1 Fine Arts Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.slam.org/Visit/dining.php
- Phone: 3146555490x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday–Thursday: 11:00am–2:00pm, Friday: 11:00am–2:00pm,5:00-9:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am–2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am–2:00pm (Special Menu)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ivy Magruder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Panorama
Located in the Saint Louis Art Museum’s new East Building designed by renowned British Architect David Chipperfield, Panorama offers full service dining in an elegant setting. With breathtaking Forest Park views from its floor-to-ceiling windows, Panorama offers regional contemporary cuisine showcasing local, sustainably produced ingredients. Menus change seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Panorama - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Panorama reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (82)scenic view (80)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (50)great for brunch (49)romantic (29)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The menu is well curated and innovative with an emphasis on fresh and local. Perfectly prepared and served. Everything we had was delicious from the beet salad to the pumpkin cheesecake. The only flaw was the service was slow getting the entree out and getting the check. We probably spent 20 extra minutes total waiting during our visit. The nice walk through the galleries after dinner made it a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I had a very enjoyable lunch at the Panorama. The service from the time I entered the door to the time I exited was superb. My salad was delicious and was a perfect portion size. The silverware, utensils, and tablecloth were tastefully chosen. I will be back soon. Thank you.Special Features:
- museumloverDined on 10/12/2014lovely brunch with good friends in a beautiful place with gorgeous view of park and place...totally enjoyed it....many thanks....Special Features:
- Impressed my out of town guestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I had requested a window seat since I had out of town guests. They greeted me with- Hello we have a window table for you as you requested. It was great & our server was good. The food was very good but there was ALOT. We both had salads that were too big to finish. The rolls were delicious. Also because the trees are turning colors it was a wonderful view.Special Features:
- Lunch was quite niceJeanetteDined on 10/11/2014Servers appear to be well trained. Atmosphere was quite urban, upscale. Modern décor. The menu offered a variety of choices, creative but not crazy creative. Thank goodness no pork belly, fish eyes or trendy "cutesy" on menu! Real food...well done, well presented. Only negative was that the shrimp bisque was too salty and the "dry" chardonnay was really an oxymoron - the chardonnay was still sweet. Overall, however, lunch was a vast improvement over the previous experience at Panorama. Ivy Magruder is to be applauded for his improvements!Special Features:
- BirthdaylunchDined on 10/10/2014Great food, lovely fun and wonderful service. It was our first time there and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Lovely setting. Friendly staff. Creative food well prepared. Makes a visit to the Art Museum even more special!Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperiencelindyDined on 10/9/2014Staff and ambiance are wonderful. Soup was good but didn't find much shrimp in the bisque. Creamy salmon sandwich was light on the salmon flavor. Cheesecake was very good. Chairs a bit on the heavy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main Course was ProblematicTonyDined on 10/9/2014I had ordered the beet and greens salad (excellent) and braised short ribs (not excellent). The gnocchi served with the ribs was superior, light but with body and the root vegetables were au point. The edible portion of the ribs, however, was 75 percent fat while the lean portion was dry, fibrous and lacking in beef flavor. Very disappointing. My wife's cauliflower and gruyere soup was very good and served at an appropriate temperature while her roast loin of pork was really good. Looking back, I should have complained but that's not my style.Special Features:
- Always a perfect choiceStormangelVIPDined on 10/3/2014I've gone to the Panorama quite often and have never been disappointed. The food is exceptional, the wine is glorious, the desserts are sensational and the service is beyond compare. It's easily become my favorite dining experience. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodie11Dined on 9/30/2014Every selection from start to finish was amazing! The shrimp and bacon bisque and beef carpaccio was divine. The chicken and spaghetti squash was delicious and the blonde with salted caramel was the perfect ending! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointedtakemeoutDined on 9/27/2014I was looking forward to enjoying lunch with my husband at the Art Museum all week and I was not disappointment. The food was delicious, the servers were very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. I really enjoyed the view too. I had the pan seared scallops and risotto and my husband had the beef tenderloin and we topped the meal off with the peach cobbler. We will definitely be back and recommend Panorama to our friends.Special Features:
- Dropped a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The waiter reached across the table to serve our Champagne drinks. Spilled and BROKE the drink on his tray onto someone in our party. We were moved another table. That was it. No manager came to apologize or offer to buy the a drink or food for the person that was now wet with a peach champagne drink. We were fortunate she was not cut by the broken that fell on her arm. We reserved for BRUNCH. There is not brunch. You just order from menu. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Afternoon delightU4ICDined on 9/13/2014After a stroll through the museum we sat at a table by the window (as we had requested) and enjoyed a perfect lunch as we watched a vibrant St. Louis scene passing by the large window. Perfect name "Panorama" for this restaurant. They have worked to get things right and it shows it great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- NiceplaceDined on 9/7/2014Nice place....food could be better....great view..I would recommend for special occassions.Special Features:
- Good brunchJKBHVIPDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed having a diverse menu-choices covered a number of breakfast selections to light and healthy lunch selections to meals. The food was very good with large portions. We will go back.Special Features:
- MehCaper51Dined on 9/5/2014Lovely view of Forest Park and pleasant waitstaff, but not enough to make up for a rubbery Basque chicken that was awash in a too-thin purple sauce. Almost impossible to identify the artichokes and peppers in the soupy, weakly seasoned dish. My dining partner had scallops and risotto, which she said was tasty.Special Features:
- enjoyable experience and good foodRa52Dined on 9/4/2014My son works in Clayton and we wanted to find a nice restaurant near Clayton. The restaurant had a lovely dressy look to it along with a nice view of the park. We received good service and attention. Crab salad sandwich with Brussel sprouts was delicious. Not sure it is easily accessible for handicapped at the entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artful lunchslumanDined on 9/2/2014well prepared and interesting food in a scenic venutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Panorama is the sit-down restaurant in the new wing of the St. Louis Art Museum. There's a magnificent view of the top of Art Hill and Forest Park. A white-napkin kind of place, but not overly snooty, and not too expensive. The salads were standard, but the scallops were prepared quite nicely over a tasty risotto. Good wine selection. Menu is not too adventurous but what you'd expect for a Museum restaurant. After dining I heard from some locals that the restaurant had recently acquired new management after some rough going. I can't compare it to its previous incarnation, but it seems quite nice now.Special Features:
- A delight!EddieDined on 8/31/2014Sometimes restaurants attached to cultural institutions have conspicuously lower standards than the institution they serve. Not so with Panorama. It is a lovely amenity to a great museum. The menu has flair, the prices are reasonable, and service is attentive. The ambience is pleasing. Overall dining experience: memorable and excellent.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Romantic DinnersullivsDined on 8/29/2014The Panorama restaurant at the Art Museum is truly a first-class dining experience, at bargain prices. They really have put together a great place that you would expect to find in Chicago or New York. The staff is professional and a compliment to the dining experience. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- such a differenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Txs for new management+ chef.Pl remember to always have a menu item that is not for foodies= a sandwich, etc.your quiche alwats a good idea. Scallops wete delicious as was chicken w vegetables on 8/ 29/ 14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant & tasty fooddukeDined on 8/22/2014My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on Aug. 21. We were very impressed with the menu options and very pleased with our selected lunch. My kale salad was fresh and tasty and the scallop rissotto was amazing in flavor. Also, we both had the pecan coconut cake which was outstanding too. We wish to go again.Special Features:
- Great new spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014See Forest Park, Art Museum and enjoy the ambiance of dining in the park.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food and service were both excellent!! I can't wait until I can come back.Special Features:
- Great Bruch Sunday off the menuSundayBrunchDined on 8/17/2014Sunday Aug. 17 Wife's Birthday 4 people with 10:30 reservation. First this is a great time to view some exhibits, foot traffic is low, and also a great time for the rest. not crowed at this time. Everyone endorsed this place as a perfect place to celebrate an event, food was excellent and a good selection, with something for all levels of taste. The service was way above normal and food was hot. We all enjoyed this place and it was also the first visit for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect birthdayilovedessertDined on 8/5/2014I dined at panorama for my birthday and had the most wonderful time. The restaurant is beautiful. We sat right in front of the windows but any place in the room would have been equally beautiful. Our waiter was fantastic and brought me a special dessert for my birthday. My experience here made my entire day and I've decided to make panorama a birthday tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessTheMessDined on 7/27/2014Went for a going away brunch and everyone was very happy with their menu choices. The service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We wanted a "lady lunch" spot, and Panorama was perfect. The food and service was outstanding. I had the scallops (perfect) and the french onion soup (fantastic) and the chocolate creme brulee for dessert which was excellent. Very nice service and I wish I lived in St Louis as I would go there often. Great choice for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Museum LunchGBebenseeDined on 7/22/2014Beautiful room with huge window wall and great view. Excellent service. Comfortable. Perfect for lunch after a museum visit. Creatively prepared food with nice presentation. Panorama is obviously looking to impress. Scallops were seared perfectly and matched with risotto with peas. Beef tenderloin served with spinach, fingerling potatoes, and onion rings was delicious. The prix fixe lunch menu is fun and a decent value.Special Features:
- PanoramaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014It seems this restaurant's name was aptly titled, since our food lacked in flavor and originality; the emphasis was more on the view. The seating area was glass windows, floor to ceiling, and I seemed more interested to look outside rather than at my dinner plate. My husband's Roasted Game Hen, looked blah, not golden and crispy as roasted meats should be, but skin color like it was boiled in water. His rice was under cooked and flavorless. The only excitement he experienced was they served Stella Artois beer. My dish, the vegetable cassoulet was anything but slow baked and tasty. I was so excited to eat this after reviews, but the mushrooms were crunchy, the beans dry and way overcooked. The service is the only +. No repeat here.Special Features:
- More than a Show PieceronlDined on 7/17/2014I took out of town friends to lunch at Panorama in order to show them Forest Park and the Art Museum. Lunch was for the experience of sharing time with friends. Well, Panorama blew away my modest expectations. The setting was spectacular, the staff was extraordinary, and the food was exceptional. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchTeddynetDined on 7/15/2014Panorama is casual elegance and great food. Servers always seem to have a je ne sais quoi about them. Dining at Panorama is a joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- larry4lunchDined on 7/15/2014Everything about the restaurant was great except the restaurant itself. The space is not inviting enough to be a destination spot. It was a good quite spot for a business luncheon, but not enough so I would go off the beaten path to go there again.Special Features:
- Not so PanoramamaiafunkhouserDined on 7/13/2014We were put in the back room even though we had made a reservation, and others, who just showed up were given much nicer seating. I think, this happened because we had two children with us. But overall, to call this place "Panorama" is definitely a mis-nomer. The other restaurant at the art museum was soooooooo much nicer; both in menu and in location/view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014I have dined at this restaurant 4 times and each time has been an extremely positive experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice surroundingsfreddyDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant is a pleasant place with a nice ambiance. The food was pretty good. The quiche was quite good, the soup a bit watery, the crab cakes just okay. But overall a good lunch. Think they still need to refine their service and food, but obviously have made progress.Special Features:
- GREAT LUNCHGoodeatsDined on 7/10/2014Visiting St Louis and attended exhibit, had a fab lunch, everything was fantastic. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014I had heard many negative reports of the Panorama. Because I had a scheduled meeting at the Art Museum, I thought this might be a good time to try it. The service was excellent. He food was well prepared and beautifully presented. Couldn't have been better except that there is no color or art! I thought the place too drab even though it was a beautiful view. Poorly decorated.Special Features: