. We didn't have to wait long for our food, drinks, etc. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great food and priceCcbostonDined on 8/1/2014Small restaurant and even with a reservation you might need to wait a few minutes. Totally worth it. Fast service and great quality food. I got the piccata which was a little too lemony but still great. Can't wait to return and try more of the menu. Can't beat the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 Italian Meal EverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014Our dining experience was tremendous. We had a 8 pm reservation and it was honored within 5 minutes. There is no maître d. You wait in line and a server will great you. The place is small and right in the middle of the vibrant north end of Boston. The food is simply fantastic. We shared the caprese salad which comes with a fried tomoto. Excellent. We then shared the baked ziti which comes with meatballs and veal panza. The ziti was close to the best pasta we have ever eaten. The veal was sliced thin and came with peppers and mushrooms and a side of pasta. The restaurant doesn't serve coffee or dessert but that's not a problem. Walk a few feet to Mike's Pastry. This is a must on your visit list. Reservation required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tcuryankwilsonDined on 7/28/2014Some of the best italian food I have ever had. Delicious. Loud environment though. Good italian wine prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Again!JskofHrtsDined on 7/27/2014This is our 2nd time in the last few months coming here, and again it is a hidden Gem, although for how long who knows! the only Drawback is that we didn't get the Window seat on the street, but we are working on that :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAITSTAFF & FOOD WONDERFULMenemshaDined on 7/26/2014Been coming here for 15 years. 4 of us had dinner Saturday. Had a 6:30 res, waited a little as is not unusual on a Sat night. Staff was in the weeds and as a long time food service vet I saw they balanced it perfectly. Just after ordering some A-hole stormed up to our server and lambasted her because he had to wait. I told him we had to wait too and to calm down. The servers handle it very well and I suggested he leave since we was not happy there. Of course he didn't leave because the food and staff here are excellent ! We had the mussels and grilled greens and polenta to start then the classic eggplant parm, chicken piccata and chicken piccata. ALL dishes were excellent. Food here is consistently correct and the staff is the best !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealfriendbdayDined on 7/26/2014we brought a group of 10 and then added an additional table of four - extremely accomodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewDinerama1Dined on 7/25/2014The food and prices are very good. The noise level is very high and not suitable for serious conversation. My dinner companion's meal of chicken/broccoli pasta was very good. My seafood risotto somewhat disappointing, as I expected a lighter risotto.The rice was heavy and dense. Wine by glass- pinot noir , was quite good and well priced at $6 per glass. Though very crowded, seating was handled in a very efficient manner and they honor reservations fairly close to the reservation time.Special Features:
- Cozy, open, and simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Our night started out entering the restaurant with not one seat to be had on a Monday (very glad I made reservations). We were catered to very quickly and had a seat right by the window. The service was great and the food was simply delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a casual date, or small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, as always!JustineDined on 7/21/2014We tried to check in 20 minutes early, and were asked to come back at the reservation time. We were a little impatient, and checked back five minutes before our time, and our table was ready. Services was quick, and the food was fantastic: mussels to share, veal panza, and the special gnocci were all perfect. Extra bread helped us enjoy the sauce from the mussels to the very end. An excellent wine topped off the evening. There's no dessert menu, so if you need sweets at the end of your meal, just walk down the street to Modern Pastry or Mike's! It's always worth the wait if you don't have reservations.Special Features:
- TerribleMicheleDined on 7/20/2014After booking a table via the OpenTable and arriving at the restaurant on time, the waiter informed us that there was no available tables and he wouldn't add any name to the waiting list. Of course, we complained about that (as we received the confirmation of this reservation) and then he was extremely unpolite and said that the problem was with the OpenTable, not with the restaurant. We didn't agree with that and he said that we shouldn't come back to Panza if we don't like the way they make reservations or the way they deal with costumers. It was an akward situation because the waiter was almost screaming with us in front of all the people at the restaurant. In summary, terrible service and the no respect for the costumers.
- Worth the wait...DiningDaveDined on 7/20/2014We had reservations for 7:30 and were seated after 8pm... This is apparently par for course, but the food is fantastic! The staff was friendly and efficient. The food preparation was fast, but well paced very well with our appetizer. We'll definitely go back there!Special Features: