1344 Park St.
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panolivo.com/
- Phone: 8052393366
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 12:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Beatrice Cop
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Breakfast and lunch off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Panolivo offers two rooms which can be used for private parties. Room 1 holds up to 40 guests and Room 2 up to 36 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Didier 8057121569
A word from Panolivo
Tasty, comforting and healthy, French-inspired California cuisine, in a warm, inviting, casual chic atmosphere. Breakfast, lunch & dinner served nonstop, all-day, everyday. Spectacular desserts and French pastries, reasonably priced French and local wines. Extensive kids menu and outdoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Panolivo - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Panolivo reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Worth the VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful home made bread, wonderful staff, and several menus to choose from including Gluten Free.
- French cookingBud4lunchDined on 8/11/2014My mother in law is French and said the food was like eating back in France. She enjoyed the EscargotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost greatLookingforgreatDined on 8/2/2014The food, seafood puff pastry, was very good but felt like it could have been fresher (the seafood). The ambiance was the greatest weakness. It just felt cheap and not the cleanest. It felt like a hometown buffet with the kids and all (not ours). When you go for a special occasion, specially as a visitor, you don't want to see the fast food deli section.
- Great StopOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014My family stopped for brunch on our drive from San Jose to Santa Barbara. We made our reservation from the car and it was an easy stop from the highway. Great kids menu. Great wine.Special Features:
- Good concept poorly executedMoodiefoodieDined on 7/6/2014There was nothing about the food we ordered to suggest that it had been prepared by someone familiar with what it should, or could have been. The cuisine as advertised should have had a French family basis, but that idea vanished when the onion soup was served. I think one should expect more that sautéed onions in au-jus given the prices. We were directed to try the salsa bar, which may hint at what the problem is. Won't be back.
- Fabulous food!!!!!!tinyTNCDined on 6/29/2014WOW!!!!The most incredible experience. We went on a 9 day vacation, visited many restaurants and this by far was the BEST restaurant we dined at. Highly recommend when traveling, to definitely visit Panolivo. It was awesome!!! The restaurant has some great gluten free dishes my daughter was so excited, and also some fabulous salads and hummus for those of us who are RAW foodist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French & MediterraneanNatalyaSVIPDined on 6/28/2014It was a very random choice and it happened to be so good! We were driving to Santa Barbara for vacation, had great lunch @ Panolivo, so on the way back we unanimously decided to eat there again .. and we were not disappointed. We ate French first time and we ate Mediterranean food on the way back, both were outstanding. Kids menu was rich and balanced. We will be definitely back!Special Features:
- DELICIOUS.BirthdayGirlVIPDined on 6/21/2014One of the most delicious places I have been to for breakfast in years. Their quiches and French sausage is absolutely amazing! Our family enjoyed breakfast so much on our trip to Paso, we returned for the second day as well! The service staff was attentive, genuine and always wore a smile. Thank you Panolivo for the great food and experience.Special Features:
- A Great Dining ExperiencedinerDined on 6/14/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday and ended up with a fine dinner. The soup and homemade rolls were just the beginning of a great meal. The main entrees all were outstanding, and we will definitely return soon to try more of them.Special Features:
- The following 159 reviews are from the Panolivo reviews archive.
- Mother's Day BrunchprcakeladyDined on 5/11/2014My mother and I went here because they have an extensive gluten free menu and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! It was easy to make reservations online, or table was ready when we arrived and the service and food was wonderful.Special Features:
- worse then airline foodadolfoDined on 4/20/2014Open Table should not carry such a poor restaurant in their list. The food is terrible. Airline type reheated prefab stuff. Should be called Gate Gourmet.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 4/20/2014Cute place, but the food was not anything special. The eggs were overcooked. Coffee was terrible. The waitstaff was nice enough. The mimosas were terrible, which is strange since it's in wine country. I would not recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- We love to eat at PanolivoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/30/2014We love to eat at Panolivo every time we come to Paso Robles. Delicious food. Wonderful pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Paso RoblesMarilynVIPDined on 3/5/2014We had an incredibly great experience here! From the moment we entered the restaurant, we were greeted warmly by the staff, served promptly and everything was delicious. The menu is exciting and offers many wonderful choices. The salad I ordered was fabulous! I had the chicken cordon bleu that was incredibly good. The portions were huge, food was served hot and the presentation was beautiful. This is a hidden gem and one we would definitely recommend to others and return to eat there when we are back in the area. We wish we lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRandy082054VIPDined on 3/4/2014TripAdvisor ratings on this place were inflated. Menu was all over the place. We wound up ordering from a Mediteranean sister restaurant in the same building. Food was mediocre. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Fun for late VdayhryskoleDined on 2/22/2014A good friend recommended this place and we were not disappointed. They chicken cordon blue was very good. Can't wait to go back and try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal.ninaVIPDined on 2/20/2014Lunch was wonderful -- we all ordered something different and raved about our selections.Special Features:
- Delicious food!DianeDined on 2/15/2014Our choices were limited due to a busy holiday weekend, but we were lucky that Panolivio had a table available for us. We enjoyed the friendly welcome, attentive service, and delicious food. We took 5 lovely desserts home to share with guests and they were delighted. Great evening!Special Features:
- Valentine's NightKokoDined on 2/15/2014My party of four was pleased with their menu choices. The food was very well prepared and try leu delicious. We will watch for other occasions to come for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurantLoGraceDined on 2/8/2014Whenever my group of church ladies want to go out for lunch we always pick Panolivo. The service is excellent and the food is delicious. The employees are very knowledgeable and always accommodating. also, it is almost always the same employees who wait on us each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Paso restaurant!luv2eatDined on 2/1/2014The food here is wonderful, with a great variety. It is possible to eat here on a budget, as there is a nice selection of salads and sandwiches, as well as "fancy" dinners. Best of all it has a friendly, comfortable, non- snooty atmosphere. It is not necessary to dress up, and kids and teenagers enjoy the menu and the atmosphere. I took my 15 year old grandson for his birthday. He selected Panolivo after we viewed menus of a dozen restaurants on-line. He loved his meal.....including his dessert!! The bakery is a particular favorite of mine. I told my friends about Panolivo and they now make it a point to stop here each time they travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2013We were crusin from the Bay Area to LA and found this little french influenced restaurant. Loved it! You must give it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place To DineGreenbeanDined on 11/28/2013Dependably the same - good food, nice (quiet) atmosphere, slow pace, excellent service. Not a place to eat if you are in a hurry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not typical experience.sissyDined on 11/28/2013One of our favorite restaurants but the turkey meal was VERY disappointing. Salad and dessert was excellent but the turkey tasted like a processed turkey roll. The dark portion definitely had the texture of ground meat. Definitely not heat I have come to expect here.Special Features:
- We ate at this restaurantLisaDined on 11/18/2013We ate at this restaurant for our anniversary with some friends. It was great.Special Features:
- Paso BreakfastJP11Dined on 11/9/2013Pan Olivo is a great place for breakfast in Paso. They have a full menu of eggs , quiche, and other goodies. You can also get a side of fruit rather then potatos if you choose which is a nice change. If you want a lighter meal they do have a bakery where you can get a multitude of baked goods. If you are in Paso try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be betterAbbyVIPDined on 10/13/2013The food here is mediocre. The Croque madame was a pretty sad ham and cheese sandwich. For being a French bistro, there could be a few more French wines by the glass. We are locals but will choose to eat elsewhere for awhile.
- Out of this world BreakfastIdoLVIPDined on 9/26/2013This place uses fresh local ingredients. You cannot taste it but really see it! Nice personal service. Lots of locals eat there. It is a bit pricy but worth while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too much fussOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2013We were looking for a restaurant with good food but quick enough service to accommodate the attention span of a 2 year old. This fit the bill, good basic food and quick enough for the entire family to have a good experience.Special Features:
- Excellent bakeryKohrtDined on 9/12/2013The little cakes and breakfast treats are fabulous. I had the shrimp linguine which was good but not exceptional just because the flavor was average. Service was good and our reservation was honored. The meat cannelloni was excellent in flavor. Nice decor, pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Combo - Food & ServiceJimLDined on 9/1/2013Four of us enjoyed dinner at one of the outside tables. The wine list is moderate but priced well and includes some imports in addition to local Paso wines. While I have Celiac and need to eat gluten free, my dining partners ate at will. They really enjoyed the food have a variety. The gluten free choices are the best I have experienced in years. After appetizers I had a burger on a gluten free bun that was not crumbling like most GF bread and it was incredibly tasty. To top all of that the service was spot on. This will certainly be a regular stop on our journeys to the Paso Robles area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and delicious dining...CeeJayDined on 8/31/2013We were on our way to a concert at Vina Robles Amphitheater and due to time constraints, we were happy to find a nice place for a light meal that also was OPEN EARLY for dinner. Panolivo is a charming cafe located a short walk from the City Park. All 3 diners were happy with their selections: panini with turkey, Brie and spinach; crab cake salad; and shrimp pasta. All delicious. We shared a bottle of our own wine, paying the corkage fee of $15 (wish it had been no more than $10...), had a short, but sweet experience. On our way to the concert within about one hour 15 min. later. The next time we come, we'd like to save time for dessert :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!!Marebear439VIPDined on 8/30/2013We discovered Panolivo several years ago while visiting Paso Robles, and it has become our favorite breakfast spot. The food is always excellent and the service is great.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceTimandDonnieDined on 8/17/2013We are local and frequent Panolivo frequently for breakfast and sometimes lunch. Just had never done them for dinner before. We found both the service and the food very good as usual and would recommend them highly!Special Features:
- Not so greatAndersonVIPDined on 8/16/2013Busy weekend in paso so decided to try this place because it was Farther from the town square and not so busy Food was just so so - soup not Good at all-French onion soup with just a sprinkling of cheese on top?? Come on!! service was great- very friendlySpecial Features:
- Nice brunch spotPARFVIPDined on 7/20/2013Our family of 7 was pleased with the food, the service, and the local feel of this comfortable restaurant. Their bakery case was also full of yummy treats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite palceLoGraceDined on 7/13/2013Every summer the ladies from our church get together and have lunch: June, July and August. We used to travel a ways and two years ago decided to try Panolivo. We now return every summer. The restaurant is accomodating and the servers are very friendly. Of course we go with our families in between. The food is delicious. Quiches are the best.Special Features:
- Could be better!LovePerfectionVIPDined on 7/4/2013Our group was seated in the main dining room and it was a bit hot. I didn't realize there was an option to be cooler until I walked back to use the ladies room....it was MUCH cooler in the back. The food was very tasty and we really enjoyed our meals. The wine on the other hand was not cooled and due to the extreme weather the bottle of wine came out really warm...not good for a city known for wine!!! The decor could use a little updating. It looks in need of new paint and other things to spruce it up.
- The food was nothing special.KatieDined on 6/22/2013The food was nothing special. My eggs Benedict came out Luke warm, one egg was hard and not runny and the eggs were very small. My friend got the French toast, had a very wierd flavor-she didn't even eat half of it. Pancakes were adverage, potatoes were very good-came with a little container for some dip, but the container was empty. Server came and started clearing plates while we were still eating, had to actually ask for our plates back.Special Features:
- A Great Spot in Paso RoblesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013We enjoyed a Saturday morning breakfast/brunch at Panalivo's. The restaurant is light and open and joined with Jaffa's Cafe which features a Mediterranean menu (but which was not open for breakfast). Panalivo's featured good rich coffee that the waitress refilled regularly. We enjoyed the French toast (brioche) with Canadian bacon and a Spanish omellete or tort with chorizo, jalapenos, and cheese. The food was freshly prepared and the service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.