14 North Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panoramaristorante.com/
- Phone: 2159227800x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Mon. - Sat.: Noon - 2:30pm (Full menu available all day at the bar.)
DINNER: Mon. - Thurs.: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Fri.- Sat.: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sun.: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Rosario Romano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Allow our onsite planners to assist you with organizing your event, reserving blocks of rooms for wedding guests, or establishing catering menus. Our staff members can guide you through every step of the planning process, whether you are organizing a business meeting, formal dinner or reception.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Philadelphia private dining areas include the elegant Stagione Room and our romantic Wine Cellar. The spaces are versatile enough to accommodate intimate sit-down dinners, grand banquets and everything in between.
- Private Party Contact: William Eccleston 2159227800x
- Cross Street: Market Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public, non-affiliated lot adjacent to the building with entrances on Market Street & on Front Street. Panorama validates parking for lunch between noon and 2:30pm Monday through Friday in the lot adjacent to the building.
A word from Panorama
A feast for the senses, Panorama offers authentic trattoria-style dining in the heart of Old City. The Northern region influences our Philadelphia Italian restaurant, featuring homemade pastas, authentic veal dishes, and fresh seafood specialties. A distinctive feature of Panorama is our unique wine bar, Il Bar, with its custom-built, 120-bottle wine dispensing unit, the current Guinness Book of World Records holder.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Panorama - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
Panorama reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (53)fit for foodies (31)romantic (29)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- astoundingly terriblelfmphillyDined on 9/19/2014the 2 things that keep a restaraunt going were COMPLETELY lacking here --food & service.the only thing that kept us in our seats without walking out was the wine selection is. -appetizers-pasta dishes were good enough for flavor but the noodles were stuck together. calamari was WAY overcooked in bad/old oil. like rubber burnt chicken. manager was nice enough to replace it, so we gave benefit of thedoubt.dinner-all main dishes were so small portioned.dessert took ANOTHER 40 minutes & we ordered it to go!how hard to wrap cake slices? THE SERVICE WAS CRAZY. 7 of us took 3 hours to eat with about 40 minutes waiting time in between each course!our waitress would disappear.all other tables regardless of size were in&out in normal time.why us?Special Features:
- Never disappointed here!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Dined with a large group for restaurant week. Service was top notch and we all loved our courses. Can't remcommend this gem enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Went with my girlfriends for restaurant week and we felt as if we were on a romantic date! The ambiance was beautiful and intimate. The food was delicious and very gluten free friendly. My only complaint was that it took 50 minutes for us to receive our second course which was sort of annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Overall Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014I have not been to Panorama in many years but am glad that I returned with my party for restaurant week. The server was extremely friendly and very professional paying attention to the smallest detail. The space in time between drinks, appetizer, entrée and desert was just right. I would recommend Panorama to family and friends.Special Features:
- Everything but the food ...PhillyfoodieDined on 9/16/2014The place is cute and I have heard great things about it. I went there for restaurant week and was disappointed. The food was not good at all. I had to stick to the delightful wine list. I had a pasta dish that was served with hard pasta. The sauce on it was even worse than the hard pasta. The next course came out which was the scallops. I stomached through one and couldn't finish the rest. Scallops are my favorite food and I couldn't even finish them. On the other hand the wine flights are amazing. Don't eat there just go for the wine.Special Features:
- Celebrating a BirthdayDaveDined on 9/15/2014We went to celebrate my wife's 62nd birthday and for restaurant week. The selection for RW was one of the best we could find in the city. The cauliflower flan was a delightful surprise. Wines by the glass were steep, though they do have a big selection. It would be better if the tables along the wall were 6 inches further apart, this way the waiter's butt wouldn't be literally hanging over and touching our table while he served next to us.Special Features:
- Restaurant week.dee3Dined on 9/12/2014I ordered calamari and leg of lamb, the boyfriend had a half order of gnocchi and rolled veal. We had the poached pear for dessert. Everything was fair, nothing special. The pear was my favorite part of the meal. It may be that it was restaurant week, but the flavors of the main course needed some depth.Special Features:
- Great Second ExperiencesouthphillygirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014Tried the restaurant during Restaurant Week with friends. It has been quite some time since I have been to the restaurant which did not disappoint. Everything was delicious. Cannot c wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelectionsdelishDined on 9/10/2014Regardless of your choice, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Wino's Wet DreamOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014The wine list was amazing, if you are a wino definitely go. The food was really good especially the sea bass. The server and bus boy were extremely attentive. The only negative is the fact that it took forever for the food to come out. It took 45 minutes alone for the first course and it wasn't that crowded.Special Features:
- Nice.junebug2020Dined on 9/9/2014Had a mid-week late-night double date here during restaurant week. I was impressed by the number of wine flights, but slightly disappointed that they didn't have a sparkling flight with all dry wines. I would have expected them to offer a substitution for the one sweet champagne instead of pointing me to a different non-sparkling flight. I was also impressed by them offering the full menu for restaurant week, but ended up being disappointed in the food. Everyone's meal was just kind of lackluster. Nothing was bad, but we were all just expecting more.Special Features:
- Excellent!KaseyDined on 9/6/2014I booked a room at Penn's View Hotel which included the Vino Viaggio Package (2 wine flights and cheese plate at dinner). We loved dining here! Everything was so delicious. Seriously, we could have just ate the bread and pesto all night, it was THAT good. We also loved how the wine flights were displayed on our table. The service was remarkable! The wine list and dessert menu were also to die for.Special Features:
- Incredible Wine SelectionArabrabeatsDined on 8/30/2014They are not kidding when they talk about their wine bar. Its amazing. The great thing about this place is that you can try a flight of several wines, but in drinking a single flight you don't get more than about a glass and 1/2 of wine. Its a delight. The food is also incredible. We all enjoyed the pasta special, and both the gnocci and the ravioli just melted in our mouths. Great place!Special Features:
- MaryannMaryannDined on 8/23/2014You want to dine. Don't miss this opportunity. Quiet,good food, service and makes you feel like your in a special place. The pasta trio dish is excellent. I had the scallops and my husband had veal medallions. Excellent! Don't forget to have the Tiramisu for desert. You have not tasted anything like this. Salute each other with their delicious Limecello to end your dinner meal. Fabulous!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesLinnysueDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant. Always have a great meal and outstanding wine selection available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice in old cityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014my mom had their card from a previous visit and it proved worthy of keeping their card - sampled three each = appetizers and salads and desserts all were fabulous but thier cauliflower flan was over the top! Best thing I've tried in quite awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!PegGezVIPDined on 8/6/2014I just got back from Italy and this restaurant was probably one of the closest experiences I've had to the food over there. It was very, very good! Ravioli was very light and melted in your mouth...the gnocchi was super light and almost fluffy...wine list was very impressive. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. Delizioso!!Special Features:
- lawmanlawmanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent food with an exceptional wine list, and even better service.Special Features:
- An old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I enjoy going back to places that have been reliable in the past, my wife is quite the food critic, personally I am grateful to be able to afford the luxury of having someone cook me dinner, serve it and clean up for a reasonable fee, I am like most men I guess. the food has never disappointed us and the food prices are very tolerable, wine prices are set like most restaurant wine prices. Overall good, polite and friendly service.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The Italian wine flight was awesome! My girlfriend wasn't crazy about the lobster ravioli but she suggested to me the pork chop which was delicious. She also said we can come back again and just order different meals. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WINE!roserun13VIPDined on 7/26/2014For any wine enthusiast, this is your place! They have flights of wine that build in flavor and intensity. The food was impeccable, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is one of my favorite Old City Spots and usually, even during restaurant week they get everything just right. Unfortunately, they gave our server a nine top right next to us which caused our service to seriously suffer. Our reservation was at 7 PM and our whole party arrived on time and was seated on time, however, no food or drink order was even taken until 8 PM, which I find completely unacceptable. Nobody apologized, no manager came to say anything, the server just thanked us for our patience. Our dinner didn't end until 10 PM because it took so long just to get an order taken. I was SO disappointed in what is usually an all around spectacular dining experience.Special Features:
- Wine flights!KMagnussVIPDined on 7/21/2014The Italian dishes went so great with the sampling of wine. The bartender was very attentive and offered perfect pairing suggestions. The ambiance was perfect for date night! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014Food was good as usual but the entres were bland. Needed herb or spice or something. Pasta as usual was great but again sauces so so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Great variety of tequila and delicious food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timdmanDined on 6/28/2014Had a very good meal and wait staff was excellent. Sat at the bar before dinner and had a nice glass of wine but staff at the bar needs a little personality. Overall a very good experience. Food choices a little outside the ordinary and excellently prepared. Had wrapped figs for an appetizer that were great. Pasta disshes come in half-potions too, great when traveling.Special Features:
- great for romantic dinnerMarkDined on 6/21/2014We went to Philly for a get away anniversary weekend and found this restaurant on Open Table. We booked the reservation and noted it was our anniversary. We were treated to a champagne toast and outstanding service. The food was great. It was perfect.Special Features:
- The following 930 reviews are from the Panorama reviews archive.
- KittyDined on 5/24/2014This hidden gem has a lovely Italian menu. The real highlight is the extensive wine list, with the added feature of wine flights, a selection of five 1.5 ounce pours of wine in many different collections. My husband chose a rather expensive flight of small batch wines, and was very pleased. I started with oysters on the half shell, perfectly shucked, and for dinner a nice pasta trio. My husband had a stuffed veal dish he enjoyed. I would recommend, especially if you're attending a play at the Arden!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAlsaniDined on 5/10/2014Wife and I ate here for our anniversary and could not have asked for a better experience. The food was outstanding but most of all the knowledge of the wait staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014We visited one of the area museums and had dinner at 6:15. The food was wonderful Service was very pleasant and overall we enjoyed ourselves very much. They have a very extensive wine list and we took advantage of this. I would recommend Ristorante Panorama to anyone that wants a pleasant dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PastaAllanPDined on 4/17/2014The duck ragout pasta was good. Another pasta dish which I originally chose with speck in a red sauce according to the waiter was actually in a white sauce so I changed my selection. The ravioli with ricotta was good but just warm and the diver scallops was good. The waiter also did not know the well brand of the gin being served so he was either new or not properly trained. Previous visits have been better all around.Special Features:
- Ristorante Panorama is alwaysamm372Dined on 4/12/2014Ristorante Panorama is always a winner and have been dining here for over 20 years. It never disappoints! The wine selection is like no other and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six of us sat in the bar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Six of us sat in the bar area and it was great . The staff was very helpful and the wine was amazing as always. Food was very good especially appetizers and pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has been inOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant has been in business for a long time, and with good reason. The food is excellent. The surroundings are delightful and our server, Marcello, was a treat. They serve wine "flights." A sampling of the extensive wine cellar, which is fun for those trying to develope a wine sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayKelseyDined on 4/4/2014I took my husband there for his birthday and they really made our experience great. I would recommend this to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2014Portions were smaller than usual. An unpleasant odor was noticeable in the bar dining area only (bit like a dirty mop). Food wasn't okay….not as yummy as when we dined previously and was just warm. A bit disappointing…..Special Features:
- For Philly's OenophilesSteveKVIPDined on 3/30/2014It has been some time since I was last at Panorama, and I had forgotten how vast the wine list is and that one can get many, many wines by the glass. Pricing is very competitive, more so than in many area restaurants. The food was very good, and the service was efficient and pleasant. My church is just a block away, so I hope to make Panorama a more frequent dining destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted a quick Friday nightMymoejoeDined on 3/28/2014We wanted a quick Friday night getaway in the city. We arrived early, got street parking and settled in at the bar for a few drinks before dinner. Bartenders were knowledgable and friendly. After a few drinks of new wines from the well stocked wine bar we had to decide on dinner at the bar or our reservation in the dining room. We did not want to leave the bar but opted for the dining room. Dinner was lovely and our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Save room for the tiramisu. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsErlynstar299Dined on 3/27/2014As usual, Ristorante Panorama never fails to impress and give us an enjoyable evening. WE started the night with flights of champagne, shared the Calamari Marinati, each enjoyed our dinner Chioces. Mine was the Tortellini Di Ricotta, hers the iGamberi Con Fagioli Di Soia. Both were shared with great relish. Afterwards we had my coffee and her expresso. Unfortunately, this time there wasn't room for dessert, but we did manage after dinner drinks. All in all, a great evening.Special Features:
- There is none betterRICHEVIPDined on 3/15/2014The restaurant is located in the Penn'sView Hotel. We have been to Panorama before but this time we spent the night in Hotel. Between the two that is where my title came from. We have been to many restaurants and hotels in Philadelphia. This is why I can say there is None better. If you can't stay at Penn'sView you still have to eat at Panorama.Special Features: