326 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6175579248
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Richard Talieri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Panza
Panza's traditional Italian cuisine and relaxed atmosphere make for a great evening in this historic North End locale. For a dinner out with friends or a date night, Panza is the place to go if you want to be treated as part of the family. With signature dishes like Veal Panza, Seafood Risotto, and Chicken Parmigiana we pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Throughout the year Panza also offers up seasonal specials to showcase the best of the region. Spend an evening with us and find out why people have made Panza a part of their family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panza reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (133)fit for foodies (91)romantic (63)special occasion (48)great for lunch (25)good for groups (23)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Classy and comfortableChrisTheCookDined on 9/12/2014The host was very welcoming and had reserved for us the best table. Very genuine pan-Italian food done with simplicity and abundant flavor. All of my all-time favorites were on the menu. Interesting, savory specials--had the house-made pappardelle with pork ragu, which was outstanding. Another favorite of mine is the linguine with littleneck clams. I tasted the mouth-watering butternut squash tortelloni, and the spinach and ricotta ravioli looked tempting. Terrific wine selection. Very affordable prices. Attractive and clean, right next door to St. Leonard's. Panza is my favorite culinary retreat in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.MMaloneDined on 9/12/2014Went for lunch, was really impressed, impeccable, service and food, just what I was looking for, thanks guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia!4 friends...4 great meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014When we arrived, we had a short wait of maybe 10 minutes before being seated and we were so glad we'd made reservations. Many people were waiting on the street when we arrived. We started with an appetizer very similar to Caprese Salad but everything was chopped to make it easier to spread on bread. MMMMM! Yummy! We had a bottle of Chianti, the wine list includes many affordable selections. A friend & I had the Butternut Squash Tortelloni which was fantastic! I drool to think of it. My husband had the Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli which he raved over and another friend ordered the Chicken Saltimboca. He said he would definitely order that again. We were extremely pleased with the food and prices and wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GMD47VIPDined on 9/10/2014While the place was packed, our server was there every time we needed him. My chicken saltimboca was both hot and tasty while the chopped salad we shared was crisp. Wines here are also inexpensive with a bottle of Decoy can only $40 .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLiviDined on 9/6/2014Great food & decent prices, especially for the North End. Very small, kind of cramped & no AC so it was hot. Only downside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were pleasantly surprises by the bill! The food was fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014The food here is great. We started with calamari & chopped salad. Entrees were veal saltimbocca, eggplant park, chicken & broccoli fettucine alfredo. All was excellent - the best eggplant parmesan I've ever had. I do caution you, our reservations were for 8 pm but we weren't seated until 8:30. It is a no-frills restaurant, focusing on the food and it can be very noisy. Still, the food was well worth it.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/4/2014Wait time after ordering was excessive. Waiter totally forgot the appetizer order. Wait time to pay the bill was excessive. The waiters were working hard, but somehow the system didn't work.
- DeliciousMeeksDined on 9/1/2014Another great gem in the North End. Amazing food at surprisingly great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaDined on 8/31/2014Was an open venue on a very HOT night. Very uncomfortable. Should have been closed up and AC put on. They don't have dessert and coffee, found that odd. Will not be going back.
- Great food, but...jmullsfitnessDined on 8/30/2014I made a reservation here because we wanted to try somewhere new. The food was great but I found the restaurant had a hard time keeping your reservation. Thankfully we only waited about 10mins past our reservation time but another couple waited almost 30mins. I'm glad we did stay and wait though because the food was delicious. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodMariannapDined on 8/29/2014Loved the food, everything we had was absolutely delicious. We had to wait for 30 min even though we had a reservation, but the food was worth the wait. I would defintely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private401Dined on 8/27/2014Great food and service. It is a large place but most resturants in the North are in similar size. I would definitely go back and would refer anyone to try Panza.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningWine2323Dined on 8/26/2014We had a delightful, delicious dining experience at Panza. The only complaint I have is that I made a 7:30 reservation several days in advance for my daughter's birthday celebration and we were not seated until 8:20. I would have expected this without a reservation. But the food and wine definitely made up for the wait. My advice would be if you cannot honor a reservation do not offer to take reservations. All in all a very memorable, enjoyable evening and unforgettable bruschetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Had a reservation for 7, didn't get seated til 7:30, but the food was worth the wait and the service was good. Prices were quite reasonable for the area too.Special Features:
- Went there for fra diavolo seafoodBostonianDined on 8/26/2014Their fra diavolo seafood dish is great - wasn't disappointing! Fast and attentive server, portion is huge, got sits very quick - very happy with a place.Special Features:
- We were never seated.ExpatPaulsenDined on 8/24/2014Despite checking in on time for our reservation, we were repeatedly rebuffed by the staff when I inquired over our 50-minute wait, while they seated walk-ups who'd been waiting in line. We eventually gave up, after thanking the staff for a lovely evening. Their response was to report us as a no-show. Can't recommend.
- RobertDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food. The service was great and the food preparation fantastic.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014But be prepared to wait - even WITH a reservation. We waited 45 minutes after our reservation time before we were seated. Some people were waiting even longer with a reservation. People did assure us the food was terrific and worth it, and it sure was. Just don't expect to arrive at your reservation time and be seated any time soon after than.Special Features:
- Food was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We had butternut squash tortelloni, free form lasagne and a special lobster ravioli. All were delicious and priced about what I would expect. House Pinot Grigio was very generous. Good served very quickly though they were busy. I would definitely go back, although I might try out another North End restaurant just because there are so many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than the last timeDiningDaveDined on 8/17/2014I was already at 5 stars... Everything was even better when going a little earlier (6pm vs 8pm), because your reservation is closer to being on schedule...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Environment!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014I am glad I made reservations. The host allowed us in early (30 mins) while others without reservations were waiting. The waitress helped me chose wine, Sangoviese (sp?) to go with the pasta I picked (butternut squash with tortellini). Yum! The environment there was light and happy. The room is small but cozy. Some people may say it was crowded but I just ignore that. (I guess being deaf has its perks!) Just focus on who you are with. The waitress and host asked how our lunch was. I would go back again. Thanks to my friend's suggestion to go to Panza. Reading reviews is confusing! Best suggestion is to ask friends where to eat at North End.Special Features:
- panzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014food and service were great. I would recommend a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panza - North End - Needs HostMattDined on 8/16/2014You walk into Panza and no one greets you. There's no host and the servers are too busy to notice you standing at the door; it's very awkward and incredibly inhospitable, plus it gets your whole dining experience off on the wrong foot. If you are prepared for that rough entry, then you won;t be disappointed once you're seated. The service is adequate once you have a table, the wine list is short but full of great value, and the food is all top-notch.Special Features:
- Great North End Rest.BostCoupleDined on 8/15/2014The food and service were great - my wife and I had a beautiful dinner together for our first night in Boston. I did significant research to find the perfect restaurant and we were not let down.Special Features:
- Excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014...as always. Food and wine were wonderful! Panza is outstanding.Special Features:
- Super Find in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014This is actually what you need to experience in the North End.....dont waste your time on the bigger tourist traps. Great food, great service. Fun Place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicegarygalenaDined on 8/13/2014Great service and the food was up to the very high standard we expected at the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!TuckerloveshisfoodtooDined on 8/13/2014Our grown children who live around the country (and the military ones while they were living overseas) look forward to their time back east so much and the first thing on their to-do list is to have a family dinner at Panza. The wait staff is always helpful, gives great recommendations, helps with the wine pairings - you can't go wrong anyway as the food is to die for. We've always loved the small neighborhood yet upscale feel to Panza and look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!CTFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Great quality ingredients and delicious preparations - an overall wonderful meal! Great location in the North End. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Nightmare on Hanover StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Not all at as expected. The food is about average, not bad, not great either. The service is terrible, long wait for everything. Have been to other restaurants on the same street, they were all gladly to validate the parking ticket (in that area of Boston, parking costs $15 or more), but in this restaurant, they refused to do that saying the validation machine was broken. The waitress seemed to be dishonest - when we got the check, it had tip already added which was more than the standard tip amount, this doesn't happen in any other restaurants in the same area, the waitress didn't tell us nor giving us any indication that the tip was already included in the food bill. If you want good Italian food and service, stay away from this place!!
- Butternut squash tortolinniStarcros134Dined on 8/10/2014Was to die for. Adorable, cozy neighborhood restaurant. The food was so inexpensive and delicious. A total find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place rocks!JmackDined on 8/9/2014I read all the other reviews and the one negative they all stated was the wait even with reservations. We had an 8:30 reservation. We got there at 8:20 and the line was out the door. The waitress came outside and I gave her my name and the reservation time. We were seated at 8:29 even with the line! I had no complaints. The food was Amazing! My fiancée had a glass of wine (nice pour)and I had a beer. We started with caesar salads and the mussels with the white wine/ garlic sauce which were excellent! Make sure to get the bread to soak up the sauce. The entrees were also excellent; a pasta dish with seafood and a cream garlic sauce and my fiancée got ravioli. The prices are reasonable especially for the north end. Don't miss it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNotthephantomgourmetDined on 8/9/2014Dined on 08/09/14. Food was excellent, would return. An issue, as noted in other reviews, is the lack of a hostess. Panza opened for dinner at 4pm. Customers were left standing outside asking each other who had reservations and who were walk ups. Walk ups were being seated before people with 4PM reservations. One other issues is that their web site menu needs updating as most menu items were one to two dollars higher than on the web site.Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousellaDined on 8/8/2014Small, restaurant so I was glad I'd made a reservation. Nice menu that included some more unusual choices. We started with a short rib appetizer which was very tasty if somewhat unusual. We all chose the special Lemon Fettucini...lobster, arugula, sun dried tomatoes, garlic...delicious and there was plenty of lobster in each dish! The reservation was ready when expected and we were seated at a comfortable table. Service was prompt and not rushed. I will definitely come back for more!Special Features:
- Panza... worth the triplookin4gr8foodDined on 8/6/2014Special dinner out, to celebrate my sister's birthday. Often times in the North End it is difficult to find a restaurant that delivers good food, at a reasonable price and does not rely on the novelty of the neighborhood to earn business. This is the place. I've been quite a few times, and the experience is always the same. The wait staff ( especially Carmen) has perfected the art of making customers feel welcomed and having a wonderful dinner experience. They balance numerous tables so the experience and timing through the dinner is perfect, food is delivered hot and fresh. Also, they have an opinon on the menu items and the proud of the quality of the food they deliver. It is worth the trip, but make a reservation a head of time. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother making a reservationnorthenddinerDined on 8/5/2014We arrived promptly for our 8pm reservation, but were forced to stand in the doorway behind 2 other parties, and were ignored by the restaurant staff for 25 minutes. I finally decided to walk to the back of the restaurant to let them know we were there: the response was a disinterested "ok." Lots of other folks were seated before we were. We finally received a table about 45 minutes late and then ignored for another 10 minutes. To make things worse, our waitress was inattentive and distracted during the entire meal. The entrees were admittedly very good, though the Caesar salads were mediocre. But the service was poor: we will not go back.
- Busy but slightly understaffedJCBostonDined on 8/5/2014If just for the food, Panza never fails to impress. They are fast, delicious, and well priced. The only issue is the service. Despite having a reservation, I had to wait almost 25 minutes to be seated. Where I admit it was busy, a few more staff on a busy night would help. Great food as always but slightly missing on the service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceoutdoorsDined on 8/4/2014As always Panza lived up to our expectations. The food and service is great.Special Features:
- Great Value DiningIndigoDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant is casual but very reasonably priced (compared to other restaurants in the North End) with huge portions of good food. Service is quick and efficient and I recommend making a reservation to avoid having to wait for a table on weekends.I would recommend this to a friend.