14 North Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panoramaristorante.com/
- Phone: 2159227800x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Mon. - Sat.: Noon - 2:30pm (Full menu available all day at the bar.)
DINNER: Mon. - Thurs.: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Fri.- Sat.: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sun.: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Rosario Romano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Allow our onsite planners to assist you with organizing your event, reserving blocks of rooms for wedding guests, or establishing catering menus. Our staff members can guide you through every step of the planning process, whether you are organizing a business meeting, formal dinner or reception.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Philadelphia private dining areas include the elegant Stagione Room and our romantic Wine Cellar. The spaces are versatile enough to accommodate intimate sit-down dinners, grand banquets and everything in between.
- Private Party Contact: William Eccleston 2159227800x
- Cross Street: Market Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public, non-affiliated lot adjacent to the building with entrances on Market Street & on Front Street. Panorama validates parking for lunch between noon and 2:30pm Monday through Friday in the lot adjacent to the building.
A word from Panorama
A feast for the senses, Panorama offers authentic trattoria-style dining in the heart of Old City. The Northern region influences our Philadelphia Italian restaurant, featuring homemade pastas, authentic veal dishes, and fresh seafood specialties. A distinctive feature of Panorama is our unique wine bar, Il Bar, with its custom-built, 120-bottle wine dispensing unit, the current Guinness Book of World Records holder.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Panorama - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
Panorama reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (31)romantic (22)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- MaryannMaryannDined on 8/23/2014You want to dine. Don't miss this opportunity. Quiet,good food, service and makes you feel like your in a special place. The pasta trio dish is excellent. I had the scallops and my husband had veal medallions. Excellent! Don't forget to have the Tiramisu for desert. You have not tasted anything like this. Salute each other with their delicious Limecello to end your dinner meal. Fabulous!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesLinnysueDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant. Always have a great meal and outstanding wine selection available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice in old cityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014my mom had their card from a previous visit and it proved worthy of keeping their card - sampled three each = appetizers and salads and desserts all were fabulous but thier cauliflower flan was over the top! Best thing I've tried in quite awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!PegGezVIPDined on 8/6/2014I just got back from Italy and this restaurant was probably one of the closest experiences I've had to the food over there. It was very, very good! Ravioli was very light and melted in your mouth...the gnocchi was super light and almost fluffy...wine list was very impressive. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. Delizioso!!Special Features:
- lawmanlawmanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent food with an exceptional wine list, and even better service.Special Features:
- An old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I enjoy going back to places that have been reliable in the past, my wife is quite the food critic, personally I am grateful to be able to afford the luxury of having someone cook me dinner, serve it and clean up for a reasonable fee, I am like most men I guess. the food has never disappointed us and the food prices are very tolerable, wine prices are set like most restaurant wine prices. Overall good, polite and friendly service.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The Italian wine flight was awesome! My girlfriend wasn't crazy about the lobster ravioli but she suggested to me the pork chop which was delicious. She also said we can come back again and just order different meals. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WINE!roserun13VIPDined on 7/26/2014For any wine enthusiast, this is your place! They have flights of wine that build in flavor and intensity. The food was impeccable, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is one of my favorite Old City Spots and usually, even during restaurant week they get everything just right. Unfortunately, they gave our server a nine top right next to us which caused our service to seriously suffer. Our reservation was at 7 PM and our whole party arrived on time and was seated on time, however, no food or drink order was even taken until 8 PM, which I find completely unacceptable. Nobody apologized, no manager came to say anything, the server just thanked us for our patience. Our dinner didn't end until 10 PM because it took so long just to get an order taken. I was SO disappointed in what is usually an all around spectacular dining experience.Special Features:
- Wine flights!KMagnussVIPDined on 7/21/2014The Italian dishes went so great with the sampling of wine. The bartender was very attentive and offered perfect pairing suggestions. The ambiance was perfect for date night! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014Food was good as usual but the entres were bland. Needed herb or spice or something. Pasta as usual was great but again sauces so so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Great variety of tequila and delicious food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timdmanDined on 6/28/2014Had a very good meal and wait staff was excellent. Sat at the bar before dinner and had a nice glass of wine but staff at the bar needs a little personality. Overall a very good experience. Food choices a little outside the ordinary and excellently prepared. Had wrapped figs for an appetizer that were great. Pasta disshes come in half-potions too, great when traveling.Special Features:
- great for romantic dinnerMarkDined on 6/21/2014We went to Philly for a get away anniversary weekend and found this restaurant on Open Table. We booked the reservation and noted it was our anniversary. We were treated to a champagne toast and outstanding service. The food was great. It was perfect.Special Features:
- KittyDined on 5/24/2014This hidden gem has a lovely Italian menu. The real highlight is the extensive wine list, with the added feature of wine flights, a selection of five 1.5 ounce pours of wine in many different collections. My husband chose a rather expensive flight of small batch wines, and was very pleased. I started with oysters on the half shell, perfectly shucked, and for dinner a nice pasta trio. My husband had a stuffed veal dish he enjoyed. I would recommend, especially if you're attending a play at the Arden!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAlsaniDined on 5/10/2014Wife and I ate here for our anniversary and could not have asked for a better experience. The food was outstanding but most of all the knowledge of the wait staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 928 reviews are from the Panorama reviews archive.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014We visited one of the area museums and had dinner at 6:15. The food was wonderful Service was very pleasant and overall we enjoyed ourselves very much. They have a very extensive wine list and we took advantage of this. I would recommend Ristorante Panorama to anyone that wants a pleasant dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PastaAllanPDined on 4/17/2014The duck ragout pasta was good. Another pasta dish which I originally chose with speck in a red sauce according to the waiter was actually in a white sauce so I changed my selection. The ravioli with ricotta was good but just warm and the diver scallops was good. The waiter also did not know the well brand of the gin being served so he was either new or not properly trained. Previous visits have been better all around.Special Features:
- Ristorante Panorama is alwaysamm372Dined on 4/12/2014Ristorante Panorama is always a winner and have been dining here for over 20 years. It never disappoints! The wine selection is like no other and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six of us sat in the bar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Six of us sat in the bar area and it was great . The staff was very helpful and the wine was amazing as always. Food was very good especially appetizers and pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has been inOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant has been in business for a long time, and with good reason. The food is excellent. The surroundings are delightful and our server, Marcello, was a treat. They serve wine "flights." A sampling of the extensive wine cellar, which is fun for those trying to develope a wine sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayKelseyDined on 4/4/2014I took my husband there for his birthday and they really made our experience great. I would recommend this to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2014Portions were smaller than usual. An unpleasant odor was noticeable in the bar dining area only (bit like a dirty mop). Food wasn't okay….not as yummy as when we dined previously and was just warm. A bit disappointing…..Special Features:
- For Philly's OenophilesSteveKVIPDined on 3/30/2014It has been some time since I was last at Panorama, and I had forgotten how vast the wine list is and that one can get many, many wines by the glass. Pricing is very competitive, more so than in many area restaurants. The food was very good, and the service was efficient and pleasant. My church is just a block away, so I hope to make Panorama a more frequent dining destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted a quick Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014We wanted a quick Friday night getaway in the city. We arrived early, got street parking and settled in at the bar for a few drinks before dinner. Bartenders were knowledgable and friendly. After a few drinks of new wines from the well stocked wine bar we had to decide on dinner at the bar or our reservation in the dining room. We did not want to leave the bar but opted for the dining room. Dinner was lovely and our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Save room for the tiramisu. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsErlynstar299Dined on 3/27/2014As usual, Ristorante Panorama never fails to impress and give us an enjoyable evening. WE started the night with flights of champagne, shared the Calamari Marinati, each enjoyed our dinner Chioces. Mine was the Tortellini Di Ricotta, hers the iGamberi Con Fagioli Di Soia. Both were shared with great relish. Afterwards we had my coffee and her expresso. Unfortunately, this time there wasn't room for dessert, but we did manage after dinner drinks. All in all, a great evening.Special Features:
- There is none betterRICHEVIPDined on 3/15/2014The restaurant is located in the Penn'sView Hotel. We have been to Panorama before but this time we spent the night in Hotel. Between the two that is where my title came from. We have been to many restaurants and hotels in Philadelphia. This is why I can say there is None better. If you can't stay at Penn'sView you still have to eat at Panorama.Special Features:
- I have been to this restaurantJoshuwayDined on 3/15/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and always enjoyed the wine, service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One wine flight was terriblyMikeyDined on 3/13/2014One wine flight was terribly overpriced. (If it were outstanding, I wouldn't have minded it were MORE expensive). The waiter's breath was abominable. Other than that, the service was fantastic, the food was great (especially the pasta).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a very nice diiner onAJBossDined on 3/8/2014Had a very nice diiner on a Saturday night - most of the food was very good, with a few minor exceptions, but nothing that would prevent me from dining here again. The hightlight as always are the flights of wine, and Jessica our waitress was nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and Lunch - 2014chipmanDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I, along with her sister and husband, dined at Panorama for lunch (twice) and dinner. Our dinner experience was excellent, even after we had to ask for our bill to be corrected. The mistake was acknowledged and handled quickly and professionally. We started by sharing 2 appetizers - Calamari Fritti as well as homemade ricotta & mozzarella ravioli in a basil cream sauce. Entrees consisted of an order of plain Penne' Pasta, Pan-seared "diver" scallops (fabulous texture) Risotto with shaved truffles and a spinach pasta with pork ragu sauce. All were excellent Dessert was shared - profiteroles filled with peanut butter mousse topped with chocolate sauce and crumbled peanut brittle along with a selection of gelatos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointingjzp53Dined on 3/1/2014I have been to this restaurant before and have liked it. Not this time. We had a 7:30 reservation - we were on time and were told by the hostess that it would be a few minutes wait as they were waiting for tables to turn over. We were a party of three and there were at least 4 or 5 tables for four completely open. Both girls at the front seemed to be scattered and clueless. The food was mediocre. I had the spinach pasta with sausage - the pasta itself was homemade and cooked well but the sauce was nonexistent with very little sausage. Presentation was lacking - food wasn't well seasoned. There are so many other Italian restaurants in Philly that are so much better - I would not ever return here.
- uneven food quallityoutandaboutVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had the trio pasta sampler for an appetizer which was excellent but the main course the veal was rather bland and lacked flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the name of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014While the name of the restaurant includes "Panorama", there is no view at all of anything. Our meal was just OK but the wait service was poor. Wrong drink order, forgotten drink order. The restaurant was not that crowded nor was it any special day but the service lacked. We do visit Philadelphia often, but I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone nor will we revisit.
- Wine and food come together!WhootersDined on 2/28/2014The country's largest cruvinet! Need I say more. 120 wines by the glass. Great food to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrosty2014Dined on 2/28/2014If the weather had been warmer, we'd have left and walked until we found another place after we learned that the main restaurant was closed due to too few people dining that evening and we saw the limited menu. Pasta was overcooked and boring, even though I ordered the special of 3 pastas. The salads were the best part. The extensive wine list at least provided us a sure bottle of quality wine. Overall, the food and drink were overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- Special memorieswalkalotDined on 2/22/2014I have gone there 3 times now over the past years. Each time was a mini-reunion with dear dear people in my life. The wine samplers are great - the food terrific- service superb- memories- everlasting.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceBonsDined on 2/21/2014so glad that we finally tried this place. We did it all, we sat at the bar (kudos to Anne the bartender) and did 2 red wine flights and the 4 italian cheese tray. Then she moved us to the perfect table for dinner with Annette the waitress. Both ladies were very knowlegeable and quite friendly. The food was delicious and the staff was very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at the Barjimnjess44Dined on 2/15/2014Had reservations for a table, but went early to sample some wines at the bar. Atmosphere and service in the bar area was so awesome that instead of being seated, we decided to order and eat our dinner right where we were. Bar staff was extremely helpful in selecting wines and recommending food. And the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wine here is delicious!MLeCDined on 2/15/2014The wine here is delicious! The food was okay. It seemed as though not everything on the menu was made fresh which I expect from a nicer dining establishment. We would definitely return for the bar but there are so many other options for Italian food in the city that are better if you are looking for dinner.Special Features: