1 Fine Arts Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.slam.org/Visit/dining.php
- Phone: 3146555490x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday–Thursday: 11:00am–2:00pm, Friday: 11:00am–2:00pm,5:00-9:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am–2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am–2:00pm (Special Menu)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ivy Magruder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Panorama
Located in the Saint Louis Art Museum’s new East Building designed by renowned British Architect David Chipperfield, Panorama offers full service dining in an elegant setting. With breathtaking Forest Park views from its floor-to-ceiling windows, Panorama offers regional contemporary cuisine showcasing local, sustainably produced ingredients. Menus change seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Panorama - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Panorama reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (88)scenic view (88)great for brunch (56)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (46)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (19)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dropped a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The waiter reached across the table to serve our Champagne drinks. Spilled and BROKE the drink on his tray onto someone in our party. We were moved another table. That was it. No manager came to apologize or offer to buy the a drink or food for the person that was now wet with a peach champagne drink. We were fortunate she was not cut by the broken that fell on her arm. We reserved for BRUNCH. There is not brunch. You just order from menu. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Afternoon delightU4ICDined on 9/13/2014After a stroll through the museum we sat at a table by the window (as we had requested) and enjoyed a perfect lunch as we watched a vibrant St. Louis scene passing by the large window. Perfect name "Panorama" for this restaurant. They have worked to get things right and it shows it great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- NiceplaceDined on 9/7/2014Nice place....food could be better....great view..I would recommend for special occassions.Special Features:
- Good brunchJKBHVIPDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed having a diverse menu-choices covered a number of breakfast selections to light and healthy lunch selections to meals. The food was very good with large portions. We will go back.Special Features:
- MehCaper51Dined on 9/5/2014Lovely view of Forest Park and pleasant waitstaff, but not enough to make up for a rubbery Basque chicken that was awash in a too-thin purple sauce. Almost impossible to identify the artichokes and peppers in the soupy, weakly seasoned dish. My dining partner had scallops and risotto, which she said was tasty.Special Features:
- enjoyable experience and good foodRa52Dined on 9/4/2014My son works in Clayton and we wanted to find a nice restaurant near Clayton. The restaurant had a lovely dressy look to it along with a nice view of the park. We received good service and attention. Crab salad sandwich with Brussel sprouts was delicious. Not sure it is easily accessible for handicapped at the entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artful lunchslumanDined on 9/2/2014well prepared and interesting food in a scenic venutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Panorama is the sit-down restaurant in the new wing of the St. Louis Art Museum. There's a magnificent view of the top of Art Hill and Forest Park. A white-napkin kind of place, but not overly snooty, and not too expensive. The salads were standard, but the scallops were prepared quite nicely over a tasty risotto. Good wine selection. Menu is not too adventurous but what you'd expect for a Museum restaurant. After dining I heard from some locals that the restaurant had recently acquired new management after some rough going. I can't compare it to its previous incarnation, but it seems quite nice now.Special Features:
- A delight!EddieDined on 8/31/2014Sometimes restaurants attached to cultural institutions have conspicuously lower standards than the institution they serve. Not so with Panorama. It is a lovely amenity to a great museum. The menu has flair, the prices are reasonable, and service is attentive. The ambience is pleasing. Overall dining experience: memorable and excellent.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Romantic DinnersullivsDined on 8/29/2014The Panorama restaurant at the Art Museum is truly a first-class dining experience, at bargain prices. They really have put together a great place that you would expect to find in Chicago or New York. The staff is professional and a compliment to the dining experience. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- such a differenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Txs for new management+ chef.Pl remember to always have a menu item that is not for foodies= a sandwich, etc.your quiche alwats a good idea. Scallops wete delicious as was chicken w vegetables on 8/ 29/ 14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant & tasty fooddukeDined on 8/22/2014My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on Aug. 21. We were very impressed with the menu options and very pleased with our selected lunch. My kale salad was fresh and tasty and the scallop rissotto was amazing in flavor. Also, we both had the pecan coconut cake which was outstanding too. We wish to go again.Special Features:
- Great new spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014See Forest Park, Art Museum and enjoy the ambiance of dining in the park.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food and service were both excellent!! I can't wait until I can come back.Special Features:
- Great Bruch Sunday off the menuSundayBrunchDined on 8/17/2014Sunday Aug. 17 Wife's Birthday 4 people with 10:30 reservation. First this is a great time to view some exhibits, foot traffic is low, and also a great time for the rest. not crowed at this time. Everyone endorsed this place as a perfect place to celebrate an event, food was excellent and a good selection, with something for all levels of taste. The service was way above normal and food was hot. We all enjoyed this place and it was also the first visit for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and ArtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014First time diner. Lunch with a view! The service was fabulous and staff was friendly and smiling. Food was divine! Tuna was cooked perfect. Vegetables were crisp and flavorful. Creme broule was nicely caramized with rich vanilla flavor. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- perfect birthdayilovedessertDined on 8/5/2014I dined at panorama for my birthday and had the most wonderful time. The restaurant is beautiful. We sat right in front of the windows but any place in the room would have been equally beautiful. Our waiter was fantastic and brought me a special dessert for my birthday. My experience here made my entire day and I've decided to make panorama a birthday tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessTheMessDined on 7/27/2014Went for a going away brunch and everyone was very happy with their menu choices. The service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We wanted a "lady lunch" spot, and Panorama was perfect. The food and service was outstanding. I had the scallops (perfect) and the french onion soup (fantastic) and the chocolate creme brulee for dessert which was excellent. Very nice service and I wish I lived in St Louis as I would go there often. Great choice for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Museum LunchGBebenseeDined on 7/22/2014Beautiful room with huge window wall and great view. Excellent service. Comfortable. Perfect for lunch after a museum visit. Creatively prepared food with nice presentation. Panorama is obviously looking to impress. Scallops were seared perfectly and matched with risotto with peas. Beef tenderloin served with spinach, fingerling potatoes, and onion rings was delicious. The prix fixe lunch menu is fun and a decent value.Special Features:
- PanoramaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014It seems this restaurant's name was aptly titled, since our food lacked in flavor and originality; the emphasis was more on the view. The seating area was glass windows, floor to ceiling, and I seemed more interested to look outside rather than at my dinner plate. My husband's Roasted Game Hen, looked blah, not golden and crispy as roasted meats should be, but skin color like it was boiled in water. His rice was under cooked and flavorless. The only excitement he experienced was they served Stella Artois beer. My dish, the vegetable cassoulet was anything but slow baked and tasty. I was so excited to eat this after reviews, but the mushrooms were crunchy, the beans dry and way overcooked. The service is the only +. No repeat here.Special Features:
- More than a Show PieceronlDined on 7/17/2014I took out of town friends to lunch at Panorama in order to show them Forest Park and the Art Museum. Lunch was for the experience of sharing time with friends. Well, Panorama blew away my modest expectations. The setting was spectacular, the staff was extraordinary, and the food was exceptional. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchTeddynetDined on 7/15/2014Panorama is casual elegance and great food. Servers always seem to have a je ne sais quoi about them. Dining at Panorama is a joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- larry4lunchDined on 7/15/2014Everything about the restaurant was great except the restaurant itself. The space is not inviting enough to be a destination spot. It was a good quite spot for a business luncheon, but not enough so I would go off the beaten path to go there again.Special Features:
- Not so PanoramamaiafunkhouserDined on 7/13/2014We were put in the back room even though we had made a reservation, and others, who just showed up were given much nicer seating. I think, this happened because we had two children with us. But overall, to call this place "Panorama" is definitely a mis-nomer. The other restaurant at the art museum was soooooooo much nicer; both in menu and in location/view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014I have dined at this restaurant 4 times and each time has been an extremely positive experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice surroundingsfreddyDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant is a pleasant place with a nice ambiance. The food was pretty good. The quiche was quite good, the soup a bit watery, the crab cakes just okay. But overall a good lunch. Think they still need to refine their service and food, but obviously have made progress.Special Features:
- GREAT LUNCHGoodeatsDined on 7/10/2014Visiting St Louis and attended exhibit, had a fab lunch, everything was fantastic. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014I had heard many negative reports of the Panorama. Because I had a scheduled meeting at the Art Museum, I thought this might be a good time to try it. The service was excellent. He food was well prepared and beautifully presented. Couldn't have been better except that there is no color or art! I thought the place too drab even though it was a beautiful view. Poorly decorated.Special Features:
- TransformationHungryDined on 7/8/2014What a radical change with small adjustments to the environment, major improvement to the service (eg effective but less obvious) and marvelous but subtle vittles variations, eg. many attractive choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special morningKateDined on 7/6/2014We enjoyed the restaurant very much & will return. Our breakfast was very good, not a long wait, good friendly waiters, attentive. The room was very clean & organized. View from the restaurant was enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experience!delicious!Nashvillegals2014Dined on 6/29/2014Delicious food, great ambience, excellent service. A wonderful place for brunch on our girls weekend. We had the steak and eggs. The steak was fork tender and deliciously seasoned. The eggs were piping hot and scrumptious. The potatoes were just perfect. The English muffin was toasted to perfection. The Bloody Mary was large and not too spicy. We will be back on our next trip to St Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the exhibitDesignerDined on 6/29/2014We ate at Panorama for Sunday brunch before viewing the Impressionist exhibit. All 4 meals (breakfast fare) were excellent. Coffee was a little bitter, my only complaint. Nice to be able to eat so close to the exhibit.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience at PanoramaLeeJohnDined on 6/28/2014Panorama was lovely. It was a beautiful spot and the food was well presented and delicious. I would go back many times if I lived in St. Louis but unfortunately I am from out of town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014The food at Panorama was creative, fresh, and delicious. The wine list, though small, was very good and matched the dishes. I had a lovely mushroom and black bean cassoulet, which was a delight in terms of flavour, textures, and presentation and a highly creative non-meat version of the original. The service and ambiance n the other hand: the wait staff though courteous and attentive, appeared to have worked previously at Applebees or something, as the food and wine were brought out in rapid succession, the plates whisked away almost s soon as the fork hit the plate, and the check was brought out. our 3 course dinner at this seemingly romantic and elegant restaurant was over with in 35 minutes! A slower pace would've been much desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at PanoramamenumavenDined on 6/27/2014We had dinner before the special exhibit and had timed tickets. The staff made sure our dinner wasn't rushed, but served in a timely fashion. We tried the snails for starters, very tasty, although the puff pastry was difficult to divide. We ordered the beef tenderloin, rainbow trout and game hen for dinner...excellent all. Everyone felt like a winner at the menu selection. Definitely going back. It goes without the saying the view was great.Special Features:
- Upgraded to first classDreamerDined on 6/26/2014The restaurant is now doing things right. People were seated quickly, service was very attentive and friendly, and the food I ordered was promptly prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious. I plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, food was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014our waiter did a excellent job. the food was okay, but not exactly outstanding. I had chicken fricasse. The chicken legs looked as if they came from an anemic chicken....very small legs with little meat.Special Features:
- Delicious with great serviceUrsiesmithDined on 6/24/2014We had reservations and were promptly seated at a good table. Our servers were very attentive but not weirdly hovering. They did not interrupt our conversation, waiting for gaps to approach. It was not overly loud, even though the restaurant was full. The food was served, hot, beautifully displayed and with the correct utensils. Appetizers, desserts, and wine were offered but not pushed. Crab cakes were full of CRAB and in a delicious sauce. Trout was tender and served with lentils-a healthy and delicious combo. My companion got the fix prix , an excellent deal and delicious combo. The chocolate cream brûlée was excellent. We were last seated and last to finish, but felt no pressure to leave. An altogether delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View to die forPat2013Dined on 6/19/2014Beautiful view of Forest Park from any table in the restaurant. The food is very good and the rolls were outstanding. No complaints on the service either. Beverage glasses were kept full and all servers for our table were friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.