14 North Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panoramaristorante.com/
- Phone: 2159227800x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Mon. - Sat.: Noon - 2:30pm (Full menu available all day at the bar.)
DINNER: Mon. - Thurs.: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Fri.- Sat.: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sun.: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Rosario Romano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Allow our onsite planners to assist you with organizing your event, reserving blocks of rooms for wedding guests, or establishing catering menus. Our staff members can guide you through every step of the planning process, whether you are organizing a business meeting, formal dinner or reception.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Philadelphia private dining areas include the elegant Stagione Room and our romantic Wine Cellar. The spaces are versatile enough to accommodate intimate sit-down dinners, grand banquets and everything in between.
- Private Party Contact: William Eccleston 2159227800x
- Cross Street: Market Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public, non-affiliated lot adjacent to the building with entrances on Market Street & on Front Street. Panorama validates parking for lunch between noon and 2:30pm Monday through Friday in the lot adjacent to the building.
A word from Panorama
A feast for the senses, Panorama offers authentic trattoria-style dining in the heart of Old City. The Northern region influences our Philadelphia Italian restaurant, featuring homemade pastas, authentic veal dishes, and fresh seafood specialties. A distinctive feature of Panorama is our unique wine bar, Il Bar, with its custom-built, 120-bottle wine dispensing unit, the current Guinness Book of World Records holder.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Panorama - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
Panorama reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (71)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (39)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Delicious and beautiful!ShawVIPDined on 10/25/2014We decided last minute to go out for dinner and were able to get a reservation right away. The food was excellent and the servers were fast and attentive. I got the pasta trio and steak while my wife got the soup and chicken. The gnocci is amazing! We got cream puffs for dessert which were also excellent (we tried for the chocolate cake but they were out). Our only issue was there was a loud group next to us - very loud. Next time we'll ask to be seated away from groups.Special Features:
- Great servicebongDined on 10/18/2014The food was mediocre, great selection of wine, and the waiters were very attentive.Special Features:
- Great italian FoodIBegtodifferDined on 10/16/2014The only drawback to Panorama is that its pace can be too leisurely. Not a good spot if you're in a rush but if you want a terrific Italian meal and have a few hours at dinner - one of the best spots in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Spectacular service. Amazing food. Hundreds of wines.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Our server was a quintessential pro. Upon request he suggested appropriate wines according to our tastes -- oakey, fruity, floral. Our group of four appreciated a subdued noise level conducive to conversation even though the room was full. Burrata creamy as a virgin's thighs. A bit cold sitting by the windows.Special Features:
- Changed but still lovelydjhrickVIPDined on 10/10/2014Last time we were at Panorama, we were still seated in the restaurant area. This time we were in the bar. When we asked why, the confused staff said they hardly ever used the restaurant, whch was surprising, as we have been there frequently in the past. Even so, our dinner did not disappoint. The very changed menu was very good. A few things, like the lamb and the calamari and all of the desserts, were excellent. The wine list by the glass was amazing (over 150 choices) and the beer selection was pretty good, too. It was quiet enough that we could talk companionably. The murals and the decor make the place a pleasure for the eyes as well as the palate. This is a great choice for a lovely evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation?phldnrDined on 10/4/2014We made a reservation on Open Table (for 8 p.m. on a Saturday night) and we around 8:05. There was no hostess to greet us and we stood awkwardly for a few minutes until she finally made an appearance. I could see in her computer system that she had our reservation, but she told us she didn't have any tables available. (?) Why did we bother making reservations? She shuffled us over to the bar for "5 minutes" which turned into 10-15. Our server was great, but the kitchen was unnecessarily slow. We ordered two pasta dishes, both of which were specials that night, and it took 30-45 minutes to come out. The wine list is great, but I'm not sure this place is worth the wait. Would not recommend if you're on any kind of schedule for the evening!Special Features:
- I hope it was just a bad nightLawrenceDined on 10/4/2014Somthing went very wrong in the kitchen....very disappointing.
- nice eveningprefernottoVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food and wine were excellent. Somewhat surprised that diners were seated in the bar while the restaurant section was closed. It was a Friday night, but a little later so perhaps that is their design. Seating was adequate and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World With Fresh IngredientsKikiDined on 9/27/2014Panorama is obviously not drawing many lunchers. Our party of five had the bar dining room virtually to ourselves, so the noise level was positively a dream come true. Pricey, yes, but one can manage a midday meal without breaking the bank, and the fine food, excellent wine and service made the experience a positive one in every way. Even a few more lunchers wouldn't entirely spoil the noise level… KikiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronarcVIPDined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Philadelphia experience and this retaurant capped off our trip. The interior of the restaurant was well decorated and the service was just to our liking (not hurried). The wine list was exceptional as well as the sausage filled ravioli. You must have the tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousdinnertimeDined on 9/21/2014Food was fabulous. Wine list bordered on intimidating!! So many wines to choose from, something for everyone. Décor perfectly suited the meal. I'll be back.Special Features:
- DisappointingsoandsoDined on 9/20/2014Although our group of seven had had several nice meals here in the past, we won't be coming back. Our waiter was one of the worst we've ever experienced. Forgot one person's wine, another person's coffee. No apology either time. He bordered on rude when two people called his attention to the lack of crabmeat in their pasta and crab dish. When he did finally bring each a small serving of the crab, their pasta was cold. At no time had he stopped by the table to ask if things were going as expected in this white tablecloth restaurant. The profiteroles were not at all good -- flavorless, runny cream inside the so-so puffs and scant chocolate sauce.Special Features:
- astoundingly terriblelfmphillyDined on 9/19/2014the 2 things that keep a restaraunt going were COMPLETELY lacking here --food & service.the only thing that kept us in our seats without walking out was the wine selection is. -appetizers-pasta dishes were good enough for flavor but the noodles were stuck together. calamari was WAY overcooked in bad/old oil. like rubber burnt chicken. manager was nice enough to replace it, so we gave benefit of thedoubt.dinner-all main dishes were so small portioned.dessert took ANOTHER 40 minutes & we ordered it to go!how hard to wrap cake slices? THE SERVICE WAS CRAZY. 7 of us took 3 hours to eat with about 40 minutes waiting time in between each course!our waitress would disappear.all other tables regardless of size were in&out in normal time.why us?Special Features:
- Never disappointed here!Andi09Dined on 9/19/2014Dined with a large group for restaurant week. Service was top notch and we all loved our courses. Can't remcommend this gem enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wine List and Amazing FoodKittyzarDined on 9/19/2014You can't get better than here for wine and amazing foods. While we stopped at the bar section before dinner and the bartender didn't have the charisma we would have hoped for, our server in the dining room was a gem. The management stopped over and checked in on us and just made everything special. The food is delicious and the pesto oil for the bread is obviously freshly made in back. With 120 wines available by the glass, no wonder it is in the Guinness Book of World Records. Highly recommended for any event or just a great moment to have a great wine and/or meal. P.S. - try the homemade Limoncello, superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!JoRoseDined on 9/17/2014Went with my girlfriends for restaurant week and we felt as if we were on a romantic date! The ambiance was beautiful and intimate. The food was delicious and very gluten free friendly. My only complaint was that it took 50 minutes for us to receive our second course which was sort of annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Overall Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014I have not been to Panorama in many years but am glad that I returned with my party for restaurant week. The server was extremely friendly and very professional paying attention to the smallest detail. The space in time between drinks, appetizer, entrée and desert was just right. I would recommend Panorama to family and friends.Special Features:
- Everything but the food ...PhillyfoodieDined on 9/16/2014The place is cute and I have heard great things about it. I went there for restaurant week and was disappointed. The food was not good at all. I had to stick to the delightful wine list. I had a pasta dish that was served with hard pasta. The sauce on it was even worse than the hard pasta. The next course came out which was the scallops. I stomached through one and couldn't finish the rest. Scallops are my favorite food and I couldn't even finish them. On the other hand the wine flights are amazing. Don't eat there just go for the wine.Special Features:
- Celebrating a BirthdayDaveDined on 9/15/2014We went to celebrate my wife's 62nd birthday and for restaurant week. The selection for RW was one of the best we could find in the city. The cauliflower flan was a delightful surprise. Wines by the glass were steep, though they do have a big selection. It would be better if the tables along the wall were 6 inches further apart, this way the waiter's butt wouldn't be literally hanging over and touching our table while he served next to us.Special Features:
- Restaurant week.dee3Dined on 9/12/2014I ordered calamari and leg of lamb, the boyfriend had a half order of gnocchi and rolled veal. We had the poached pear for dessert. Everything was fair, nothing special. The pear was my favorite part of the meal. It may be that it was restaurant week, but the flavors of the main course needed some depth.Special Features:
- Great Second ExperiencesouthphillygirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014Tried the restaurant during Restaurant Week with friends. It has been quite some time since I have been to the restaurant which did not disappoint. Everything was delicious. Cannot c wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelectionsdelishDined on 9/10/2014Regardless of your choice, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Wino's Wet DreamOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014The wine list was amazing, if you are a wino definitely go. The food was really good especially the sea bass. The server and bus boy were extremely attentive. The only negative is the fact that it took forever for the food to come out. It took 45 minutes alone for the first course and it wasn't that crowded.Special Features:
- Nice.junebug2020Dined on 9/9/2014Had a mid-week late-night double date here during restaurant week. I was impressed by the number of wine flights, but slightly disappointed that they didn't have a sparkling flight with all dry wines. I would have expected them to offer a substitution for the one sweet champagne instead of pointing me to a different non-sparkling flight. I was also impressed by them offering the full menu for restaurant week, but ended up being disappointed in the food. Everyone's meal was just kind of lackluster. Nothing was bad, but we were all just expecting more.Special Features:
- Excellent!KaseyDined on 9/6/2014I booked a room at Penn's View Hotel which included the Vino Viaggio Package (2 wine flights and cheese plate at dinner). We loved dining here! Everything was so delicious. Seriously, we could have just ate the bread and pesto all night, it was THAT good. We also loved how the wine flights were displayed on our table. The service was remarkable! The wine list and dessert menu were also to die for.Special Features:
- Incredible Wine SelectionArabrabeatsDined on 8/30/2014They are not kidding when they talk about their wine bar. Its amazing. The great thing about this place is that you can try a flight of several wines, but in drinking a single flight you don't get more than about a glass and 1/2 of wine. Its a delight. The food is also incredible. We all enjoyed the pasta special, and both the gnocci and the ravioli just melted in our mouths. Great place!Special Features:
- MaryannMaryannDined on 8/23/2014You want to dine. Don't miss this opportunity. Quiet,good food, service and makes you feel like your in a special place. The pasta trio dish is excellent. I had the scallops and my husband had veal medallions. Excellent! Don't forget to have the Tiramisu for desert. You have not tasted anything like this. Salute each other with their delicious Limecello to end your dinner meal. Fabulous!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesLinnysueDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant. Always have a great meal and outstanding wine selection available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice in old cityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014my mom had their card from a previous visit and it proved worthy of keeping their card - sampled three each = appetizers and salads and desserts all were fabulous but thier cauliflower flan was over the top! Best thing I've tried in quite awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!PegGezVIPDined on 8/6/2014I just got back from Italy and this restaurant was probably one of the closest experiences I've had to the food over there. It was very, very good! Ravioli was very light and melted in your mouth...the gnocchi was super light and almost fluffy...wine list was very impressive. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. Delizioso!!Special Features:
- lawmanlawmanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent food with an exceptional wine list, and even better service.Special Features:
- An old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I enjoy going back to places that have been reliable in the past, my wife is quite the food critic, personally I am grateful to be able to afford the luxury of having someone cook me dinner, serve it and clean up for a reasonable fee, I am like most men I guess. the food has never disappointed us and the food prices are very tolerable, wine prices are set like most restaurant wine prices. Overall good, polite and friendly service.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The Italian wine flight was awesome! My girlfriend wasn't crazy about the lobster ravioli but she suggested to me the pork chop which was delicious. She also said we can come back again and just order different meals. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WINE!roserun13VIPDined on 7/26/2014For any wine enthusiast, this is your place! They have flights of wine that build in flavor and intensity. The food was impeccable, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is one of my favorite Old City Spots and usually, even during restaurant week they get everything just right. Unfortunately, they gave our server a nine top right next to us which caused our service to seriously suffer. Our reservation was at 7 PM and our whole party arrived on time and was seated on time, however, no food or drink order was even taken until 8 PM, which I find completely unacceptable. Nobody apologized, no manager came to say anything, the server just thanked us for our patience. Our dinner didn't end until 10 PM because it took so long just to get an order taken. I was SO disappointed in what is usually an all around spectacular dining experience.Special Features:
- Wine flights!KMagnussVIPDined on 7/21/2014The Italian dishes went so great with the sampling of wine. The bartender was very attentive and offered perfect pairing suggestions. The ambiance was perfect for date night! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014Food was good as usual but the entres were bland. Needed herb or spice or something. Pasta as usual was great but again sauces so so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Great variety of tequila and delicious food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 932 reviews are from the Panorama reviews archive.
- timdmanDined on 6/28/2014Had a very good meal and wait staff was excellent. Sat at the bar before dinner and had a nice glass of wine but staff at the bar needs a little personality. Overall a very good experience. Food choices a little outside the ordinary and excellently prepared. Had wrapped figs for an appetizer that were great. Pasta disshes come in half-potions too, great when traveling.Special Features: