1 Fine Arts Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.slam.org/Visit/dining.php
- Phone: (314) 655-5490
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday–Thursday: 11:00am–2:00pm, Friday: 11:00am–2:00pm,5:00-9:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am–2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am–2:00pm (Special Menu)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ivy Magruder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Panorama
Located in the Saint Louis Art Museum’s new East Building designed by renowned British Architect David Chipperfield, Panorama offers full service dining in an elegant setting. With breathtaking Forest Park views from its floor-to-ceiling windows, Panorama offers regional contemporary cuisine showcasing local, sustainably produced ingredients. Menus change seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Panorama - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Panorama reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)great for lunch (82)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (53)great for brunch (36)romantic (30)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pleasant well priced mealCharlieDined on 11/16/2014Not really a classic Sunday Brunch, but still a pleasant meal on a Sunday. If you are looking for the Classic Sunday brunch environment with omelet bar and buffet style then don't look here. If you are in the mood for a pleasant meal that is reasonably priced and want to catch the museum after then this is a great spot. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful / great experience/ fantastic food/ WOW!happyat64Dined on 11/12/2014My luncheon at the Panorama was truly a wonderful experience. The food was absolutely magnificent. Most notable was the brie cheese appetizer. I felt like I was in heaven. Service was terrific. The staff was great. They were polite and extremely helpful without being intrusive. The ambiance was perfect: peaceful, with a magnificent view of Forest Park. Not only was the food extremely tasty, but all of the dishes were displayed in such a pleasing way. I was totally impressed. Sitting down to a meal with fine linen, dish ware and cutlery with such delicious food at the museum was an experience that I cherish and am determined to repeat very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fall menuTulipDined on 11/11/2014The menu includes a variety of choices and the portions are lunch size. The baked brie with apricot & raspberry was wonderful. The butternut squash risotto with grilled shrimp was excellent. We topped it off with pumpkin cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappoibtedNny60Dined on 11/7/2014Sterile ambiance; lackluster service, dry & overly sweet short ribs; overly sweet risotto w shrimp; boring salad. Really a shame forwhat should be an exciting, beautiful restaurant given the $$ spent on renovation & the excellent setting that is our stunning St Louis Art Museum.
- Great foodBack2LouDined on 11/7/2014Great Fall menu, a nice variety made it hard to choose. We really enjoyed the Brie appetizer. The staff was professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeEasyg1Dined on 11/6/2014We wanted a special place for lunch on a fall day and this was it! The room, the service, the friendly staff, our meals said a lot of good things about St Louis. We were the last ones to leave and could've sat and talked all day...and outside in the museum sat the remarkable Nick Cave exhibit. Great day.Special Features:
- Calm and Serene with a ViewSunshineVIPDined on 11/6/2014A large room, high ceiling, tables not crowded, lots of natural light from one window wall. Service friendly and attentive. Food = something for everyone.Worth considering whenever you want a calm, serene lunch perhaps with friends from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchPearlDined on 11/5/2014Very nice place for a business lunch. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- SusieDined on 10/26/2014The museum and brunch at Panorama--what a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Staff were amazing...! And our waiter Kevin was outstanding!!! Carpparcio was perfect and the Salads were works of art. Thank you so much, Panorama is my all time "go to" for Brunch!Special Features:
- Best Meal Ever!Diyana40Dined on 10/25/2014My son and I went here for lunch while visiting the Art museum. We were very pleased with the service and the food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much ImprovementKatieKDined on 10/24/2014When first opened, I thought Pamorama was pretty disappointing; space was lovely with low noise level (much needed for those of us over 50 who don't hear as well as we used to do). Visit on last Friday was a complete turn around. Food was excellent, service was perfect--not too hovering but there when needed. My only negative comment was the color of the servers' shirts; burnt orange isn't a good color for most people, maybe the thought was the match the changing tree leaves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaeatjetDined on 10/17/2014The menu is well curated and innovative with an emphasis on fresh and local. Perfectly prepared and served. Everything we had was delicious from the beet salad to the pumpkin cheesecake. The only flaw was the service was slow getting the entree out and getting the check. We probably spent 20 extra minutes total waiting during our visit. The nice walk through the galleries after dinner made it a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I had a very enjoyable lunch at the Panorama. The service from the time I entered the door to the time I exited was superb. My salad was delicious and was a perfect portion size. The silverware, utensils, and tablecloth were tastefully chosen. I will be back soon. Thank you.Special Features:
- museumloverDined on 10/12/2014lovely brunch with good friends in a beautiful place with gorgeous view of park and place...totally enjoyed it....many thanks....Special Features:
- Impressed my out of town guestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I had requested a window seat since I had out of town guests. They greeted me with- Hello we have a window table for you as you requested. It was great & our server was good. The food was very good but there was ALOT. We both had salads that were too big to finish. The rolls were delicious. Also because the trees are turning colors it was a wonderful view.Special Features:
- Lunch was quite niceJeanetteDined on 10/11/2014Servers appear to be well trained. Atmosphere was quite urban, upscale. Modern décor. The menu offered a variety of choices, creative but not crazy creative. Thank goodness no pork belly, fish eyes or trendy "cutesy" on menu! Real food...well done, well presented. Only negative was that the shrimp bisque was too salty and the "dry" chardonnay was really an oxymoron - the chardonnay was still sweet. Overall, however, lunch was a vast improvement over the previous experience at Panorama. Ivy Magruder is to be applauded for his improvements!Special Features:
- BirthdaylunchDined on 10/10/2014Great food, lovely fun and wonderful service. It was our first time there and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Lovely setting. Friendly staff. Creative food well prepared. Makes a visit to the Art Museum even more special!Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperiencelindyDined on 10/9/2014Staff and ambiance are wonderful. Soup was good but didn't find much shrimp in the bisque. Creamy salmon sandwich was light on the salmon flavor. Cheesecake was very good. Chairs a bit on the heavy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main Course was ProblematicTonyDined on 10/9/2014I had ordered the beet and greens salad (excellent) and braised short ribs (not excellent). The gnocchi served with the ribs was superior, light but with body and the root vegetables were au point. The edible portion of the ribs, however, was 75 percent fat while the lean portion was dry, fibrous and lacking in beef flavor. Very disappointing. My wife's cauliflower and gruyere soup was very good and served at an appropriate temperature while her roast loin of pork was really good. Looking back, I should have complained but that's not my style.Special Features:
- Always a perfect choiceStormangelVIPDined on 10/3/2014I've gone to the Panorama quite often and have never been disappointed. The food is exceptional, the wine is glorious, the desserts are sensational and the service is beyond compare. It's easily become my favorite dining experience. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodie11Dined on 9/30/2014Every selection from start to finish was amazing! The shrimp and bacon bisque and beef carpaccio was divine. The chicken and spaghetti squash was delicious and the blonde with salted caramel was the perfect ending! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointedtakemeoutDined on 9/27/2014I was looking forward to enjoying lunch with my husband at the Art Museum all week and I was not disappointment. The food was delicious, the servers were very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. I really enjoyed the view too. I had the pan seared scallops and risotto and my husband had the beef tenderloin and we topped the meal off with the peach cobbler. We will definitely be back and recommend Panorama to our friends.Special Features:
- Dropped a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The waiter reached across the table to serve our Champagne drinks. Spilled and BROKE the drink on his tray onto someone in our party. We were moved another table. That was it. No manager came to apologize or offer to buy the a drink or food for the person that was now wet with a peach champagne drink. We were fortunate she was not cut by the broken that fell on her arm. We reserved for BRUNCH. There is not brunch. You just order from menu. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Afternoon delightU4ICDined on 9/13/2014After a stroll through the museum we sat at a table by the window (as we had requested) and enjoyed a perfect lunch as we watched a vibrant St. Louis scene passing by the large window. Perfect name "Panorama" for this restaurant. They have worked to get things right and it shows it great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- NiceplaceDined on 9/7/2014Nice place....food could be better....great view..I would recommend for special occassions.Special Features:
- Good brunchJKBHVIPDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed having a diverse menu-choices covered a number of breakfast selections to light and healthy lunch selections to meals. The food was very good with large portions. We will go back.Special Features:
- MehCaper51Dined on 9/5/2014Lovely view of Forest Park and pleasant waitstaff, but not enough to make up for a rubbery Basque chicken that was awash in a too-thin purple sauce. Almost impossible to identify the artichokes and peppers in the soupy, weakly seasoned dish. My dining partner had scallops and risotto, which she said was tasty.Special Features:
- enjoyable experience and good foodRa52Dined on 9/4/2014My son works in Clayton and we wanted to find a nice restaurant near Clayton. The restaurant had a lovely dressy look to it along with a nice view of the park. We received good service and attention. Crab salad sandwich with Brussel sprouts was delicious. Not sure it is easily accessible for handicapped at the entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artful lunchslumanDined on 9/2/2014well prepared and interesting food in a scenic venutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Panorama is the sit-down restaurant in the new wing of the St. Louis Art Museum. There's a magnificent view of the top of Art Hill and Forest Park. A white-napkin kind of place, but not overly snooty, and not too expensive. The salads were standard, but the scallops were prepared quite nicely over a tasty risotto. Good wine selection. Menu is not too adventurous but what you'd expect for a Museum restaurant. After dining I heard from some locals that the restaurant had recently acquired new management after some rough going. I can't compare it to its previous incarnation, but it seems quite nice now.Special Features:
- A delight!EddieDined on 8/31/2014Sometimes restaurants attached to cultural institutions have conspicuously lower standards than the institution they serve. Not so with Panorama. It is a lovely amenity to a great museum. The menu has flair, the prices are reasonable, and service is attentive. The ambience is pleasing. Overall dining experience: memorable and excellent.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Romantic DinnersullivsDined on 8/29/2014The Panorama restaurant at the Art Museum is truly a first-class dining experience, at bargain prices. They really have put together a great place that you would expect to find in Chicago or New York. The staff is professional and a compliment to the dining experience. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- such a differenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Txs for new management+ chef.Pl remember to always have a menu item that is not for foodies= a sandwich, etc.your quiche alwats a good idea. Scallops wete delicious as was chicken w vegetables on 8/ 29/ 14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant & tasty fooddukeDined on 8/22/2014My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on Aug. 21. We were very impressed with the menu options and very pleased with our selected lunch. My kale salad was fresh and tasty and the scallop rissotto was amazing in flavor. Also, we both had the pecan coconut cake which was outstanding too. We wish to go again.Special Features:
- Great new spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014See Forest Park, Art Museum and enjoy the ambiance of dining in the park.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food and service were both excellent!! I can't wait until I can come back.Special Features:
- Great Bruch Sunday off the menuSundayBrunchDined on 8/17/2014Sunday Aug. 17 Wife's Birthday 4 people with 10:30 reservation. First this is a great time to view some exhibits, foot traffic is low, and also a great time for the rest. not crowed at this time. Everyone endorsed this place as a perfect place to celebrate an event, food was excellent and a good selection, with something for all levels of taste. The service was way above normal and food was hot. We all enjoyed this place and it was also the first visit for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and ArtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014First time diner. Lunch with a view! The service was fabulous and staff was friendly and smiling. Food was divine! Tuna was cooked perfect. Vegetables were crisp and flavorful. Creme broule was nicely caramized with rich vanilla flavor. Will definitely be backSpecial Features: